Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

i think the director and script and the entire production crew brought out the best in yang mi and ethan. granted, i've only seen ethan in fated to love you, so i don't have much basis to say this. but i honestly think he and yang mi also help bring out the best in each other. they can cry simultaneously and  feed off of each other in terms of vibe and chemistry. compared to ftyl and tmopb, i think they are both much more charismatic here and really excelled in acting too. and visually, i think they match very well with each other.

this series has done a great job in developing their romance. the screenwriters kept misunderstanding and third parties to a minimal and spent more time showing us how the otp matured together and their process of accepting each other despite destiny/fate. more importantly, the screenwriters wrote a beautiful story about how understanding, trust, faith, loyalty, transparency, mutual appreciation, and confrontation can propel a love story to a new epic level of romance.

i would like an epilogue or an extra episode where we can just see wufu with their children.

and i would like another series with ethan and yang mi as otp.

• Like 10

Wow i finished 3 episodes in one go. Episode 64 was sad but touching. Sob sob. :dissapointed_relieved:

So i decided to stay up to finish off the final episodes. Glad i did it as the ending is so intense and touching too. :bawling:

Spoiler

The 5th seal is revealed with the death of Fei yan.

Basically the theory to end the disaster is to end from where it started from."  So it started from Fy so it will only be her to end it. Fy managed to do it with their strong believes and loves. Yes they survives with all the stabbing :rolleyes: so its a HE not a dream :D

The appearance of the 4 stooges is very comical to me except for the death of xiao7. So glad their stories wasnt drag into the final episode. 

I need to sleep and will look out for more comments tomorrow. Sweet dream everyone  :wub:

• Like 9

@dramaaddiction

Totally my opinion. You resumed very well my thoughts about the drama and actors. I know Yang Mi from Ten miles of Peach Blossoms in which i liked her acting, the lead male (Mark Chao) who also had a great performance. I didn't know about Ethan Ruan before but i really love his acting, he did all his best in this drama and with Yang Mi they made it so wonderful!!! 

I hope too they will have another drama together and historical one as it fits them so well ^^

Will miss a lot our Wufu. Fortunately, we still can rewatch and rewatch without boredom. Many thanks again for all members who shared their thoughts, views, spoilers, and info, translation... about this excellent drama. <3 

• Like 8

Is there anyone who can identify the music on this scene? (Warning: it includes spoilers from the final episode.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, revocs said:

Is there anyone who can identify the music on this scene? (Warning: it includes spoilers from the final episode.)

You can find all music on this link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MUMoftlQ4HSWKPGo5eJvvEWr1FVWTdGg

The one you are searching is known as "Fuyao feelings", check in background music :)

By the way no one noticed that this song is played so many times, ep 30 when they were leaving Tai yuan, ep 35 when Wufu were heading towards Yao City and also when FY's father was leaving.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Translation for handhold part...damn I'm crying!

Reveal hidden contents

The acting is so good here im so impressed with these two.

Ethan and Yang Mi  were amazing but this drama fell off for me. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Wotad said:

agree!  there are many loopholes and silly subplots, questions raised such as when and how.  I think if you enjoy a good love story, this drama is a must watch, because Ethan & YM carry it perfectly.  anything else may require a bit of tolerence.  it's still better than most fantasy C-dramas out there 

Photo%20Aug%2008,%201%2058%2037%20PM.gif

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dramaaddiction said:

i haven't even watched episodes 61 and beyond yet, but reading the spoilers is already giving me withdrawal syndrome. i'm going to miss their incredible journey and will rewatch this series for sure. my most beautiful and mature and well developed OTP ever. the writers really should have given them more screen time to fill up the plot holes like how wuji knee fuyao was his childhood sweetheart and

Reveal hidden contents

wuji's reaction when he learns that his fake dad poisoned fuyao and his own mom abandoned fuyao after fuyao volunteered to take the poison. i want to see him angry at his family and more protective of fuyao and appreciative of her too...if that's possible

