Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

So glad Shin the Robot had people on his side. Damn Grandpa is diabolical:o he faked his dementia. Idk why but both Grandpa & Ye-Na's Dad have really funny faces. It's hard to take them seriously!:P Poor Shin the Robot & Hwi-Dong...:unsure:

Especially the robot. Ugh that ***** Ye-Na, if I were So-Bong.. I'd dump her by side of the street. I thought Ye-Na was harmless but she's as nasty as her Dad<_< 

Despite Ye-Na thinking the robot is disgusting (ugh enough with the robot hate) he displays more complex emotions & better understanding than most humans! My heart felt for him when he asked if he'd be "killed off" to So-Bong... 

So-Bong's Dad continues to have the best lines ha-ha! 

"You've money, connections AND muscles too?!"

"Where do you work out huh you brat?!":lol:

Oooo... The robot's gettin' flirty! 

"You're dying, you need mouth to mouth resuscitation!" (me: YES PLEASE:w00t:

"I'm a robot anyway, why can't I help you get dressed?!"

I love how Shin the Robot has the biggest smile whenever he sees So-Bong - it's really sweet. I want a "Robot Slave" tooB)

@phuong1317

Sorry for OT:D

Aha it's (World Cup) still ongoing:D It ends on July-15 I think? I don't follow closely but I'm glad Team Japan made it as far as they did. I'm not a supporter but got to love 'em underdogs! Pretty impressive too for bein' only Asian team to get as far. 

• Like 10

After watching again (this time with subs) I agree with the ones that think that So Bong did well. Imagine that you had a very innocent friend that gets harrassed or used every day in school, but you cannot be there always to protect him...wouldn't you try to wake him up, even if that meant being a bit harsh, and tell him that the others are being too mean to him and that he should be more assertive and not obey the others? This is exactly what she did. She's trying to teach him, so he can protect himself. If he continues to obey Mom, he will be used and killed later, that's what So Bong thinks. But she doesn't have the courage to tell him that Mom would kill him, because she understands how important is Mom for NSIII. I don't see how So Bong could have reacted differently. She's in a difficult situation. Moreover, I guess she already noticed that she's developing feelings for NSIII and is trying to control that in order to not get hurt.

On the other hand, NSIII seems to angle for romance (even if he doesn't know), he already called her pretty and was wondering how his kiss would have affected her if he was human. I think he's experiencing some sort of robot-infatuation, he wants So Bong for himself, hahaha!! :P  It looked like that in the preview too, he can't live without her now. :heart: 

Well, next week it's going to be interesting and I bet human NS is about to wake up. It's going to be a long waiting. :bawling:

• Like 10

@triplem @jerboa83 What caught my attention is that NGH prefers NS3 over NS because he is quick-witted, determined and can even set traps. I have been wondering how the grandfather would react if he discovered that the new NS is in fact a robot. He is thinking right now that his grandson's new personality is related to the mother: for him, her blood explains why NS3 is so strong. 

Actually, David is the only one who keeps calling him adeol "my son" and in my opinion, he already considers him as an entity. Since Aurora has been reunited with her son, she doesn't see why she should keep NS3 around. That's why she keeps mentioning about the kill switch and she won't change her mind. But I believe, when NS wakes up, he will have a different opinion.

1. First, NS has never been interested in the company,
  2. I don't think, he will agree to marry YN.
  3. The mother works for the grandfather, while NS wanted to escape this company and world. For him, it was like a prison.

Moreover, I sense that Aurora has been idealizing her relationship with NS. She thinks, once he is awake and they are together, everything will go smoothly because either NS will follow what she says or the other way around. But if NS doesn't want to get married to YN, then what will she do? She can't force her child.... on the other hand, YN will blackmail them. 

YN's behavior proved me that she doesn't really love NS. Her tears didn't move me. When she yelled at SB for her disrespectful behavior (taking a picture) at the wedding dress shop, she pointed out that since SB had been hanging around a lot with a chaebol, she thought that she could do anything. Her words underlined that she perceives NS as a heir first and not as a human being. Like SB outlined, YN has nothing without her father and NS. YN is in reality interested in power and wealth to a certain extent, unlike SB. YN keeps treating the human NS as a thing, although she keeps calling him oppa, because she made sure to get married to NS before he wakes up. Notice that the date is already settled and I am sure that the wedding is supposed to happen very soon. I can imagine that she would even use NS3 as groom. She never asked for the mother's approval. Besides, she got aware that the mother disliked her father very much, hence she was sure that the mother would never allow such a marriage, especially when Aurora claims that her father tried to kill NS. She disappeared and made sure to saize the opportunity to force the marriage.

