Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

@butterflyeffect , @dreamfall92, thank you guys for the great news! I just checked the KBS schedule and was like *say what?  In a good way ofc:) I have a really bad day today so it was like a little drop of balm on my wounds)

Lets hope and pray they won't changed it again in these couple of days.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

After Yena slaps the watch to the ground...

YN: Why are so friendly with her? *

NGH: So Younghoon doesn't become the second Jong Gil, do well *

YN: Take it (the picture)

YN: What is this? I told you no.

SB: Sorry.

NS(NS3): What are you sorry for? I'm the one who asked you to.

SB: Why did you do that earlier?

SB: What are you bringing that up for?

NS3: How would things be if I were a human?

*=I couldn't hear clearly, but I think this is the gist of what was said ... please feel free to correct me/I'll edit if I find out

I honestly need to know... why is Yena so obsessed with NS??? lmao. How can she claim to love him when she's one-sidedly forcing her feelings. :neutral:

Thank you for your translation. It's kind of upsets me to see YN trying on her wedding dress before SB. Like she does it on purpose. And while she is the one looking pathetic in this situation it's still richard simmons me off just a little.

As for YN's feelings, I think that in a way her obsession with NS is like a brother complex. From what I understand these two grew up together and NS was the only man figure around her age. He probably was kind and protective as a brother and thus YN grew up crushing on him and picturing him as an ideal man. 

But still I find YN's *love* to be very selfish because she asumes herself the best candidate for him never taking in consideration NS's own feelings and desires. In this respect YN really resembles her father. If she wants something, she takes it's at any cost. 

Her heart may be in the right place but she is still spoiled little brat. Personally I find her character very annoying. I know it was made on purpose but she came out as an extremely trite second female lead love rival with whiny voice, obtrusive manner, petulant behavior and pouty lips. I'd prefer more elegant and classy second female leads, more dignified and  smart but in subtle way (if you know what I mean ^_^).

And that is not about YN. She is like a big baby in frills. Looks nothing but irritating and tiresome.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Thank you for your translation. It's kind of upsets me to see YN trying on her wedding dress before SB. Like she does it on purpose. And while she is the one looking pathetic in this situation it's still richard simmons me off just a little.

As for YN's feelings, I think that in a way her obsession with NS is like a brother complex. From what I understand these two grew up together and NS was the only man figure around her age. He probably was kind and protective as a brother and thus YN grew up crushing on him and picturing him as an ideal man. 

But still I find YN's *love* to be very selfish because she asumes herself the best candidate for him never taking in consideration NS's own feelings and desires. In this respect YN really resembles her father. If she wants something, she takes it's at any cost. 

Her heart may be in the right place but she is still spoiled little brat. Personally I find her character very annoying. I know it was made on purpose but she came out as an extremely trite second female lead love rival with whiny voice, obtrusive manner, petulant behavior and pouty lips. I'd prefer more elegant and classy second female leads, more dignified and  smart but in subtle way (if you know what I mean ^_^).

And that is not about YN. She is like a big baby in frills. Looks nothing but irritating and tiresome.

Nope nope nope! I hate second lead syndrome :D annoying ye na is best so when she won't get NS in the end I won't be sad lol. (Not that I love So Bong but I think she is on right track for now)

Also is grandpa doubting handsome Ji? I wonder what will be his reaction now that he knows grandpa is spying on him to check if he is anything like Seo :crazy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Thanks for the translation, @butterflyeffect   Ugh, this grandfather!  I agree the grandfather is protecting NS, not as a grandson, but as a successor.  He wants him to be "tough" and cunning and very much not to trust easily/at all... but from all we've seen of NS, he never easily trusted anyone!  IMO, one point of the dementia plan was really to force NS closer to the grandfather/PK while making NS permanently paranoid.  :angry:  I find grandfather's actions, particularly around YH, reprehensible. He's installed a beholdened servant (YH) by NS's side while ultimately planning to undercut any trust his grandson might place in him by sowing suspicion.  Maybe someone can claim that after Seo, he's being careful, but if the dementia con was partially meant to expose who was truly loyal, then YH has proven himself a thousand times over!  It's like the grandfather is trying to create a relationship between NS and YH that is similar to the relationship he has/had with Seo but better engineered, version 2.0.  NS3's presence has really overturned the applecart because the dementia con won't work on him; he's got other handlers; and so far, he tells YH everything. I laugh, because the blowback is so sweet! 