I didn’t know about this but I can’t say I’m shocked. I don’t know what kind of love the empress has for Wuji but she sure puts her love life first. This is quite strange to me because most times the older generation put the younger generation first but not his mom. She has no excuse because she already tacitly acknowledged how important Fu Yao is to Wuji by trying to convince her to persuade Wuji not to kill Prince De yet she abandons Fu Yao to die? Anyway, if I already felt bad for Wuji in episodes 59 & 60, I can only imagine the angst to come. Absolutely none of his family, except Fu Yao, genuinely thinks of his best interest.
  • Like 4

it upsets me that episodes were wasted for an overdone and drawn out arc just to promote an actor who needs more acting classes...all that wasted time, energy, effort, and screenwriting power could have been better spent to tie up the story to make this series more enjoyable for all.

the first half of the series was definitely stronger for me. regardless, at the end of the day, i appreciate this series for wufu (thank you everyone...fuyao production team and yang mi and ethan).

regarding episode 60...it's really nice to see how protective fuyao can be for wuji. we see so many scenes of him protecting her, but when the opportunity presents itself, fuyao will do what she can to defend him (in her conversation with his mom). 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I don't know if it fell off or just slowed down which is prolly why I just went to the final episode even though I have 6 left. I needed closure..LOL. Acknowledging that most of these Xian Xie series are  based on a novel, I'm not so harsh especially when the major adaptation worked.  I've watched Ethan in other drama's and some reality shows in China...this by far was his shining moment like so many other actors Mark Zhao in TMPB, William Chan in LLIT,  Lou Jin in TPW, all these actors careers leveled up  after their  series. 

What in the world have I just watched??????

tumblr_oocvanoKYK1w4o831o1_540.gif

My thoughts:

Spoiler

After so much time wasting on Tiansha arc and Wuji's child parents..

We are finally at the end of road for Legend of Fuyao.

This is the first time since Xuanji arc that I am paying attention to Fuyao and yep.... feeling every single moment of it.

At the start of episode 65, when Wuji and Fuyao said their goodbyes...

6W51.gif

When Wuji accepted the punishment, refusing to give the whereabouts of Fuyao..

original.gif

I can't stop crying!

The blood. The chains. The nails. The tortures.

His pains.

His words to his master.

Oh, poor Wuji....

7ad002d6c6e2c078e9ce6161bdb21896.gif

And Fuyao...

What she has to go through..

Every slash,  every memory.

Oh poor Fuyao...

tumblr_oaqhf0fvrR1ujha6uo1_500.gif

And Tai Yan and Xiao Qi:

Their death.... 

black-and-white-boy-crying-depressed-Fav

But I really really want to get this off my chest with regards to the ending.

Spoiler

RUIw.gif

Yes.. yes..

Happy ending yah?

But 

tenor.gif?itemid=10739159

Wuji was wounded badly prior being stabbed and slashed many times by Fuyao and Fuyao stabbed herself too..

So how in the hell did they survive those???

giphy.gif

Who saved them???

8Mfc.gif

Where are they at the ending???

wtthll.gif

Can they talk like normal being instead of talking in idioms?

And most importantly, what happened next? Are they married already? As Emperor and queen?

Did they unite the kingdoms?

shadowhunters-simon-what-the-hell.gif

And then... THE END

tenor.gif?itemid=5100044

Seriously????????

I mean....SERIOUSLY????

There's no explanation.. no logic and just BAM.. shoving that last scene to "pacify" fans???

tenor.gif?itemid=4425204

There is no closure as we are left with many questions and there's no more episodes to explain!!!!

I'm not happy. NOT happy at all! :rage:

So excuse me as I am turning green. 

Spoiler

fb0eb0a6-035a-42c2-a1f6-d67e57a91d49.gif

Or maybe I should just settle this anger the Fuyao's way:

Spoiler

Gif+Fuyao+Trailer+1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Spoiler

So... I read the spoilers. But even with the spoilers don't understand how that could possibly be a good, logical, conclusive ending.

Will ep 65 and 66 be subbed this week? Or next week?

