Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

6 hours ago, lilkat75 said:

Last few episodes, all the leads facing so much trouble :tears: 

A question for the book readers...

Hide contents

In the drama, QH's mother uses the pearls to have ML become QH's 'sister' thus rejecting any prospect of a marriage between the two. I know in the book, she also does this but when both ML and QH are much younger. So how does QH's mother prevent QH later in the book when QH and ML are older? 

6 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:
  Hide contents

I think by then ML has already moved on to GTY but i could be wrong. I bet his mother really regret's it later on if only she let him marry ML . 

Actually QH's mom did consider ML sometime later. Qi family's situation became a bit precarious during the power struggle between the 2 princes. One of the prince led a military coup and was defeated. Every official, family, or person connected to him were killed off or came under scrutiny. Qi family was somewhat indirectly connected to him...I think the princess who came to the Polo match was connected to the prince and they were trying to make a match between her and QH...or they were already married....I can't remember.

QH's dad talked about their situation with his mom told her maybe we should think about that Sheng girl. QH's mom replied we can't anymore. Sheng family have already chosen someone. He Hongwen was in the picture by then. 

Another reason she refused was Sheng family had been steadily rising in status. Even Wang family, Da Niang's family had gained more power with the turn of events. So they might not accept due to the risky position of Qi family.   

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

In our time, what ML did may not be in line with leading him on, but back in those days? The girl said dont go after me, but then accepted his gift and also give him a gift 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@zenya22  Well said chingu on GTY's personality. clap-cheetah-emoticon.gifclap-cheetah-emoticon.gif  I couldn't find any fault in GTY, actually I liked his character very much. He seemed to be a man who love knowledge , smart and not a snob. I  especially loved his answer on who had the right to inherit the family businesss (it was the episode where he was dying to know Ming Lan's answer).  One reason I fell hard for this character is because he didn't have an easy life, his entire family hate him, his family is his enemy and all the man wanted was love. Can you imagine living in a household where everyone hated you and did everything they can to destroy you.  It seems I was hoping that his father toward the end felt sorry for how he raised him but it looks like even in the end, his father never loved him.  

When you think about GTY had a more pitiful life then ML by quite alot he really never had any love unless we count fake step mum.. everyone else hated him and tarnished him . ML was lucky to have grandma while GTY really had no-one. 

1 hour ago, tomo74 said:

Does anyone know why manniang only took her son (not both or none) when she run away? is it because the son isn't GTY biological son? or she has another motive? she cried in the bedroom and suddenly she stopped like she got lightbulb idea then the scene was cut 

Easy to raise just one, Son is worth alot and can be a way back to GTY's house. 

1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

Yes they are yin and yang.... The best relationship is when you compliment each other not just with similarities but with differences and help make each other to be better person.... My impression of GTY is a responsible and loyal man. 

FSF acting when he exploded telling Manniangs to GTHO of his life was so raw and I got emotional.... His acting was very well dilivered. I could feel the pain of the betrayal on top of what happened prior. I sort of felt bad for Manniang but felt even sad for the kids... 

I did not feel bad for Manniang i feel bad for the kids but she can burn in a fire for all i care.

1 hour ago, dito said:

Actually QH's mom did consider ML sometime later. Qi family's situation became a bit precarious during the power struggle between the 2 princes. One of the prince led a military coup and was defeated. Every official, family, or person connected to him were killed off or came under scrutiny. Qi family was somewhat indirectly connected to him...I think the princess who came to the Polo match was connected to the prince and they were trying to make a match between her and QH...or they were already married....I can't remember.

QH's dad talked about their situation with his mom told her maybe we should think about that Sheng girl. QH's mom replied we can't anymore. Sheng family have already chosen someone. He Hongwen was in the picture by then. 

Another reason she refused was Sheng family had been steadily rising in status. Even Wang family, Da Niang's family had gained more power with the turn of events. So they might not accept due to the risky position of Qi family.   

