Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

1 hour ago, frenchfan said:

I was rewatching the episodes and I must say that the royal consort - Guifei is very conniving.  Acting all innocent but spreading seeds of doubts.  I hope to see her downfall next :rage: Her actions are just so calculated.  I just want Prince Duan and all the loyal people come back to clear this nest of vipers!  Poor GTY, never a moment of peace!  

does anyone know if she gets her just dessert too? she is pissing- me off.:angry:  i wanna see her get it like auntie Kang

• Like 9

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

The Spoiled Concubine Getting Her Just Desert:

Hide contents

Thats Right Eunich Slap The Taste Buds Out Of Her Mouth..

Looks like lady Zhang is ok thanks for ML's timely intervention.I hope the concubine got banished from the household.

In the absence of GTY,ML has let the spotlight shine on herself brightly.

The growing popularity of the couple can make the emperor uneasy.I hope he doesn't fall for it.

• Like 14

The one thing I like about TY scheming to court/win ML's heart(arc) is how he exerted his ways, even to have the majesty grant him marriage not only so ML's father, stepmom, & grandma couldnt reject TY, but because he wanted ML to be the one to decide whether she accepts/rejects him.

I like that TY told her his feelings were sincere & if he was a nuisance to her, he wouldnt persist her anymore. It's befitting that she was flattered by his actions/words & someone like him who truly/genuinely wants her.

Its amusing when ML told him why didn't he proposed marriage to her directly & he responded saying

grandma has a big personality & wouldnt accept it so easily & ML's father wouldnt be able to do a thing about it. TY knows ML & her family so well & read the whole situation like a book. He literally used tactical warfare to win ML's heart. He's so smug about it too.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

Isn't that the Eunich of the ED ? If so this is the Ed flexing more of her power. (The Queen was supposed to handle this not her) She wants to control it all.. From the courtiers homes to ministers in the court.. She's just too greedy, We need to see and ED and her concubine downfall to have a satisfactory ending.. It will be well worth the watch to see her greedy goblings executed. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Isn't that the Eunich of the ED ? If so this is the Ed flexing more of her power. (The Queen was supposed to handle this not her) She wants to control it all.. From the courtiers homes to ministers in the court.. She's just too greedy, We need to see and ED and her concubine downfall to have a satisfactory ending.. It will be well worth the watch to see her greedy goblings executed. 

That’s the problem. The Emperor and Empress asking for lighter punishment but ED’s people personally exacting the punishment could cause issues between the royal family and Duke of Ying, more political turmoil to benefit the ED. The Emperor and Empress and the Shens need to see beyond the guilt they feel towards the Zou family to the bigger picture and put some distance between themselves and the concubine’s family. Especially General Shen since they brought harm to both of his children and current wife as well as put him in a very bad position in court.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Aunty Kang is a devil!! :angry: Demon! She's just utterly evil! 

Spoiler

Just watched EP 59 raw, ML's so called couz, Zhao'er, from Aunt Kang...

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but it seems that Zhao'er is on suicide mission....

Either she dies, or her biological mom and siblings will die....

Can't believe this...

Thank god for Granny to rescue! :wub:

For once ML was truly cornered. 

Loved the 3 maid servants that's fiercely loyal to her yet know when she's out of her depth and needs help...

Even if I couldn't fully understand the conversation, we can see from ML's expression and reaction that even she didn't see that coming. 

That ruthless. That vicious. 

I really like that ML took her time to regain her composure, keep her calm before she decides on what to do though. 

Shows that she really doesn't make any rash decisions which she could regret later. 

That truly is her strength. 

I can't wait for the next few episodes now when she goes on offensive. 

She's been on defensive since she married GTY, and although she's done really well, time to flex some muscle and go offensive. 

Lets see if Aunt Kang would still be so arrogant now...:angry:

• Like 11

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@frenchfan His punishment should be death.. Keeping her alive if he's killed will cost them later because she'll always see it as they kill her brother of course to no fault of her on..

I also want to see the Guifei get the royal concunbine smak down. The ED exile out of the palace and everyones life will be peaceful.

I'm Still think about Chang MoMo giving Aunt Kang Lip Service.. It's just to hilarious:w00t:

MoMo told Aunt Kang:

We kind to you because you related to the maiden home

But you really thought you was some sort of dish :w00t::w00t:  

Your Kang family is merely related to the Sheng inlaws

You many loops away from the Gu house:w00t::w00t::wub:

You come here and charge yourself as a Elder or what not..

The Big Mdm is waiting for the Lil Mdm to add more children to the Gu house..

(Big Mdm Mad as hell now for her saying that:rage:):w00t::w00t:

Now everyone in the world knows Lil Mddm is with child

Not to even mention close friends..

Even the maiden home the legit mother and gran mother don't come

to bother her and allow her to nurse her pregnancy but come now..

