Go Seung Ji

[Current Drama 2017] Radiant Office 자체발광 오피스 - Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 22:00 KST

1,158 posts in this topic

Posted

@stroppyse Well said, thank you. I have yet to watch the whole episode, I got to wait til tonight here and getting off work now.

From the clips I loved HW little bro. So cute and sweet and acts like an OPPA taking care of her. I treasure their bond and love. Even when he said she was not right to yell at their mom (when she visited with all that food and went to WJ place). to sending her the beautiful suit. Is she going to wear it again? Feel bad it was not worn again, though I understand her standard outfit is more normal. And his checking and asking what relationship does WJ have with his Nuna. Or him noticing the comfort and comraderie between the two and similarities. LOL.

WJ and HW totally dig they have their on way of communication. In the prior episode when she did the half Heart and he does his looks. So cute these two. Their comfort and WJ realizing HW is great and awesome and not just words. She is showing him perseverance and not to run away even when times are tough. I am stoked that HW got it but not surprised KT was out. As stroppyse said, he was least qualified and also his self marketing was not as good as KH and HW. Pictures are all fine and good but not as good and reflective of you. HW did win scholarships and was diligent and a top student despite needing to work alot of side jobs to pay the bills. KH was a guy with a silver spoon and domineering mother but he had the brains just not the personality and interpersonal skills /abilities to pull off to match his resume specs which are amazing (as Jaemin had pointed out his were top notch compared to HW and KT).

Yes when Lee Yongjae said the women were scary. You are DARN right they are fierce and scary. Go Ha Jina, frankly I am glad she is declaring she's dating KT (Though they are not technically) and now LEE cannot hold that over her head----grr.  She is a realist and still was hoping KT would try to milk or try to use his connections which were slim to none with Seo.  But she is trying to survive and wants KT to survive. As others have mentioned before, I want them to survive based not on him getting this job. I wonder what he will do?!

Mgr Cho she is a great mentor to KH. I loved how her pep talk on being a grownup and dealing the hardships and struggles of being an adult prompted him to continue to cut the apron strings from his mom. Good for him! He will be a better person taking care of himself and slowly growing out of his shell. Cho is aware fully what she is doing, she is hard working and knowledgeable. When Jerk Park told her explicitly due to her not having balls caused her not to rise --that was it. So her siding with him, made sense as he did promise if you are in my LINE I will take care of you. He was write to see Seo as the future. What he did not foresee that Seo is not really keen on Park. Seo mentioned he doesn't suffer fools well and he gives rewards and punishments equally. 

It was kind of funny in that Jerk Park's error got WJ proposal passed. But YEAH it is ok he does it while training Seo but it is NOT ok for HW error sending her farewell email to KH and KT went companywide as she was NEVER trained on the internet system. (This was pointed out by someone already. I am sick and tired of do as I say not do as I do. The hyprocisy. Even HW mentioned being SICK of it during the "lies" spouted during that interview to when Lee and Cho were talking of 2 people out and got injured. But the FT person they were getting money and gifts but the contract worker was not getting any love and attention. )

Yup Park is seeing the writing on the wall and that is why he want to see Han. Even when Han left after his crazy tirade he warned them .

No work place is perfect and I don't miss the politics. But the petty, jealous factors and playing games and throwing people  under the bus---definitely happens. Also being careful on choosing the wrong "lines" at work can influence who others perceive you too. I recall one job there was this lunch group. They called themselves the "cool kids." I was not impressed. Definitely things are uncomfortable and double standard at work. Nice people were shaft and those who were lazy and barely doing their job were rewarded or turned a blind eye to their lack of work ethic. Oh that was not fun and even if you talked to the HR person--she could not see what was real or not. She was too focused on flattery her eyes were closed on what was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. It was frustrating. Playing the game to make sure you have good relations with colleagues so it doesn't affect your work--not fun and I don't miss it. But to that point, doing that is much lower level than in Korea (as shown in this drama).

8 people like this

Posted

8 hours ago, mrdimples said:

Thanks @stroppyse for the translations and recaps & clips from @calbeeland, @triplem @Nodame @Palleteiam25

Thank you, chingus! :wub:

4 hours ago, Sorary said:

Actualy this drama plot not slow,but since it got more about office issue(which actualy can be relate alot in real life) and total episode was just 16ep hope they get extend or have speacial episode where it only about hw and wj..

This might be the only show where I feel that an extension is reasonable

-------

Dare I say that episode 14 is probably the best episode so far of Radiant Office. It's seriously sooo good! There are just so many things to talk about in this series, that for the first time I feel like additional episodes are very much warranted. There so much ground to cover and 2 episodes is a tad too short to wrap things up. It can be attributed to the fact that the supporting characters are fleshed out with their own stories of personal growth unfolding. Even the hilarious but strangely sad dinner of Jerk Park and ex-Director Han was compelling to watch.

