Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Clearly the bro doesn't know how much effort GTY put in to marry his wife. 

And he would have no idea what an ally ML is to have.

Don't you dare touch ML. Tsk tsk 

• Like 9

Actually, who's Nanny Cui? The lady who woke ML up on the morning after marriage, and then she came to rush her when 5th aunt was here to visit. 

She called ML 'miss' so I assume she followed her from Sheng Family. But I don't think she was serving ML before she got married?

She seems strict, but clearly on ML's side, cautioning her about the 5th aunt and all. 

I also thought it's funny that ML is such a sleepy head, and always overslept or sleeping in, and sooo cute to see GTY spoiling her, letting her sleep in and not having to wake up, following customs, to greet the elders etc.

Especially when Nanny Cui keeps asking ML to wake up, and she kept saying "but GTY said I can sleep some more!"

• Like 9

She does seem to really enjoy being with him first time I seen some real laughs from her :heart:

• Like 11

Yes they seem very happy and they enjoy each other. The only thing is he keeps asking if she is jealous, if she cares and she always tries to give him the right dutiful answer and it is not what he wants. He needs to give her time and for now he does. but the roots of their issues are there and it’s bittersweet because nobody is wrong from their perspective  

• Like 12

traveler cute cat

tumblr_plnztgR6Fa1vj9tigo6_r1_540.gif

tumblr_plojxuc4SP1vj9tigo2_r1_540.giftumblr_plojxuc4SP1vj9tigo6_r1_540.giftumblr_plnztgR6Fa1vj9tigo4_r1_540.giftumblr_plnztgR6Fa1vj9tigo5_r1_540.gif

The Story of Ming Lan, ep.40

This woman should only be present in the heaven. It would be rare to see one in this mortal world.”

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

This is why I can't like Qh he is always directly or indirectly causing harm to Minglan. Instead of throwing away the dolls like he should, he kept them. Now his wife has found them and she tried to make trouble for Minglan. Jeez dude. I really wish his role was like that in the books. I have grown very tired of QH.

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, fra8 said:

Yes they seem very happy and they enjoy each other. The only thing is he keeps asking if she is jealous, if she cares and she always tries to give him the right dutiful answer and it is not what he wants. He needs to give her time and for now he does. but the roots of their issues are there and it’s bittersweet because nobody is wrong from their perspective  

Her answer is so correct it hurts him I feel. 

He probably knows she's still cautious with him. But she does really care for him and his well-being and genuinely care for Rong'er, and he knows that too. 

55 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

She does seem to really enjoy being with him first time I seen some real laughs from her :heart:

I concur! I've never seen her so happy before. Even when she was down after being scolded by SH, GTY has the ability to lift her up and make her laugh again. That's so heartwarming:wub:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Yahh..and I love the way she addressed him,My General Gu:love:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

Yahh..and I love the way she addressed him,My General Gu:love:

It seems like she just calls him whatever she likes! I still don't really know what she should call him actually.

What should she be calling him anyway? 

And GTY calls her my little fox..and now he's gonna get a white fluffy sheep skin and drape on her so she looks like a docile lamb! :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

Actually, who's Nanny Cui? The lady who woke ML up on the morning after marriage, and then she came to rush her when 5th aunt was here to visit. 

She called ML 'miss' so I assume she followed her from Sheng Family. But I don't think she was serving ML before she got married?

She seems strict, but clearly on ML's side, cautioning her about the 5th aunt and all. 

I also thought it's funny that ML is such a sleepy head, and always overslept or sleeping in, and sooo cute to see GTY spoiling her, letting her sleep in and not having to wake up, following customs, to greet the elders etc.

Especially when Nanny Cui keeps asking ML to wake up, and she kept saying "but GTY said I can sleep some more!"

Grandma talked about Nanny Cui’s husband the night before Minglan’s wedding. He is in charge of managing the farm outside the city that ML was given as part of her dowry. Grandma said that they would go with her after her marriage

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Grandma talked about Nanny Cui’s husband the night before Minglan’s wedding. He is in charge of managing the farm outside the city that ML was given as part of her dowry. Grandma said that they would go with her after her marriage

So she was pretty much just given to her when she got married?

Was she actually the one who granny asked to guard ML's place when ML was heartbroken earlier from QH's mom action?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@leeza77 My guess he wants his wife a child protected and wife still to carry the title of his,, He got a lot of nerve. Why should he become Father to his niece.. I'm sure GTY and ML would see to it that she marries well.. Some widows were sent back to there family homes back then so she could re-marry out and yet she's trying to cling on to her title.. I don't know who is the worst her or evil Mdm.. She was so worried about GTY taking her husbands title when it was his to begin with.. Now to marry the same brother she help plot against not thinking ahead when her husband past what kind of safety net she or her husband has in plan for them.. GTY should them both to kick cans.. How dare they suggest to divorce his wife unbelievable.. It's sounds to me that his wife is and opportunist use the title to force him to divorce and she gets to keep her position.. Why even stay with the GU's when she don't have a son any way.. This is the time to run to the border away from all this crazy mess but yet she wants to stay because of a title get real will ya.. I wouldn't be suprised if step mom had those servants feeding her something that may have caused her not to get pregnant ever again.. 