Here comes and Aunt with and unknown face and dog mouth:w00t::w00t:

Putting up airs in three days to charge herself as boss:w00t: I spit a that (ROLF)

If something goes wrong with the marquis off spring,

Can those bones of yours weighing a couple of tales pay for it :w00t::w00t::w00t:

(Aunt Kang just speechless This was all you seen from her and Big Mdm :blink::blink::blink:)

MOMO: what the hell is that: 

Did someone in the family die

No one rushes to a funeral that diligently:wub::wub::wub: (priceless)

(Other words ML isn't dead why you rushing your azz here as soon as you wake up two or three times a day what the hell is that):w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:  This scene is just priceless.. The dialogue is off the hook..  You better open your eyes this not the Kang House this is the Gu House. By Now Aunt Kang And Big Mdm Are Looking Like This:o:o:o:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I applaud the writer for this, This is one of the best written scene and dialogue I've seen in a drama in a long time..Bow My Head To You.

Laughing so hard i was in tears almost peed my pants 

Agree.. sometimes wonder how these script writers can come up with such precise wordings! Such creative minds.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

25 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but it seems that Zhao'er is on suicide mission....

Can't believe this...

Loved the 3 maid servants that's fiercely loyal to her yet know when she's out of her depth and needs help...

Even if I couldn't fully understand the conversation, we can see from ML's expression and reaction that even she didn't see that coming. 

I really like that ML took her time to regain her composure, keep her calm before she decides on what to do though. 

Shows that she really doesn't make any rash decisions which she could regret later. 

She's been on defensive since she married GTY, and although she's done really well, time to flex some muscle and go offensive. 

Time for Aunt Kang to rot in prison sans any privileges for life.It would be the best punishment for her.DaNiang also needs to be punished for causing harm to granny being foolish is no excuse.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Time for Aunt Kang to rot in prison sans any privileges for life.It would be the best punishment for her.DaNiang also needs to be punished for causing harm to granny being foolish is no excuse.

She blamed ml for what happened to her...got loose and try to kill ml when she just delivered the baby.. :tears:

23 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Agree.. sometimes wonder how these script writers can come up with such precise wordings! Such creative minds.

Yes, i admire the writer to be able to come with witty dialogue that full of wisdom. Worth pondering and thinking over. Especially grandma and ml dialogues. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

She blamed ml for what happened to her...got loose and try to kill ml when she just delivered the baby.. :tears:

Yes, i admire the writer to be able to come with witty dialogue that full of wisdom. Worth pondering and thinking over. Especially grandma and ml dialogues. 

She should be executed for trying to kill ML.She is too twisted.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Of course she would...

Expect nothing less from her....

Another privileged one who's born entitled, and spoiled..hence everything is everyone else's fault. 

But I do wonder what happened to her troop that GTY left for her. How did that crazy woman got that close to her with the whole troop protecting her??

5 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

She should be executed for trying to kill ML.She is too twisted.

I'd be interested to see what GTY would do to her for causing his wife the grief and mental breakdown...

Having said that, I do enjoy watching the actress playing Aunt Kang tho...at least over GTY's two faced stepmom. 

At least she's more animated...her expression and reaction when Chang Momo tore into her playing the elderly card was priceless! 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Of course she would...

Another privileged one who's born entitled, and spoiled..hence everything is everyone else's fault. 

But I do wonder what happened to her troop that GTY left for her. How did that crazy woman got that close to her with the whole troop protecting her??

I'd be interested to see what GTY would do to her for causing his wife the grief and mental breakdown...

Having said that, I do enjoy watching the actress playing Aunt Kang tho...at least over GTY's two faced stepmom. 

At least she's more animated...her expression and reaction when Chang Momo tore into her playing the elderly card was priceless! 

My guess is she get help from stepmom.. The ordinary soldier are no match for stepmom craftiness. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Of course she would...

The women actors in the drama are very good.They make you loathe and love them with sincerity.

I am also waiting for GTY to be back and take everyone to task for troubling his precious wife. To bother ML was supposed to be his job and no one else.

To add I like evil stepmom and ED.Their villainy is so varied that it makes the show enjoyable.The comic elements that are added to their scenes now and then helps not to make it to heavy.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

Based on the many hints of the drama given online, the ending for Auntie Kang will be that she is sent to a penal workforce, Big Madam Wang will be sent to a temple to repent never to return unless permitted and Stepmother goes mad.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, hello210 said:

That’s the problem. The Emperor and Empress asking for lighter punishment but ED’s people personally exacting the punishment could cause issues between the royal family and Duke of Ying, more political turmoil to benefit the ED. The Emperor and Empress and the Shens need to see beyond the guilt they feel towards the Zou family to the bigger picture and put some distance between themselves and the concubine’s family. Especially General Shen since they brought harm to both of his children and current wife as well as put him in a very bad position in court.