From the very start, Manager Cho's plotline is the one that resonates so much for me. I love her scene with WJ so much! For all WJ's awesomeness in previous episodes, he is pretty blind to the male privilege he has no matter what industry he decides to work on. I wanted to give Manager Cho a standing ovation for stating it matter of factly to WJ who then had to apologize for offending her and then Manager Cho, without missing a beat, told him she was not offended at all because he stated the truth that she was working towards that promotion. I just love her being cutthroat and honest. While Director Seo will go where his instincts are, I trust Manager Cho understands the market better to think that launching a premium line is feasible and ultimately profitable. Surely, she must not be as shortsighted as Jerk Park. It was also pretty magnanimous of her to admit that the premium line failed several years ago that's why they all the more need the help of WJ and the marketing team to make it successful this time. The sales and marketing department have previously always been in competition with each other so they always don't work harmoniously to carry out a campaign together.

Going to that meeting with the executives, WJ is taking the conservative and safer approach while Director Seo has a higher risk appetite. Director Seo is right that the higher the risk, the higher the return. And what he said after that just about confirms that he is not the right person to steer Hauline. As top executive, your decisions have larger repercussions for your stakeholders - customers, shareholders and employees. You just can't go into a risky high-end line because your instinct tells you it's going to be profitable without being backed by some data analysis. Even more dumbfounding is that he excluded the marketing team because he found WJ pessimistic. I didn't find WJ pessimistic nor combative in that meeting. WJ has always been asking the hard-hitting questions and I don't find him being an richard simmons to Manager Cho while asking those. His questions are perfectly valid. Manager Cho may have been able to answer WJ's questions had Director Seo shut his trap. Then now the Sales team will be more burdened because Marketing team has been cut off from the project. He is looking more and more like an idiot with the things he says just to make WJ see who is the boss. Another headscratcher- he is decreasing production for the budget line to make way for the premium line. Oh boy he is putting all his eggs in one basket. Dad please wake up because Director Seo is going to run Hauline to the ground with his volatile decision making! Manager Cho's work is really cut out for her premium line project and she needs all the support she can get because dammit I want her to get that promotion!

8 people like this

Posted

I love this show! Wish its longer! There is alot more to cover. I love the part when HW said ' Hauline must stay an honest company'. 

She has guts. I dont think it will happen alot in real life. Many will just follow what the senior management dictate or we may just risk having a bad assessment. 

I am sorry it is going to end next week. I love the looks Mr Seo give HW in the meeting. His eyes are shooting stars and so loving. :D 

Their romance is moving forward slowly but surely! A very natural progression. 

Ji Na seem to finally understand that Ki Taek is the one guy who is super nice to her and is a gem. I feel so bad for Ki Taek . I feel so bad for the student who submitted the design and had her design thrown away. How many times have this been done when companies disregard the many applications of job seekers? This show is just so real on so many levels. I wish their ratings increase. There's no typical drama trope and I am glad MBC is brave enough to proceed. Weightlifting Kim Bok Choo was also that way, underrated and lovely show. 

I am missing Ha Seok Jin and his manly muscles! Hope to see him in a new show soon. I hope he get to act in different roles. He seem to be very hardworking with a few shows a year and yet he just doesnt seem to grow in popularity. 

7 people like this

Posted

Finished the subbes episode, my thoughts:

• Episode 14 and we still don't made any progress towards our OTP. Gosh, what the hell is wrong with you writer-nim?:o We got nothing, NOTHING! I'm really frustrated.
  • I don't know if I like or dislike JN. Somehow she redeemed herself today. When she talked to him in front of his home and the moment she hugged him was sweet, her words were true, but somehow I am in a dilemma myself. Now I have to agree to her that love should be the only requirement for a relationship, this is what I believe aswell. But KT's words were also true, do you want to let the woman you love live a life like this? I mean, he understands that he has responsibility. But.....ash.....this is so complicated from a mens perspective, but I think, if she loves you aswell, it shouldn't be a problem. And I think she finally understand what it important and that she had the (second:ph34r:) best boyfriend she could have. Her loud confession that KT is her boyfriend was so brave and nice aswell. I really liked how confident she was and how she handled the situation of shocking everyone. She stood up for him. So yeah, maybe she redeemed herself here, still don't know if it's the best idea to try it again. At least we have one happy couple.
  • Ms.Cho story interests the most right know, her title of MVP can't be taken anymore, she's the hidden star of the drama. She drops pieces of wisdom everytime, the way she talked to KH was brilliant. It felt like she parented him herself in that moment. She made him become a man. The same goes for her talk to Mr.Seo, she made him clear that she can't do her own things, because she was ignored everytime and knows that she only gets a promotion if she doesn't question her orders and just executes them. She never experienced justice, because let's be honest, she probably the best employee by far, She should run this company and by god, I hope she will. I've decided in this very moment that her destiny and her position by the end of the drama will be a major point for my final evaluation. If she doesn't get a dozen of promotions I will be very mad. Her words helped so many people in this company, it's ridicilous.
  • I hope KT will continue his studies as a civil servant and finish the exam. His only reason to join Hauline was to get back together with JN. Now that he accomplished it, he should focus on his initial plans and become a civil servant. 
  • Loved the scene of my honeycakes. :wub:
  • Dr.Seo role is so dumb, I really don't like it. But maybe it's the only way to get rid of him by ruining the company. :D 
8 people like this

