Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

The drama bypasses GTY's first wife then the screenwriter will have to change a large part of the plot, since in the book the first wife's family played a big role in the main schemes against ML and GTY in the later part of the story.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say, all this scheming from jealous other women (and men) is getting a bit tiring.  This is such an over done plot in every single C-drama, always using these jealous 2D stock characters to make the main couple look good.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
10 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

No one in this kingdom is reliable.

He is a good man and takes care of me.

This is great

but it’s best not to place too much hopes on him.

Everyone has their predicaments.

Even if you are to put your hopes, don’t make it too much or too deep.

The more hopes you have, the more disappointed you will be.

Once there are too much disappointments, you’ll develop grudges.

Once you bear these grudges all your life, you’ll develop hatred and your days will become unbearable to live.

 

 

I love everything that ML said. She has such profound insight I almost believed it is Buddha speaking to me telling me, All life is suffering, suffering is caused by attachments. Lol 

But ML is not Buddha and she doesn’t know what the future will bring. 

Her views may sound pessimistic or untrusting to others but I believe she is someone that doesn’t live for the moment. Because she is like this she understands the ups and downs of life. This is why she is strong minded and if ever a catastrophe falls on her/family. She will be able to pick herself/family back up. This is why I believe she is perfect match to GTY whom I believe is more suspicious of others. 

I think that GTY and ML both misunderstand each other. Their days are long. Patience, prudence, and good communication is all they need and the rest will follow...

If GTY wants to prove that ML is wrong and that he will only love her and will be loyal to her no matter what. Then he best take those words she spoke to heart. You can give and show but don’t expect and put too much hopes on her that it becomes unbearable and you start to resent her. ML is the woman he will share the rest of his life with. He needs to take things one step at a time and not overwhelm her.... The good things he can do/give to her, as long as he stays true to himself will be reciprocated in the long run without asking/expecting. ML is afterall not Buddha or a Saint no matter how hard she tries to be she will notice his efforts... 

 

I loved her insight on that too. 

But it's also quite sad because we could see GTY was also quite sad. 

But it seemed the show indicated that she is the way she is because of the dad, as the maid pointed out that she seems to be talking about the dad instead. 

Good point about GTY should take note tho. Don't expect too much in return...

I do think you're right. They are both misunderstood, misaligned slightly. 

But it's still early days for them. They have a solid foundation to build on, so with time, trials and tribulations, they will get there...

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, deslynn88 said:

I gotta say, all this scheming from jealous other women (and men) is getting a bit tiring.  This is such an over done plot in every single C-drama, always using these jealous 2D stock characters to make the main couple look good.

 

Then dont watch this type of drama?

 

 

Also im not sure what GTY was trying to say during the rain scene ,im not sure what he wanted or why he was annoyed there. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, m0us3y said:
  Hide contents

 

I loved her insight on that too. 

But it's also quite sad because we could see GTY was also quite sad. 

But it seemed the show indicated that she is the way she is because of the dad, as the maid pointed out that she seems to be talking about the dad instead. 

Good point about GTY should take note tho. Don't expect too much in return...

I do think you're right. They are both misunderstood, misaligned slightly. 

But it's still early days for them. They have a solid foundation to build on, so with time, trials and tribulations, they will get there...

 

What i didnt like is when ML says something like that she must treat GTY like he's him ( her dad ). GTY and her dad are completely different person. Not all men are the same but yea i understand why ML is like this but its still upsetting.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the preview, it seems like the stabbing of GTY will happen soon. In one scene GTY said to ML that MN wants him for another night. And the next scene when GTY was talking to ML, he has a bandage with blood across his chest. 

Reckon MN tried to stab him during their "night" together. 

And MN gets thrown into the storeroom?

  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In episode 44 ED plots to bring the downfall of GTY because he is loyal and the most intelligent among the trusted aides of the new emperor.She might be the reason behind GTY  being jailed.The troubles come from all direction for ML and GTY without a breather. :(

I love their playful banter it balances the kitchen and palace politics well.

 

QH seemed to be pretty miffed with GTY. Didn't  even speak to him when they met at the palace corridors..

Manniang and ED 's sinister schemes, Marquis title up for grabs..the plot thickens from all sides.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

From the preview, it seems like the stabbing of GTY will happen soon. In one scene GTY said to ML that MN wants him for another night. And the next scene when GTY was talking to ML, he has a bandage with blood across his chest. 

Reckon MN tried to stab him during their "night" together. 

And MN gets thrown into the storeroom?

What GTY and that girl MN doing for their night???? 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

Then dont watch this type of drama?

 

 

Also im not sure what GTY was trying to say during the rain scene ,im not sure what he wanted or why he was annoyed there. 

It's actually nothing, it was just a lovey dovey scene.. Nothing much intended there but we all are just over seeing that scene.. GTY was just being sulky and childish over the matter and when ML said she will do better, he was like that's not why I'm angry.. So it's just a normal scene of GTY and ML's lovely and teasing side

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

What GTY and that girl MN doing for their night???? 

MN said GTY should be with her for another night and that's how she will tell him about his son.. But GTY and ML plans to trick her into saying it while pretending as if she will actually spend the night with him 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

MN said GTY should be with her for another night and that's how she will tell him about his son.. But GTY and ML plans to trick her into saying it while pretending as if she will actually spend the night with him 

Ohhhhhh oh my god. And i here thinking dirty wtf. I knew GTY wouldnt do that with her too cus he loves ML. I just dont know why my brain is like this yikes. Lol you guys are smart and know how to use the right words to describe things, i always feel dumb in these threads. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's hard to find this type of drama where female lead turn out to be in spotlight  , how she uses her witting/cleverness to rules out all the unforseen plan from her path..
--------------------
tumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo1_500.giftumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo2_500.giftumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo3_500.gif
 

get yourself a man like this

tumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo4_500.gif
 
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

What i didnt like is when ML says something like that she must treat GTY like he's him ( her dad ). GTY and her dad are completely different person. Not all men are the same but yea i understand why ML is like this but its still upsetting.

