Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, rittoo said:

All in all this was a nice drama. 

My sentiments exactly chingu.

 

overall, I really enjoyed this kdrama and the ending was a happy one so I am content with that closure. However, I do have some questions that never seemed to be addressed. First and foremost, how is that minion not in jail either like Seo? I know they get less time cause they were ordered too vs being one doing ordering of murder,s but still a year should be minimum for that glasses guy to be in the slammer.

 

What happened to the grandpa? Aunt and nephew? Was Seo charged with murder of the dad?

 

it did feel a little rush. Even the scenes and dialogue seemed to be quick speech like you could tell they were in a time crunch. Kinda abrupt how YN and HNS went separate ways when she chose him over her dad. I can understand her going abroad and him traveling, I don’t expect them to be endgame if they remind each other of their wounds and such, but at least a scene of them talking would have been nice. Also when David says dr. Oh thanked him, did we even see that scene ourselves or just what he said? It just like a lot of scenes were skipped that could have been delved on when the show had brought up in first place. Like YN being first to know shin was awak, that’s why I was expecting there to be closure on that. Or how David ‘betrayed’ dr. Oh by working with grandpa, where there never seemed be any further discussion between them about that. And so forth.

 

also, since roboshin protected real shin in the crime scene, does that mean the public thinks he’s destroyed and dead? That’s pretty good cause if he remained famous it would probably just pose problems for Sb and everyone. This is random, but just one thing I noticed with NS amazing acting (forgive me don’t know actors name) is that maybe cause he was rushed too for switching roles, he didn’t realize he was blinking like he does as roboshin when he’s being human shin. I dunno if that’s jut how he blinks in general, or on purpose but sometimes I felt like during his scenes as human shin he would blink accidentally or without knowing like how his roboshin character does. Random I know but just a thought I couldn’t stop having throughout recent episodes. 

 

One does have to wonder that now YH is chairman (well deserved and happy about that outcome too like NS traveling world freely and such), what will roboshin do now that he has been revived? Will he work for the company? I was thinking maybe he becomes a firefighter like young shins dream, but the ending he says he lost mot of his superhuman abilities. 

 

So low key, I ship YH and shin. In my fantasy shipper world, I see these two together and Shin donating his sperm to SB to have a baby that her and roboshin coparent with YH and shin cause they couldn’t have children either. Now what a wonderful world that would be,

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kasmic LOL - I said I saw it as a fairy tale - pinoccio was an example. ;D

 

But you know what - I kinda like the idea - Mum gave him (after he ask for it) the ability to smile - and dad gave him the ability - again because NS3 wanted it - to cry.

 

To be able to be happy - to be sad - and to fall in love... he is close to be human - and thats enough. And for the question if he can age... okay I am out now . David - we need an age upgrade. :D

 

What still left me speechless and angry it that Park is not in the Jail too. I can´t deal with that. And yes - for me the change for NS to become a good human was rushed.

Like somehow the final at all...

 

So - I will try to concentrate on the good parts - I loved her last line...

she became more like a robot - her heart will not change anymore.

 

And they will live happy ever after - and David will create a little Boy or girl for them - or maybe a Dog... whatever needed to make the family complete.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit forced but, the moment he took his watch, the counting time stops. Dead state mode. 

 

I imagine something funny in the scene of David, Ji Young Hoon, and Shin watching NS3 and KSB. All of them were watching a Robot with his girlfriend. And they are single. Lol. 

 

There are too many unexplainable scene in the last episode, they should make another episode to explain it, even though I understand what happened. :v 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 11
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in the end NS3 sacrifice was what made NS wake up, witch is fitting that his robot copy did  give him the shock factor he needed to turn his destructive act around. Would have loved to see them acting as brothers, but well there was not enough time :( frankly a part of me thought  that we would see SB and NS after that year meeting again and become friends and maybe fall in love. I have a little problem really feeling NS3 and SB romance because he his a machine. nothing gonna change that, and also he is just to perfect... 

 

But in the end this drama have been a very nice tale about what is human. So it is not about robot, but about humanity light and dark side and all in between. I am happy they did not shay away from how bad human can act, but also how we need to fiend the light to be a good person.

