Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@leeza77I too was wondering if she was the same woman, but ED found that woman distasteful. She spoke ill of her in the episode When ML went to visit the Empress for the first time and was given the LADIES IN WAITING FOR THE ED. Do u remember this?? If she is from the ED party why does she dislike her so much???

Ed is a manipulator. Used person left and right. She's not necessarily like that person to use them for her own nefarious person. Beside, in one of the episode, ed gave something to her, an incentive to be on her side. 

@leeza77I too was wondering if she was the same woman, but ED found that woman distasteful. She spoke ill of her in the episode When ML went to visit the Empress for the first time and was given the LADIES IN WAITING FOR THE ED. Do u remember this?? If she is from the ED party why does she dislike her so much???

Ed is a manipulator. Used person left and right. She's not necessarily like that person to use them for her own nefarious person. Beside, in one of the episode, ed gave something to her, an incentive to be on her side. 

• Like 7

@frenchfan   I believe it is too late for that. The doubt is there already and he is now very paranoid right now. We all saw the doubt when he was with his son and Empress. When Prince Huan went to give his father news that our OTP was able to get his Maternal Uncle to go back to his wife bedroom. He made that comment that Prince Huan is lucky to find such a loyal guy and the son had to bend the knee. The ED’s spy heard that comment but looking suspiciously to the side. I feel so bad for the Emperor but he will lose sight of it to point of sending GTY  far away until another rebellion start. It will all be to late for him to finally realize who was really loyal to him and he will probably meet his own end in a bad way. :tears::tears::bawling:

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, leeza77 said:

After watching Episode 55-56 with subs, I find QH to be disgusting. Why I say he is disgusting is because he has let himself be used and his own father believes that they should let him let him succeed and fall so he can learn his lesson. I agree because he won’t listen to anyone telling him what he is doing is wrong. THE ED played him well , she played don’t disrespect your mother and I have watched your mother grow up. But QH didn’t take into account that ED is the Emperor’s stepmom right now. He hasn’t read between the lines ED is saying. She wants The Emperor to acknowledge her as his mother so she can gain control and remain in power.  QH being sheltered and doesn’t know what it truly feels and mean to be adopted and not being able to recognize their own blood parents. Hasn’t even realized that he is insulting the Emperor  and that he is making the Emperor his ENEMY.  Instead of having the Emperor respect him , he has the Emperor lose all respect for him because he is siding with ED who still want to keep a corrupted court system. This is the first time I have come to really dislike QH. He has opposed the Emperor and now the Prime Minister because of his naivety. I wonder doesn’t QH take into account the good the Emperor has done since taking his position. The way he keeps going

I have a question Chingu’s  ( IS THIS DEBATE WAS DONE SO THEY CAN MAKE RHE ED STEP DOWN FROM PARTICIPATING IN COURT ANS RETIRE). If this the reason behind bringing this up, ED played her cards right she she can continue disrupting court and stopping the changes the Emperor is trying to make for the people. 

The problem with QH is that he really doesn’t know he is being manipulated and doesn’t understand how politics really work. He is being manipulated and once he loses his value, he will be thrown away like garbage and his career will be ruined. 

@UnniSarah & @leeza77  Yes the ED needs to step down.. She used this adoption business to keep in power.. I couldn't believe she tried to blame the PM saying she was drunk.. QH entered this court ring and yet he still don't know how to read people wanting to be in the front row seat at the helm of it all.. The Ed is playing him like a fiddle.. Did he not think about his on fillia situation that happen when is own dad was held hostage.. I think the question should have went back to him would he call his own father uncle if he had to take the throne..  I think in episode 56 he should have realized he was being played by the Ed and made and enemy out of the emperor.. I thought the Emperor should have had him whip that way he would know to stay out of the Ed and Emp power struggle..   

The Ed wants to use him to keep fanning the fire in the court all she wants is all the Emperor favorites out of there just so she can control the king even if she's not in the court.. Yes she played her cards some what right but she exposed herself to QH if it read between the lines.. She left hin high and dry just like that.. Lesson #1 QH since you missed the real lesson #1 when his father was in a crisis and she did nothing.. Actually it was two lessons were he hasn't read between the ED fine print.. Yet after what happened in court the next time she calls for him my advice to him is he shouldn't go it's not the Ed thts loosing face it's him..   

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

4 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@UnniSarah & @leeza77  Yes the ED needs to step down.. She used this adoption business to keep in power.. I couldn't believe she tried to blame the PM saying she was drunk.. QH entered this court ring and yet he still don't know how to read people wanting to be in the front row seat at the helm of it all.. The Ed is playing him like a fiddle.. Did he not think about his on fillia situation that happen when is own dad was held hostage.. I think the question should have went back to him would he call his own father uncle if he had to take the throne..  I think in episode 56 he should have realized he was being played by the Ed and made and enemy out of the emperor.. I thought the Emperor should have had him whip that way he would know to stay out of the Ed and Emp power struggle..   

