Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

Spoiler

Last night games of households:

Ml v Auntie 1= Ml won

Ml v Kang Auntie=Ml won

Ml v Auntie 2=Ml won

Our general was excellent 

And tonight looking forward for another round of battle of spies and stepmom. Ha ha

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Last night games of households:

Ml v Auntie 1= Ml won

Ml v Kang Auntie=Ml won

Ml v Auntie 2=Ml won

Our general was excellent 

And tonight looking forward for another round of battle of spies and stepmom. Ha ha

 

 

I'm so looking forward to watch them!! 

 

I love how GTY just let her do whatever she wants, spoiling her (from all the previews). He truly lives up to his declaration of saying "what my wife wants, she gets". 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched till Ep 40 with subs. I understand that Rulan has gotten married as well. I wished they had shown a few scenes of her wedding as well. If Molan could dress up, we really should have seen Rulan as well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Last night games of households:

Ml v Auntie 1= Ml won

Ml v Kang Auntie=Ml won

Ml v Auntie 2=Ml won

Our general was excellent 

And tonight looking forward for another round of battle of spies and stepmom. Ha ha

 

 

:thumbsup: love the scoreline.GTY's stepmom got a nice taste of getting caught in her own scheme.GTY gave her quite the headache now she has to face ML too.:lol:.Life will be one with perpetual migraine for her.

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lxands said:

I think CB genuinely care for Minglan as much as Rulan despite having different mother. When GTY said he's interested to marry one of the Sheng girls, CB asked him directly which one but GTY reply in general manner. CB told him clearly, ML's marriage matter is out of his parents hand, let alone his, but since GTY still ask for his help, he assumed it must be RL since he still cud convince his parents to accept GTY. GTY also gave vague abt wanting a di daughter as his wife, dunno if CB knew that ML has been registered under his mother's line or it might slip his mind abt it...of cos now we know GTY purposedly confused CB by implying RL when he truly wants ML...

@lxands  Chingu , CB is truly a saint because he thinks Rulan is beautiful , which makes him very sweet but I do wonder if he thinks Ming Lan is beautiful. At least the Father had to point out that GTY was asking for Ming Lan not Rulan. 

Chingu's  I love the way Rulan expressed the meaning of true love. The list of reason why she love Brother Jin was sweet and I think toward the end of the drama or before will realized that Rulan truly knew the meaning of love. :wub::wub::wub:

@m0us3y OMG!!! I love what he does for her, powder her face, let her sleep in, take care of her once she wakes, gives her whatever she wants. When I see him do this, I just want to SCREAM at Ming Lan in a friendly way and say "  GIRL !! GTY LOVES YOU , HE IS IN LOVE WITH YOU AND HE HIMSELF HASN'T REALIZED THAT YET OR HE HAS". Shitou knows his master is in love

  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I'm so looking forward to watch them!! 

 

I love how GTY just let her do whatever she wants, spoiling her (from all the previews). He truly lives up to his declaration of saying "what my wife wants, she gets". 

Yes, and he is happy if his wife is named a tigress bcoz of that...and ml doesn't mind to be called such....Aummmm:lol: ml is no longer a pig that eating a tiger but she has transformed to a tigress. Go go girl.. ML VERSION 2.0 WITH SOFTWARE UPGRADED BY GU & CO. 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, paras said:

Watched till Ep 40 with subs. I understand that Rulan has gotten married as well. I wished they had shown a few scenes of her wedding as well. If Molan could dress up, we really should have seen Rulan as well.

 

RL's wedding would be anti-climatic visually after the grand affair that was ML.

