Go Seung Ji

[Current Drama 2017] Radiant Office 자체발광 오피스 - Wednesdays & Thursdays @ 22:00 KST

429 posts in this topic

Posted

Overall a pretty decent episode, maybe not the strongest, but better than the usual average episodes from other dramas. 

I don't really know what to say, it's pretty much the same as yesterday. Ji Na keeps doing everything in her power to make sure she still is the least favourite  character in this drama. Pretty much every scene she has makes me mad. It's still so sad that she has KT under control, as much as I like him, but the keeps being her subordinate. When she says he should lower his hand, he does it. When she has something, may it as little as litte can be, he is right there and helps her. Like this would change her mind and save their relationship. This makes me sad and angry at the same time, because this episode he had such an amazing scene.

Before talking about that scene, I have to praise my beloved Kkot-Bi :wub:, it was so smart of her to drop that little information about KH. Just because of that KT got the information of KH's betrayal towards HW. And KT gave KH the most deserving slap I saw in a long time. How could KH say such mean things? Gladly KH witnessed first hand what it means betraying your friends, he was alone and his co-workers exploited him big time. 

EHW was really funny as 'niece' of the CEO, but I have to say. KT carried her performance a little, the way he walked and acted as the desperate assistant that can't handle her was just pure gold. He made this whole scene believable. 

KT really is a great guy and he's that kind of person, I would gladly call my best friend, but he really needs to get away from Ji Na. Although it's clear that he doesn't stand a chance against WJ & SH and he won't be the one that gets the girl in the end, I would wish that he would be the first that falls in love with her. Just because it would drag him away from Ji Na. Sure it would be hard for him that she will choose someone else, but there are plenty of girls out there that are way, way better than Ji Na. I would even be okay with it when he dates Kkot-Bi at the end, because pretty much everyone should know to this point, that Kkot-Bi is the real star of this drama. She's the heart and the soul of the office.

HW's roommate working at the cafeteria was surpring, It seems like she talks her life prettier than it actually is, I think it hurt her pride that she had to 'serve' HW food. Will be interesting to see if HW figures out that she works there. 

I'm a little tired, looking forward to read your thoughts about the current episode tomorrow.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, jellybellymonster said:

But it's so hard to concentrate when WJ is smirking and throwing these amused looks all throughout the voting!

I know rite. Look at his handsome face. Aargh. He's so fine. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

In fact he really shined for me in this episode. If the office is  a battlefield, I would want him to be my general. First i loved how he gave off these vibes that he would not vote for HW, but you know he did. He's demanding no doubt, but he gives you a second chance and deep down, he's actually got a soft spot. Then that power play with Jerk Park, he made it look like he was doing Park a favour. Then I love his persistence in trying to get Director Han to review the marketing subcontract. I knew Han was a red flag. Gosh so many jerks out there. But in my country, it's the same. Very often connections take precedence over merit. It sucks. So I love how SWJ is so against all this. Seeing his back story , you can see why he hates it so much. Then there was that moment when the marketing team went for dinner and he considerately asked to split the bill. Seeing  HW's reaction, he knew she could not afford & offered to pick up the tab. It's no wonder I'm with team HSJ , or rather SWJ all the way

I agree with @dhakra. Ki Taek was such a MVP in this episode. He is indeed a  sweet person. I loved how he supported HW all the way - from the voting session to the skit they had to put up at the subcontractor's office. I'm glad he gave KH a good shelling and a slap. Then later he reunited the trio. Please dear drama gods, do not let him end up with that Jina. She's such a richard simmons.  Maybe he can end up with Sec Honeycakes. Ok, I'm slowly warming up to her. She seems harmless and if she can take all the crap that Han gives her, she ain't too bad.

I love how HW got her job back. I clapped when she won the vote.  I love how she asked SWJ to entrust her with the task. That's the way to go. I was cheering her on so much in this episode.

I really look forward to the next eps. This show has got me hooked not only bcoz of HSJ - the office politics is so real and I feel so invested in HW's life that I  want her to have a happy ending.

edit: : I think she really is sick. Sniff. When doc ask her to do a health check & even told a white lie (very  kind of him ) that the company covers temps , I think he wanted to confirm it.

