Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

45th episode:

The bath scene, ml found traces of blood on gty's shirt. Really worried and speedily check her hubb's body for wounds.Then stopped the husband from taking bath bcoz of the house was not perfectly seal, afraid gty will catch cold.. This little scene concerned are the evidence that she has soften towards him a lot.. Gty just have to be patience, cultivate the relationship. Love will not be far in the future. 

The same episode, he was teasing her about a story of a man who has an illicit affairs. The wife found out and plot a revenge vs the hubby and put a little herbs in the hubby's foods called "spring grass". Gty said that if i do the same, you can use the same on me. My life in your hands.. The jokes is, the spring grass herbs actually is an approdiasic (ha ha.. The woman's hubby maybe died because overexertion, not becoz of poison):D

I don't think the issue is ever if she cares for him. 

She has always been thinking for his best interest, from Rong'er, to advancing his career, bringing Shitou with him during the rebellion. 

She even cooked him porridge when he was sick during their early days. 

Now as his wife, naturally she cares for him a lot more. 

In fact, I even believe she loves him. 

But that doesnt always equal to opening up to him on everything, the way he hopes she will. 

She still doesn't trust that he will love her forever. After all, like another chingu said, that would be rare those days, and they truly are exceptions rather than norm. 

And ML wouldn't want to put her hopes up for an exception I feel. 

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, mooose said:

Er..Yong Wang who who tried to kill the former Emperor (her husband )? I guess in politics its true, there are no permanent enemies, only permanent interests. 

That Qi family seems to schmooze up to anyone in power. No wonder it has lost prestige over the years.

I think Yong Wang was the family who was killed during the rebellion. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, lilkat75 said:

@leeza77 I know ML deeply cares about GTY :wub: and they have plenty of cute and deep moments with each other. Just like how ML looks up to GTY and had wished SH has been more like him. However, I still think ML keeps a barrier to protect herself. 

As i said b4 time will heal.. Patience and perseverance. Slowly coaxing, ml will come around. Or maybe a big slapped on her face (the arrival of manniang) will give ml shock abd revelation of her love towards gty. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

45th episode:

The bath scene, ml found traces of blood on gty's shirt. Really worried and speedily check her hubb's body for wounds.Then stopped the husband from taking bath bcoz of the house was not perfectly seal, afraid gty will catch cold.. This little scene concerned are the evidence that she has soften towards him a lot.. Gty just have to be patience, cultivate the relationship. Love will not be far in the future. 

The same episode, he was teasing her about a story of a man who has an illicit affairs. The wife found out and plot a revenge vs the hubby and put a little herbs in the hubby's foods called "spring grass". Gty said that if i do the same, you can use the same on me. My life in your hands.. The jokes is, the spring grass herbs actually is an approdiasic (ha ha.. The woman's hubby maybe died because overexertion, not becoz of poison):D

The other part that struck me was when she was getting ready to go to the palace. GTY picked up the eyebrow pencil & ML said that is it was a normal day she would let him to do her makeup but if she lets him ‘draw on’ her face now she will run late because of cleaning & reapplying. That showed me that she is softening as well.

I liked what the Empress’ sister told her in the carriage. ML doesn’t have to repay GTY because they are husband & wife & are considered one. ML looked like she was considering that so maybe her friend will help her in opening up because I don’t think she had an actual friend before (3rd Yan sister was more of a family acquaintance)

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

As i said b4 time will heal.. Patience and perseverance. Slowly coaxing, ml will come around. Or maybe a big slapped on her face (the arrival of manniang) will give ml shock abd revelation of her love towards gty. 

I'm with U. I feel ML is learning and slowly opening up. 

But that's not exactly GTY's modus operandi is it? :lol:

That's why they really need to communicate and compromise to come to middle ground. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

19 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

The other part that struck me was when she was getting ready to go to the palace. GTY picked up the eyebrow pencil & ML said that is it was a normal day she would let him to do her makeup but if she lets him ‘draw on’ her face now she will run late because of cleaning & reapplying. That showed me that she is softening as well.

I liked what the Empress’ sister told her in the carriage. ML doesn’t have to repay GTY because they are husband & wife & are considered one. ML looked like she was considering that so maybe her friend will help her in opening up because I don’t think she had an actual friend before (3rd Yan sister was more of a family acquaintance)

The difference between ml and tge princess is the social gap. The princess has no social gap with her hubby. The are from the same circle. Whilst gty and ml has a huge different. One is the heir to a Marquis while ml is an unloved child born out of a concubine. It's not easy to overcome the inferior feeling. To be able to trust, she must overcome that feeling first. And the development between gty and ml showed that love and trust is not far away. All the tragedies that will happen to them is designed to reveal the real feeling and strengthen it. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I'm with U. I feel ML is learning and slowly opening up. 

But that's not exactly GTY's modus operandi is it? :lol:

That's why they really need to communicate and compromise to come to middle ground. 

