Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Queen Dugu 独孤皇后

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

they were also the only imperial couple that was really in love with each other to begin with

Indeed. Their love is 'The Everlasting Love in Ancient China".

66134906ly1g02e7kud3rj20v90ku43f.jpg

Watched ep 1 and really loving the flow of how these two are so fated to be together. I love Joe Chen's 'strong woman' character and Chen Xiao as her ever-supportive, ever-loving, and of course, ever-gorgeous partner. These two have very good chemistry and are very compatible in their performances.  Looking forward to be wowed with more of them, and more of the beautiful costumes and settings.

2 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Oh it's Joey Yung?

Yes. It's her. 

1 hour ago, Don Yu said:

Good song in both opening and ending deserves MVs and Joe Chen acts really GOOD!

Yes. Both opening and closing songs are good. But I love the ending song more. Waiting for the MV of the ending song. 

Agree. Joe Chen acts really well, and looks really good. To be fair, Chen Xiao is just as good.

6 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

I think the tragedy would be when the children are fighting and scheming for the thrones, so hopefully the ending for the leads won’t be that tragic.

Hopefully so. Also depends on how much historical fact the writer will adhere to, and how much fiction will be added in the mix.

This is an OTP to root for. Too bad, as history has it...aish. Still, hope the writing would bring out a more optimistic, inspiring and insightful tale of their accomplishment and their everlasting love.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jadecloud said:

Watched ep 1 and really loving the flow of how these two are so fated to be together. I love Joe Chen's 'strong woman' character and Chen Xiao as her ever-supportive, ever-loving, and of course, ever-gorgeous partner. These two have very good chemistry and are very compatible in their performances.  Looking forward to be wowed with more of them, and more of the beautiful costumes and settings.

when u throw 2 seasonal artist into the fold, you bound to get good chemistry :) 

ChenXiao and JoeChen had always managed to create good chemistry with their partner on screen :) 

• Like 4

How do everyone like this show?

This thread is really quiet and not much people comment on this. 

Are people finding this show to be not as good or there is another reason for not talking about the show?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Don Yu said:

How do everyone like this show?

This thread is really quiet and not much people comment on this. 

Are people finding this show to be not as good or there is another reason for not talking about the show?

@Don Yu  The thread is quite because there's no subtitles.. I'm enojying this show, Love the OTP chemistry

• Like 2

I really liked Qi Ji (Yuwen Yong) in Cuo Dian Yuan Yang.

However, as Yuwen Yong, he need to move on because everyone else did. Rather stupid of his wife to use her unborn child as a threat because historically she never had any children with Yuwen Yong.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 9:41 PM, valerie savage said:

@Don Yu  The thread is quite because there's no subtitles.. I'm enojying this show, Love the OTP chemistry

Do the majority on this forum don't understand nor are Chinese?

• Like 1

Hey I don't know the EXACT translation to English, but the 'Sky King/Tian Wang' guy is really useless/pathetic!

Is it just translated as 'Emperor' ?

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 12:14 AM, angelangie said:

Couple Stills released in Weibo to celebrate Valentine Day

Hide contents

Loving their costumes, so many couple outfits ... :D

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 4:01 PM, Don Yu said:

Do the majority on this forum don't understand nor are Chinese?

I am waiting for more episodes before watching.   I will definitely see this for Joe Chen.  And I like Chen Xiao too.  Both are visually good looking and their acting skills are pretty good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chisaholly said:

I am waiting for more episodes before watching.   I will definitely see this for Joe Chen.  And I like Chen Xiao too.  Both are visually good looking and their acting skills are pretty good.

I am waiting for more episodes as well before I marathon :) 

• LOL 1