That also ties into why I think grandfather is so into the YN marriage - NS is romantically indifferent to her, so there's no danger of him caring about her more than himself or the company (in grandpa's ideal world) and YN has proven her loyalty.  This is also why I really find YN distasteful. She is relatively intelligent, obsession aside, and she grew up with NS. Even if she doesn't know the particulars, his contempt for his grandfather is pretty clear as are the surface reasons why (control). Yet she quite blatantly relies upon the grandfather's power and tactics to force NS's hand since it really doesn't matter how she gets him as long as she gets him.  I do not believe this crap would stop after the marriage. Look at YN's plan to keep SB as a bodyguard after the marriage as a display of power and control - if that isn't some grandfather level bs...!  Imagine being the target of such suffocating "love" from both ends and having those ends be in league with each other?!  That's why I don't find any of her actions cute or even pitiable.  That's why I enjoy aunt bluntly telling her the truth.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Nope nope nope! I hate second lead syndrome :D annoying ye na is best so when she won't get NS in the end I won't be sad lol. (Not that I love So Bong but I think she is on right track for now)

Also is grandpa doubting handsome Ji? I wonder what will be his reaction now that he knows grandpa is spying on him to check if he is anything like Seo :crazy:

Lol, as long YN doesn't get the boy in the end all is good in my world, haha:D

To be fair to secretary Ji, grandpa doubts every single one of them so there should be nothing new for uri secretary. I mean he knew what he was getting himself into from the very beginning. And let's be honest, he loves every minute of it.;)

Damn, am I the only one who excually ABSOLUTELY  LOVES SB? She is just the right kind of heroine for me. She is so very human and real in contrast to the usually goody-good shoes and Cinderella like female leads who make me cringe.:crazy:

This girl is a fighter in every sense of the word. She knows that this world ain't a fairy-tale, and good doesn't conquer bad in the end of the day. She had a first hand experience and learned her lesson well. She knows that you should fight your way in life grabbing at every opportunity. She is messed up has her faults but despite of her sharp edges her heart and loyalty are still in the right place (ofc if you are lucky enough to find the way to her heart).

Yup, she was a bit too cinique and selfish at the beginning but uri NS3 started to melt her heart with his childlike innocence and honesty. Actually I find  that SB and human NS are much alike in some ways. And  despite all my love for uri NS3 I still am curious to see how the real NS would interact with SB should they cross paths and have an opportunity to get to know each other more closely. They actually have a very good potential to help each other heal their emotional wounds.

Though personally my heart forever belongs to uri robot - slave. :wub: And I secretly hope that David would take him with SB back to Czech where they would live quiet and happy life together. *sight*

• Like 9

11 hours ago, juju84 said:

Damn, am I the only one who excually ABSOLUTELY  LOVES SB? She is just the right kind of heroine for me. She is so very human and real in contrast to the usually goody-good shoes and Cinderella like female leads who make me cringe.:crazy:

This girl is a fighter in every sense of the word. She knows that this world ain't a fairy-tale, and good doesn't conquer bad in the end of the day. She had a first hand experience and learned her lesson well. She knows that you should fight your way in life grabbing at at every opportunity but even though her heart and loyalty are still in the right place.

Yup, she was a bit too cinique and selfish at the beginning but uri NS3 started to melt her heart with his childlike innocence and honesty. Actually I find  that SB and human NS are much alike in some ways. And  despite all my love for uri NS3 I still am curious to see how the real NS would interact with SB should they cross paths and have an opportunity to get to know each other more closely. They actually have a very good potential to help each other heal their emotional wounds.

Though personally my heart forever belongs to uri robot - slave. :wub: And I secretly hope that David would take him with SB back to Czech where they would live quiet and happy life together. *sight*

I'm 100% on your team! My thoughts about Sobong, Shin and Namshin3 are EXACTLY the same. I'd be very interested in seeing them interacting with each other, and I hope the best for the three of them.