@hello210  Wrong is Wrong. The Empress shouldn't have even involved the Emperor knowing that the ED will use whatever is in her means to get what she want.. If someone did her child this way she would probably want there head since she's in a position to take it and no one could stop her she's within her bounds.. Now knowing all the stuff she has heard about how the concubine behaves overstepping her bounds she should have check her then and put her on her place.. Letting the Bray knows just what she's not going to tolarate regardless of the past.. The Brat needs to be strip of her status and kick out of the Gnrl home period if they not going to take her life.. If she gets away with it this time she'll try it again.. She should also be punish for jeapordizing a heavy pregnant Gnrl wife  (ML) all because she can come and save her and the child.. I tell you ML had become benefactors to a lot these people saving them from unwanted marriages to justice.. At this rate I think she may even go head to head with the Ed and the concubine..  Now this would be very intersting..

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can't believe this...

@m0us3y  If I'm not mistaking things should get some what better GTY was supposed to come back after hearing about Granny.. If this is so then I hope he checks Big Mdm and the 4th and 5th house because they still living off him and none of them are doing anything to protect his wife.. I stil think he should breakup these houses and let them fend for themselves.. They all been haven't it to easy to long..

49 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

@minglan1  I agree DaNiang should also be punished.. She knows right from wrong.. She had been warned once before by Granny to tell her sister not to go around messing with ML.. Now she was all bent out of shape because Granny check her about her sister who she thinks has the right to do whatever and all is well, DaNiang didn't care as long as Aunt wasn't taking the concubines to her kids house she could careless and SH feels the same way as long as Aunt Kang wasn't brothering Molan..  The face saver was really willing to overlook it.. I see why GTY came back because he knows SH character all to well wanting to save his rep.What Rep.  I tell you SH gets the worst father of the year award from me..

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

@leeza77  As far as dialogue nobody beats GTY and MoMo as of now..

Right before GTY married ML, He told his brother Pretentious display of proper etiqutte should be done.. Wow:w00t::w00t: In others worfs GTY told him I'll pretend to give you props but you know I don't give a F..

I thought about something doing that scene why Big Mdm didn't want him to make his marriage extravagant.. The smaller the wedding the more she could issue out those invitations to find her muse to do her bidding.. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

The enunch looked so frail I was worried that he would faint from the exhaustion of slapping the concubine.

Should have ml to give her the slap. 

4deaf5a8ly1fzkaky54a6g20jg0eeu0y.gif
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, minglan1 said:

The women actors in the drama are very good.They make you loathe and love them with sincerity.

I am also waiting for GTY to be back and take everyone to task for troubling his precious wife. To bother ML was supposed to be his job and no one else.

@minglan1  No you didn't go there, Thanks got my laugh for tonight:w00t: MoMo the 2nd

1 hour ago, Jackie1048 said:

Based on the many hints of the drama given online, the ending for Auntie Kang will be that she is sent to a penal workforce, Big Madam Wang will be sent to a temple to repent never to return unless permitted and Stepmother goes mad.

@Jackie1048 I could see step mom going crazy.. Big Mdm has never had anyone to challenge her authourity.. She didn't expect this small young girl would make her wreck her brain the way she has.. All the opponets she has sent ML way have all went running with they tail tuck between there legs..   After ML knocks Auntie Kang out of the equation Big Mdm has no more cards to play but to just go all out for the kill burn the whole darn house down with them all in it and in return she kill her own son.. So yes this would run her crazy because it's no way she can get her son the title not even her G/kids can inherit it..  They didn't have nut houses then I don't think.. She'll probably end up in a temple also.. I think they should send the 4th house Mdm with her she slow anyway even her husband seems a little mentally challenged.. 

45 minutes ago, minglan1 said:
1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Dunno whether this clip has been posted before.. Wow, the bratty zhou concubine got slapped by eunuch. For me not enough for her crime. 

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4335407647635633

The enunch looked so frail I was worried that he would faint from the exhaustion of slapping the concubine.

What crack me up is when she tried to play like she fainted and threw her head back.. The Eunich was like bring the face back here..

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@minglan1  No you didn't go there, Thanks got my laugh for tonight:w00t: MoMo the 2nd

@Jackie1048 I could see step mom going crazy.. Big Mdm has never had anyone to challenge her authourity.. She didn't expect this small young girl would make her wreck her brain the way she has.. All the opponets she has sent ML way have all went running with they tail tuck between there legs..   After ML knocks Auntie Kang out of the equation Big Mdm has no more cards to play but to just go all out for the kill burn the whole darn house down with them all in it and in return she kill her own son.. So yes this would run her crazy because it's no way she can get her son the title not even her G/kids can inherit it..  They didn't have nut houses then I don't think.. She'll probably end up in a temple also.. I think they should send the 4th house Mdm with her she slow anyway even her husband seems a little mentally challenged.. 

What crack me up is when she tried to play like she fainted and threw her head back.. The Eunich was like bring the face back here..

@Jackie1048 i think stepmom's brain is overworked in finding the solution to beat ml&gty. Thus fried a few circuit resulting to madness. It's not easy to be a villain. :joy:

• LOL 8