 

For me, it was enough to see she was happy. And it was great that they genuinely bonded after Molan left the house and sisterly bond continued after marriage.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if this drama have more than 1 osts. So far only the ending theme song been featured in the drama. I saw this 1 hour songs playlist in youtube that is supposedly to be Story of Minglan's ost? But i have a feeling its not? Only the first song ( ending song ) is. I know theres this other song that i think is the osts for this drama too but it never been featured in the drama. Any ideas if there's more osts than just the ending song ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Thanks for the explanation chingu @dito.... OMG!!!! I didn’t know or think Rulan’s mom would do such a thing. It makes me wonder why would she do such a thing.  I knew she was greedy and power hungry but what does she expect from doing such a thing? Does she actually think no one would find out that she did it.  Smh smh smh  Old Mrs Sheng is such a nice lady , she never imposed he authority but she is Rulan’s mom is always begging her to help save her children when she has never truly shown Old Mrs Sheng the respect she deserved.  Smh smh smh 

 

 

Rulans mom actually didn't want to kill granny. She was just stupid and got manipulated by her sister.

I wrote about this whole thing in an earlier post on page 133. I copy-pasted it under spoiler.

 

Spoiler

Some time before the poisoning Da niang's sister was slowly turning Da niang against granny. Da niang was also dissatisfied with granny over something....don't remember what. So the sister gave her an idea.....to make granny sick for a while by feeding her some drug in her food...and even got the drug for Daniang. What Daniang didn't know was that the drug was actually poison. And her sister was a vicious bitsh. She wanted to make Daniang kill her mother in law and then blackmail her sister all her life holding this secret over her head. 

The only reason Granny survived was because granny's servant ran to inform ML about it immediately. And ML without wasting time invited the imperial physician to treat granny. When ML was informed about the poisoning....she was absolutely furious. She was even using torture to get the truth out the servants involved. She investigated the whole thing and ordered GTY's guards to lockdown sheng house completely. No one coming in or going out. Then she told her father everything and gave him no way out. Either she has justice for granny or she's going to make this public and ask the courts for justice. 

 

Yes ML was pregnant during that time. And GTY was outside the city with his troops. He hurried over in the middle of it all after being informed by his steward. I think it happened during the time after their quarrel, when GTY was still mad at ML. After this incident is when they end their fight and make up. I think it also made ML realize that GTY will always stand by her and she's not alone in this world.

Thats all I can remember. Hopefully someone who has read the book remembers more clearly than me and helps elaborate on this.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dito said:

 

Rulans mom actually didn't want to kill granny. She was just stupid and got manipulated by her sister.

I wrote about this whole thing in an earlier post on page 133. I copy-pasted it under spoiler.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Some time before the poisoning Da niang's sister was slowly turning Da niang against granny. Da niang was also dissatisfied with granny over something....don't remember what. So the sister gave her an idea.....to make granny sick for a while by feeding her some drug in her food...and even got the drug for Daniang. What Daniang didn't know was that the drug was actually poison. And her sister was a vicious bitsh. She wanted to make Daniang kill her mother in law and then blackmail her sister all her life holding this secret over her head. 

The only reason Granny survived was because granny's servant ran to inform ML about it immediately. And ML without wasting time invited the imperial physician to treat granny. When ML was informed about the poisoning....she was absolutely furious. She was even using torture to get the truth out the servants involved. She investigated the whole thing and ordered GTY's guards to lockdown sheng house completely. No one coming in or going out. Then she told her father everything and gave him no way out. Either she has justice for granny or she's going to make this public and ask the courts for justice. 

 

Yes ML was pregnant during that time. And GTY was outside the city with his troops. He hurried over in the middle of it all after being informed by his steward. I think it happened during the time after their quarrel, when GTY was still mad at ML. After this incident is when they end their fight and make up. I think it also made ML realize that GTY will always stand by her and she's not alone in this world.

Thats all I can remember. Hopefully someone who has read the book remembers more clearly than me and helps elaborate on this.

