Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

Recommended Posts

Comparing LOF with TMOPB. Here’s my opinion: 

1. Storytelling wise - TMOPB wins

2. Hot kisses - TMOPB wins 

3. Main OTP character progression - LOF wins

4. Sweet scenes - LOF wins

5. 2nd OTP progression - TMOPB wins. 

 

What do do you guys think? 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jigah said:

Comparing LOF with TMOPB. Here’s my opinion: 

1. Storytelling wise - TMOPB wins

2. Hot kisses - TMOPB wins 

3. Main OTP character progression - LOF wins

4. Sweet scenes - LOF wins

5. 2nd OTP progression - TMOPB wins. 

 

What do do you guys think? 

 

 

Agreed. Except in TMOPB... I was in team Shifu. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_pd5r8mFgsv1vj9tigo1_540.gif

 

”Of the thirty three sky palaces, the palace of heartbreak is the highest; of the four hundred and forty four illnesses, lovesickness is the bitterest.”
“I am not heartbroken.”

“Oh? Then for whom did you engrave your mark for?”

“For the person I cannot lose in this life.”

“Then is that not heartbreak?”

“No. A person’s life is bitter and short, but heartbreak is slow and lasting. The mortal realm is where life or death are but a blink of an eye, who knows if what awaits me is a chance meeting or a missed encounter? How can I stand here and wait for time to be worn away, day after day?”

“Then what will you do?”

“She is in the mortal realm. I will go to the mortal realm.”

“The world of mortals is turbulent.”

“If the mortal realm is turbulent, I resist; if the underworld opens, I enter; if the four seas rage, I cross; if people oppose, I overturn.”

“Why go so far?”

“For her sake, I will not fear ten zhang of red dust, to reverse the bitter erosion of loneliness.”

Cre: belladonna2018

 

If you read the novel, this is a typical and worthwhile excerpt/dialogue in there.
I'm glad they didn't cut & put it on the end of the drama.
Although life has many edifficulties, experienced so much suffering, Wuji will always come to find Fuyao.

Their love, eternal love.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jigah said:

Comparing LOF with TMOPB. Here’s my opinion: 

1. Storytelling wise - TMOPB wins

2. Hot kisses - TMOPB wins 

3. Main OTP character progression - LOF wins

4. Sweet scenes - LOF wins

5. 2nd OTP progression - TMOPB wins. 

 

What do do you guys think? 

 

 

i haven't watched TMOPB , but i want add your category ... LOL

6. main character acting performance - LOF wins

7. best couple - Wufu wins/LOF wins

8. Fashion - LOF wins


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been silent past couple of days because I was dreading the ending. And the same happened.... This would be probably my last comment in this thread. Its my personal opinion just in case..


 

Spoiler

 

After so many episodes of beautiful, good, bad, boring and angst scenes, we only get this couple of minutes of happy ending? That's it? Just like that? Both, Wuji and FuYao were terribly injured. What, how? So many unanswered questions. I will definitely not re-watch this drama since ending is unsatisfying. But, maybe some cute Wufu moments. Nothing else. <_<

 

This was my first C-drama I watched during the air time. After experiencing such injustice,  I vow to never watch any Chinese Wuxia style drama during the air time.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

@dramaaddiction but but... I like the headdress! We love the head dress! They are the emperor and empress of five kingdoms!!!  How can their hair stylist quit just like that?! 

 

I am trying to be positive... This drama has potential to surpass TMOPB... but the Tiansha arc screws it and the many plot holes towards the end.. I could only guess.. They were rushing to wrap up.. But I am sure they have a lot of deleted scenes... Give them to us!!! Lol. However, not that I wanna compare... LOF's OTP  wins, hands down. TMOPB 's OTP is alright but I find Ethan as Wuji more handsome.. Or maybe it's just my style.. 

 

 

 

I think Ethan is the ultimate hottie as a wuxia hero for this generation. His wuji is so dashing and confident and sensitive and smart. Ethan just was so mesmerizing... Mark Chao I find more handsome in modern attire despite how sweet and cute he is as mo yuan. 

 

i don’t know why they had to rush the ending....so insane. A great ending would have better word of mouth for this series. I agree there are probably many cut scenes that are more worthy than the Tiansha arc...especially ending scenes that would help with the flow.  Who do I blame for this? The editors?

 

Maybe wufu did did away with the headgear (in the ending clip)as I can imagine it’s quite a hindrance for them when they want to get frisky. Now that the five kingdoms are at peace, there must be more time for them to make out and who knows what. 

