Quantcast
eunsungjisung

[Drama 2017] The Best Hit / 최고의 한방 Thank You for watching !

4 hours ago, lovcom00 said:

I think they're trying to keep all the ships alive for as long as possible. Anyway WS in my opinion sees JH just as a friend (the poor guy was friend-zoned a lot), but she's attracted to HJ in some way, there was the time he saved her from the cars and the "hug", the way she smiles secretly around him and how she reacted to his compliment "You're pretty." and, today, they made it pretty obvious that she finds him attractive after he cut his hair.

As for HJ, his character is the classic self-centered type, he usually has a personal reason for the things he do and the way he acts with the others (I LOVE him anyway), but today he couldn't stop thinking about WS childhood story and he actually brought back that food just for her. He has done a lot of things for her already as her "slave", but this is a first. She didn't ask and he definitely didn't have to do that, but he wanted to. For me this is enough to say he's beginning to care for her.

In the last scene, the way HJ smiled was bitter in my eyes, like a mixture of "I knew It" and an uncomfortable feeling, I'm not sure if he knows why, but I think he didn't feel good about JH confessing, at all.

I had to laugh at your comment that they're trying to keep all ships alive for as long as possible. I happen to think so as well. It's smart of the drama to keep everyone guessing for as long as possible. The drama is entertaining, but the central mysteries make it more compelling to tune in week after week.

In the final scene, I would have said that HJ looks rueful while overhearing JH confess to WS. I don't know if HJ realizes it himself yet, but I also think he likes WS. And, I'm still not certain that JH is really HJ's son for whatever reason. I understand the comments that it takes the narrative and twists it a lot if JH isn't HJ's son, but despite several declarations that JH is HJ's son, I'm still not sure I quite see it. 

Which isn't to say that I'm sold that HJ and WS will end up together either. I have no idea where this drama is going to go with the story and the lovelines. That's good though since it means it's not too obvious. The time travel element definitely plays havoc with the various relationships. 

One relationship that I am fairly certain about is GJ and BH, however. GJ has loved BH forever without once ever telling her. It's uncertain how BH feels about GJ. I know that she's apparently been hung up on HJ all this time. However, HJ's behavior seems to indicate that BH wasn't special to him in that way regardless of what their history was. It would feel really strange for HJ to go back to 1993/94 and end up back with BH for any reason. I think that regardless of where the drama goes, BH and GJ will be together. And, that complicates the scenario even further in terms of what that means for JH's birth. Knowing what he knows about how GJ feels about BH and how much GJ does to take care of BH, would HJ go back to 1993/4 and take up with BH? 

So, I guess I'll give my brain a rest from speculation and just enjoy YSY's exuberant performance as Yoo Hyun Jae. For me, this drama really is about YHJ who gets another chance to discover and create himself away from his restricting former fame while still in his youth at the height of his talents, and does it with confidence driven by belief in himself and wonder at the world he finds himself in. I appreciate the other performances of Cha Tae Hyun, et al, but this drama doesn't seem as much of an ensemble piece for me (as say The Producers was), and more of a bravura performance by YSY. 

• Like 14

8 hours ago, dustdevil said:

The last couple of episodes have turned me into a "Hyun Jae is Woo Seung's father" conspiracy theorist big time.

The two of them are so much alike, and the scene in the BBQ restaurant when Hyun Jae says "the power of genes is strong" when he's looking at Ji Hoon, but could totally be about Woo Seung.

I thought so too.. until I remember they had accidentally kissed for a few times, and I freaked out. 

• Like 6

The Best Hit: Episodes 13-14

by gummimochi

TheBestHit13-00050.jpg

How I adore thee, Kwang-jae. Hyun-jae may be the celebrity in the spotlight, but my heart lies with Kwang-jae, who works hard behind the scenes supporting the ones he believes has a bright future. Dreams will come to light as well as hit rock bottom this hour, making it hard for some of our characters to imagine better days to come. But if I can be sure of anything, it’s that as long as Kwang-jae knows how important those dreams are, he’ll work to the bone to see them be realized.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/the-best-hit-episodes-13-14/

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

unnamed-2-1.jpg

Checking in for another weekend wrap-up! It feels like it’s been the longest week ever, and I can’t figure out if keeping track of all of the dramas ever is what makes it feel so long, or if having lots of hours of drama goodness helps make the time fly by. Well, in either case I suppose I count myself lucky; there are worse ways to spend a week! –javabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-57/

• Like 4

Finished watching subbed version for yesterday's episode. A scene that really disturbed me, was when the female celebrity's manager get physical on Bo Hee. I felt like wanna kick him between his legs.:angry:

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I had to laugh at your comment that they're trying to keep all ships alive for as long as possible. I happen to think so as well. It's smart of the drama to keep everyone guessing for as long as possible. The drama is entertaining, but the central mysteries make it more compelling to tune in week after week.