The Ed wants to use him to keep fanning the fire in the court all she wants is all the Emperor favorites out of there just so she can control the king even if she's not in the court.. Yes she played her cards some what right but she exposed herself to QH if it read between the lines.. She left hin high and dry just like that.. Lesson #1 QH since you missed the real lesson #1 when his father was in a crisis and she did nothing.. Actually it was two lessons were he hasn't read between the ED fine print.. Yet after what happened in court the next time she calls for him my advice to him is he shouldn't go it's not the Ed thts loosing face it's him..   

@sava2sava Thank you chingu, u said better than I can. QH is so eager get justice but he doesn’t even know what Justice he is supposed to be fighting for. He is so clueless for not knowing why ED has the “itch” to remain in power when the Emperor needs to rule right now. The only time a ED remains in power is if the heir is to young to rule. Smh smh Am I right or am I wrong???

• Like 7

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

This is such a great interview, she bared it real like how ML will do.. I love it when she said she couldn't really understand ML too but when FSF told her that she was an idealist, but ML is a realist that does things the way life is.. So true.. ZLY played this character well and I know like us, she has learned a lot from ML as a person.. I also love how she said there can be no excellent way to balance work and personal life or else it wouldn't be a problem at all.. So you just have to work hard on all things worthwhile. Can't wait for her to deliver the baby and make a comeback.. Looks like FSF & ZLY relationship is more like ML and GTY, understanding and love.. So sweet, I wish them an eternity life together 

• Like 13
  • Love 3

@mingerling Thanks. I guess that's from the director's cut. So on sunday we will see a very pregnant ML. That man, is it Madam Kang's husband?.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

W/ or w/out consulting ML, I think either way, they would have fallen into Dowager's trap, since His Majesty continued to press on about the granting his parents the royal title. The timing was not good, since the Queen already knows about Majesty's request. 

ED using the whole seal/papers & dinner arrangement as an excuse to paint Majesty's side as the ones w/ill intentions irks me. QH continues to show why he such a dolt. He needs to evaluate the situation thoroughly. 

@greenwatch08  He should have pick up on she was lying.. How could the PM order a dinner party in her residence without her approval..  How could the PM force her to drink if the ED was so drunk how did she know what happend in her residence with the PM.. Boy he's really stupid..

I'm sure QH mom has seen the Ed doing her at it's finest. QH mom herself should talk to her child and ask him think about it from a political prospective try to figure out what she's really after..  

3 hours ago, dopez said:

In episode 55, the emperor said that "It is Prince Huan's blessings that's profound." This resulted Prince Huan to kneel infront of the emperor and empress. I really hope this is part of the emperor and his confidents' plan. Probably they want to show to the ED that the bond they have started to shake and the ED thinks that she now has the upper hand in their political battle. 

This actually worries me because the emperor seems to acted wary and his Guifei seems to be in hand with the ED...

@dopez  I just read that the Guifei is the ED niece.. If the King gets his way this means after the ED the ED family would have no more connection in the court to keep her family corruption going.. Putting her neice next to the King is still trying to keep her family in power..I think after the Ed dies the King wouldn't have to much to do with the Guifei.. I don't even understand why would she come in being a concubine to the King.. The King has sons old enought to take the throme after him.. The Ed isn't slick she needs GTY out of there because she knows not only him but others will see through her plan from the beginning to stay in power by now they should be naming who is the King next successor instead of arguing about him calling the past Emperor father.. This is the topic the Ed don't won't.. I bet if the Guifei comes up pregnant she will be screaming to make the Guifei son crown prince to keep power within her family grasp..

3 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Omg the issue about salt is starting, looks like the prison scene will soon happen for GTY since his mother's side gave him a salt business . Omg I'm so anxious... I'm so excited for this salt thingy problems.. 

@Suzzy San  This could be another one of ED ploy trying to strip GTY wealth from him.. Even without his court title the man still has enough money to power play in the courts among the movers and shakers..Maybe they want GTy to turn over his salt farms to the court and he refused.. (In the name of helping the people)  This all so the Ed family can keep lining there pockets and her supporters to get kick backs.. If this is so GTY is going to tell them that he's dishonoring his G/father and Mother if he do this.. All he owns was his safety net for him to grow up well and he'll use it the same way for his own kids..

2 hours ago, leeza77 said:

@leeza77  Check this out..

Spoiler

Question:

In your understanding, where is the modernity of Ming Lan's character? What are some of the things that she deserves to be learned by modern women?