 

@dito ..... THanks for that chingu.... Lol LOL I just love being spoiled..... WOW WOW,  I actually want this to happen in the drama..... lol lol  evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif The only reason why I want this to happen is because I want Sheng Hong to finally realize what a true GEM Ming Lan is. TBH I don't think he has realized HOW SMART AND CALCULATING Ming Lan can be or that he is a TERRIBLE FATHER . He hasn't realized  Ming Lan doesn't respect him at all  but will be fillial to Sheng Clan.  

  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fra8 said:

I am curious too. I don’t really like the change about his career, I hoped he would be successful without drama but I am curious about the spin they will give to their relationship.

I am curious about their dynamic as a couple and ml’s actions. I wonder about qh’character too.

I'm sure the adversary could only deepen their mutual understanding and love. What I'm curious about most is the nature and timing of GTY's "crime". Because as a newly crowned emperor, he must secure his rule by eliminating internal and external enemies. In this case, he couldn't have disposed of GTY, one of his most trusted and ablest general so lightly. It had to be something really serious, or GTY wouldn't ask ML for a amicable divorce, obviously he thought this would bring harm to ML and her family.

  • Like 7
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@dito ..... THanks for that chingu.... Lol LOL I just love being spoiled..... WOW WOW,  I actually want this to happen in the drama..... lol lol  evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif The only reason why I want this to happen is because I want Sheng Hong to finally realize what a true GEM Ming Lan is. TBH I don't think he has realized HOW SMART AND CALCULATING Ming Lan can be or that he is a TERRIBLE FATHER . He hasn't realized  Ming Lan doesn't respect him at all  but will be fillial to Sheng Clan.  

 

Sheng Hong will get the shock of his life when ML goes militant on this issue. ML manipulated in getting Kang Aunt to come to the sheng house. Then she confronted her with the truth and had her tied and tortured for confession. She asked her father to wait for Kang Aunts family to come for her. She told him step by step what was going to happen next. What Kang Aunt's family would say and do to get Kang Aunt out of trouble. That they will try to put the entire blame on Da niang.....and that they will try to pressure him with his and Changbai's official reputation and dishonor for Sheng family. He must have got scared to see how smart ML was... as each and every thing happened exactly as ML told him. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matrim said:

I'm sure the adversary could only deepen their mutual understanding and love. What I'm curious about most is the nature and timing of GTY's "crime". Because as a newly crowned emperor, he must secure his rule by eliminating internal and external enemies. In this case, he couldn't have disposed of GTY, one of his most trusted and ablest general so lightly. It had to be something really serious, or GTY wouldn't ask ML for a amicable divorce, obviously he thought this would bring harm to ML and her family.

True. I guess it happened after few years, so the Emperor was established. I imagine he feared for her life and maybe he was doubting her love so he wanted to make her free. The noble idiocy plot. 

but I am curious if it was his family’s revenge or a mistake he made.  However even a minor thing in those time could threaten his life. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dito said:

 

Sheng Hong will get the shock of his life when ML goes militant on this issue. ML manipulated in getting Kang Aunt to come to the sheng house. Then she confronted her with the truth and had her tied and tortured for confession. She asked her father to wait for Kang Aunts family to come for her. She told him step by step what was going to happen next. What Kang Aunt's family would say and do to get Kang Aunt out of trouble. That they will try to put the entire blame on Da niang.....and that they will try to pressure him with his and Changbai's official reputation and dishonor for Sheng family. He must have got scared to see how smart ML was... as each and every thing happened exactly as ML told him. 

 

I wonder how Sheng Hong will treat or view ML afterwards. For him, seeing one too smart is not good, too dumb is also not good. Once seeing her true colours, I don't know if he will feel a sense of betrayal, or respect her on a whole new level. No matter what you say to him, it never goes through his ears like when Old Madam Sheng has given him countless clues, truths, and teachings. i also wonder, after MingLan deals with the poison incident and punish Da Niang will it affect her relationship with her siblings like RuLan?

 

Just because a man is good with his career it does not mean that he knows how to handle his family.