In the final scene, I would have said that HJ looks rueful while overhearing JH confess to WS. I don't know if HJ realizes it himself yet, but I also think he likes WS. And, I'm still not certain that JH is really HJ's son for whatever reason. I understand the comments that it takes the narrative and twists it a lot if JH isn't HJ's son, but despite several declarations that JH is HJ's son, I'm still not sure I quite see it. 

Which isn't to say that I'm sold that HJ and WS will end up together either. I have no idea where this drama is going to go with the story and the lovelines. That's good though since it means it's not too obvious. The time travel element definitely plays havoc with the various relationships. 

One relationship that I am fairly certain about is GJ and BH, however. GJ has loved BH forever without once ever telling her. It's uncertain how BH feels about GJ. I know that she's apparently been hung up on HJ all this time. However, HJ's behavior seems to indicate that BH wasn't special to him in that way regardless of what their history was. It would feel really strange for HJ to go back to 1993/94 and end up back with BH for any reason. I think that regardless of where the drama goes, BH and GJ will be together. And, that complicates the scenario even further in terms of what that means for JH's birth. Knowing what he knows about how GJ feels about BH and how much GJ does to take care of BH, would HJ go back to 1993/4 and take up with BH? 

So, I guess I'll give my brain a rest from speculation and just enjoy YSY's exuberant performance as Yoo Hyun Jae. For me, this drama really is about YHJ who gets another chance to discover and create himself away from his restricting former fame while still in his youth at the height of his talents, and does it with confidence driven by belief in himself and wonder at the world he finds himself in. I appreciate the other performances of Cha Tae Hyun, et al, but this drama doesn't seem as much of an ensemble piece for me (as say The Producers was), and more of a bravura performance by YSY. 

Nice post. I agree its a bravura of Yoon Shi Yoon's performance as an actor. Donggu yah! :D

unnamed-2-1.jpg

TheBestHit13-00165.jpg

This guy is hilarious! roflmao emoticon

• Like 12

59 minutes ago, icemaid said:

Nice post. I agree its a bravura of Yoon Shi Yoon's performance as an actor. Donggu yah! :D

This guy is hilarious! roflmao emoticon

hahaha. the 2nd picture is just lol. when i saw him like that, i asked why on earth. when he said he was trying to remember, i just laughed at the ridiculousness. HJ and MCdrill scenes are funny :lol:

• Like 9

Finally watched ep 15 & 16.

Yes HJ let out a sigh m1519.gif after he whistled.

Yoon Shi Yoon look so damn fine here! :wub:

• Like 15

4 hours ago, icemaid said:

Finally watched ep 15 & 16.

Yes HJ let out a sigh m1519.gif after he whistled.

Yoon Shi Yoon look so damn fine here! :wub:

Yes OMG he is so HOT HOT HOT 

Edited by Berou
Mod edit : please don't quote pics
  • Like 6

In Ep 2 : Typhoon night. Choi Hwa Jung's description of the typhoon through the radio. A typhoon named Kaola, which means 'time' is coming from the north. Kaola is a rare type of twin typhoon, and it will reach Seoul around midnight. Hawaii natives believes when a wind named Kaola blows, it means you will recover forgotten memories.

keywords here: time, twin, forgotten memories.

That night, HJ travelled through time and arrived in 2017. He apparently forgotten some memories. And the things he carried became 'twins'; ie. twin watches, twin notebooks.

Now what if, there are actually TWIN HyunJaes created that night? One HJ came to 2017 with one set of the notebook and watch.

The other was left behind in 1993 and continued life as if no time travel happened, in total oblivion to the split HJs. 