Spoiler

Based on the spoilers And knowing how peeved off I will be when I watch it,

can I have at least 3 good  episodes recommendations? I don't watch much Cdramas. I did watch TMOPB when I started Fuyao as a breather when things got too intense here.

So can anyone recommend 3 Cdramas

Spoiler

with a GOOD last episode ending

for me? Thank you.

Spoiler

I really, really dislike endings where you're left wondering what happened. Or how it happens

. My Mandarin has improved during the course of this series. So I should be able to watch the raw since I can't work. But all this angst is not my cup of tea. Can I have a good looking male lead and a pretty kick richard simmons female lead drama ending episodes to watch? Before I watch Fuyao?

I need to detach myself before I watch Fuyao. Unlike some of you immersing yourselves in it.

Thanks for the company. Despite everything it has been very nice to catch Ethan again. And I did like the other cast like the Gao actor so didn't mind their stories. But need to find another drama when the doctor acted and had a good role. He was good and decisive in Ten Miles. But seemed so much less attractive here.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

But I really really want to get this off my chest with regards to the ending.

Reveal hidden contents

RUIw.gif

Yes.. yes..

Happy ending yah?

But 

tenor.gif?itemid=10739159

Wuji was wounded badly prior being stabbed and slashed many times by Fuyao and Fuyao stabbed herself too..

So how in the hell did they survive those???

giphy.gif

Who saved them???

8Mfc.gif

Where are they at the ending???

wtthll.gif

Can they talk like normal being instead of talking in idioms?

And most importantly, what happened next? Are they married already? As Emperor and queen?

Did they unite the kingdoms?

shadowhunters-simon-what-the-hell.gif

And then... THE END

tenor.gif?itemid=5100044

Seriously????????

I mean....SERIOUSLY????

There's no explanation.. no logic and just BAM.. shoving that last scene to "pacify" fans???

tenor.gif?itemid=4425204

There is no closure as we are left with many questions and there's no more episodes to explain!!!!

I'm not happy. NOT happy at all! :rage:

I normally just scour random forums that talk about dramas I watch. Rarely do I ever make an account to post my opinion.

However, this post made me think of some things about the final two episodes in more detail, so I decided to make one.

Firstly, I'd like to thank this drama for improving my proficiency in Mandarin from limited to elementary.

I'll state my opinion/assumptions on some of the questions you had.

Spoiler

1. Fantasy. Albeit in reality, if you're stabbed, you have to be stabbed in the vitals to cause serious injury. Slicing doesn't do much.

2. I'm guessing Doc Zong and co. They must've been in vicinity and arrived just in time to save both of them.

3. Prior to the "saving", Wuji asked Fuyao if she'd like to be Tianquan's empress, so they are supposedly in the palace of Tianquan during the ending. Looking, by the scenery, they should be in the palace.

4. After saving the five kingdoms, they probably didn't unite them into one. However, Xuanji and Tianquan should be an "eternal friendship" (ep 58) soon, depending whether Wuji and Fuyao are married or to be married.

As for idioms, welcome to ancient china where everyone spoke in poems. Shakespeare, anyone? Why art thou like this.

For my opinion on the ending, I actually found that it made sense. The only problem I have with it is that I had to think about possible scenarios in which WuFu could've been saved prior to the last 2-3 minutes. 2 seconds of Doc Zong and co. showing up would've made it a much nicer ending.

Who knows? Only rarely does everything align with itself and you get a 10/10 drama. This one is rated 9/10 for me.

The love story behind Wuji and Fuyao was tremendous. All the character developments were on point (aside from Ya Lan Zhu and Zhan Bei Ye). The only flaw I see is the Tiansha Arc. The story slowed down to a crawl, wasn't interesting enough, and didn't make much sense. That really affected the pacing going towards the end of the drama, where some things had to be rushed.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Still traumatised ...

Still have swollen eyes from crying ...

The HE doesn't help to make me happier after watching what Wuji n Fuyao had gone thru ...

Still in pains for them, my precious.