 

In Tmopb, ye hua can use his magic to remove bai qian’s clothes and any hairpiece that intervenes with their bed routine, but wuji is a mortal without such skills. I think wufu is trying to make life more convenient for playtime. Can you imagine getting poked in the face by those hairpieces when trying to make out?  Hehe

 

im glad chapter 62 was so fuyao heavy. Poor girl....she finally is convinced that she cannot escape destiny.  But I love uncle Zhou for telling her otherwise and giving her a counter solution to her destiny, but w3 all know she would never kill wuji. And uncle Zhou....I’ve missed him so much. His reunion with fuyao was too short lived and he really treated her like the daughter he never had. His second death made me cry...Poor fuyao. He promised her that he would never leave again and then he disappears forever five minutes later. Tears....I want him to live with wufu and help raise their kids with his cooking stick.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I think the subs had him saying that he fought ten years to break the curse to stay alive but it took a toll on him. He also vindictively said he wants Wuji to take the throne and live unhappily when he realize it has a curse. I’m just going to ignore this nonsense and believe that Wuji will be fine.

I have to rewatch that scene but I thought he said he found a way to permanently break the curse for future rulers. He wants wuji to suffer from the same isolation he experienced...he wants wuji to be as miserable as he was.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone agrees that the end is not satisfactory. More details could be shown.

 

As we know, the same author's "The Rise Of Phoenixes" novel will be adapted to TV.

I have not read Novel, but I have read that Fuyao is the continuation and that the phoenixes came from Fuyao's blood. In the Chinese translation of Legend of Fuyao, she's gonna have three kids. (2 girls and 1 boy)

 

Within a week, "The Rise Of Phoenixes" will be aired.

If there is no mistake in the above, this may be the reason for the missing scene.

In the new drama, has the potential to see flashbacks in this regard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sharing a  final post of cute modern day prince Aragon lol! #dont hate me pls 

 

:heart: thank you and goodbye!

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jigah said:

Comparing LOF with TMOPB. Here’s my opinion: 

1. Storytelling wise - TMOPB wins

2. Hot kisses - TMOPB wins 

3. Main OTP character progression - LOF wins

4. Sweet scenes - LOF wins

5. 2nd OTP progression - TMOPB wins. 

 

What do do you guys think? 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Agreed. Except in TMOPB... I was in team Shifu. Lol. 

  

Agree. Mine MY and BQ as 2nd OTP :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

I have to rewatch that scene but I thought he said he found a way to permanently break the curse for future rulers. He wants wuji to suffer from the same isolation he experienced...he wants wuji to be as miserable as he was.

Thanks for saving me the agony from rewatching that scene. I was intending to ff any scenes that I dislike when I rewatch it. Lol

 

@niteshkmr11 awww... *hugs*

As much as I dislike the ending..

Trust me. This ending is so much better than most of the drama I had watched because at least they are alive and together. 

It will takes time to accept but while watching the ending, we need to leave logic and reason behind in order to accept it. Lol

 

You can't deny.. watching while it is airing is fun and silly because we all went crazy. Lol

 

Glad to know you through this drama!

Let's hope we will meet again sometime in some other drama and go crazy together again.  

 

@ouilala naughty girl. The last I want is to see "aragon". He robbed me of so much episodes in Fuyao and made me upset .

#butnothisfault

Lol

 

@jigah hahaha... no comparison for me. They are both equally good in their own ways.

 

Legend of Fuyao will always have a special place in my heart beside Ten Miles.. 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrsj3n, I share the same opinion. I like TMOPB and LOY the same though I think the OTP in the latter have a much better love story. I quite frankly skip a lot of TMOPB. I dislike the SuSu arc very much after they find her. Yet, I’m quite forgiving of the series. To me the best Chinese drama I’ve watched is still Nirvana in Fire. 

 

@dramaaddiction, yes that reunion was so short for Fu Yao and her beloved uncle. I love the way she smiled when he told her the identity of the person who can take her life. I do wonder if she was thinking, “if it’s him, I will have no regrets”. Well, we all know Wuji wouldn’t lift a finger to hurt her. I can’t forget the way his heart was breaking after he found Fu Yao all bloody and faint after her awesome fight with that stupid prince. What a turning point in their relationship when we see how distraught he was over her.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh..i prefer LoF than Tmopb as i forward quite a bit in Tmopb too. Perhaps i get to see Ethan here :tounge_xd:. My best cdrama remains as NiF and BBJX. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone clarify as I am waiting for subs.... At the end, Wuji lost all his powers? He did ask his master to punish him by saying he would return whatever he learnt from him right? So, after the whole fiasco...he lost his powers and fighting skills? It would so sad.... Did it happen in the novel? 