In ep 15, when HJ was showing GJ his notebook scribbles, those clues left behind, he said this. He thinks that the 1994 HJ that GJ knows is the one who wrote those pencil scribbles. It reflects the 1994 HJ's desire to go back to the rooftop to recover the hidden money. HJ also stresses that both himself and the 1994 HJ is different. There couldn't be anyone else who would wrote in that notebook, so there are no other explanations on how those scribbles appear, other than a twin HJ left behind in 1993-4. 

Maybe the twin HJs are the different personalities of HJ. Kinda like Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde. 

At some point, the twin HJs will have to meet and converge I supposed. Which reminds me of the mystery of the twin watches. One worn by HJ, and the other by JH as keepsake. We still don't know what happened to JH's watch, but now we are left with one watch. Maybe when the two twins are met, one dissapears? 

• Like 14

@blackberrypie, I enjoyed reading your analysis of the characters, and I too have been on the HJ-WS ship since day 1. I love how their relationship has developed organically over the past few episodes, and in ways that WS and JH couldn’t despite knowing each other for 20 years.

WS → HJ

At first, WS made HJ promise that he would move out of the loft if he couldn’t pay her. But instead of chasing him out of the house, she turned him into her slave. It shows that she actually enjoys being around him and subconsciously wants to see him more often.

She was also the one who named him Ddabong, which hints at a certain level of closeness and affection. On the other hand, she still calls JH by his full name. Her feelings towards HJ became obvious when he said Do Hyeri was prettier and she got jealous. Isn’t it funny how she became his ssam-nyeo (wrap girl/some girl) too when she forced him to eat the garlic wrap?

HJ → WS

For HJ, WS naturally became an important person to him because she gave him a name, gifted him his first handphone, and taught him how to eat samgak kimbap. For a free-spirited person who doesn’t like to be controlled by others, he doesn’t seem to mind being her slave. He even memorised her handphone number and would call her to chat for no reason.

In the last ep, it became obvious in the way he sped home to deliver the noodles. He carried the bowl of jajangmyeon wherever he went and chose to deliver the noodles instead of finding his money. I thought it's funny that the writer made HJ buy jajangmyeon from paju, because irl YSY once bought gukbap for his ex-gf from busan. 

HJ ↔ WS

The drama keep dropping hints that they would be endgame too. Both of them were momentarily mesmerised by each other after their mini makeovers:
35479331686_02f5ae64f3_o.png

And both of them would be lost without each other:
34677263084_0782dc6d47_o.png

• Like 21

@__jesse thank you for listing out HJxWS relationship. i'm onboard the HJxWS ship from early on too. they just seem more natural~

@icemaid YSY is looking extra good in the best hit. he's looking fine with side braids or a fringe ^_^. i still cant get over how he looked (in my opinion) sad behind the door with the jajangmyun in his hand (i havent watched the episode yet). 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, blackberrypie said:

In Ep 2 : Typhoon night. Choi Hwa Jung's description of the typhoon through the radio. A typhoon named Kaola, which means 'time' is coming from the north. Kaola is a rare type of twin typhoon, and it will reach Seoul around midnight. Hawaii natives believes when a wind named Kaola blows, it means you will recover forgotten memories.

keywords here: time, twin, forgotten memories.

That night, HJ travelled through time and arrived in 2017. He apparently forgotten some memories. And the things he carried became 'twins'; ie. twin watches, twin notebooks.

Now what if, there are actually TWIN HyunJaes created that night? One HJ came to 2017 with one set of the notebook and watch.

The other was left behind in 1993 and continued life as if no time travel happened, in total oblivion to the split HJs. 

In ep 15, when HJ was showing GJ his notebook scribbles, those clues left behind, he said this. He thinks that the 1994 HJ that GJ knows is the one who wrote those pencil scribbles. It reflects the 1994 HJ's desire to go back to the rooftop to recover the hidden money. HJ also stresses that both himself and the 1994 HJ is different. There couldn't be anyone else who would wrote in that notebook, so there are no other explanations on how those scribbles appear, other than a twin HJ left behind in 1993-4. 

Maybe the twin HJs are the different personalities of HJ. Kinda like Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde. 