 

I am gonna miss them. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, philosophie said:

My sentiments exactly chingu.

 

overall, I really enjoyed this kdrama and the ending was a happy one so I am content with that closure. However, I do have some questions that never seemed to be addressed. First and foremost, how is that minion not in jail either like Seo? I know they get less time cause they were ordered too vs being one doing ordering of murder,s but still a year should be minimum for that glasses guy to be in the slammer.

 

What happened to the grandpa? Aunt and nephew? Was Seo charged with murder of the dad?

 

it did feel a little rush. Even the scenes and dialogue seemed to be quick speech like you could tell they were in a time crunch. Kinda abrupt how YN and HNS went separate ways when she chose him over her dad. I can understand her going abroad and him traveling, I don’t expect them to be endgame if they remind each other of their wounds and such, but at least a scene of them talking would have been nice. Also when David says dr. Oh thanked him, did we even see that scene ourselves or just what he said? It just like a lot of scenes were skipped that could have been delved on when the show had brought up in first place. Like YN being first to know shin was awak, that’s why I was expecting there to be closure on that. Or how David ‘betrayed’ dr. Oh by working with grandpa, where there never seemed be any further discussion between them about that. And so forth.

 

also, since roboshin protected real shin in the crime scene, does that mean the public thinks he’s destroyed and dead? That’s pretty good cause if he remained famous it would probably just pose problems for Sb and everyone. This is random, but just one thing I noticed with NS amazing acting (forgive me don’t know actors name) is that maybe cause he was rushed too for switching roles, he didn’t realize he was blinking like he does as roboshin when he’s being human shin. I dunno if that’s jut how he blinks in general, or on purpose but sometimes I felt like during his scenes as human shin he would blink accidentally or without knowing like how his roboshin character does. Random I know but just a thought I couldn’t stop having throughout recent episodes. 

 

One does have to wonder that now YH is chairman (well deserved and happy about that outcome too like NS traveling world freely and such), what will roboshin do now that he has been revived? Will he work for the company? I was thinking maybe he becomes a firefighter like young shins dream, but the ending he says he lost mot of his superhuman abilities. 

 

So low key, I ship YH and shin. In my fantasy shipper world, I see these two together and Shin donating his sperm to SB to have a baby that her and roboshin coparent with YH and shin cause they couldn’t have children either. Now what a wonderful world that would be,

The ending was definitely rushed, they could have ended the drama in 20 episodes without dragging it. it was quite weird how So bong and Shin 3 threw away the kill switch at corner of the room (why did they even take it out from server room?). Second last episode felt quite boring to be honest. They focused more on Shin 3 and So bong's family, now I'm not against it but they could have fit those scenes somewhere in earlier episodes and focused more on closing all ends in these last two episodes. 

 

I'm so mad they didn't mention grandpa, like isn't he the root cause of this war? Feels like the writer totally forgot him! All he got was DEMENTIA! I mean come on!!

They got over it so quickly! For a person who betrayed you for 20 years and worked with the old man who kidnapped your son and kept him away from you for 20 years, she sure was quick in forgiving without any discussion or fight (other than the slap). Also mom never found out the truth about how his husband died.

 

Lol I noticed that too, he doesn't blink like that as far as I remember from all the variety shows I have watched (his name is Seo Kang Joon btw). I think he had some problem with his eyes, in the beginning of drama his eyes were very red and watery also in bts they showed last week he was putting some drops in his eyes. When I was a kid I got some sort of infection may be, I don't really remember I  had itchy eyes and blinked a lot and the doctor recommended drops to me (thanks doc).

 

Like I said before they will run a tincan gym lol.

 

I hope they release the director cut dvd, there are going to be a lot of scenes in that like the one here, hmm so apparently grandpa came back home and Shin continued living there?

Ew7iHc2.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crazyyo said:

I guess they gave the drama an open ending for the second season. Sadly the ratings weren't good so there won't be any season 2 :(

The open ending was intended for the continuation had the drama been a success. 

All the cast were amazing but the writing was greatly flawed. 

The writer didn't bring a balance between sci fi, fantasy, romcom and makjang so people were lost.

Some touches here and there would have made the drama a hit.