@ForgottenSoulx  She found those dolls that QH had for him and ML.. Both initials or nanes were on the very bottom of the porcelin dolls which he had pck away very nicely..

Spoiler

Do you mean the brother asked him to marry his wife after his death in order fot gty to inherit the title.. Thus, ml has to be divorced/separated? But, the title sh. be gty's after his death automatically 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, m0us3y said:

she was form sheng family bestowed by dear grandma one of her trusted one

• Like 6

Spoiler

So GTY knows ML is holding back and doesn't fully trust him..:(

It's sad for GTY because he truly loves her and want her to be carefree, happy and be able to rely on him. 

It's also so sad for ML that despite all that he has done, at the back of her head, she's afraid that she would have nothing if she totally relies on him, and then his love for her fades, which is more common than not in the era where they have multiple women. 

Can't blame either of them feeling and behaving the way they did...

• Like 5

10 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I'm sorry @matrim But are we watching the same drama.   Did you not hear what GTY said.. GTY knew if he went and ask SH for ML hand in marriage he would have flatly turned him down regardless to his status because SH was more concerned of his own status.. He wanted them to marry scholars and doctors to hold his own head up high and not having Son In Laws status above his.. Only this way he could still feel the need to walk with his head up high wanting to be the Big Kuhuna.. (In other words even if my sht stink it should still smell like roses to you) SH didn't care if any of those girls got educated.. It was Granny that push him to educate her.. Also for ML marriage he wouldn't have cared if she married a beggar in the streets.. He just didn't care about ML at all period..       

Firstly, by getting SH's daughters a good education I mean when they were taught for several years by Mr. Zhuang, a famous scholar along with their brothers, QH and later GTY. What Kong Momo taught them was very important for ladies but it hardly count as a good education in normal sense. As for SH's words, if I remember correctly GTY only said SH loved his honor more than his wife and children, he didn't say he would turn down GTY's proposal flatly. For a civil official, family honor and reputation was vital politically, so it's natural for SH to place honor above family affection, and that's why he got livid when he discovered Molan and RL's love affairs. He even tried to kill RL, hoping in this way to redeem family honor. Once the honor and family reputation got ruined, his career was then finished, so were his family prospects. For SH ignoring ML's marriage, I wouldn't say so. He knew ML was actually brought up by Grandma, so it's up to her to decide ML's marriage. Finally, I didn't say SH was a good father, only a reasonably good father, for he fulfilled his duty as a father reasonably well like I stated before, but failed in treating them fairly and hurt their feelings. And I did mention a prerequisite: judging from the standard at that time. I feel it's not quite right to judge a character in a period drama without considering the historical context. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, doubleicon said:

This is why I can't like Qh he is always directly or indirectly causing harm to Minglan. Instead of throwing away the dolls like he should, he kept them. Now his wife has found them and she tried to make trouble for Minglan. Jeez dude. I really wish his role was like that in the books. I have grown very tired of QH.

@doubleicon  I think it should be GTY to get QH and wife together and have him to check her regardless to if he kept the dolls are not.. It's not her place to go tattle tale to her Aunt in-laws before checking out with the circumstances was.. Instead of trying to stir up trouble in someone else home.. My guess is she knows she can't compete with the beauty of ML and being that ML and GTY is the talk of the town and yet for these two stay home and mind there own business it's people like her that's making it there business to mind ML and GTY business.. The Ex jealous wife hasn't thought about if her action was to cause ML and GTY to part from one another what will her husband do since she can't recieve all of his heart.. Did she really not know before hand that he had a love interest.. It's not ML fault if he hasn't let go nor is she the one thats keeping and old flame burning being that she's married to someone else.. 

3 hours ago, m0us3y said:

It seems like she just calls him whatever she likes! I still don't really know what she should call him actually.

What should she be calling him anyway? 

@m0us3y  Proud Ruffin Comes To mind..  :w00t:

Do anyone I have clue to when she'll be preggo..?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Do you mean the brother asked him to marry his wife after his death in order fot gty to inherit the title.. Thus, ml has to be divorced/separated? But, the title sh. be gty's after his death automatically 

@leeza77  From what I read he ask him to divorce ML to protect his wife and child..

@matrim  With SH character you need to read between the lines.. Outside the hime and to the public he's a good person inside the home he's the worst person ever.. If you think about it he's no different then GTY evil step mom both always trying tio save there faces and that they do no wrong..

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@leeza77  From what I read he ask him to divorce ML to protect his wife and child..

Spoiler

Protect his wife from what or whom? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So GTY knows ML is holding back and doesn't fully trust him..:(

It's sad for GTY because he truly loves her and want her to be carefree, happy and be able to rely on him. 

It's also so sad for ML that despite all that he has done, at the back of her head, she's afraid that she would have nothing if she totally relies on him, and then his love for her fades, which is more common than not in the era where they have multiple women. 

Can't blame either of them feeling and behaving the way they did...

I think subconsciously, ML might still resent GTY's trickery in getting her. That's maybe part of the reason she didn't trust him completely. As a Shu daughter she experienced all those adversities which taught her to be cautious and not expect too much. She loved GTY with her mind, not her whole heart. It's neither her fault nor his, as they spent too short a time together to really know each other. They needed to face hardships together to deepen their mutual understanding and overcome the emotional barrier.      

• Like 7