• Like 11

I think human NS will wake up before the "marriage" happens.

This scene from the teaser poster is next week right ...? 

Spoiler

Based on the tagline from the other poster, it's actual dialogue from the script. If NS3 says "I'm a robot, but even so, will you love me?"  while putting on the necklace I will cry T__T

DdH3YDUV4AA2a6M.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Heheheheh this Robot is getting smarter. But still I can't accept the artificial feeling the Robot has for SoBong, it's not fair for her to get a Robo-Boyfriend - not until NS3 show us a proper kiss to SB - at least :D

Episode 7 convinced me that NS3 has the X-Ray ability - by screening his nephew pacemaker.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Episodes 7 and 8 were great.  NS3 is becoming more and more human, and is developing feelings.  It is obvious in his face and demeanor.  He may not know it as feelings or emotions but he is definitely feeling things.  I also love and support how SB is treating him.  She seems to be the only one that cares for him right now.  I really dislike YN and am hoping NS wakes up before the wedding.  I don't think he will be happy to wake up and find that he is married to her.  Loved the ending of ep 8.  Hope SB doesn't leave him for too long.  I like them together.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Maybe uri SB could strike a deal with O RoRa. That instead of resorting to using kill switch when time comes and human Shin wakes up she would leave uri tin can to SB.  They could just return to his home in Czech and live there quietly with David helping them.

Seriously, I feel like SB would master up all of her courage and return to NS3's side and this time it will be a triple agent working against both SJG and O RoRa to protect her robot at all cost just as she'd promised. Uri girl just needs a little time out to get her bearings back.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, viktormani said:

I’m propably the only one here who’s tired of the robot NS and wants the human NS to come back, idk I’m just not feeling this show at the moment. There’s just something missing I don’t know what though.

That's quite a controversial statement you have made my friend :lol: but yes I do agree somehow with you, while I do love the cheerful, happy Robot Shin however considering the dark theme and all villains and schemes I do think we need gloomy and serious Human Nam Shin to balance out the happy virus of robot Shin. 

• Like 5

Even he's a robot, somehow we can see character development on him. I love how confident NS3 is, when he asked her to relax because he will always be there for her. His voice is so steady and strong, and not his normal cutesy self. 

And its very interesting to see him confused with his own internal changes. He even a bit startled when SB ask him why he protected her and want to just quietly driving ... ha. Is he shy?

SB in return also being so considerate of him. She offer to drive when she think NS3 upset of being ignored by mom.

Their bonding should not be taken lightly. And its not deluded to say that they have better & stronger relationship compare to any other human in this drama. I would love to see he start to make decision on his own and lose control a bit haha...

Btw this article is a good summary for the preview.

https://www.google.com/amp/en.koreaportal.com/amp/articles/45841/20180704/are-you-human-too-episodes-17-18-spoilers-nam-shin-iii-becomes-uncontrollable-after-so-bong-s-exit.htm

• Like 8

For me, one of the best things happen in episode 8 is when NS3 said "You can't mistreat her... or anyone else" in front of everyone.

Lol. That's smart. He tried to outwit everyone there. :v 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Episode 7 convinced me that NS3 has the X-Ray ability - by screening his nephew pacemaker.

I'm not sure about that... It seemed to me that he only detected the pacemaker's wifi signal and projected an image of it in his own mind like he always does.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

YN's behavior proved me that she doesn't really love NS. Her tears didn't move me. When she yelled at SB for her disrespectful behavior (taking a picture) at the wedding dress shop, she pointed out that since SB had been hanging around a lot with a chaebol, she thought that she could do anything. Her words underlined that she perceives NS as a heir first and not as a human being.

I think the episode is obviously saying that she does love him. In a self obsessed, single minded, no real care for the other person kind of way. I guess that's the only love you can know when your dad is selfish and social climbing to his core. She wants him so she's going to get him, no matter what. She thinks that's enough for her, and wants her dad to be okay with his position and her position working in the company and just live above average lives (but not TOO high level they only work at the company). Ye Na was literally going to sign away every bit of wealth or power she could've gotten in her marriage to marry Nam Shin. You can't twist that into her just wanting him for wealth/heir status no matter how annoying and insufferable she is. 

She thinks So Bong is below her, a broke girl who likes being treated well by a robot who looks like a successful man. The Cinderella in dramaland. Because to her there's no other reason she would care about a robot unless it was for financial gain or the appearance of it, it can't be because she's a good person and doesn't want a living being to be treated badly. That doesn't make sense in Ye Na's head because she's just not a good person and she doesn't treat people well. 