 

I think you can also apply this to QiHeng. You guys mentioned that in the future he named his kids after MingLan's name, doesn't that just show that he has no respect for either his kids or wife? I don't know who his wife is or what kind of person she is but wouldn't that make everyone laugh at her and her kids? This guy recklessly likes to wreck everybody's reputation. 

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

 

I wonder how Sheng Hong will treat or view ML afterwards. For him, seeing one too smart is not good, too dumb is also not good. Once seeing her true colours, I don't know if he will feel a sense of betrayal, or respect her on a whole new level. No matter what you say to him, it never goes through his ears like when Old Madam Sheng has given him countless clues, truths, and teachings. i also wonder, after MingLan deals with the poison incident and punish Da Niang will it affect her relationship with her siblings like RuLan?

 

Just because a man is good with his career it does not mean that he knows how to handle his family.

 

I think you can also apply this to QiHeng. You guys mentioned that in the future he named his kids after MingLan's name, doesn't that just show that he has no respect for either his kids or wife? I don't know who his wife is or what kind of person she is but wouldn't that make everyone laugh at her and her kids? This guy recklessly likes to wreck everybody's reputation. 

Actually after ML got married she rarely goes back to her maiden home (it's a normal thing cuz back then women were not supposed  to return home often after marriage) so her family doesn't appear much in the story anymore, except for the poison case. She sometimes visits Grandma and her sisters sometimes go visit her but that's it. Sheng Hong plays a very minor part afterwards.

 

Qi Heng doesn't name his kids after Ming Lan. It's a coincidence and misunderstanding from ML.

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fra8 said:

but I am curious if it was his family’s revenge or a mistake he made.  However even a minor thing in those time could threaten his life. 

In the preview, ML said "My husband has been framed." From this I guess it's a scheme involving his family (mostly his stepmother) and his political enemies or those seeking the throne. I doubt his family alone would have enough resources to bring him down. In the novel there was a second rebellion. Perhaps the throne seeking party reasoned by removing GTY, a right-hand man of the emperor, they could undermine the emperor's position, thus increasing their chance of success. And their desire coincided with that of Gu family.   

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mooose said:

 

I also get confused when the terms get mixed up. The only illegitimate child child is GTY's son who was born to an outside mistress (MN). Manniang has got to be one of the worst real mothers in dramaland.  She denies her son a good father, home and status. Forget about being a concubine or getting anymore money from GTY, I don't get why she would hold the son hostage when the game is lost.

@mooose  Manniang wasn't stupid she took the son as a means to get back into the house after her and so called brother goes broke.. I sometimes wonder is he her real brother.. After hearing that he has married a Di daughter she'll weasel her way back using his son to enter the house.. Remember she still wants to be the main wife and want status for herself as the main wife which will give her son a chance at becoming legit..   

Just you wait and see.. I don't think she knows she married ML and she only got a small does of ML behind her friend.. ML can be just as cunning amd manipulative as she.. Here's another one ML will have to go wit for wit with.. Manninang will throw up in her face the past while ML will throw back in her face past presences and future..  She'll come back trying to hold GTY to his promise but he'll kindly let her know she was a fraud to begin with and of she really wanted a title she wouldn't have took his son and come back all these years later demanding a spot.. Eventually the poor kid will have to learn to choose between Dad and Mom.. Hopefully he'll see how much his own mother deprived him of.. 

6 hours ago, matrim said:

As a cunning and manipulative devil, Manniang Knew perfectly well that GTY's weakness was his devotion to loved ones, so she regarded their son as a kind weapon that could be used later against GTY or a bargain chip to earn her advantages. I think she must have nurtured hatred in her heart and was bidding her time to get revenge.

@matrim  The hatred that ML has in her heart comes from her own doing. She lied anout her brother being dead as a means to con GTY.. She went after him for the soul purpose to maje a better life for her and brother.. Yes the son was always meant to be used as a weapon.. I sometimes wonder is these kids really his considering how she's so attach to the brother.. But we must thank her in one sense she's the reason we have the mannish devil GTY today..