More sad than upset for me really. 

Does show she's still wary of everyone...

Having said that, I can see her pov tho. 

GTY has his flaws. He's unbridled, and could be temperamental. 

And ML is still trying to figure him out. 

We see there are a few times ML actually asked "are you mad?". 

Like the raining scene, until the end, she still doesn't know what he wants...

So as much as GTY is upset that she's not telling him everything and he told her he can't read her, the same can be said for ML. 

She's also still learning to read him. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Ohhhhhh oh my god. And i here thinking dirty wtf. I knew GTY wouldnt do that with her too cus he loves ML. Lol you guys are smart and know how to use the right words to describe things, i always feel dumb in these threads

Hahaha... ML was also afraid that if he spends the night with her, she will ask another thing or plan something else as MN is very schemy.. Let's hope their plan won't fail 

5 minutes ago, MarJo_Lei said:
It's hard to find this type of drama where female lead turn out to be in spotlight  , how the she uses her wittiness and cleverness to rules out all the unforseen plan from her path..
--------------------
tumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo1_500.giftumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo2_500.giftumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo3_500.gif
 

get yourself a man like this

tumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo4_500.gif
 

I love this scene, it was full of understanding from both of them.. I need to be a string willed woman like minglan and have a dedicated and loving man like GTY

  • Like 3
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

More sad than upset for me really. 

Does show she's still wary of everyone...

Having said that, I can see her pov tho. 

GTY has his flaws. He's unbridled, and could be temperamental. 

And ML is still trying to figure him out. 

We see there are a few times ML actually asked "are you mad?". 

Like the raining scene, until the end, she still doesn't know what he wants...

So as much as GTY is upset that she's not telling him everything and he told her he can't read her, the same can be said for ML. 

She's also still learning to read him. 

Just want them to be happy :wub:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

From the preview, it seems like the stabbing of GTY will happen soon. In one scene GTY said to ML that MN wants him for another night. And the next scene when GTY was talking to ML, he has a bandage with blood across his chest. 

Reckon MN tried to stab him during their "night" together. 

And MN gets thrown into the storeroom?

The outfit both GTY and Maniang has on matches the stabbing scene so that may be right.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

Just want them to be happy :wub:

Me too. 

It's heartbreaking to see the rift between them. But I reckon it's even more heartwarming to see how they can rise above it all, and finally love, rely, respect and protect each other. As equals. 

 

PS. U are hilarious in thinking GTY will sleep with MN again. :lol: 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to Ep 44-45 w/Eng subs:

 

Well, I wanted to see them married and living happily together.  Just not so much.  All the household blather:  servants, properties, servants fighting, aye-yi-yi.  It's a lot. 

 

And WHAT IS UP w/the pesky step-mother-in-law dropping by whenever to give orders?  Can't she just stay home?  Can't we all just get along?  

 

Moral of the story:  watch what you wish for, you could get it.

 

Let's move the story along, enough household drudgery.  

  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Hahaha... ML was also afraid that if he spends the night with her, she will ask another thing or plan something else as MN is very schemy.. Let's hope their plan won't fail 

I love this scene, it was full of understanding from both of them.. I need to be a string willed woman like minglan and have a dedicated and loving man like GTY

I think the plan didn't work. It seems that there's a scene where ML actually speak to MN and swear that they won't harm her as long as she tells where the son is but she refuses?

And then it seems like ML suggested to let MN go because it might lead to the son's whereabouts when she looks for the son? 

Not sure my understanding is correct. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, m0us3y said:

I think the plan didn't work. It seems that there's a scene where ML actually speak to MN and swear that they won't harm her as long as she tells where the son is but she refuses?

And then it seems like ML suggested to let MN go because it might lead to the son's whereabouts when she looks for the son? 

Not sure my understanding is correct. 

 

I think Maniang (MN) blackmailed to become concubine and spend one night with GTY to get pregnant again...haha :P GTY told ML that he would trick MN to believe that she will get her wish so that she will tell him where the son is. ML told GTY that this Zhu Maniang is very conniving, now she is requesting to be with him one night but she might continue to ask one request after another, her requests will be never ending and she can't be trusted. It seems GTY went along with his plan of pretending to give MN's requests. When MN realized that she has been tricked and GTY would not touch her, she stabbed him and she was thrown into storage room. ML went to speak with MN saying that she would treat Chan'er (the son) well, swearing on her dead mother, she asked MN to tell her where he is. However, MN calls ML little b...and tells her to go look for the son underneath the ground (meaning the son is dead).

 

I can't believe how lowly and wicked MN is.  She is even jealous of her own daughter having a good life living comfortably with her father Hou Ye at Hou Fu (I guess oldest brother already died and GTY is Marquis when Maniang was brought back). She accused her daughter of living in comfort while she was wandering around poor. The daughter said she doesn’t mind living at the mountain or village with her. Ma Niang then told her daughter why she needs to leave, she wants the daughter to live with ML so that she can be reminded to ML that she wasn’t born of ML but of her Maniang. She wants ML to get angry everytime she sees the daughter and ML can no longer pretend to be well-behaved, virtuous aristocratic woman. When Rong'er asked her about her brother, however, MN also said he is dead. It is very obvious she is having the kids just to manipulate and hold on to GTY via them. She doesn't really love her children at all!!

  • Like 10
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...