At some point, the twin HJs will have to meet and converge I supposed. Which reminds me of the mystery of the twin watches. One worn by HJ, and the other by JH as keepsake. We still don't know what happened to JH's watch, but now we are left with one watch. Maybe when the two twins are met, one dissapears

I don't really like the twin items hypothesis because I think it doesn't create a nice clean story. I think it creates more questions than it answers in the viewers. It said twin typhoons, so maybe there are two typhoons, which is how he will get back in time, or has it mentioned anything about there being a typhoon in 1994 as well? Maybe it's how he gets a ride back to the future. I still think the 1994 HJ is a future HJ gone back, of course 1993-2017 HJ will think it's a different person, it hasn't happened to him yet. Right now I think he goes even further back in time than when he came to the future, writes in the past version of the notebook that you can return from the rooftop and the money is there (both are instructions for 2017 HJ, writings appear when HJ starts to question where the money is, cementing his return to the past?) and woos BH (or facilitates some shenanigans with GJ and BH), maybe facilitates J2 sidekick's relatioship with WS's mum, leaves the watch and time-traveled notebook when he returns to the future in 1994. The confusing thing is if he goes further back than when he disappeared in 1993, then I kind of need 3 typhoons for him (2017 seems to be excempt from typhoon needs), 1993, earlier in 1993, 1994. But maybe the 1994 one is just not announced yet, but he heard there's a storm in Paju while in his recording studio and left for the lake in a hurry. I think the ill fated relationship romance between HJ and WS might just be how they got into trouble together all the time, and not necessarily that their future together is doomed. I hope so anyway, after all a girl has got the right to choose. 

I kind of also have a totally unsubstantiated crazy hypothesis. That HJ when coming back to the future, makes some stops along the way. And one of them is the black bean noodle lunch with WS, where she mistakes him for her real dad. The only reason for that is that HJ says he never forgets a place he has been to and that he goes missing in Paju and the lunch is in Paju, and that WS said it was before his dad went far away (coming to 2017), and that J2 sidekick seems to be totally oblivious to having a daughter, which makes it weird he had lunch with her. I still think the CEO is probably WS's dad, but HJ just somehow ends up pretending to be for a short while to create a nice memory for her. But yeah, crazy theory is crazy.

• Like 6

@__jesse ahhhhh just when I want to toss the ship aside you make my knees buckle...:lol:

I just want him to be happy with his handphone, a safer bet! 

Image result for pictures of The Best Hit yoonshi yoon with handphone

• Like 8

I'm finally catching up on all the posts since I wanted to wait until I have watched the subbed episode from last night!

@katakwasabi @__jesse I am all about the HJxWS relationship from day one too! They have crazy chemistry and it's so obvious that they have fallen for each other... though WS is probably more conscious of it than HJ. Like you said, it's so obvious that HJ likes WS - not only because he sped home... but he was so god damn excited when he found the place and that he knew it was going to make her so happy! Ironically too, WS seems to let him in on her personal life more than she does with JH - I'm not saying JH wouldn't know her stories... but he knows because there's a 20-year history with their friendship, and also because their mothers were in the same group together (can someone clarify actually? Some people in this forum said WS's mom is BH's coordi... but the subbed version I watched, it says they were in the same group). Anyways, getting back to my original point - WS is willing to expose herself and be open with HJ and that says so much about how much she trusts him.

As for HJ - when I watched the scene where he asked her for her birthday and gave her the doll as an early present... I too thought it was a tactic for him to get her birthday so to try to unlock the door. But from the last scene, we now know he wasn't trying to fish the information out of her, but genuinely asked... AND remembers it by heart. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive... he even remembers the last 4 digits of her number by heart.

My heart sank when JH caught up to WS "first" and confessed - I was sooooo rooting for WS to get completely touched by HJ's personal delivery of the noodles. And I just rewatched the last scene 3x - and HJ looks really sad standing there with his bowl of noodles. It's pretty much the first time we see HJ actually caring for someone else, and doing things for someone else (other than for GJ)... and it's a shame if his grand gesture goes to waste! ARRRGGHHHHH another week!!

• Like 16

11 hours ago, dustdevil said:

The last couple of episodes have turned me into a "Hyun Jae is Woo Seung's father" conspiracy theorist big time.

The two of them are so much alike, and the scene in the BBQ restaurant when Hyun Jae says "the power of genes is strong" when he's looking at Ji Hoon, but could totally be about Woo Seung.

Other than the "accidental kisses" in the first episodes, all of their bickering and sweet moments together work really well as a growing father-daughter relationship. Also, seeing Hyun Jae as a protective father freaking out about a JH-WS romance would be comedy gold.