Edited by triplem
4 people like this

Posted

joffice_photo170324154315imbcdrama10.jpg

Spoiler

joffice_photo170324154315imbcdrama11.jpg

joffice_photo170324154315imbcdrama12.jpg

joffice_photo170324154315imbcdrama13.jpg

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

6 people like this

Posted

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBtOB0qO9JJgPM5EqMkWjgiphy.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeidUH6aDEzFlMwQKy3On

I have thought about why I love Go Ah Sung as HW and I am sure everyone has their own ideas and feelings.  But as I watched this character come to life and was humbled by her struggles and courage in continuing to be a good person and always trying to do the right thing no matter where she is or what she is doing.  Go Ah Sung has the ability to express her feelings through her facial and body language alone.  She has a beauty that reminds me of the girl next door yet a bit of sugar and spice and everything nice easy to relate to and able to come through the screen and be believable...

I loved when she pretended to be the niece of the CEO and thought to myself now that's the confidence and a bit of attitude she needs to take hold of.  But when she has spent most of her life on her knees putting up with unfairness and often cruelty of those in charge.  It's easy to understand why she can only dream about and pretend even let loose of that silent dragon within herself.  As odd as it sounds I think the worst thing finding out she is dying maybe the very thing that allows her to take courage reach deep down and finally release that dragon.  Prove not only to those around her that she is more capable than they could even imagine.  Even more proving to herself that her life has meaning and that she isn't a failure for believing in goodness. Things greater than herself honor, truth, fairness and respect in treating all those around you from the lowest to the highest.  That they have value and what they do and who they are matters...  A little human kindness can go much further than thought possible...

She has a forgiving spirit it's natural and I was so moved by the way she treated KH's Mom on the phone. She could have been rude or said a million things to his Mother but that wouldn't be her. Instead she comforts his Mom by telling her in a round about way he is working on a trip. Then like a friend left a yellow sticky note letting him know your Mom called in a place he would see it...  I might add I really thought KH lost his Man Card at first by not telling the truth but then just like HW after thinking about his life most of all his over baring Mother just like HW I found myself feeling sorry for him.  For selling out his honor so cheaply that even he was disgusted with himself...

I agree with everyone about KT he is the unsung hero and the best kind of friend I don't care how he got there.  I'm just glad he is there and that behind those glasses he is a real PRINCE.  It's just a shame he fell in love with a wicked step sister instead of Cinderella.  Talk about two different kinds of people maybe that saying opposites attract is really true at least in their case.  He must have seen something good in her but I swear I can't find it...

Always saving the best for last JW is like a sweet cream cake what you see on the outside isn't the best part :oWOW did I just say that??:vicx::wacko:Stay with me, I know it's hard to imagine anything better than what we see:blink::w00t:  it's the soft sweet filling inside that you know is there but he keeps covered up:ph34r:. He not only voted for HW he wants her to succeed no matter how he acts or how hard he seems to make it on her.  Still he is her silent fan and just like when he picked up the tab when eating to protect her in knowing she didn't have much money.  And even later placed his own spoon & chopsticks out so she didn't have to choose.  He notices much more than he lets on and he cares much more than he shows...  Not to mention he sure gives me something to look forward to, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN:w00t:B)LOL!!!!  Have a great & safe weekend everyone:wub:

5 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Always saving the best for last JW is like a sweet cream cake what you see on the outside isn't the best part :oWOW did I just say that??:vicx::wacko:Stay with me, I know it's hard to imagine anything better than what we see:blink::w00t:  it's the soft sweet filling inside that you know is there but he keeps covered up:ph34r:. He not only voted for HW he wants her to succeed no matter how he acts or how hard he seems to make it on her.  Still he is her silent fan and just like when he picked up the tab when eating to protect her in knowing she didn't have much money.  And even later placed his own spoon & chopsticks out so she didn't have to choose.  He notices much more than he lets on and he cares much more than he shows...  Not to mention he sure gives me something to look forward to, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN:w00t:B)LOL!!!!  Have a great & safe weekend everyone:wub:

Very nice post! Just reading this makes me swoon over HSJ or should I say SWJ. I want a bite of that sweet cream cake.

5 people like this

Posted

OMG! I just can't get enough of them! :wub: Totally love them!!!!!!

UHTHYmtTg7GC636259488775203209.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

8 hours ago, dhakra said:

Overall a pretty decent episode, maybe not the strongest, but better than the usual average episodes from other dramas. 

I was a bit afraid to watch this episode because before I started, I read comments that it was boring and worse than ep 3. I am glad to report that I enjoyed this episode as much as the others. You are right that even if it isn't the strongest, it's still better than the usual from other dramas. I was watching one highly rated current drama until I got seriously bored. The ratings meant people like those kind of shows but I feel that it pales in comparison to the little gem we have here. I'm tired of overdramatization, cliche plots and unreal characters. Radiant Office may not seem to have a huge plot or twists but it is enjoyable because it is so relatable to anyone who has worked in an office and experienced these issues to some extent. 