• Like 10

@theseasasleep,absolutely love your post. It's so spot on especially in depicting YN's character that i couldn't say it any better. Thanks for sharing it:)

While grandpa's actions sometimes going to the extremes I can still kind of understand and the reasonings behind it.
YN's underhanded attempts to tie NS up to her is too much for me. Her blatant disregard of his desires and opinion just clearly shows her true manipulating self and the kind of selfish *love* she has.

Cutting off NS's way out of this family even though she must know just how much he is unhappy there.

But it's just like she said *she always gets what she wants* this statement says it all about her character. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

Lol, as long YN doesn't get the boy in the end all is good in my world, haha:D

To be fair to secretary Ji, grandpa doubts every single one of them so there should be nothing new for uri secretary. I mean he knew what he was getting himself into from the very beginning. And let's be honest, he loves every minute of it.;)

This girl is a fighter in every sense of the word. She knows that this world ain't a fairy-tale, and good doesn't conquer bad in the end of the day. She had a first hand experience and learned her lesson well. She knows that you should fight your way in life grabbing at every opportunity. She is messed up has her faults but despite of her sharp edges her heart and loyalty are still in the right place (ofc if you are lucky enough to find the way to her heart).

I LOVED it when she took money for spying on Human NS, like you said I m sick of all goody-good, all the time acting nice , kind blah blah. Like come on we are humans and we are not perfect, so I really thought that she is a really refreshing female lead lol. But the moment she took money to destroy NS life AFTER he saved her life was such a turn off for me :tears: that move was plain bad imo.

And yesss I really want to see NS and SB interaction like you said they both are alike, I want to see the look on his face after knowing that she is in a 'some' relation with his 'twin' :rolleyes:

@theseasasleep 100% agree with your post regarding YH and grandpa it's spot on.

• Like 8

@juju84 @jerboa83 

I am so glad I am not the only one loving our heroine! We should definitely form a So Bong protection squad, because I am really tired to read so much hate on her on other sites (e.g. Dramafever's FB page).

• Like 10

@jerboa83  Thanks for the long preview on YT!  :)  Is it petty of me to resent if uri NS3 touches YN even a little?  It's petty, isn't it?  Sigh, here I am loving how uri robot x cyborg couple are smiling at each other and smiling at the piggybacking and promises, etc., then I get to the bridal shop moment and I want to leap into the video and pull him away!!!!  LOL, he is too precious to me. 

I'm so glad I haven't totally turned you guys off with my rant-post, hahaha. Being a kdrama, I'm sure some twist will give grandad a heart and I have hope YN will calm down in the future.  As someone else already so wisely noted, NS and SB are similar in that they were scarred by the terrible acts of humans and it inspired them to behave more inhumanly, too.  SB has NS3 to readjust her thinking, here's hoping NS gets a chance, too. Though not at the expense of uri NS3!  :D

@juju84 @dreamfall92  Add me to the love-and-protect SB club!  I am an admitted newbie and was pretty annoyed with her for betraying the guy who saved her from fire BUT there are so many male leads who I've forgiven for worse and really I love how tough she is and clever and yet kind of bad at being bad.  The non-Candy heroine club is quite small and as long as the drama doesn't go crazy, she'll make a good addition. 

• Like 8

Re-watching episode 1-6 this weekend. LOL

I was shock seeing the upcoming episode with wedding outfit of YN :crazy: - Looks like for pre-wedding shot, oh I hope our SB, Ms. Jo and her allies will ruin the the scene. YeNa is so sweet tho for saying that she will be a good wife to NS3 - LOL.

IMO, Grandfather initial action of separating NS from his mother after NS's Dad death is to protect NS, otherwise - the Villain Mr. Seo will easily destroy Dr. Oh and little NS. Grandfather instinct, he knew from the start Mr. Seo is after his company. I am also suspecting the loyalty of NS's Aunt, why she easily giving up the information of her father to Mr. Seo with that threat. If I'm not mistaken Robot NS has not seen his cousin face to face yet, right... wonder if NS3 will remember to act cold towards his cousin hahaha since NS3 already showed us his sweet side.

I wish to see episodes where NS3, SoBong, YeNa, and human NS around at the same time with our handsome JiYoungHoon working hard to please "two" NamShins.

