Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Pretty Man 国民老公

Recommended Posts

photo pretty 16.jpg

Cr avirtualvoyage

Details:

Chinese title: 国民老公 / Guo Min Lao Gong
English title: Pretty Man

Genre: Modern, Romance

Episodes: 28

Director: Cheng Zhi Chao (Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季)

Broadcast Period: 1/15/2018

Cast:

Dylan Xiong Zi Qi

Li Xi Rui

Zhao Yao Ke

Zhang Li Wen

Yu Yi Jie

Liang Bo Wen

Lucien Liu Yu Zhong

Synopsis:

It tells the love story of Lu Jin Nian and Qiao An Hao spanning 13 years. They first got to know each other in school, but later parted ways again due to some misunderstandings. Now, Jin Nian is the unapproachable king of the entertainment business while An Hao is a rookie in the same business. Fate lets Jin Nian and An Hao meet again and An Hao ends up becoming his fake wife.

Cr mydramalist

Click here to watch it on Viki!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

 

Preview:

 

 

OSTs:

 

Additional Links:

Pretty Man 国民老公 Viki Episodes

Pretty Man 国民老公 Raw Episodes

Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季 Official Drama Thread

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

@angelangie, the girl finally got the main lead role... reminds me of Pretty Li Hui drama..

 

 

hahaha.....oh well....im still in the phase of seeing the guy in 'My Mr Mermaid' so i'm not sure about how to see him romancing another girl :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

 

hahaha.....oh well....im still in the phase of seeing the guy in 'My Mr Mermaid' so i'm not sure about how to see him romancing another girl :D 

I can't get past ep 3... I shall try that drama another time. :) 

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This show surprises me. I am surprised at how much I like it considering that it's thick with melodrama and a horrible very easy to hate step-mother figure.

Aside from the female lead, I wasn't familiar with anyone else. Admittedly I didn't think much of the male lead initially but after seeing him move into his adult, celebrity phase, I was a lot more impressed with what he brought to the table.

 

I've seen a few different C melos in the past 12 months and I think this is probably the best one. The writing is definitely the key thing here and it has a high level of coherence which helps. I've seen other dramas like Stay with Me and Royal Sister Returns with much bigger, well-known actors but they fell flat, the push-pull not as well executed. This one has similar tropes and cliches but it seems to work better.

 

Anyway, with 6 episodes left I'm hoping the horrible step-mother gets her comeuppance big time which is long overdue. Seem like JN's got a few things up his sleeve. The number of people she's exploited including her own son to prop up her company is just appalling. Words fail me. The way she's used her wealth and status to try and ruin JN and QQ's relationship since their schooldays is Cinderella worthy ... I can't say anything good about her... a sorry excuse for a human being. Her uselessly hen pecked husband is not much better with not a lot of backbone.

 

All in all a really fun show with a lot nice angst.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Is there sub for this drama?

 

there should be some fan subs available if im not wrong :) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 4:41 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

This show surprises me. I am surprised at how much I like it considering that it's thick with melodrama and a horrible very easy to hate step-mother figure.

Aside from the female lead, I wasn't familiar with anyone else. Admittedly I didn't think much of the male lead initially but after seeing him move into his adult, celebrity phase, I was a lot more impressed with what he brought to the table.

 

I've seen a few different C melos in the past 12 months and I think this is probably the best one. The writing is definitely the key thing here and it has a high level of coherence which helps. I've seen other dramas like Stay with Me and Royal Sister Returns with much bigger, well-known actors but they fell flat, the push-pull not as well executed. This one has similar tropes and cliches but it seems to work better.

 

Anyway, with 6 episodes left I'm hoping the horrible step-mother gets her comeuppance big time which is long overdue. Seem like JN's got a few things up his sleeve. The number of people she's exploited including her own son to prop up her company is just appalling. Words fail me. The way she's used her wealth and status to try and ruin JN and QQ's relationship since their schooldays is Cinderella worthy ... I can't say anything good about her... a sorry excuse for a human being. Her uselessly hen pecked husband is not much better with not a lot of backbone.

 

All in all a really fun show with a lot nice angst.