It was one of My most anticipated drama of the yr but I stopped when it stopped making sense to me.

Aside descendants of the sun, all kbs pre produced dramas were big flops.

And yet,they haven't learnt something.

I do hope the international collaboration they did helps.

Kudos to u all.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, philosophie said:

So low key, I ship YH and shin. In my fantasy shipper world, I see these two together and Shin donating his sperm to SB to have a baby that her and roboshin coparent with YH and shin cause they couldn’t have children either. Now what a wonderful world that would be,

I like the future you picture in your fantasy, LOL. Seems great to me and I would watch a second season of them just taking care of the kids. In the end, I started shipping Shin and YH a bit, they care so much for each other. :)

 

16 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Mum gave him (after he ask for it) the ability to smile - and dad gave him the ability - again because NS3 wanted it - to cry

That's a beautiful parallel. David was always delighted with his son being more and more human, it makes sense that he helped NS3 in that aspect.

 

Soooo, in the end it was not bad at all!! :D I'm happy that NS3 came back. Just seeing So Bong with Maibo in that beach broke my heart (for the millionth time tonight). Maybe because he was semi-destroyed by the gunshots and further drowning the kill switch couldn't destroy him since it didn't work with NS3 turned off. So all his memories were kept safe.

 

But I suffered so much during this episode. Just seeing that it was 10 min to the end and we still were in such awful situation. I wanted at least one episode after all the conflict so we could see them living happily, those 2 minutes in the end felt too short. :( I would have wanted to see NS3 and So Bong doing things together, and also Shin and YH.

 

In any case, despite some plotholes and some bad decisions from characters (I get that it's for the sake of keeping the drama), I still love this series.I guess I'm weak for robot stories and also the motherly love theme always gets me. And this one feels like a story I will not forget, which is a lot to say. They were brave enough to pose some deep and controversial questions that would make the audience think about what means to be human, it's not an average drama by any means. Also the production values were good, the cinematography of some scenes is simply stunning. The music is on point too, and what about the cast? Everytime Nam Shin and Young Hoon were sharing screen I could only marvel at the visuals, haha!! And the acting has been great, even the actress playing Ye Na somehow impressed me, because it's a side annoying character but in the end I could sympathise with her...and Kang Joon is just superb ❤️, he made us all love NS3 and be angry at Shin, and even then you couldn't hate Shin. I hope he gets some awards because otherwise I'll be flipping tables. I'm very sad that it was not a ratings success, but I understand that sci-fi and robots are maybe targeting a minority of the audiences...it's such a pity.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me this is Seo Kang Joon's best work to date.

It's funny that NS3 has been saying that he can't cry, and now he shows up without his usual powers but with a human ability. My question: are his tear ducts refillable?

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching the finale! I'll be back soon to share my thoughts, chingudeul! :heart: (And I'm editing another music video...) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me when I think about Are You Human too:

Image result for confused gif

 

I'm still behind. But I'm going to finish it.

 

Me reading your comments:

Image result for kim hiding gif

"Ooh." and "What did Ye Na do?"

 

I'm sorry I'll stop trying to be funny. I did see this

44 minutes ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Kang Joon is just superb ❤️, he made us all love NS3 and be angry at Shin, and even then you couldn't hate Shin. I hope he gets some awards because otherwise I'll be flipping tables. I'm very sad that it was not a ratings success, but I understand that sci-fi and robots are maybe targeting a minority of the audiences...it's such a pity.

So Kang Joon is the actor that plays Robot Shin/Shin? Well, I didn't know that! I have never watched a drama with him in it! Now I want to watch more of his works! I think he's a very interesting actor. Why? I think you said it best. You said he made us all love NS3 and angry Shin. And you said even then we couldn't hesitate to hate Shin. I have more to say on Real Shin's anger. I hope you are still around. I want to share my thoughts with you. And I like what you said. I hope Kang Joon gets some awards too. Why? I believed that Robot Shin and Real Shin were different people. I think there were times when they were in the same room. I knew who Robot Shin was and I knew who real Shin was. So the actor is very "superb." I'm going to borrow your word. Why is he superb? I think he's superb because he can play two roles at once. So Kang Joon is still young. And I think he has bright future. I think he will just get better and better at acting. I think he's already a great actor. And I might flip some tables too. Please notice him. Please notice his talent. 