Posted

While it's cute Seo Woo-Jin claiming Eun Ho-Won knowing his house well was staking a claim in front of her brother.  

He didn't have her permission to do so, and by doing so he made her lie to her brother.

It's not a big deal, but it was very controlling of him.

4 people like this

Posted

6 hours ago, jellybellymonster said:

Thank you, chingus! :wub:

This might be the only show where I feel that an extension is reasonable

-------

Dare I say that episode 14 is probably the best episode so far of Radiant Office. It's seriously sooo good! There are just so many things to talk about in this series, that for the first time I feel like additional episodes are very much warranted. There so much ground to cover and 2 episodes is a tad too short to wrap things up. It can be attributed to the fact that the supporting characters are fleshed out with their own stories of personal growth unfolding. Even the hilarious but strangely sad dinner of Jerk Park and ex-Director Han was compelling to watch.

From the very start, Manager Cho's plotline is the one that resonates so much for me. I love her scene with WJ so much! For all WJ's awesomeness in previous episodes, he is pretty blind to the male privilege he has no matter what industry he decides to work on. I wanted to give Manager Cho a standing ovation for stating it matter of factly to WJ who then had to apologize for offending her and then Manager Cho, without missing a beat, told him she was not offended at all because he stated the truth that she was working towards that promotion. I just love her being cutthroat and honest. While Director Seo will go where his instincts are, I trust Manager Cho understands the market better to think that launching a premium line is feasible and ultimately profitable. That scene was also a wonderful showing WJ character.  When faced with the truth he didn't disregard it. He acknowledge that Manager Cho was right about her situation and treated her point of view with the respect it deserve.  Surely, she must not be as shortsighted as Jerk Park. It was also pretty magnanimous of her to admit that the premium line failed several years ago that's why they all the more need the help of WJ and the marketing team to make it successful this time. The sales and marketing department have previously always been in competition with each other so they always don't work harmoniously to carry out a campaign together.

Going to that meeting with the executives, WJ is taking the conservative and safer approach while Director Seo has a higher risk appetite. Director Seo is right that the higher the risk, the higher the return. And what he said after that just about confirms that he is not the right person to steer Hauline. As top executive, your decisions have larger repercussions for your stakeholders - customers, shareholders and employees. You just can't go into a risky high-end line because your instinct tells you it's going to be profitable without being backed by some data analysis. Even more dumbfounding is that he excluded the marketing team because he found WJ pessimistic. I didn't find WJ pessimistic nor combative in that meeting. WJ has always been asking the hard-hitting questions and I don't find him being an richard simmons to Manager Cho while asking those. His questions are perfectly valid. Manager Cho may have been able to answer WJ's questions had Director Seo shut his trap. Then now the Sales team will be more burdened because Marketing team has been cut off from the project. He is looking more and more like an idiot with the things he says just to make WJ see who is the boss. Another headscratcher- he is decreasing production for the budget line to make way for the premium line. Oh boy he is putting all his eggs in one basket. Dad please wake up because Director Seo is going to run Hauline to the ground with his volatile decision making! Manager Cho's work is really cut out for her premium line project and she needs all the support she can get because dammit I want her to get that promotion! Sometimes I wonder if Dr Seo's function isn't to destroy Hauline.  I'm curious about this "older brother" that we haven't seen hide of hair off. I wonder if the brother exist.  I'm thinking Hauline is the older brother that always had his father's attention and Dr. Seo is using his father's incapacitation to destroy the object of his dad's attention/affection. lol.

Jang Kang-Ho hair cut has been a source of bemusement for me throughout this drama.  It was episode 13 that was able to identify what his middle part reminded me of, . . . cafe curtains.