Gty is a bulldozer. Sometimes you can use force to get result and sometimes you must resort to gentle coaxing. Ml is just like animal who was injured. Gty must gently coax her slowly. 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The difference between ml and tge princess is the social gap. The princess has no social gap with her hubby. The are from the same circle. Whilst gty and ml has a huge different. One is the heir to a Marquis while ml is an unloved child born out of a concubine. It's not easy to overcome the inferior feeling. To be able to trust, she must overcome that feeling first. And the development between gty and ml showed that love and trust is not far away. All the tragedies that will happen to them is designed to reveal the real feeling and strengthen it. 

Yeah. ML has brought up the fact she's a lowly unloved Shu daughter of a low official a couple of times. 

But I do love that GTY's responses everytime.. ESP the one over dinner table where he said that "one day, no one will look down upon you anymore"...

34 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Gty is a bulldozer. Sometimes you can use force to get result and sometimes you must resort to gentle coaxing. Ml is just like animal who was injured. Gty must gently coax her slowly. 

Hahahaha. I just thought he's not the most patient person. But I wouldn't disagree that he is a bit of a bulldozer. :lol:

• Like 8

9 hours ago, leeza77 said:

The difference between ml and the princess is the social gap. The princess has no social gap with her hubby. They are from the same circle. Whilst gty and ml has a huge different. One is the heir to a Marquis while ml is an unloved child born out of a concubine. It's not easy to overcome the inferior feeling. To be able to trust, she must overcome that feeling first. And the development between gty and ml showed that love and trust is not far away. All the tragedies that will happen to them is designed to reveal the real feeling and strengthen it. 

Although I agree with most of what you're saying here, I just wanna point out one thing. Empress's shen younger sister is NOT a princess though she might be a di daughter. Empress' family supposedly is not nobility nor her father is high official. They're from small town of Yuzhou prefecture where current emperor used to be prefect and general of small troop (like military governor). When she visited ML's house with her brother, she mentioned that she likes to be at ML's place as she can be herself not needing to worry about etiquettes. She didn't get along with other women from Bianjing as they considered her uncultured and country bumpkin. ML said lady Shen's personality is similar to her cousin Pin Lan. She is married to Zheng family and I'm not sure he is also from Yuzhou but ML mentioned Zheng family is well-educated.

@darkphoenix123 You are right, Lady Shen might become ML's friend as ML mentioned they got along well since they're from similar lower status. Are you referring to Yu Yanran (eldest daughter of Yu family) whom GTY wanted to marry before when you mentioned Yan 3rd sister? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Golden Flower said:

Although I agree with most of what you're saying here, I just wanna clarify one thing. Empress's shen younger sister is NOT a princess though she might be a di daughter. Empress' family supposedly is not nobility nor her father is high official. They're from small town of You Zhou prefecture where current emperor used to be prefect and general of small troop (like military governor). When she visited ML's house with her brother, she mentioned that she likes to be at ML's place as she can be herself not needing to worry about etiquettes. She didn't get along with other women from Bianjing as they considered her uncultured and country bumpkin. ML said lady Shen's personality is similar to her cousin Pin Lan. She is married to Zheng family and I'm not sure he is also from Yuzhou but ML mentioned Zheng family is well-educated.

@darkphoenix123 You are right, Lady Shen might become ML's friend. Are you referring to Yu Yanran (eldest daughter of Yu family) whom GTY wanted to marry before when you mentioned Yan 3rd sister? 

Talking about yanran, i was wondering if yanran married to gty, she might come back to ml, plead with to solve her marriages. What a nightmare for a weak girl like yanran who just know how to cry we facing any problem. (i'm not dishing yanran, it's just that her character is a weak and feeble woman) 

Whilst if gty married Rulan, we might see screaming competition with the fourth auntie and throwing insult  with the fifth auntie. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

23 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Iove ml's dialogues. The lines have deep meaning and full of wisdom. The words are poetic. I just pity xiatao who always lost and confuse with ml's speech. :lol:

I love XiaoTao protectiveness towards ML :wub: Although she always confused with ML way of thinking, she still faithfully support ML action thru and thru.. I wish to Xiaotao pairing up with Shitou.. LOL.. Who's with me??!! Put's your hands up!!! LOL

16 hours ago, deslynn88 said:

Manniang comes back and the first thing she does is try to blackmail him to make her a concubine before she return his son to him.  That golddigging trash!

I thought I saw someone post that she was actually sent to him by his step-mother.  Is that true?

I can't wait to see how ML & GTY going to destroy MN.. I hope Rong'er hates her mother for being so manipulative n evil.. What kind of mother is that??!! Sheeshhh... I feel like digging a grave a burying MN alive for treating her children like that :rage: what a spiteful woman.. 

23 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Iove ml's dialogues. The lines have deep meaning and full of wisdom. The words are poetic. I just pity xiatao who always lost and confuse with ml's speech. :lol:

I love XiaoTao protectiveness towards ML :wub: Although she always confused with ML way of thinking, she still faithfully support ML action thru and thru.. I wish to Xiaotao pairing up with Shitou.. LOL.. Who's with me??!! Put's your hands up!!! LOL

16 hours ago, deslynn88 said:

Manniang comes back and the first thing she does is try to blackmail him to make her a concubine before she return his son to him.  That golddigging trash!