In previous life, NamShin was a Joseon handsome bachelor ..still chaebol!!

hwajung_joowon.jpg

Credit: Thetalkingcupboard.com - Hwajung

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Re-watching episode 1-6 this weekend. LOL

I was shock seeing the upcoming episode with wedding outfit of YN :crazy: - Looks like for pre-wedding shot, oh I hope our SB, Ms. Jo and her allies will ruin the the scene. YeNa is so sweet tho for saying that she will be a good wife to NS3 - LOL.

IMO, Grandfather initial action of separating NS from his mother after NS's Dad death is to protect NS, otherwise - the Villain Mr. Seo will easily destroy Dr. Oh and little NS. Grandfather instinct, he knew from the start Mr. Seo is after his company. I am also suspecting the loyalty of NS's Aunt, why she easily giving up the information of her father to Mr. Seo with that threat. If I'm not mistaken Robot NS has not seen his cousin face to face yet, right... wonder if NS3 will remember to act cold towards his cousin hahaha since NS3 already showed us his sweet side.

I wish to see episodes where NS3, SoBong, YeNa, and human NS around at the same time with our handsome JiYoungHoon working hard to please "two" NamShins.

In previous life, NamShin was a Joseon handsome bachelor ..still chaebol!!

Credit: Thetalkingcupboard.com - Hwajung

Mann! the hate the poor boy got for hwajung lol, I haven't watched this drama so I don't know but was his acting really bad in hwajung? I really don't think he is bad at acting, he was beyond perfect in cheese in the trap but I keep seeing comments that he acts like a robot (not that namshin 3 robot:D):crazy:

I really don't think grandap had any good intentions when he kidnapped NS, why would you keep a kid away from his mom for 20 years and then raise him to be psycho. Sure there is a possibility but the chances are quite less. He really doesn't care about him tbh he sees him as his successor and not his grandson that's why I think he would gladly accept robot Nam Shin 3 since he is closer to his 'ideal type' :lol:

• Like 5

18 hours ago, juju84 said:

And I secretly hope that David would take him with SB back to Czech where they would live quiet and happy life together. *sight* 

Where do I need to sign to get that ending? I love the cyborg-tin can couple, they are cute beyond words :wub:

Btw, I've seen many people speculating about So Bong and Nam Shin when he wakes up. But I don't see them getting too close. The series has been very clear in the differentiation of NSIII and Nam Shin in So Bong's eyes. One saved her life and helped her to find her mother's pendant, while the other slapped her and sent her to the ground just to have an excuse to take a plane. We all know that Nam Shin has his reasons, but for our girl, the two NS have to feel very different. Her heart only went wild in moments where NSIII was close to her, she was never moved by Nam Shin. I think the contrast is pretty stark, and even So Bong said at some point that she couldn't believe she was fooled by NSIII. My bet is that So Bong's heart will remain with NSIII no matter what, and at this point she will be able to tell who's who without hesitation, haha!! Although maybe she can be friends with Nam Shin in the end?

Edited by Vega Lyra
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, crazyyo said:

I LOVED it when she took money for spying on Human NS, like you said I m sick of all goody-good, all the time acting nice , kind blah blah. Like come on we are humans and we are not perfect, so I really thought that she is a really refreshing female lead lol. But the moment she took money to destroy NS life AFTER he saved her life was such a turn off for me :tears: that move was plain bad imo.

And yesss I really want to see NS and SB interaction like you said they both are alike, I want to see the look on his face after knowing that she is in a 'some' relation with his 'twin' :rolleyes:

@theseasasleep 100% agree with your post regarding YH and grandpa it's spot on.

Yup, that particular scene was of the reproachful kind. At that moment I was also a bit disappointed in SB's way of repaying NS's kindness and even life debt. But in her defense, I must say that

1) SB was doubtful about NS's motives for her saving and from her life experience we can assume that she knows nothing in this world comes for free and everyone has an ulterior motives (though I agree this reasoning doesn't change the fact NS was risking his life to save hers).

2) SB agreed on the job because she truly believed all SJG was trying to do is a background check on NS for his daughter's sake. And even though he was trying to do it in an underhanded way it's not like he was attempting something harmful, in SB's opinion.  Something among the lines of rich and their quirks.

'Cause we saw that SB reconsidered her priorities accepting her double agent role (albeit begrudgingly) for O Ro Ra when she found out SJG was the one behind NS's accident.