Karma a richard simmons that is all i can say.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, minoku2209 said:

More pics on Minglan new poster

ML doing archery?? CQ much?? :wub:

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

In our time, what ML did may not be in line with leading him on, but back in those days? The girl said dont go after me, but then accepted his gift and also give him a gift 

Exactly i cant help but laugh at her act of not liking him but showing him attention. 

Just now, m0us3y said:
  Hide contents

ML doing archery?? CQ much?? :wub:

I knew Princess Agents sequel would come ;'o xd 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I did not feel bad for Manniang i feel bad for the kids but she can burn in a fire for all i care.

I'm with you on this one! 

Been waiting for her fake pretentious thing to be discovered and get kicked out! 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

When you think about GTY had a more pitiful life then ML by quite alot he really never had any love unless we count fake step mum.. everyone else hated him and tarnished him . ML was lucky to have grandma while GTY really had no-one. 

Easy to raise just one, Son is worth alot and can be a way back to GTY's house. 

The kids were well off without manniang. She was an irresponsible mother. In order to reveal her existence to Gu family, she lets the daughter loose onto the street alone . 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, m0us3y said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm with you on this one! 

Been waiting for her fake pretentious thing to be discovered and get kicked out! 

I hate fake people so damn much especially over just clear cut they get my blood boiling. 

5 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The kids were well off without manniang. She was an irresponsible mother. In order to reveal her existence to Gu family, she lets the daughter loose onto the street alone . 

Spoiler

Luckily the daughter gets ML's love im pretty sure. 

• Like 4

Just now, leeza77 said:

It seems to me that the kids are just pawns for her. Take them out to get sympathy, throw them out to ruin GTY marriage prospect. 

That's the role of the kids in her grand scheme of things I reckon. Prolly also hope to enter the Gu Family since she has a Gu son. 

She's worse than concubine Lin. At least Concubine Lin plotted for the daughter! 

So frustrating watching her con and play GTY around, while he does everything with her in consideration. And he wouldn't even listen to Nanny and ML who kept telling him that Manniang is not a keeper! 

Hence I'm really pleased that he finally see her true face and kick her out! 

These 2 incidents, GTY's discovery of the stepmom being a two face woman, and now Manniang also been a fake all these while, hopefully makes him a better judge of character. 

I also felt this is one reason why he'd like ML to live as herself, without having to put her mask on...

PS. Any feeling of dejavu when GTY and the docs he found were refused entry into the house?...

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Exactly i cant help but laugh at her act of not liking him but showing him attention. 

My take is Mang Lin's nature.. he gifted her with those pen, so likewise she gave him a present.

She did this gesture to GTY too, the fish porridge when his father died, as he once helped her when her late mum needed a doctor.

• Like 6

ZLY/Minglan looks so cute with bangs. :lol:

FSF/GTY should keep the facial hair. 

I think concubine Lin is worst than manniang for right now. Yes, Manniang is a gold digger and a liar and her using her kids as a pawn is no different from all the other families. But Concubine Lin is a two faced, gold digger, liar, murderer, manipulating psycho. I can’t stand her and her daughter Molan. She doesn’t really care about her kids either she just uses them to elevate herself... I can see why Big Madam wants to get rid of her and hates her to the bones. LOL Right now GTY step mom, Concubine Lin, Molan is most annoying.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

Hmm I don’t see the difference in our time. I guess it depends on the individual. If I were in Minglan situation I wouldn’t be rude to the guy just because I don’t want him to bother me. Especially if I know he is a good person I would feel bad... Unless he is a creep that totally disgust me. Lol She did the right thing of not confronting him at first but trying to avoid him but QYH got more cheeky and found ways to meet her. :w00t: So she had no choice but to break it to him at the temple but that was not good enough. 

I believe it is in her nature to pay back kindness whatever it is because that’s what she learned from her mother. When her mom told her to give GTY the knee pads I think is example of it? But, QYH doesn’t know a thing about her and her past that is why her repayment of gift feels like she is expecting more from him. :w00t:

Just as like and love is a strong word so is don’t like and hate. She can’t say these strong words to him because he is not a bad person. I can’t explain it well but I don’t think she intentionally wanted to lead him on that’s why she hid the knee pad and when he caught her she kept denying it was from her. But I agree she should’ve not made the knee pad for him in the first place even if she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart. That’s why she seems ashamed when her granny reminded her not to get tangled with him yet she did something she shouldn’t have.