I can't wait for next week. It's the 'imagining the girl i love is here' trope on steroids it's gonna be great. He's gonna be feeling a lot of things, and won't know what to do with it all next week. His identity will be more in danger and it'll make So Bong come back probably. And it looks like they have a little mini date in the episode too! I just want So Bong to understand that even if she leaves to make him stop acting "funny" he's still in danger. Even if he goes back to acting like he did before, and stop putting her first, he's going to get shut down. And even if she pulls away she's going to be upset by it, she just can't stop caring. 

I'm wondering when human Nam Shin is going to wake up. I think it'll be next week or the week after. Because he's going to factor into the story heavily, and the bad guys are close to figuring out that he's been replaced which should be right around the time that the "real" Shin should come back. I'm not looking forward to him being a mega-jerk on screen but contrasting him with our Shin in real time will be interesting. And it'll make the characters really think about what humanity is/ what they really like about Shin. Like i think Young Joon really does like our Shin to a degree, but he likes human Shin more. So how is he gonna feel? How will Robot Maker Dad feel? Will So Bong try and take him and run away or will she plead his case? 

It's a lot of stuff to worry about!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if someone has already posted this theory, but I saw it on youtube and it really caught my attention. I don't want to steal his or her idea but just wanted to post it. What if the human Nam Shin's brain is operated on and somehow the robot Nam Shin's brain, thoughts, and feelings are put in the human Nam Shin. I saw some one post this idea and it really got me thinking, how things would turn out. But honestly I would prefer SB and robot Nam Shin just to run away with their vacuum friend and live in peace :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

I don't know if someone has already posted this theory, but I saw it on youtube and it really caught my attention. I don't want to steal his or her idea but just wanted to post it. What if the human Nam Shin's brain is operated on and somehow the robot Nam Shin's brain, thoughts, and feelings are put in the human Nam Shin. I saw some one post this idea and it really got me thinking, how things would turn out. But honestly I would prefer SB and robot Nam Shin just to run away with their vacuum friend and live in peace :)

That idea is pretty extreme to be in my mind. 

If one's brain, mind, and feelings are installed into another, it will cause much damage. 

I don't see it becoming true

• Like 4

What makes Are You Human, Too? different from other robot dramas is that it’s main character, Namsin 3 is presented in such a way that we will invest in him. We saw him “grow up” from the young boy Namsin 1 to teenage Namsin 2, and now, as a full grown adult Namsin 3. We also got to see him evolve in his capabilities – from not being able to walk on a flight of stairs to running and jumping on moving cars; from not having facial expressions to making our hearts melt with his warm smile; from being the apathetic robot who only cares about his Mom to the precious android who save other people’s lives. I don’t know about you, but if the primary goal of this show is to question its audience of their “humanity” or the essence of being “human,” then it’s doing a good job in proving that even though he is just a piece of plastic and metal, he is more humane than everyone else in this drama.

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/07/05/k-drama-reaction-are-you-human-too-episodes-15-16/

• Like 9

4 hours ago, bkchild said:

I think the episode is obviously saying that she does love him. In a self obsessed, single minded, no real care for the other person kind of way. I guess that's the only love you can know when your dad is selfish and social climbing to his core. She wants him so she's going to get him, no matter what. She thinks that's enough for her, and wants her dad to be okay with his position and her position working in the company and just live above average lives (but not TOO high level they only work at the company). Ye Na was literally going to sign away every bit of wealth or power she could've gotten in her marriage to marry Nam Shin. You can't twist that into her just wanting him for wealth/heir status no matter how annoying and insufferable she is. 

Yes, it looks on the surface that she is giving up everything for NS. But is she in reality? In my opinion, she is not because she knows that NS will become the heir and successor which means through her mariage, she will get a higher status and position than she ever had with her father. By giving up everything for her mariage, the grandfather makes sure that YN won't try to work with her father so that he becomes more powerful, however this doesn't mean that she doesn't enjoy being powerful and rich. Actually, during the scene at the wedding dress shop, she acted like she was entitled and rich.

She perceives SB as below her which proves to me that she thinks of herself as if she belonged to a different class. Nevertheless, she is just an employee (sure with a manager position). When she tried to remind her father that he shouldn't be so greedy, she always mentioned her marriage as a point. Through her marriage, he will become the father-in-law of the heir and future CEO which means that his status will increase. Sure, it is less compared if he became the real CEO because he could do anything he wants. As the future wife of the heir, she will get a higher status than she has. Notice that she wasn't on the front page before, until her marriage was mentioned.