Answer:

As a daughter-in-law can not hurt the feelings of her mother-in-law, mellowly solve things, how to subtly resolve the potential friction of the mother-in-law, Minglan's approach is very useful for reference, the positive hard-headed is not necessarily a good idea, you see Minglan You will know that sometimes softness is also a hard force.

In addition, Minglan's husband and wife are also worthy of modern women's learning. The current society always encourages women to be self-conscious. Self-awareness is right, but don't be confused with selfishness. The other person loves you, and love is not yours. Selfish, we can't just think about our feelings.

The same is true for husband and wife. They can't just ignore their own requirements and ignore each other's feelings. They can be considered for each other and two people can get along longer. Marriage and love are not the same, marriage must be operated.

Poor GTY:lol:

Spoiler

Can someone translate this scene pls

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Thank you chingu, u said better than I can. QH is so eager get justice but he doesn’t even know what Justice he is supposed to be fighting for. He is so clueless for not knowing why ED has the “itch” to remain in power when the Emperor needs to rule right now. The only time a ED remains in power is if the heir is to young to rule. Smh smh Am I right or am I wrong???

@UnniSarah  Your so right.. QH went in using politics to fight his hatred towards GTY.. Now he has really lost focus on his fight by getting caught up in a different fight and yet any chance he can get to vent this anger he'll use in one way or another.. He's not looking at the Big picture here because he's still caught up in the past.. 

I really have to blame his parents for this because they sheltered him from life it's self.. QH is a lost cause and it's to late for his parents to talk to him or teach him due to the arrogance they raised him to have.. Now he's in the court arena thinking he still can have things his way not realizing he's been played from day one.. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

No offense to William Feng's fan but i really wish Zhu Yilong became the lead hero instead second lead, as he has charisma with heroin aka Minglan  

Even without words spoken when they together i can feel Zhu YiLong did his best to express his feeling 

• Like 1
  • Angry 2
  • Confused 9
  • LOL 3

I share the opinion of those who posted previously that I really don’t see the “superior” performance of the actor Zhu Yilong according to some comments on here. I never found myself saying “wow, this person can act” when I watched his scenes or even notice anything great about his performance. It’s not until I started to read this forum I saw comments about his performance that has me scratching my head. :sweatingbullets: 

Then again, it’s not too often that I’m impressed with an actor. When I think of performances that impressed me in a Chinese drama I immediately think of Nirvana in Fire where even the side characters like the Emperor (I find him fascinating) and the two major villains kept impressing me with their acting. Or even Mark Chao’s acting with his eyes and mannerisms throughout Ten Miles Peach Blossoms whether as Yehua or Moyuan made me take notice. This, of course, is my opinion. I always enjoy ZLY’s acting though in everything I have watched her in.

• Like 16
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Nisda said:

No offense to William Feng's fan but i really wish Zhu Yilong became the lead hero instead second lead, as he has charisma with heroin aka Minglan  

Even without words spoken when they together i can feel Zhu YiLong did his best to express his feeling 

I'm not familiar w/either actors or their work but I beg to differ, specifically if it is based on their character's as TY & QH. 

QH's character is bare/shallow in characterization. Every scene ZYL as QH been in w/ZLY as ML is super cut&dry. There's no substance in their minimal dialogue onscreen as a pair. The interactions is rather dull & the scenes for both of them consists mostly of shortlived walks & dry conversations. There's no variety. I wouldnt say it's at the fault of the actor but mostly due to QH's characterization. I dont find him appealing as QH.

With FSF as TY, there's more energy & excitement, especially with ML&TY's first full on conversation as adults. Even when they weren't romatically involved yet, the witty/snarky dialogue between the two makes ML & TY as a platonic pair more engaging/interesting onscreen than the bland romance/affair of ZYL & ZLY as QH/ML. Not only that, ZLY/FSF as ML/TY are constantly smiling in each other's presence. She has more variety in expression with FSF/TY, in comparison to ZYL/QH, in which majority of the time, she's either sad/distressed or nonchalant w/QH.

• Like 18
  • Insightful 4

26 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I'm not familiar w/either actors or their work but I beg to differ, specifically if it is based on their character's as TY & QH. 

QH's character is bare/shallow in characterization. Every scene ZYL as QH been in w/ZLY as ML is super cut&dry. There's no substance in their minimal dialogue onscreen as a pair. The interactions is rather dull & the scenes for both of them consists mostly of shortlived walks & dry conversations. There's no variety. I wouldnt say it's at the fault of the actor but mostly due to QH's characterization. I dont find him appealing as QH.