I know! This is what I have already felt a couple of weeks. There are many similarities between WS and JH: both are talented song writers and have feisty personalities. Also, the mom having had several boyfriends/husbands and having worked in the entertainment industry as a stylist. It's probable that WS's mom and HJ knew each other. HJ looks at WS with proud affection, not with romantic affection. I could totally see them being father and daughter.

Yes, the kisses were a bit "iffy", but they weren't actually romantic (neither WS or HJ closed their eyes). lol :D

7 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

Lol. I don't think so. From WS's story, her Father was with her when she was younger. Before leaving her Mother, he brought WS to paju where they had jajangmyun for the last time. She should probably be around 5 or 6 years old by then. But for HJ, he dissapeared in 1994, never seen again. And this dissapearance is before JH was born. Given that JH and WS is same age, doesn't make sense if HJ has dissapeared, and still able to bring WS for jajangmyun? 

<snip>

That is true, but we don't know if that was her real father. The man with the surname Park could as easily have been a stepfather whom she considered being her father. The mom is clearly quite easily infatuated by different men, so it could totally be possible that WS doesn't know who her real father is.

Also, if it was known who her father was, why would her surname had been changed so many times? Say, for example, that her real father died, it doesn't make sense that her family registry was changed (even though the mother would have gotten remarried). That's why I am not convinced that WS's different surnames are giving us clues to who her real father is.

• Like 6

oooo so many theories sprouting left and right for this drama. i'm not fully convinced with the HJ is WS's dad theory and i dont want it to be. currently i'm fully onboard HJxWS and HJxhandphone. hahaha

• Like 10

13 hours ago, dustdevil said:

Other than the "accidental kisses" in the first episodes, all of their bickering and sweet moments together work really well as a growing father-daughter relationship. Also, seeing Hyun Jae as a protective father freaking out about a JH-WS romance would be comedy gold.

Hi all, writing here for the first time. Watching this drama makes me remember the uncomfortable experience of producers where the writer trolled big time with ksh's crush on ghj.. This time too..seeing that it's CTH's drama and that they have been making the drama in producers format,  can't guess who's going to end up with whom either. But I would stay for the comedy and the lol-worthy moments, since I felt this drama is much more than just romance and otp. Every single character contributes to the awesomeness of the drama, and the gang of four is awesome when they bicker lol. 

About the quoted part , oddly I got that inkling too, couple of times, that HJ worries about both JH and WS, and has this aura of sunbae by default, since he comes from a different era. Like earlier there was this time he showed concern over WS's strict study routine and Ji Hoon's struggles of being a trainee at the same time. Of course the writer can take a 180 degree turn any second and do whatever she wishes. But it's hard to decide which one is a fake trope. But regardless, I do wish the drama wasn't bluffing us with HJ being JH's father, he was being SO cute with all 'that must be because of his gene' and how he went to their house to save ji hoon's back. HJ and JH bring an interesting chemistry to the surface and I am curious how ji hoon would react to HJ being his father.  Also I don't know how BH can 'forget' whom she slept with , that sounds too unrealistic if we think about it. If she did it unconsciously that could be borderline wrong , cause that brings out so many unethical options , which I hope the show won't go into, since this is a family drama. And that YJ dude is so obnoxious, if they end up making him the father, that would be a too easy conclusion..and I would  be sad for ji hoon too. He obviously deserves a better father than a guy who peeks at women and steals songs from his own friend. Lol I can see the ending but would wait to see if the show can surprise me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, siobhanne said:

I don't really like the twin items hypothesis because I think it doesn't create a nice clean story. I think it creates more questions than it answers in the viewers. It said twin typhoons, so maybe there are two typhoons, which is how he will get back in time, or has it mentioned anything about there being a typhoon in 1994 as well? Maybe it's how he gets a ride back to the future. I still think the 1994 HJ is a future HJ gone back, of course 1993-2017 HJ will think it's a different person, it hasn't happened to him yet. Right now I think he goes even further back in time than when he came to the future, writes in the past version of the notebook that you can return from the rooftop and the money is there (both are instructions for 2017 HJ, writings appear when HJ starts to question where the money is, cementing his return to the past?) and woos BH (or facilitates some shenanigans with GJ and BH), maybe facilitates J2 sidekick's relatioship with WS's mum, leaves the watch and time-traveled notebook when he returns to the future in 1994. The confusing thing is if he goes further back than when he disappeared in 1993, then I kind of need 3 typhoons for him (2017 seems to be excempt from typhoon needs), 1993, earlier in 1993, 1994. But maybe the 1994 one is just not announced yet, but he heard there's a storm in Paju while in his recording studio and left for the lake in a hurry. I think the ill fated relationship romance between HJ and WS might just be how they got into trouble together all the time, and not necessarily that their future together is doomed. I hope so anyway, after all a girl has got the right to choose. 