8 hours ago, dhakra said:

Pretty much every scene she has makes me mad

I wanted to throttle her. Unfortunately, people like her exists and are such annoyance. I was so happy that WJ blasted her and called her out for crappy work. But she still couldn't see what she had done wrong. She's not only lazy and irresponsible, she is dense. When WJ gave Ho Won more work and responsibility, I laughed at Ji Na's response. She just doesn't get it, does she? 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

If the office is  a battlefield, I would want him to be my general.

He is the type of general who will lead the fight and fight with you. This is one trait I admire of Woo Jin as a boss. He has the guts too. In a society where corruption is strife and safeguards to fight corruption ignored, I am really curious how far he would go. 

There's one thing that puzzles me. What is WJ and Mr Heo planning? Is it as simple as taking down Jerk Park? Or are they zealous anti-corruption fighters? I love how WJ is giving Jerk Park and CEO Han a massive headache, they even wonder if WJ has the guts because he's connected. I'd say that the writing shows quite nice details like Woo Jin's family name. Viewers have wondered if WJ is actually the scion of Hauline's owner and this is exactly what Jerk Park and CEO Han thought about too! 

Thank God for Ki Taek who proves to be Ho Won's friend in need and faithful cheerleader. I love how they celebrate their little successes, much to the annoyance of Ji Na. It was so sweet of Ki Taek to offer Ho Won money for a medical check up. He deserves a gal thousand times better than Ji Na. 

6 hours ago, triplem said:

I think she really is sick

I am 80% sure she isn't. If she is, I am blaming the writer for bad writing in this aspect. Which doctor in his right mind will not speak to Ho Won clearly about her condition? In the first place, it should baffle him that she wants to work or worries so much about work if she has indeed terminal illness. Even if he was charitable, he should be buying her a vacation instead of giving her a 3 month employment contract. 

2 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

sweet cream cake

Luckily I wrote most of my post before reading yours. Hot buns with sweet cream filing? I am so tempted to squeeze...just sayin

4 people like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

He is the type of general who will lead the fight and fight with you. This is one trait I admire of Woo Jin as a boss. He has the guts too. In a society where corruption is strife and safeguards to fight corruption ignored, I am really curious how far he would go. 

There's one thing that puzzles me. What is WJ and Mr Heo planning? Is it as simple as taking down Jerk Park? Or are they zealous anti-corruption fighters? I love how WJ is giving Jerk Park and CEO Han a massive headache, they even wonder if WJ has the guts because he's connected. I'd say that the writing shows quite nice details like Woo Jin's family name. Viewers have wondered if WJ is actually the scion of Hauline's owner and this is exactly what Jerk Park and CEO Han thought about too! 

Hmmm just imagining him as a real hot general...

I don't think WJ is related to the owner. The whole surname thing plays nicely into the confusion. What say you? Given that WJ is such a well-informed man, he would not have gone for an interview for the job without doing some research about the company and Hauline is a pretty big corporation. Then in the preview, he was wondering who HW was talking to when Doc came to the office.

11 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

I am 80% sure she isn't. If she is, I am blaming the writer for bad writing in this aspect. Which doctor in his right mind will not speak to Ho Won clearly about her condition? In the first place, it should baffle him that she wants to work or worries so much about work if she has indeed terminal illness. Even if he was charitable, he should be buying her a vacation instead of giving her a 3 month employment contract. 

You are right about that. It would be highly unprofessional. So far doc feels a little sly / sneaky to me; he may come across sweet and perhaps cause some hearts to flutter with that swoop (must all k dramas have a clumsy female lead?), but I can't tell his true intentions. #biasHSJfangirl

3 people like this

Posted

joffice_photo170324153440imbcdrama10.jpg

joffice_photo170324153440imbcdrama11.jpg

joffice_photo170324153303imbcdrama13.jpg

Spoiler

joffice_photo170324153303imbcdrama14.jpg

joffice_photo170324154016imbcdrama10.jpg

Spoiler

joffice_photo170324154016imbcdrama12.jpg

joffice_photo170324154016imbcdrama11.jpg

oh look there he is, mean as ever! But cutie:rolleyes: hahaha , sorry guys if i can't join in your pervy conversations:D his face is enough for me.

2 people like this