If we look back at the scene between director Seo and her daughter at the hospital in the beginning: he came worried and acted like a loving father who would do anything for her daughter and she was his priority. Little by little, SB got aware that their loving relationship was just a facade because she witnessed how YN wouldn't trust her father and reverse. Both are keeping things from each other and that's exactly how I perceive YN with NS. She gives the impression that she loves NS (tears, showing worries about NS) but the first thing she did was to make sure to get married. She keeps saying that he is dying but she wants to get married. If she was so worried, how is she able to think about a marriage? She used the situation to her advantage.

Then my next point is: is it love, when you don't care about the opinion of your loved one? You mentioned yourself the word "self-obsessed" and I would like to underline that even you, you see obsession in her behaviour. She is not just self-obsessed, getting married to NS is an obsession. That's why I am saying that she doesn't love NS. She is just obsessed with the marriage. In each occasion, she tried to bring up the topic. She definitely sensed that the human NS didn't like her getting too close to him. He always pushed her away and that's how NS3 was supposed to act too. Why did she choose that moment, when she knew that the human NS was the most vulnerable? It is because deep down, she knew that NS would never agree to this marriage. She is just an opportunist, she doesn't realize her own greed. She ist just like her father: cunning, rude and obsessed.While her father tried to use YH's weakness (her sick son), she did the same with NS: he is sick and weak.

When NS wakes up from the coma and tells his mother that he doesn't want to get married or even doesn't  want to become the next CEO... what will YN do? Since SB mentioned that humans can do scary things, I am expecting that YN will betray NS and NS3, when she realizes that she will never get married to NS. Notice that she still doesn't know that SB worked for her father. At some point, she will discover it and that's how she will realize that her father has been played. Once she reveals the switch to her father, it will only reveal her true personality: she didn't really care for NS, she just wanted to be the wife of a chaebol so that she could enjoy a high status and position. My other prediction is that she will be the one who informs that SB is NS3's weakness so that Seo will go after SB.

To conclude, her tears and her behavior as a worried person were just an act. I believe that YN is not even aware of her own superficiality and obsession. She just thinks that she loves NS which is even worse.

@triplem @nateko @philosophie @jerboa83

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Muh Fadlan said:

I disagree about Kang So Bong. 

She isn't as intelegent as NS3, but she knows how the outside world is, how cruel it is. 

You can't survive in this cruel society and continue being naive.

She knew his robot was sad (in his own way). But because he is a Robot, she didn't (yet) know how to comfort him. So instead, she told one or two advices there. 

She isn't stupid, she is realistic. 

Even I would be angry to be dump like that by someone who I care in 20 years. His mom is honestly just super cold hearted. 

Sure, but i just can't see what you see in her.

Her way of handling situations pretty much screams of her impulsive personality rather than an intelligent one. Intelligence doesn't only mean being good at maths or academics. This intelligence that I speak of is common-place and emotional intelligence, and upon comparing her with other humans around her I find her skills inadequate. Another problem with her is , which is common amongst all cinderella characters, she considers herself very pure at heart while the world is a manipulative trash pit.

She keeps releasing these character certificates of NS without even a second of reflection on her own behavior. She is the one who took the job of a bodyguard, presumably to earn money as other people in the world do. And then she chose to violate the essence of her job and still goes about trotting like a princess. It is laughable. One doesn't get to blame the manipulator because its one's own behavior that allowed other to manipulate in the first place.

Worse is that every action of hers , including her thoughts, are clear expression of her insensitivity towards others and her vanity in considering herself better than the rest. Because she has judged NS to be a bad person and puts herself at a higher pedestal over him, she uttered the words that she did. In her eyes, NS is a jerk and her mind couldn't analyze the entire situation objectively. A normal person would have also made note of the fact that a person is dying and his mom is by his side, how that person never had a chance to be with his mom and grew up all alone. She knows all of this and yet she chose to completely overlook the facts. Frankly, i don't think she was even trying to comfort robo, in her mind she has already labeled mom as a selfish woman because she ignored what Sb thinks is higher in value. In fact, a normal human reaction would have been to address the perceived issue head on while adding a positive spin to it, such as "I could see your mom was very stressed with almost near fatal incident that NS faced today and as a result ended up ignoring you, but if you are very bummed about it we can spend some quality time and do something fun to help you distract" .. something on those lines.

She fails to comfort a person. Just being emotional, shouting, or incompetency of handling her own feelings don't make her an "intelligent person" rather suggest otherwise. She can't even take care of her dad.