I will come back. I don't know how this ended. But I am eager to find out. Can I say something? I think the entire cast is excellent! I think they all did a great job. I think they always had you guess. For example, I think a lot of people were surprised by Ye Na. I believe she's smarter than people thought. I am going to miss this drama. I am so attached it.  I think it's different, and I think it  affected my heart. And I think it made me think about things in my life. It made me think, "Do people do things for love?" or "Do they do things for greed?" 

And I believe a lot of us get angry. But this made me think, "Anger scares a lot of people away."

 

I really liked reading your post. And it made me really emotional. I think Kang Joon is very handsome. I think he could play a hero role. I think he could play any role he wants to. I don't think he is done yet. And I think he has plenty of emotions. Like, Real Shin didn't smile. I think he was bitter. But Robot Shin smiled. So I like how Kang Joon did that. I think he used that to show the difference between Real Shin and Robot Shin. 

 

I'm sorry I can't offer much. Like I said I am going to finish this drama. It touches my heart. And I think it's different.  And I hope we meet future drama threads. I hope we  meet somewhere :) 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cried when Human NS was crying :cry: yay Ye Na finally did something useful in the drama.

NS3 should've tied up Mr. Seo after firing that gun. It was a bit weird when So Bong untied those ropes easily, but I guess they needed to save screen time. I'm also wondering why that other man with glasses didn't end up in jail (thought the same thing for Healer, the secretary didn't get caught?) am I the only one who feels disappointed NS3's powers were gone :( oh well at least he's still alive in the end :blush: still sad that the mom died, wish she could've  been in a coma instead and woke up for the time skip, reunite with the 2 Shins.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know what happened last night in soompi. I was just like waiting and there is no update in any thread! Anyway I haven’t watch yet the final two days episodes so I’m saving it because today is my last working day before my leave! Yes! And I’m going to marathon it tomorrow and come back here later with my comment 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so last night there was an error in soompi? that's why i can't login to this thread...i thought everybody here so focus to watch the final episode so that's why i can't see any recap post here....hahahaha:lol::lol:

 

About the ending i'm so glad we got happy ending story..but honestly there were a lot of question that can't be answer in the final episode..i think if they add one more episode more, maybe we can get know about "how they found and fix NS3", How HSN Life after the kidnapping and others. But i understand we can't get all we want..it's just a drama..and as long as we enjoyed it and make us happy..that's ok..the important thing we know about the message of this drama. Really hope HNS can meet her soulmate and also live happily like woori tincan couple...:wub::wub:

 

Now NS3, HNS & KSB can get along together..and i'm sure HNS will happy to get new brother NS3. Bravoo....:blush:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, darr said:

The open ending was intended for the continuation had the drama been a success. 

All the cast were amazing but the writing was greatly flawed. 

The writer didn't bring a balance between sci fi, fantasy, romcom and makjang so people were lost.

Some touches here and there would have made the drama a hit.

It was one of My most anticipated drama of the yr but I stopped when it stopped making sense to me.

Aside descendants of the sun, all kbs pre produced dramas were big flops.

And yet,they haven't learnt something.

I do hope the international collaboration they did helps.

Kudos to u all.

 

I disagree.. I think it was as “successful” as it could have been considering that it was pre-empted from airing due to the World Cup for weeks... its highest ratings reached 9% before the World Cup! Because it was pre-empted, people stopped watching it and found something else to watch - that was TvN’s fault and I believe that “Are You Human Too” could have been much more successful had it aired consistently. With that being said, this was definitely Seo Kang Joon’s best drama and acting to date! ❤️

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* catching my breath and drying my tears... * 

How are you all doing? :tears:

 

As I watched the last two episodes, I kept wondering why the writer tortured me so much. I can't remember the last time I cried this much while watching a k-drama. I still don't understand why no one tried to revive the mom and how, since it was NS3's rule to help/save humans, CPR and resuscitation wasn't part of his protocol. At least show us that he scanned her body and saw she had too many broken bones to survive or something. David didn't even try either. Found it so odd.

