0ly40

[Current Daily Drama 2017] Sea of the Woman/그 여자의 바다, Mon-Fri 9:00 KST

457 posts in this topic

Posted

34 minutes ago, orangeluv said:

WOW they just killed Ji Hun !!!!                              SI is really pitiful.

Shocker!  Didn't see that coming.

2 people like this

Posted

So sad, Ji Hoon had to die.

3 people like this

Posted

So Jung Se Young is responsible for causing the deaths of two young boys, SI's step-brother and now her son. I certainly hope she doesn't get away with it this time and there are eye witnesses to hold her accountable for indirectly causing JH's untimely death.

3 people like this

Posted

Ep 103 Text Preview

Ji Hun's sudden death plunges Su In and her family into grief.

Se Yeong returns home visibly terrified and shocks Min Jae by confessing her link to Ji Hun's death, so Min Jae concocts a false alibi for her to cover up the truth.

Meanwhile Jeong Wuk, in pain at the loss of Ji Hun, directs the blame towards Su In and Seon Wu.

6 people like this

Posted

preview july 19

What happened? Why the writers are killing the children in daily dramas?

5 people like this

Posted

11 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

What happened? Why the writers are killing the children in daily dramas?

Maybe because most of the adult characters are so massively annoying in one way or another that killing any of them off would produce either sighs of relief or whoops of joy from viewers rather than buckets of years. So that leaves only the poor kiddies to provide grounds for audience grief.

5 people like this

Posted

It's sad to see the little boy die. But I also agree the ties to JW needed to be cut. (I could never understand why they wrote the story with her having slept with him in the first place.) Now that the child is gone JW does not have anything to try to use to hold onto SI and come back into her life and no one else can try to push her back to him or use that child. SY has indeed made it so that at the end if she is not crazy and locked up somewhere she will be ruined for causing the death of yet another child. She and her father this time think they will be able to cover what she did up and perhaps for a time she will but eventually the truth of what she did will come out.

JW has a nerve to come and blame that child's death on SI and SW when he not only walked away from her to a rich woman (who use to be a friend) but also framed her. SI may not know that, but perhaps TS (who so far has been useless) will let him have it for daring to blame either of those two people for the loss of a son he just found out about. JW never thought that when he slept with SI she could have been pregnant when he threw her away. Better yet, He never wanted to hear anything she had to say. So for him to dare to blame her to have somewhere to push his upset over a child he just met well I hope someone punches him dead in the mouth.

How much more misery can SI endure in her life? (How much can the writer put in should ask?) I hope this sad event shows that now she will start to rise up and be successful because so far its been one thing after another to give her a set back.

Has TS told SW yet the full story between SI and JW and how he framed her and TS? Does SW still think he is related to SI? And frankly given he is not on his mothers registry it should not matter if his birth mother is married to SI's father. The man does not want anything to do with SI except to see what he can steal from her anyway!

5 people like this

Posted

SI's father -> stealing her saving money

JW -> stealing her virgin , honor 

TS -> keeping everything secret

SW - > hmmmmmmm   ???????

SI -> stupid 

3 people like this

Posted

15 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

JW has a nerve to come and blame that child's death on SI and SW

"Nerve" is too polite a word for it and yet... we can be sure SI is going to blame herself, and that's what will weigh her down, even though she will doubtless treat JW's reproaches with the contempt they deserve (the same forthright contempt she showed him in the last episode but one when he tried his "let's make up" routine on her. She hit the nail right on the head by telling him it was all over back then, the moment he showed that he wasn't prepared to believe her innocence, and she scorns his "explanation" that he was too upset to think straight. She points out that he was thinking very straight indeed, straight in the direction of marrying into Taesan Noodles.

But SI will torment herself because of the way on that morning JH was uncharacteristically fretful and gurmbled about her leaving him to go to work: to make things worse she threatened to scold him severely if he ever talked that way again. That was the last thing she ever said to him, and that memory will inevitably bear heavily on her, especially since it chimes in so well with her knowledge that if she hadn't left Min Jae alone on the beach to fetch his kit for him, her brother would still be around.

Has TS told SW yet the full story between SI and JW and how he framed her and TS?

No, but he now surely must, if only to help her dismiss JW's rebukes even more firmly. We shall soon see. It was also plain today that Seon Wu is puitting together further pieces of the  puzzle that connects JW, Se Yeong and Je Man  to Cheongil Mills and is getting a strong sense that the past of Su In is somehow to be explained through that connection in ways of which Su In herself has no inkling (and nor yet does Granny).

Does SW still think he is related to SI?

No, but even when he found that out, it didn't change his conviction that they "were not to be", partly because that was also SI's conviction the moment she realised whose son Seon Wu was, having, of course, known who her mother was all along).  SI's father is legally correct: there is nothing in law (though there is much in custom, especially in Korea, especially provincial Korea which Incheon was in those days, nearly 50 years ago) to stop Seon Wu and Su In marrying. But what I failed to appreciate until those scenes came several days ago now when Yeong Seon argued the matter out with Dong Cheol is that in the eyes of both Yeong Seon and Su In (though the words were Yeong Seon's), the missing, presumed dead, Min Jae "stands between" Su In and Seon Wu, in the twin senses of forming a bond between them AND keeping them apart.