I kind of also have a totally unsubstantiated crazy hypothesis. That HJ when coming back to the future, makes some stops along the way. And one of them is the black bean noodle lunch with WS, where she mistakes him for her real dad. The only reason for that is that HJ says he never forgets a place he has been to and that he goes missing in Paju and the lunch is in Paju, and that WS said it was before his dad went far away (coming to 2017), and that J2 sidekick seems to be totally oblivious to having a daughter, which makes it weird he had lunch with her. I still think the CEO is probably WS's dad, but HJ just somehow ends up pretending to be for a short while to create a nice memory for her. But yeah, crazy theory is crazy.

Haha. I don't think HJ is capable of travelling thru time so many times. It just feels to me the first time travel is very much related to typhoon. And the radio broadcast whilst he was in the studio room seems like a clue to me. GJ tried to send HJ back to the past by sliding down the stairs, but to no effect. So I feel the variable is the typhoon. And HJ in his timeline board also identified it as the typhoon. The typhoon is known as a twin typhoon. Doesn't mean there are 2 typhoons. Maybe twin, as in double strong? In any case, the twin term caught my attention when I hear it again because I have been bothered by the twin notebooks and twin watches, one of which magically dissapears. 

when HJ suddenly showed GJ those writings and said he did not write those, plus HJ definitely did not remember hiding the money. I became curious. As HJ is from the 1993 timeline, when he first wrote on the notebook and the writings also appears on the copy that YJ owns, I thought it's normal. But when HJ said writings appear on his own copy, it doesn't make sense. HJ's copy is supposed to be the original copy from 1993. YJ's copy is the time aged copy. It crossed my mind YJ wrote on the notebook maybe, but it doesn't make sense. YJ wouldn't know where the money is, and YJ would only be able to obtain that copy after 1994, after HJ's dissapearance at least.

I thought then, maybe someone else wrote it. But something so important as hidden money, and we were clearly shown it was HJ himself who hid it, would not be easily scribbled on someone else's notebook that easily, especially not when it's HJ's personal notebook which he treasures so much. So the only conclusion is HJ himself wrote it.

all these while, we've been following the story from the time travelled HJ. But at same time, we noted the time aged twin items of the notebook, the watch and the car keys. The only thing missing is the time aged HJ, because this HJ's timeline ended in 1994, and we're in 2017.

My assumption is such that time is moving in paralels, we have one line that starts from when HJ time travel in 1993 June 2nd, and one in 2017 after HJ time travel to 2017, his time still technically moved on as if he is in the past and also in the future, in two parallel lines. And after a month or so of being in 2017, he suddenly discovers writings appearing on his original copy of the 1993 notebook. Because a month or so has also passed since June 2nd 1993, the night the money was hidden. And the mysterious person (which I think is the twin HJ) who yearns to recover the hidden money wrote in his copy of the notebook, which also appears on our 2017 HJ's original copy. So technically, these two notebooks are a copy of each other. Whatever 2017 HJ wrote has yet to appear in the other one back in 1993-4 , but it does appear in the time aged copy that YJ owns. Because it's written in the future, in 2017. Whatever the HJ in 1993-4 wrote appears real time to our 2017 HJ. 