Yup, our girl is surely not the saint but she has her morals:)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Vega Lyra said:

Where do I need to sign to get that ending? I love the cyborg-tin can couple, they are cute beyond words :wub:

Btw, I've seen many people speculating about So Bong and Nam Shin when he wakes up. But I don't see them getting too close. The series has been very clear in the differentiation of NSIII and Nam Shin in So Bong's eyes. One saved her life and helped her to find her mother's pendant, while the other slapped her and sent her to the ground just to have an excuse to take a plane. We all know that Nam Shin has his reasons, but for our girl, the two NS have to feel very different. Her heart only went wild in moments where NSIII was close to her, she was never moved by Nam Shin. I think the contrast is pretty stark, and even So Bong said at some point that she couldn't believe she was fooled by NSIII. My bet is that So Bong's heart will remain with NSIII no matter what, and at this point she will be able to tell who's who without hesitation, haha!! Although maybe she can be friends with Nam Shin in the end?

Me too, I am forever in *cyborg & tin can* team, chingu!:wub: BUT I can't vouch for what it would be like between  human NS and SB. 

Yes, I adamantly hope that SB will remain at NS3's side no matter what. And as you've said, it's totally clear that the main lead and main focus of the show is robot NS who being a robot is more human than many of those who were born that way.

We know that human NS can never beat uri robot in that respect but that is also in a way his advantage over NS3. 

And to be fair to human NS he never had the chance to show his true self (also I doubt he would get much on-screen time to do so in the future, which is a pity in my opinion). 

So here I'm kind of at the crossroad for now about my opinion of these two brothers. These two victims of those who call themselves family.  It's not quite fair to judge NS without giving him chance to state his case.

But just as you, I can't picture the love line between human NS and SB, not now at least. And frankly I don't even want to. 

Not that I have some prejudice or dislike to NS rather I don't want for SB's heart to be this fickle.

And at the moment, I can't see how the writer can make this love line plausible without turning SB into an airhead of sorts. Which would be a total letdown and ruin the huge part of the plot and SB's character.  I don't mind to intertain this poissibility IF it's done adequately and belivable. But I honestly can't see the way to do it right, at this point. 

Anyway, If we can't have our *happily ever after* for cyborg & tin can team, at the very least I hope that the love interest would be coming solely from human NS while SB is mourning her loss and the drama would end on the note of possibility of something romantic between these two. Like you've said, let them start with friendship and deep understanding while the rest remains behind the curtain for another story.

P.s. About SB being able to tell brothers apart. I have this scene playing in my head where SB tells human NS *Liar* when  he attempts to impersonate his robot twin, just like uri NS3 with his lie detector.:P

Also I really want for SB to give her heart-shaped pendant to NS3 at some point. He always repeats he doesn't have a heart, she should just give him hers next time he says it. ;):wub:

• Like 8

Hey everyone!

I still am on ep 9/10, so I'm refraining from reading posts over here (mighty difficult I may say :phew:).

I just hope this drama won't go breaking my heart because I NEED a happy ending for So-Bong and Nam Shin (the sweet one XD)

p.s - after Young-Hoon's speech at Nam Shin's bedside, I think they are a couple and Nam Shin pretends to be straight by hooking up with all these girls and stuff :w00t: (It would be a hell of a plot twist, confess!)

• Like 6

Annyeong AYH chingu deul

Got news to share with everyone

Monday, July 2

Both MBC and KBS2 will be covering the Brazil vs. Mexico match. As a result, “Partners for Justice,” “Are You Human, Too,” and “Hello Counselor” will not be airing.

Tuesday, July 3

“Partners for Justice” and “Are You Human, Too” will make up for the previous day’s cancellations by airing two days’ worth of episodes. From 10 p.m. to 12 a.m. KST, “Partners for Justice” will air episodes 21 through 24, and “Are You Human, Too” will air episodes 13 through 16.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, topazeyedgirl said:

p.s - after Young-Hoon's speech at Nam Shin's bedside, I think they are a couple and Nam Shin pretends to be straight by hooking up with all these girls and stuff :w00t: (It would be a hell of a plot twist, confess!)

Yes, i also think that, too.:D But i think Young Hoon have an one-side love with human NS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

2018070301000096300006291_20180702090216

New still on lower right

Seems like the same clothes as in the teaser where he stops the car with his hand? Maybe I’m wrong..lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1