larus

[Current Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

736 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks @larus & @bebe1989, so I Guess there might be some flashback to the 1930s but drama will be set in modern times. 

Reincarnation- omo! Goblin vibes coming to me 

5 people like this

Posted

tvN shouldn't line up the timeslot like that, from Goblin to Tomorrow With You and now Chicago Typewriter, it's seems smiliar.

1 person likes this

Posted

5 hours ago, jgismyking said:

Did they have their script reading already? Does anyone here have photos of CT's script reading? 

According to the news, the first script reading took place Monday, 27th February and the first day of filming was 1st March. Hope we`ll have the picture from the event soon and pictures from the filming set.

The pictures of the fist two scripts.

4 people like this

Posted

Kang Hong Suk joins tvN new drama 'Chicago typewriter'.

83140753.1.jpg

He will play the childhood friend of the heroine. He is the owner chef of an Italian restaurant, and unlike the male figure visual, it is a reverse character with a mind and genuine feeling. It is expected for Kang Hong-seok's work to show off his unique chemistry with Lim Soo Jung.  Kang Hong Suk captured the audience by appearing in various musicals such as 'High School Musical', 'Dracula' and 'Death Note'.

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20170302/83140773/1

5 people like this

Posted

A new article says that today was the first day of shooting. "Chicago typewriter' is a fantasy human romance comedy that comes to life as a reincarnated ghost writer and mysterious ghostwriter who is hiding behind his name.

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=970018

An old typewriter

A Chicago typewriter small version

The-Chicago-Typewriter-3407-0.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

The Yoo Ah In's haircut..I have no idea.

2 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

The Yoo Ah In's haircut..I have no idea.

Me too. Will his hair look like that during the drama? 

3 people like this

Posted

7 hours ago, jgismyking said:

Me too. Will his hair look like that during the drama? 

I hope not... but they'll be shooting soon...

3 people like this

Posted

is it prototype for kyung pyo's role or what? 

xu8xrRy38Hk.jpg   htDcbfuOs3Q.jpg

6 people like this

Posted

TEASER

6 people like this

Posted

From filming..

5 people like this

Posted

19 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

I hope not... but they'll be shooting soon...

ahaha...maybe it's to reflect his eccentric personality...after all he is a writer...:lol:

3 people like this

Posted

30 minutes ago, triplem said:

ahaha...maybe it's to reflect his eccentric personality...after all he is a writer...:lol:

Still... it's just... I can't find the right word to explain, I prefer him with a lot of hair hahaha :D I hope it grows as he's filming the drama ^_^

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks for all the updates everyone. Brief teaser already. Oh yeah..waiting for smart rom-com. Looking forward to this drama! :)

4 people like this

Posted

News bites: March 4, 2017

by awcoconuts | March 4, 2017 | 1 Comment

Yang Jin-sung (Secret, Bride of the Century) has been cast as a quirky character in the fantasy rom-com Chicago Typewriter, which has confirmed Yoo Ah-in (Six Flying Dragons), Im Soo-jung (Time Renegades) and Go Kyung-pyo (Jealousy Incarnate) as three individuals linked by a mysterious old typewriter. Yang’s a childhood friend of Im and the daughter of a shaman. She’s also a modern-day ghost whisperer who’s in love with a ghost, and she’s studying to become a writer. The drama will take over the slot vacated by Tomorrow With You on tvN in April. [Joongang]

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/news-bites-march-4-2017/

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

So finally Im Soo Jung unnie is coming back to kdramaland...after 13 years away! You gotta wonder what finally persuaded her. I trust her taste. Maybe this drama has a really good script? The plot sounds refreshing, unique and intresting, and finally historical parts of drama not set in Joseon or Gyreo era but 20th century! Also, I live for reincarnation/timetravel stories, this is one drama I'll make sure to watch!

I resently saw an article of Yoo Ah In recommending all men to be feminists...I haven't watched him in anything but that made him likable in my eyes. Hopefully they'll have chemistry too so I won't find myself catching yet another second lead syndrome.

....But.  What is it with that hair! I prefer hairy men, bad physical character trait choice, ugh! Please Hair gods, let it grow fast!

Edited by intrariver
3 people like this

Posted

chicago-typewriter.jpg

Watch: Yoo Ah In And Im Soo Jung's Upcoming Drama Releases Short Yet Intense Teaser

uing

tvN’s upcoming fantasy drama “Chicago Typewriter” (tentative title) starring Yoo Ah In, Im Soo Jung, and Go Kyung Pyounveiled its first teaser.

The drama shares the peculiar story about a best-selling author, a ghost who writes under his name, and the writer’s anti-fan. It is written by the screenwriter of “The Moon Embracing The Sun” and “Kill Me, Heal Me” and directed by the main director of “On the Way to the Airport.”

The voice in the teaser narrates, “Miraculous love that begins from an old typewriter,” raising people’s anticipation for the drama.

Meanwhile, the drama recently began filming and will air in April after “Tomorrow With You.”

Watch: Yoo Ah In And Im Soo Jung's Upcoming Drama Releases Short Yet Intense Teaser
https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/04/watch-yoo-ah-im-soo-jungs-upcoming-drama-releases-short-yet-intense-teaser/

4 people like this