With FSF as TY, there's more energy & excitement, especially with ML&TY's first full onconversation as adults. Even when they weren't romatically involved yet, the witty/snarky dialogue between the two makes ML & TY as a platonic pair more engaging/interesting onscreen than the bland romance/affair of ZYL & ZLY as QH/ML. Not only that, ZLY/FSF as ML/TY are constantly smiling in each other's presence & she has more variety in expression with FSF/TY, in comparison to ZYL/QH.

Exactly, like I said I know ZYL is a good actor, but considering this drama GTY is not a character that needs a bright and doll-like actor to play the role, it will feel less energized, for me the best person is the person doing it now, FSF, he is handsome but not some kind of idol beauty, he is manly like GTY, his age is similar to GTY's, and considering what ZLY said he told her about the character of ML, he seem to be someone that thinks like GTY too.. In short, If I see another actor playing GTY, it's definitely not ZYL, I just don't see the 'omg, he acts so well' kinda face to make me think he will havethe greatest chemistry with ZLY, if there will be chemistry, since ZLY has chemistry with all her male leads, it's not this kind of GTY's role that will make him have that superior chemistry with her.. And like someone says there, even though it's the script, QH and MLan's script are so dry, so I don't see how someone will see them as a lead option for this drama.. Definitely not seeing or imagining it at all from my views

• Like 14

17 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Of course Molan got just what she wish for.. She ha a husband that has a house full of concubines having male decendants all but her.. Her own personal maid becoming her husbands concubine and maybe pregnant by her husnand by now.. Also ML telling her under no circumstance would her mom tablet be entered into the temple nor would her mom be listed into the Sheng Clan if dad tries anything funny she'll take the evidence and witness to the precint tio have her mom tried for murder.. Also in the mean time her husband found out he was schemed into marrying her.. So my guess is this is why he'll get back at her through her personal maid.. Her life is the hell she choose.. She's living in hell and her mom is burning in hell Molan is getting all her mom bad deeds.. 

@sava2savaI want to  see it portrayed how she is living in hell is what I meant. I want to know if the drama shows how she is treated and how she is suffering, if her messing with her husband's concubine's pregnancies will be found out, if she gets punished along with all the baddies. 

Anyhow I am getting tired of GTY's sulking and continuos moping. He has got deep insecurity and abandonment issues but like any other person, those are his issues that only he can resolve and no one else. It is understandable that he feels that way because of how he grew up and the women who had hurt him in his life. But like CB said, he needs to solve his problems within himself. Even counselors and mental professionals can only help see what the problem is but the resolution still depends on the efforts of the person himself. I don't know what he wants from Minglan. She is his wife and lover and she had shown him in many ways how deeply she cares about him but is not enough for him. I think that even if she did say what he wanted to hear, he would not be satisfied because the solution is not in ML, it is in himself. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Exactly, like I said I know ZYL is a good actor, but considering this drama GTY is not a character that needs a bright and doll-like actor to play the role, it will feel less energized, for me the best person is the person doing it now, FSF, he is handsome but not some kind of idol beauty, he is manly like GTY, his age is similar to GTY's, and considering what ZLY said he told her about the character of ML, he seem to be someone that thinks like GTY too.. In short, If I see another actor playing GTY, it's definitely not ZYL, I just don't see the 'omg, he acts so well' kinda face to make me think he will havethe greatest chemistry with ZLY, if there will be chemistry, since ZLY has chemistry with all her male leads, it's not this kind of GTY's role that will make him have that superior chemistry with her.. And like someone says there, even though it's the script, QH and MLan's script are so dry, so I don't see how someone will see them as a lead option for this drama.. Definitely not seeing or imagining it at all from my views

I actually dont find FSF handsome, although he isnt bad looking either, but the thing about FSF as TY is he HAS this physicality/strut & daunting energy in the way he carries himself that really entranced me w/TY's character, which also makes him as all more attractive/alluring onscreen.  It also helps that TY's characterization is far superior than QH in everyway. ZYL is doing a decent job as QH w/what he's given with but he definitely would not fit as TY.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, mingerling said:

They have kept the granny poisoning plot.Yay!! We get to see no holds barred ML.Much needed for SH.How could he sacrifice old madam?He owes his life and current status,comfortable living because she was there to guide him towards it.He is extremely selfish and coward.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@greenwatch08  He should have pick up on she was lying.. How could the PM order a dinner party in her residence without her approval..  How could the PM force her to drink if the ED was so drunk how did she know what happend in her residence with the PM.. Boy he's really stupid..

He's such a simpleton, which irks me because he has nothing to gain from what's going to unfold in the current political tension. To me, I see it as QH being petty towards TY like before. He doesnt try to understand why TY & majesty is doing/going up against Dowager. Dowager is an awful liar.

• Like 8