 

@dramaaddiction yes.. At first I didn't got use to his real Wuji look as opposed to XuanYuan Min look... But it didn't took me long to fall in love with the half hair up-do and that flowly robe... He really is the ultimate wuxia hot guy. Fits him too much 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Ahh..i prefer LoF than Tmopb as i forward quite a bit in Tmopb too. Perhaps i get to see Ethan here :tounge_xd:. My best cdrama remains as NiF and BBJX. 

Spoiler

I'm agree.. even though the ending make me have many question but i'm very enjoy and like the story from beginning until the end ( just feel disappointed about the director not tell us whats happen with wufu after they lying down at qiongchang and suddenly appears with their happy ending) but im very happy can see wufu at bridge and can live and can love each other again until forever and love finally 5 kingdoms can get a peace again...

 

i like the story because that's not only about kingdom , but have a wuxia , very sweet love story,supra natural and others...and of course ethan and yangmi performance are very great at this series.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, niteshkmr11 said:

I've been silent past couple of days because I was dreading the ending. And the same happened.... This would be probably my last comment in this thread. Its my personal opinion just in case..


 

  Hide contents

 

After so many episodes of beautiful, good, bad, boring and angst scenes, we only get this couple of minutes of happy ending? That's it? Just like that? Both, Wuji and FuYao were terribly injured. What, how? So many unanswered questions. I will definitely not re-watch this drama since ending is unsatisfying. But, maybe some cute Wufu moments. Nothing else. <_<

 

This was my first C-drama I watched during the air time. After experiencing such injustice,  I vow to never watch any Chinese Wuxia style drama during the air time.

 

 

 

Wise choice! Especially stay clear from overhyped drama until it ends :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

tumblr_pd5r8mFgsv1vj9tigo1_540.gif

 

”Of the thirty three sky palaces, the palace of heartbreak is the highest; of the four hundred and forty four illnesses, lovesickness is the bitterest.”
“I am not heartbroken.”

“Oh? Then for whom did you engrave your mark for?”

“For the person I cannot lose in this life.”

“Then is that not heartbreak?”

“No. A person’s life is bitter and short, but heartbreak is slow and lasting. The mortal realm is where life or death are but a blink of an eye, who knows if what awaits me is a chance meeting or a missed encounter? How can I stand here and wait for time to be worn away, day after day?”

“Then what will you do?”

“She is in the mortal realm. I will go to the mortal realm.”

“The world of mortals is turbulent.”

“If the mortal realm is turbulent, I resist; if the underworld opens, I enter; if the four seas rage, I cross; if people oppose, I overturn.”

“Why go so far?”

“For her sake, I will not fear ten zhang of red dust, to reverse the bitter erosion of loneliness.”

Cre: belladonna2018

 

If you read the novel, this is a typical and worthwhile excerpt/dialogue in there.
I'm glad they didn't cut & put it on the end of the drama.
Although life has many edifficulties, experienced so much suffering, Wuji will always come to find Fuyao.

Their love, eternal love.

 

Thanks for this! I will look forward to reading the novel to cope with WuFu withdrawal. Just got an email that volume 2 out of 10 is on the way to me via snail mail, but I won’t read until volume 10 is released (I read fast and waiting for the next book in a series is worse than waiting for next drama episodes lol).

 

Today was busy and I am too tired so only watched 61 with subs. Ahhhh foolish elders! Also is Tai Yan the daughter of Prince De and his wife that was taken by Fei Yan!!!!???? I realize this while watching ep. 61 or did I misunderstood? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished watched ep.66 ending

Spoiler

I'm already feel satisfied with that ending, because at least wufu not died ( this is main point ) because they already experience so much suffering and life pressure so i can say i feel satisfied with the ending although maybe we all want know whats matter with their friend or seven, i feel satisfied too because their struggle finally can give a peaceful of 5 kingdoms , worth it....

so i will rewatch again fuyao and keep buying the dvd ... don't because a little shortage at the end make we can't see how good the story from beginning....so always love wufu...:wub:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, revocs said:

Everyone agrees that the end is not satisfactory. More details could be shown.

 

As we know, the same author's "The Rise Of Phoenixes" novel will be adapted to TV.

I have not read Novel, but I have read that Fuyao is the continuation and that the phoenixes came from Fuyao's blood. In the Chinese translation of Legend of Fuyao, she's gonna have three kids. (2 girls and 1 boy)

 

Within a week, "The Rise Of Phoenixes" will be aired.

If there is no mistake in the above, this may be the reason for the missing scene.

In the new drama, has the potential to see flashbacks in this regard.

 

Interesting, i don't know this, thank you for the info.

 

Anyone knew if the rise of phoenix telling story about WJ and FY's descendants? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×