Because of their blood ties with Min Jae, although those ties come from different sides, Yeong Seon feels that SI and Seon Wu are siblings.  To treat them as what she rationally knows they are, two unrelated people who don't even have a shared upbringing, strikes Yeong Seon as tantamount to "forgetting" that Min Jae ever existed, and Su In feels much the same way. Seon Wu won't try to combat the deep intuitive reactions of his mother and Su In in this matter because he respects both of them too much. To resolve this problem isn't, as I at first thought, merely a problem of clearing up a factual misunderstanding about Su In's parentage. To bring Seon Wu and Su In together again will require the inmost feelings of all three of them  to evolve along convergent lines. The re-emergence of Min Jae, which is still on the cards, might be one factor that would take things in this direction. That would remove the sense in which a marriage would be at odds with remembrance of his existence (and Su In's lingering sense of responsibility for his death and Yeong Seon's loss).

BTW, although Seon Wu knows that Yeong Seon is his mother, and she knows that he is her son, neither knows that the other knows. IYSWIM.

One other thing that strikes me in the aftershock of JH's sudden death: what about the obligatory Kdrama cute youngster now? Maybe, just maybe, we're going to meet Shin Su Hui after all.

6 people like this

Posted

So today's episode ended with JW vowing to ruin Geum Rye and Seon Woo in order to punish Su In for the death of Ji Hun.

Episode 104 text preview

Jeong Wuk and Jae Man put their plan to steal the Cheongil Foundation from Geum Rye into action.

Geum Rye who has so far been completely taken in by Jae Man, finally sees him in his true colors, while Seon Wu struggles to stop Geum Rye being ousted.

Meanwhile, Mme Oh confides to Man Pyo a secret she has been unble to tell anyone for a long time.

6 people like this

Posted

preview july 20

3 people like this

Posted

Not only does JW want revenge for his son's death, but I think he is insanely jealous of the relationship between SI and SW.  It's time for TS and SI to start spilling their guts about Jung and his crooked outfit.  This is way more torture and harassment episodes than is necessary;  let's get on with it.

4 people like this

Posted

Episode 105 text preview

As the newly elected Chairman of the Cheongil Foundation, Je Man presses ahead with his plan to ruin Cheongmil Mills.

Thanks to the false embezzlement accusations against Geun Rye, buyers boycott the company, dragging it to the brink of bankruptcy.

Su In, who has been observing Seon Wu's and Geum Rye's troubles with a heavy heart, confirms who is behind all this and goes to see Jeong Wuk.

5 people like this

Posted

17 hours ago, msmy said:

Not only does JW want revenge for his son's death, but I think he is insanely jealous of the relationship between SI and SW.  It's time for TS and SI to start spilling their guts about Jung and his crooked outfit.  This is way more torture and harassment episodes than is necessary;  let's get on with it.

That is exactly what it is. He had that jealousy when he found out that it was SI that SW wanted to marry. It is irrational and he is an idiot. He threw away SI. Broke up with her in the worst way, but it was ok for him to toss her away after sleeping with her and promising to marry her so he can go to the rich girl, but no matter how many years have pass to see or hear she has a new love and is moving into happiness he can't stand it. Especially when he ruined her life years before with a frame for something she did not do. It is like some twisted logic that she should have been mourning the loss of him and never recovered while he moved on living well. But when he finds out that is not the case he can't stand that she does not love him anymore and has moved on with her life loving someone new and was doing ok.

Now he is blaming her for the death of her son when SI was no where near the child when it happened. (I still do not understand why the little boy would have even gone with SY in the first place. Was there no lessons on stranger danger to this kid? It does not matter who the person says they knew he never should have gone with SY in the first place.) But for JW to be blaming SI and SW for that death when as his mother she should feel the worst loss is crazy.

On some level I can't help but feel that SI's father and step mother could see this as payment for the loss of their son. Even if stepmom does not say it in the back of her mind this event has to bring back what happen to her child. Even though she never seemed to blame a young SI for what happened that day and realized that SI was blaming herself more than others I wonder if she will see a type of justice in this. I can see her father saying something crass like that. I am really looking forward to everyone finding out that SY is responsible for both death's. Its going to shock a lot of people when they do find out that she is indirectly/directly the cause of both boys dying. The guilt from both events is going to catch up with SY and drive her even more insane then she already is I believe. I hope she is haunted by both boys now. Its going to be fun to see JW go at her for cutting off his blood line when he finally finds out what she did.

Is TS finally opening up to SW to tell him about JW and JM's bad business practices and crimes? Why on earth does SI think to go talk to JW about what he is doing? IS she an idiot? The man is blaming her for the death of her son and now seems to have a grudge but she thinks she can talk to him? AT what point will she be told or get that he framed her? Will TS finally do it or will JW in his spiteful anger tell her the truth of what he did to her?

I think what I want to see the most is for JW to realize his choices have not brought him happiness nor wealth, but will bring him either death or prison time ruining his life and the life of that family of his as well. I want his family to find out his list of crimes and how he framed SI and TS all so they can try to profit from having rich in laws who turn out to be criminals and crazy.

This drama is going to the 150's possibly? Is that true? I hope not cause wow... there is a lot of misery already in this drama. How much more can SI encounter? (scratch that... sorry I even said that.. lol)

4 people like this

Posted

Everything I've seen says 120 episodes... that's enough.  I totally agree that SI is nuts for talking to JW and tipping  him off as to what she suspects.  If she really wanted to help she would start talking to people  discreetly  and get the ball rolling as to the shenanigans of Jung.  There should be authorities that can be made aware of his shadiness, and it would be much better if she stayed in the background working with people who can help.  The last thing you want is for Jung to get a hint that they're onto him.

2 people like this

Posted

Is this the year for these writers to kill off the kids in these dramas..  Has it been about four kids that hae died this year ?

1 person likes this

Posted

preview july 21

1 person likes this