 

Up until then Ji, David, even NS3 always thought of the worse case scenario and ended up always a step ahead because of that; but in these last two episodes, with Seo loose after NS3 came out as an AI, and knowing Seo was a murderer, and all his crime ties, how could they not think to have a private detective trail him or something? What made they think he'd go down without retaliating? 

 

I'll come to be happy for SB & NS3 one day, happy for NS coming to his senses after losing his mom, but for now all I want to do is to vent about the way Oh Ro Ra was treated in this drama. She was never really given credit for the force that she was. She is the unsung (s)hero of this story. That woman, with all the tragedies that she went through, was a genius who created the WORLD'S FIRST near perfect AI that, that without a doubt passed the Turing test, and as he evolved, over-rid humans trying to control him for evil purposes, and stuck to the principle of saving lives instead of taking it. She was always the smartest in the room (David said he couldn't keep up with her). At some point she revolutionized society (see when NS3 told his identity to the world, and what societal change that meant). Yet, all the wonders of her inventions were overshadowed by a group of three egomaniac, self-centered men with hormonal and mental issues acting like divas and discarding someone else's life as something to toy with. I'm trying not to draw a parallel with real life here, but if I were to, I'd notice how the writer chose to write all the women in this show, including YN. I find it interesting, the roles they had, the purpose they served, how they were all treated (handled). I didn't expect to watch the ending of this drama thinking about women's rights, and feminism to some extent, but ORR's death was too big a pill to swallow. Sadly, it took her death for me to notice all these other layers of the story, layers that had been there since the first episode.

 

Overall, sincere kuddos to the creative team behind AYHT. I find the writing stellar, despite the multiple plot holes at the end (the grandpa's fate, Seo's sentence, etc.). Even after it's ended I have much, much to think about. I joked a lot about therapy in this thread, but in all seriousness I think that part of the message of this drama is that at some point, there are some technological advances (that can happen quickly without us realizing it), that require us to be mentally prepared. If not, it risks to give ways to some irrational behaviors, either filled by greed, or by emotional distress...

 

Also, I so enjoyed chatting with everyone here! What shall we watch next?! :lol:

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erm--the villains in this drama are not the sharpest pencil in the box are they LoL?! 

I mean when ShinBot showed up before them they surmised it to be the human, furthermore they wondered aloud "How did he get dressed so quickly?" Huh WTF:lol:

Like y'all took this guy hostage & beat him up to a pulp, shouldn't his bruise free face be a clear hint that he's NOT the human Shin?! Yea not the smartest:rolleyes:

It's a pity that Dr. Oh had to self sacrifice toward the end... A bit unnecessary but typical trope in K-dramas when it comes to a climax. 

Human Shin remains a jerk to the end even if he stopped throwing tantrums & whatnot. And the robot & human live happily ever after. The End. Or is it LoL? While it sounds nice on paper, us humans have needs. I wonder how fulfilling can it be to have a long term relationship with a robot? Although it sort of works 'cause Koreans are conservative? :w00t:

Anyway it has been fun. See y'all in the next drama thread. Take care. XO.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, about us not being able to log into Soompi yesterday, I think we broke the internet! :lol:

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sal2 said:

So in the end NS3 sacrifice was what made NS wake up, witch is fitting that his robot copy did  give him the shock factor he needed to turn his destructive act around. Would have loved to see them acting as brothers, but well there was not enough time :( frankly a part of me thought  that we would see SB and NS after that year meeting again and become friends and maybe fall in love. I have a little problem really feeling NS3 and SB romance because he his a machine. nothing gonna change that, and also he is just to perfect... 

 

But in the end this drama have been a very nice tale about what is human. So it is not about robot, but about humanity light and dark side and all in between. I am happy they did not shay away from how bad human can act, but also how we need to fiend the light to be a good person.

 

I am gonna miss them. 

Yah, I didn't like the romance part between NS3 and SB.  Say what you want, he's still just a robot.  Would you want a perfect robot or a real man, flaws and all?!  

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited read all of thoughts here. :)

And i can't wait to share my opinion to you all guys :)

 

I will share after i watch. See yaa

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×