 

6 hours ago, mooose said:

 

Its the years of brainwashing by stepmom and it will take years to undo. The sister in-law is too brainwashed to think straight but the eldest brother now sees the truth that GTY doesn't really need them or that title really. He has a house, imperial favour, career, money and can even get married well without them. 

GTY already ha a title behind his name given by the emperir when he was granted his own home next to his main home.. This is the reason why the other GU women sent maids and concubines..

 

5 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Also you misunderstood what I meant about ML's revenge. Not about whether or not Molan knows, but more of ML modus operandi. She's stealth, and she kills before the enemy even finds out that she's a threat. Hence Molan is still in the dark. She's a sniper. She walked the street like the sweetest cutest thing ever, and then she kills. :lol:

But it does seem like it's gonna be all out war with GTY's stepmom. 

@m0us3y  My bad yes she is a quite sniper.. (The killer beauty)

Yes there's foing to be and all out war between the women in the GU household.. Evil step mom and Manninang tag teaming every chance they could get.. It wouldn't suprise me if evil step mom offer her the position of Mdm if she could get rid of ML by now she should see that ML isn;t and easy prey as she looks..  

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sava2sava If it goes according to the novel, The son was exiled along with MN cause he had been manipulated all those years by MN and stood on her side no matter what. Rong'er saw through MN manipulation and sided with ML if i remember the spoilers correctly. The son might die in this drama also.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Last night games of households:

Ml v Auntie 1= Ml won

Ml v Kang Auntie=Ml won

Ml v Auntie 2=Ml won

Our general was excellent 

And tonight looking forward for another round of battle of spies and stepmom. Ha ha

 

 

@leeza77  The problem that these GU women have is knowing ML was born into a not so wealthy homs.. Coming from a house of scholars and she's concubine born.. They wants to try to use her status of her childhood home to overpower her as they think they have the rights to look down on her and treat her as such.. Little that they know She or GTY isn't having it.. She will be address as Big Mdm rather they like it or not..   GTY will make sure they treat his wife with the respect she deserves..  We all know thst bioth he and she don;t care for such title but when it's called for they will stand to correct whomever..

 

3 hours ago, paras said:

Watched till Ep 40 with subs. I understand that Rulan has gotten married as well. I wished they had shown a few scenes of her wedding as well. If Molan could dress up, we really should have seen Rulan as well.

@paras  I don't think ML wedding was a dress up aty all more like leading the pig to the slaughter house..  It would have been nice to see her wedding also..  But I do think this was a reason Big Mdm was so upset being that her step daughters wedding was better then her own daughters who decided to marry a scholar..

 

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Yes, and he is happy if his wife is named a tigress bcoz of that...and ml doesn't mind to be called such....Aummmm:lol: ml is no longer a pig that eating a tiger but she has transformed to a tigress. Go go girl.. ML VERSION 2.0 WITH SOFTWARE UPGRADED BY GU & CO. 

Thanks tou gave ,me my laugh for the day..

 

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@dito ..... THanks for that chingu.... Lol LOL I just love being spoiled..... WOW WOW,  I actually want this to happen in the drama..... lol lol  evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif The only reason why I want this to happen is because I want Sheng Hong to finally realize what a true GEM Ming Lan is. TBH I don't think he has realized HOW SMART AND CALCULATING Ming Lan can be or that he is a TERRIBLE FATHER . He hasn't realized  Ming Lan doesn't respect him at all  but will be fillial to Sheng Clan.  

@UnniSarah  ML hates her father, She only tolerates him.. Every since SH didn;t give justice to her mom that she deserved and allowed Molan to get away with scratching her in the face.. ML revenge against Molan and mom was really revenge towards her dad.. SH always knew that Lingnaning was the one that had reason to kill ML mother and unborn chilkd he knew how selfish she was.. All ML did was took what matterd to him the most..    

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×