I agree. It  has been a while since I have seen a melodrama like this one play out pretty well throughout. I like how 28 episodes wasn't too long and not too short to tell it all. The main lead isn't too bad and same with the actress. There was some push and pull with these type of dramas but I like the sequence of events and how 13+ years made it all worthwhile. 

 

I second that with the husband who was no good throughout.. I find him the weakest character written out of all of them. 

 

The story was a bit bittersweet for me though and it was fun. I finished all 28 episodes today! Marathoned 16 episodes this past weekend. :) 

So I am anticipating part 2... why did they throw that ending at us.. -______- Though it makes sense as there are still lots of loose ends.

 

But what kind of ending was this?? I hear there will be two remaining episodes??? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 5:38 PM, angelangie said:

 

there should be some fan subs available if im not wrong :) 

Viet subs all the way up to ep 28. :) Done with season 1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Viet subs all the way up to ep 28. :) Done with season 1

 

i know i saw English subs but they are slower lols

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

i know i saw English subs but they are slower lols

Eng subs at ep 3.. -_____- 

Did you finish drama?? what do you say about that ending??!

 

The vietnamese thread is making rumors that drama might have two more parts to it for a total of 90 episodes.. WOW.  And I am speading that rumor. lol

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Eng subs at ep 3.. -_____- 

Did you finish drama?? what do you say about that ending??!

 

The vietnamese thread is making rumors that drama might have two more parts to it for a total of 90 episodes.. WOW.  And I am speading that rumor. lol

 

 

er nope i didnt pick up the drama at all as yet lols....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 4:56 PM, thunderman1 said:

 

But what kind of ending was this?? I hear there will be two remaining episodes??? 

It was a doozy of an ending. Surely that can't be it!

 

I certainly hope there is a second series because there are so many threads left up in the air, not least the OTP's relationship. I assumed that there was going to be another 2 because I saw it listed somewhere that there was going to be 30 episodes but the darn thing ended at 28! And on a cliffhanger too!

 

There's also Jia Mu and Xiang Shi's romance... Stepmother Han whose sins are piling up got off pretty lightly when her family bundled her off to Europe. 

 

What is this new trend in C dramas with cliffhanger endings and projected second series with no warning? :angry:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What is this new trend in C dramas with cliffhanger endings and projected second series with no warning? :angry:

 

one of the main reason some times i waited till the whole series finish airing......lols they tends to leave a very bad cliff hanger there with no definite answer whether they will solve it with another season or none at all

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 11:15 PM, angelangie said:

 

 

er nope i didnt pick up the drama at all as yet lols....

You may try.. it has some humor to it though I would wait until confirmation of season but I am still kicking at the wall because of that ending. -_______- 

@40somethingahjumma

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thunderman1

Yeah, I was quite teed off thinking that I was pretty safe having come in right at the end. :( But no... it's a ridiculous place to end with no guarantee of a second series.

I think the chances of a second series are good because it seemed to be very popular but it's still very annoying.

 

Therefore I'm not watching anymore C dramas until they're complete. I'm glad NiF 2 had a proper ending as I expected it would but I'm not taking anymore chances with the new ones especially if they're over 20 episodes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get a season 2 to give us closure at least. What kind of awful ending is that if there's no sequel?!!! There are times when I dislike watching C-dramas because many times they have very lousy endings, especially the dramas that have over 40+ episodes!!!! I'm still mad that Princess Agent ended the way it did!!! Thank goodness Ten Miles of Peach Blossom ended with a nice ending for the OTP!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@thunderman1

Yeah, I was quite teed off thinking that I was pretty safe having come in right at the end. :( But no... it's a ridiculous place to end with no guarantee of a second series.

I think the chances of a second series are good because it seemed to be very popular but it's still very annoying.

 

Therefore I'm not watching anymore C dramas until they're complete. I'm glad NiF 2 had a proper ending as I expected it would but I'm not taking anymore chances with the new ones especially if they're over 20 episodes.

Well at least it was only 28 episodes.. Sigh.  At least the episodes were complete hour long episodes. -______- 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...