• Like 9

After watching ep 19/20 with subs...really feel sorry for GTY;when his father died Im already into it, my tears almost dropping;but with stepmoms words,added by the annoying brod. My tears literarry backed off:tounge_xd: Im just so frustrated with her;my blood is boiling while watching that scence:naughty:...and that useless brother; why isnt he the one to cough blood and died since he keeps on coughing:naughty:...

And to maniang; she should be added to the lin courtyard since they all get along in terms of acting pitifullness...as if she cared about the twins...once a gold digger will always be a gold digger will do everything/any evil scemes from tooth to tooth.....cant wait for her ending....but as of now; Im just going to prepare myself for more of her evilness...I know..theres more...

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Spoiler

I think the previews are suggesting that we’re going to get to see QH’s emotional breakdown from the trailers soon??  This week has had a lot of intense scenes.

• Like 2

does any one Know 

Spoiler

question: in ep 21 who was it that GTY rescued in the forest? Just wondering if this is the start of his connection to the royal family?? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

Hmm I don’t see the difference in our time. I guess it depends on the individual. If I were in Minglan situation I wouldn’t be rude to the guy just because I don’t want him to bother me. Especially if I know he is a good person I would feel bad... Unless he is a creep that totally disgust me. Lol She did the right thing of not confronting him at first but trying to avoid him but QYH got more cheeky and found ways to meet her. :w00t: So she had no choice but to break it to him at the temple but that was not good enough. 

I believe it is in her nature to pay back kindness whatever it is because that’s what she learned from her mother. When her mom told her to give GTY the knee pads I think is example of it? But, QYH doesn’t know a thing about her and her past that is why her repayment of gift feels like she is expecting more from him. :w00t:

Just as like and love is a strong word so is don’t like and hate. She can’t say these strong words to him because he is not a bad person. I can’t explain it well but I don’t think she intentionally wanted to lead him on that’s why she hid the knee pad and when he caught her she kept denying it was from her. But I agree she should’ve not made the knee pad for him in the first place even if she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart. That’s why she seems ashamed when her granny reminded her not to get tangled with him yet she did something she shouldn’t have.

I guess leading is a tad too strong, might be better to say giving hope? Maybe ML too deep down still have a shimmer of hope of a miracle that they could go against all odds. I just think that seeing what she’s capable of (scheming against both da niang and concubine lin, and totally defeated manniang) if she dead set on rejecting QH, QH might be already drinking and drowning his sorrow somewhere LOL 

I’m just mad at how good ZYL is at potraying love fool QH, he makes me want to yell at ML to just lie to him and say I like someone else!!! Leave me alone!!  :w00t:

58 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

does any one Know 

Hide contents

question: in ep 21 who was it that GTY rescued in the forest? Just wondering if this is the start of his connection to the royal family?? 

Spoiler

I think someone here mentioned army generals?

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

Hide contents

I think someone here mentioned army generals?

I have to say that after GTY and ML scenes together, I am getting impatient of seeing them together more.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

does any one Know 

Hide contents

Spoiler

The guy saved by GTY is the next emperor. Of course nobody knows at that time. The current emperor has no kids and too old to have another one, therefore he has to chose one from his relatives to be his adopted son and the heir. So ambitious members from the royal families are scheming on getting rid of their rivals. At old times, not so direct royal families were not allowed to stay in the capital. Some remote family lines have to even work on their own for living, like this General Zhao serving as a low rank officer in the army. Nobody think about that he will be the one laughing in the end even himself. GTY enlisted in the army and will be his right hand man soon, helping him up to the throne. Yes, GTY will be back to the capital with the favor of the new emperor and fames. hahaha. I can’t wait to see the faces of his family. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2