I am actually surprised to see your third statement. Do you mean all of us cheat and choose wrong ways to survive in this world. No! Intelligence comprises how skillfully you manage interpersonal relationships by actively shaping the situation - be it as a leader, as a follower, for self, for near ones, with stranger. She wasn't comforting him. She doesn't need to know whether he was a robot or not. What you said is a paradox. if she realized the thought process that she ended up saying, she was already thinking of the robot as a human and assumed the most common reaction prevails. Therefore, her approach to comforting him shows her incapability to choose the right words; she is lucky that he is not human, but more like a baby who will blindly accept these new things as right ways. Tough is not one who behaves as per their will without consideration for others (example, snub/scold others because you are in bad mood and then go apologize once you calm down), a strong character is when one can control his suffering and expression of it.

20 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

2) His face is not the only problem: the real problem is what Namshin3 knows. The information he has on what they have done might send them all to jail for fraud, identity theft and other crimes. They might reset it/him, but it would be a different "person" anyway. Another problem is that he's evolving, showing self-preservation instincts and a growing personal identity awareness, re-adjusting his priorities and rebelling, and that represents no less than the infamous Technological Singularity, something potentially very, very dangerous and scary. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity His "mom" tried to create something as intelligent as humans or more, but with no real feelings, no sense of self-preservation and self-esteem, no real social needs. Since she's a top scientist, she knew beforehand that many things might have gone wrong with such an experiment, and she tried to keep it under control by adding a kill switch for the worst-case scenario.

David has a very different view on that: he's willing to face that challenge head-on, if needed. From his viewpoint, creating life (including artificial life) means also accepting the risks it poses and being a responsible, supporting mentor in case that new life form finds it hard to adjust to the human world or doesn't behave the way its creators expect it to.

3) Sobong is not dumb, just lacking in terms of social skills, and it's the same with N3, very smart but still struggling to get the gist of how to behave amid human beings' complicated, unpredictable emotional responses. Actually, the advice both Sobong and Secretary Ji have given to him so far is pretty solid and useful, considering that none of the two is a social skills "role-model"... 

2) Doesn't make sense. Why will NS3 go against mom or david, NS, doctor, or anyone. Its the people who created NS3 who want to kill it once NS is back because they can't have 2 people with same face wandering around. THerefore, their entire problem literally just lies in the face. He is designed to be a nice robot and even though it is learning to act on his own he is still doing that for the better. The way his progress is , it is very clear that he can be controlled and be part of the camp like jarvis.

she didn't always have the kill switch, she added that only as an afterthought when NS3 had to fly down to seoul. 

3) I am still going with SB being dumb and my reasoning is outlined in another reply posted above this post.

21 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Loved your post!

1. This why I hope and still hoping that NS is not just a minor role. I love to watch NS3 but I would love to know NS as well. I do think Assistant Ji is the only person who truly knows NS. I know he is no where near NS3 good nature but I really do think that he is not that bad either. Anyone else who noticed Hee Dong saying 'you gave me the robot, I m going to keep it'? It was obviously not So Bong who gave it to him nor it was NS3 since it was his first time meeting hee dong as well. It is possible that it was actually human NS who gave him the robot?

Very nice, very nice. I missed that.

2. No I can't stand seeing Ye Na with NS at any cost, she is annoying as hell especially when she asked NS3 to stand facing the wall. I really hope they won't end up together I get it that she loves Shin for whatever the reason is but the way she treat people is so damn annoying.

The thing with her is, she will be willing to change if given the right environment. Rt now she is a pretty pampered rich girl who gets whatever or whoever she wants. Even a powerful one as NS who doesn't like her back she can get him and has him tied down as her fiance. Now if you evaluate to what extent she is ready to go for NS shows a very compassionate heart within that just doesn't know how to live in a wider society.

7. I'm really really glad I m not the only one who is mad at So Bong for this. Does she not realize he is a robot? Yet she is filling up his mind with stupid things? Especially since he is learning from other and has no judgement of his own for now? I really have a hate and love relation with so bong. I totally loved her when she was the only one who acknowledged ns3 at their hideout while everyone was looking after human NS. She was the only one who respectfully called him director Nam and opened the door for him. And the next minute was the facepalm moment for me when she started talking about how mean her mom is, so bong my dear that's NOT how you comfort people/robots. I also love how she is always the one to stop ye Na from treating NS3 like an object but I also hate how she really treats him like her servant ordering him around.

oh you rphrased this much better than i did in all my ramblings.

That's it.. its a robot. He is learning and she is indeed adding these stupid ideas to create go knows what rules. She will turn jarvis into ultron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@tatusii In my opinion, this is an attempt to kill NS3. They used a truck in the past in order to get rid of NS. So same MO.... I guess

• Like 7