To me that explains the appearance of the scribbles in our 2017 HJ's notebook. It also explains why YJ is so keen on getting World Ent building from the beginning. As his is the time aged version, he must have known all along about the money. This also explains why our 2017 HJ is not changing the future with his actions, because technically, his split self, the twin HJ is still in the past, acting out his part in the past.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

Haha. I don't think HJ is capable of travelling thru time so many times. It just feels to me the first time travel is very much related to typhoon. And the radio broadcast whilst he was in the studio room seems like a clue to me. GJ tried to send HJ back to the past by sliding down the stairs, but to no effect. So I feel the variable is the typhoon. And HJ in his timeline board also identified it as the typhoon. The typhoon is known as a twin typhoon. Doesn't mean there are 2 typhoons. Maybe twin, as in double strong? In any case, the twin term caught my attention when I hear it again because I have been bothered by the twin notebooks and twin watches, one of which magically dissapears. 

when HJ suddenly showed GJ those writings and said he did not write those, plus HJ definitely did not remember hiding the money. I became curious. As HJ is from the 1993 timeline, when he first wrote on the notebook and the writings also appears on the copy that YJ owns, I thought it's normal. But when HJ said writings appear on his own copy, it doesn't make sense. HJ's copy is supposed to be the original copy from 1993. YJ's copy is the time aged copy. It crossed my mind YJ wrote on the notebook maybe, but it doesn't make sense. YJ wouldn't know where the money is, and YJ would only be able to obtain that copy after 1994, after HJ's dissapearance at least.

I thought then, maybe someone else wrote it. But something so important as hidden money, and we were clearly shown it was HJ himself who hid it, would not be easily scribbled on someone else's notebook that easily, especially not when it's HJ's personal notebook which he treasures so much. So the only conclusion is HJ himself wrote it.

all these while, we've been following the story from the time travelled HJ. But at same time, we noted the time aged twin items of the notebook, the watch and the car keys. The only thing missing is the time aged HJ, because this HJ's timeline ended in 1994, and we're in 2017.

My assumption is such that time is moving in paralels, we have one line that starts from when HJ time travel in 1993 June 2nd, and one in 2017 after HJ time travel to 2017, his time still technically moved on as if he is in the past and also in the future, in two parallel lines. And after a month or so of being in 2017, he suddenly discovers writings appearing on his original copy of the 1993 notebook. Because a month or so has also passed since June 2nd 1993, the night the money was hidden. And the mysterious person (which I think is the twin HJ) who yearns to recover the hidden money wrote in his copy of the notebook, which also appears on our 2017 HJ's original copy. So technically, these two notebooks are a copy of each other. Whatever 2017 HJ wrote has yet to appear in the other one back in 1993-4 , but it does appear in the time aged copy that YJ owns. Because it's written in the future, in 2017. Whatever the HJ in 1993-4 wrote appears real time to our 2017 HJ. 

To me that explains the appearance of the scribbles in our 2017 HJ's notebook. It also explains why YJ is so keen on getting World Ent building from the beginning. As his is the time aged version, he must have known all along about the money. This also explains why our 2017 HJ is not changing the future with his actions, because technically, his split self, the twin HJ is still in the past, acting out his part in the past.

haha. i felt like HJ has split personality disorder when i read the two parallel HJ theory :P. anything can happen in this show though~

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

My assumption is such that time is moving in paralels, we have one line that starts from when HJ time travel in 1993 June 2nd, and one in 2017 after HJ time travel to 2017, his time still technically moved on as if he is in the past and also in the future, in two parallel lines. And after a month or so of being in 2017, he suddenly discovers writings appearing on his original copy of the 1993 notebook. Because a month or so has also passed since June 2nd 1993, the night the money was hidden. And the mysterious person (which I think is the twin HJ) who yearns to recover the hidden money wrote in his copy of the notebook, which also appears on our 2017 HJ's original copy. So technically, these two notebooks are a copy of each other. Whatever 2017 HJ wrote has yet to appear in the other one back in 1993-4 , but it does appear in the time aged copy that YJ owns. Because it's written in the future, in 2017. Whatever the HJ in 1993-4 wrote appears real time to our 2017 HJ

Mm, I still think it's much more plausible and neat that a guy who time traveled once will be able to do it twice more than that a typhoon randomly copies people and some objects to send half of them to the future and then coincidentally they disappear later on. And the objects, even though they are copies are somehow linked, but only one way, because the chair woman's scribble of 'Oppa, who am I?' doesn't appear in HJ's notebook, and the person clone, even though he hasn't traveled through time will write about 'a way to return' in his notebook. That's just not elegant. Why doesn't the clone HJ just go and grab the money? Who cares Mal Sook's mum lives there, just sneak in and grab it. Why clones, why does 1994 HJ disappear, who is JH dad, why does HJ go out with BH if he's not into her, why does BH at least think they've already been going out for some time if they haven't? None of these are answered.