I thought I saw someone post that she was actually sent to him by his step-mother.  Is that true?

I can't wait to see how ML & GTY going to destroy MN.. I hope Rong'er hates her mother for being so manipulative n evil.. What kind of mother is that??!! Sheeshhh... I feel like digging a grave a burying MN alive for treating her children like that :rage: what a spiteful woman.. 

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, lyaarisa said:

Shitou has 3 beauties to choose from ml maids. All are loyal and fierce in protecting ml. 

About manniang, i don't think that ml & gty will destroy mn. The have to consider the feeling of rong'er. Otherwise the relationship between ml and rong will be destroyed. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

@bulubulu@UnniSarah @m0us3y @leeza77 @lilkat75 @cherubstomato

I was confused on why you guys were comparing GTY and SH. I couldn't recall that they were compared in any of ML's conversation with her maids. I then remembered there is one conversation GTY overheard and I just check viki's sub for epi 44. Now, I know where you guys get it from. Viki's translators translate东家 here as Mr. Sheng.  I'm not sure whether Dong Jia (东家) referred by Suiwei here means ML's father SH. I need to wait and compare with the subs from youtube when it comes out (Note: I didn't mean to criticize translators. They have been doing a tremendous job for us international viewers, almost catching up to today's episodes). When I watched that conversation, I just took it as Suiwei was saying ML seemed to be talking about her boss (someone who gives her money) rather than her husband. ML then responded saying yes, we need to treat him like the boss respectfully and cautiously. Thus, like some of you mentioned, I don't see any reason for ML to be comparing GTY with her father in that conversation. She did compare GTY with SH when she was talking about his children. 

I might be wrong and the writers are really referring to SH... :D :D :D 

The way ML is acting right now is according to Grandma's teaching and suitable for a main wife at that time. It's not just about SH or QH, bc they are the men representing the era, and that was how most men would act. ML is being realistic. I'm sure at the moment she cares deeply and trust GTY, she just doesn't believe his love could last. And I don't blame her. Anyone could change and any love could fade away. Men can be ruthless when they no longer care. ML and GTY are not in an equal relationship. GTY is the one in power and ML is dependent on him. He could walk away anytime without consequences while ML would lose everything. Even in the modern era I don't believe love could last, not to mention the period when men could have multiple women. I think viewers are romanticized their relationship too much and hoping they would act like in modern times but that is impossible. ML is feeling insecure bc of her status and position and she is basically living under GTY's protection so she's trying not to be demanding of GTY. GTY has big love for her now but she is afraid if she spends it luxuriously it will worn out. Her thoughts are very logical and exactly what I would be thinking if I were her.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@valsava

" We need.....our fellow historian to fill us in on this..

With regards to the green wedding dress, I believe that the question had been answer

"I remember when I watch Yi San several years back the colors of there place was also a part of the colors of the palace in China being that Korea was supposed to be the mother state to China or something of that nature.. "

The colours for Korean palaces & Buddhist temples known as Dancheong (단청,丹青)  built during the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392) & later Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) were influences from the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127) architect Li Jie (李誡 1065-1110) which were known as "Painting & Decoration of the Song Style" (宋式彩畫) in which the drama era is based

For your information, I am not following this drama therefore have no knowledge on the on-goings

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

The way ML is acting right now is according to Grandma's teaching and suitable for a main wife at that time. It's not just about SH or QH, bc they are the men representing the era, and that was how most men would act. ML is being realistic. I'm sure at the moment she cares deeply and trust GTY, she just doesn't believe his love could last. And I don't blame her. Anyone could change and any love could fade away. Men can be ruthless when they no longer care. ML and GTY are not in an equal relationship. GTY is the one in power and ML is dependent on him. He could walk away anytime without consequences while ML would lose everything. Even in the modern era I don't believe love could last, not to mention the period when men could have multiple women. I think viewers are romanticized their relationship too much and hoping they would act like in modern times but that is impossible. ML is feeling insecure bc of her status and position and she is basically living under GTY's protection so she's trying not to be demanding of GTY. GTY has big love for her now but she is afraid if she spends it luxuriously it will worn out. Her thoughts are very logical and exactly what I would be thinking if I were her.

Of course there must be a long lasting love... Or else there is no point in authoring the novel or producing the drama, just to give a conclusion that the male lead and female didn't fell in love but they live comfortably with each other. It doesn't make sense. Eventhough you maybe right at that era love is not important, but we are talking about the unique and lucky couple who fell in love after facing hardships and difficulties. And i like fairytale and happy ending. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Of course there must be a long lasting love... Or else there is no point in authoring the novel or producing the drama, just to give a conclusion that the male lead and female didn't fell in love but they live comfortably with each other. It doesn't make sense. Eventhough you maybe right at that era love is not important, but we are talking about the unique and lucky couple who fell in love after facing hardships and difficulties. And i like fairytale and happy ending. 

I'm just saying this is what happens from ML's POV at the moment. Of course they will have happy ending but it takes time and patience. Besides, it's ok for her to loves and trusts GTY but still reserves sth for herself. But that's not how things usually go in romance dramas.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1