So, I've crawled into my inner cave... hide to heal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, alimaexray said:

I normally just scour random forums that talk about dramas I watch. Rarely do I ever make an account to post my opinion.

However, this post made me think of some things about the final two episodes in more detail, so I decided to make one.

Firstly, I'd like to thank this drama for improving my proficiency in Mandarin from limited to elementary.

I'll state my opinion/assumptions on some of the questions you had.

Hide contents

1. Fantasy. Albeit in reality, if you're stabbed, you have to be stabbed in the vitals to cause serious injury. Slicing doesn't do much.

2. I'm guessing Doc Zong and co. They must've been in vicinity and arrived just in time to save both of them.

3. Prior to the "saving", Wuji asked Fuyao if she'd like to be Tianquan's empress, so they are supposedly in the palace of Tianquan during the ending. Looking, by the scenery, they should be in the palace.

4. After saving the five kingdoms, they probably didn't unite them into one. However, Xuanji and Tianquan should be an "eternal friendship" (ep 58) soon, depending whether Wuji and Fuyao are married or to be married.

As for idioms, welcome to ancient china where everyone spoke in poems. Shakespeare, anyone? Why art thou like this.

For my opinion on the ending, I actually found that it made sense. The only problem I have with it is that I had to think about possible scenarios in which WuFu could've been saved prior to the last 2-3 minutes. 2 seconds of Doc Zong and co. showing up would've made it a much nicer ending.

Who knows? Only rarely does everything align with itself and you get a 10/10 drama. This one is rated 9/10 for me.

The love story behind Wuji and Fuyao was tremendous. All the character developments were on point (aside from Ya Lan Zhu and Zhan Bei Ye). The only flaw I see is the Tiansha Arc. The story slowed down to a crawl, wasn't interesting enough, and didn't make much sense. That really affected the pacing going towards the end of the drama, where some things had to be rushed.

Totally agreee, that's a brilliant "dissertation". If I may add, the screenwriter already gave us an idea what the divine doctor is capable of doing. He was even able to heal Qin Yu who was fatally wounded with a bone-rotting poison, so what's a few slices?  And of course, Wuji has Ingot - he can always send him to Dr. Zhong et al, so it in turn can lead them to where the OTP were. Love it or hate it, leaving a few stones unturned lets the viewer's imaginations run wild. The ending was a masterstroke - it's adding up to a very memorable experience. If the ending left nothing to the imagination, it is often forgotten straight afterwards. The unresolved finale however continues to tease and echo long after the ending - it is the gift that keeps on giving - a jewel suspended just above the viewers' heads that will look different everytime, depending on where the light of the memory hits it, weeks, months, even years after. Thanks to all the posters who provided entertainment, gif's, spoilers, insights and even opposing opinions. Though I vey seldom interact, I enjoyed reading all of your posts. :)

• Like 6

^ yes biggest weakness of this drama was pacing and due to too much time where it shouldn’t be, instead of should. Since the climax was sooooo intense, I feel like if they just even devoted 30 minutes to properly wrap up and this ending, it would have been better. 

• Like 4

LoF has been such a fun (with some bumpy) ride. I adore Yang Mi since Palace and totally didn't know what to expect from Ethan. He wowed me with his acting tbh. All the expressions he has shown were spot on, I even liked his b***hy looks :D

The finale would've been sweeter if they just let us viewers know who saved them. The sudden jump made me a bit annoyed, felt so rush -_- Oh well I guess I just have to accept it as it is.

I thank you everyone again for the company for the past few weeks. I applaud all your dedications towards LoF :thumbsup: :heart:

This forum has been like a second home to me :lol: Dunno what's the next drama that will entice me to participate in a forum again. 

Bowing out from Wuji's harem :D:P

• Like 6

Guys, thanks so much for the updates regarding the last few epis.

I can't wait to experience it.

My burning question is WHERE’S YUANBAO?  How much more does it cost to animate him in say under the tree? :sweatingbullets:

Alll their kisses :wub:

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2029%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2031%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2035%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2038%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2041%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2045%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2047%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2050%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008,%206%2048%2052%20PM.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2