With my hypothesis 1993-again HJ, a) doesn't take the money, because he wants to leave it for 2017 HJ to find, who is his past self, or b)he takes it, but after he writes a note explaining where it is, because having 2017-HJ look for it is important for something else.

So my hypothesis of the timeline:

June 6th 1993 - the HJ we know goes to 2017, brings a notebook, watch, snacks, clothes.

Sometime in 2017 - HJ goes back in time to earlier in 1993, possibly because there's some existential threat to JH.

Earlier in 1993 - There are now 2 HJ, the one we know who will go to the future, and a future HJ. Future HJ sneaks around, impregnants BH (or maybe not, but they'll need to address who did), anyway his actions make BH think they're dating. Future HJ writes in the notebook that the money is in the floor and there's a way to return in the rooftop (or he is wishing for a way to return).

June 6th 1993 - BH kisses our HJ, who is mystified, because he doesn't know his future self is going out with her. HJ goes to future, leaving the money, taking the watch, still functional, and the notebook (with the scribble about the rooftop money, but not his own scribbles, to be honest that bit is a bit plotholey, but it could be because they didn't want PYJ having access to the info yet, so if I squint my eyes I can sort of think of it like the future being the past, but still the future, and therefore the scribbles and damage to watch (on JH's watch) come to effect only once our time-agent HJ gets the idea for them. Some sort of universe plularity (read: plot hole)).

1993-1994 - future HJ is now taking the place of his past self. Has the watch that has time traveled that he will pass on to JH(which is why JH's watch stopped), has the notebook with the various scribbles from 2017, he will pass it on to/it gets stolen by PYJ (who has the latest version with the "Oppa, who am I?"). Probably makes some wise investments into future technology, and has his money in a bank that won't go bankrupt (possibly makes those investments with the album money if they can't find it in 2017). Keeps working on his music and wishing to return to 2017. One day in 1994 he hears on the radio that there's a storm in Paju, realizes that it's a month before his car was found in Paju, and the date of his disappearance. Takes his car to Paju, somehow makes it back to 2017. His car is found one month later in 1994, with HJ nowhere in sight.

I think the your past memories will visit you with Koala part was not about HJ's slight memory loss (I think that was because of the shock), but because he is the past memory coming to visit GJ and the rest. 

Questions answered by my model:

1) Why does 1994 HJ disappear? Because he goes back to 2017

2) Why doesn't 1994 HJ grab the money (if he doesn't, we'll see)? Because he's leaving it for 2017 HJ who needs it for the bank loan.

3) If 1994 HJ grabs the money then how will they escape the bank debt? 1994 HJ made investments with the money, returns to 2017 is filthy rich, buys the building.

4) How come BH thinks she is dating HJ also in the time when HJ barely even knows her name? It's future HJ gone to past that she has been dating.

5) Who is JH's dad? future HJ gone to past, unless mutual drunk rape between GJ and BH (JH kind of does look a bit like GJ)

6) Why is HJ dating BH? Because he wants JH to exist.

7) How did the person who wrote the scribble know about the money in the floor and a way to return? Because it's future HJ gone to past who before going to future (blegh) hid the money himself (and either recalls it or found it), and has now time traveled twice.

8) How do these scribbles appear in our HJ's notebook? They were written in the notebook that hadn't gone through time yet.

9) How do they appear in PYJ notebook? Since they appeared in our HJ notebook, he takes them to the past with him and PYJ takes ownership of that notebook.

10) How many copies of each item will remain once HJ is back to 2017 again? Only one.

Questions semi-answered:

11) Why do the scribbles appear real time; why does Oppa, who am I? not appear in HJ's book? Plot-hole/universe plurality thingy; because PYJ's notebook is the version in the future of both 1993->2017 notebook and the 2017->1993->1994 notebook.

12) Why does PYJ want the building? He's a vindictive b*stard? By his own admission he wants to create Star Town or whatnot.

Questions not answered:

13) Who is Drill, how did he get the car? No idea, funny sidekick? Maybe future-past HJ left it in his will?

14) Who took JH's watch in 2017? Don't know, but I hope we find out, possibly a three times time-traveled HJ back in 2017 again.

• Like 4