46653442623137p?$478$&qlt=85

It is kind of unfair that now that I recognize what Kang-Ho's hair remind me of he went and changed it. 

Seo Hyun and his motivations remain a complete mystery.

So glad that Eun Ho-Won outrage at the unfairness of the system remains in tact.

5 hours ago, dramafansg said:

Ji Na seem to finally understand that Ki Taek is the one guy who is super nice to her and is a gem. I feel so bad for Ki Taek . I 

Ji Na and Ki Taek relationship took a nice step today. Someone mentioned up-thread that they hoped Ki-Taek went back to studying for the civil service test and pass it.  I think that would be a good end for JiNa and KiTeak's story, especially  since Hauline wasn't the kind of work he was aiming for. It would also be fine if he became a house husband. 

3 people like this

Posted

One reason I like Kdrama,is  because they always handle the environment, backgrounds  and situations well, besides the drama and romances itself.
If it is painting, you will really learn about painting, if it is pottery,you will learn about real facts, if it is tailor-business, it will give you a look in the real things happening between Korea en Italy, and so on.

And now with Radiant Office:  I am 63, and lost my fulltime-contract 3 years ago at the airport, because of reorganisations. Our ( Holland) un-employment-system is rather good still, but you want more than that. So now I have worked in different jobs, and still work in complete other low-wage fields compare with what I was doing. But no worries about me, my pension is coming up in a few years and is safe.

But I  work, and have worked with so many people now, from just-starting-age till older people in the same situation as me.
We have one son who is doing well, fortunately, but we know so many young talented and qualified people around us, who are really struggling to get on, earn their own place to life instead of still living with their parents at age 30.

I read some comments above about "corporate Korea",  how lucky not to be in that situation, because not living in Korea.
Well, we have family in Canada, contacts in Australia and US.I think it is everywhere like that, we hear the same stories all over.

Besides the fact that Radiant Office is a good drama, with good acting, it gives those wee tiny details you can only know if you have been in that situation your self. You don't just think that up in your fantasy.
The bowers, pleasers, charmers and manipulators, you will meet them all if you go through that.
Applause for that  !

Besides that, I really like this drama.

Go Ah Sung is perfect as that seemingly shy, underdoggish Eun Ho Won.

I only knew her from Heard It Through The Grapevine, where she also could throw a bomb in the end, when others had their say to her.

5 people like this

Posted

BTS:

joffice_photo170427143410imbcdrama13.jpg

joffice_photo170427143410imbcdrama10.jpg

joffice_photo170427143410imbcdrama11.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

I think Dr Seo is going to get his butt whacked by Dad or something else very soon. I can't see any other way to resolve the spectacular downfall of Hauline. Did Mr Heo's holding back of Woo Jin meant he had a trump card up his sleeves? Maybe Chairman Seo has been listening to his son's business strategies all this time lying on his hospital bed, LOL. 

In my limited understanding of the business world, Dr Seo is a terrible terrible businessman. Who on earth kills the Cash Cow overnight and bet on the Question Mark being a Star?  I am referring to the BCG Matrix which is a model for allocating resources to various product lines in a business. 

I laud Manager Cho for her determination but I'm afraid she won't get a promotion because for one, I don't trust CEO Seo at all. Just look at how he sees nothing wrong in misleading applicants and making use of people. More than that, Hauline may never recover from this huge mistake and everyone including Manager Cho will lose their jobs. 

Woo Jin's problem is the way he talks to people. He is actually right on many things but the manner in which he delivers his opinions makes people close their minds. I wish he could have talked to Manager Cho nicely and be more sensitive. They need to work together to save Hauline from doom. 

I wanted to smack Dr Seo's smug face during the dinner. He is driving the point "there is no free lunch" to ad nauseam. I totally agree with Woo Jin that it's not just employees that need to be assessed. CEO Seo is more of a time bomb than Ho Won is. His pet project is nothing more than a vehicle to propel right to the top of Hauline. This is why it needs to be as 'groundbreaking' and grand as possible. 

This ambitious 'win at all costs" streak in him must have featured strongly in why his father deemed him unsuitable to take over Hauline. He will also fail at getting loyal employees because he has no principles and decency when it comes to people. 

6 people like this

Posted

24 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

I think Dr Seo is going to get his butt whacked by Dad or something else very soon. I can't see any other way to resolve the spectacular downfall of Hauline. Did Mr Heo's holding back of Woo Jin meant he had a trump card up his sleeves? Maybe Chairman Seo has been listening to his son's business strategies all this time lying on his hospital bed, LOL. 

This is what I hope aswell. Daddy wakes up, hears about his sons doings and bust his gut. 

26 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

I laud Manager Cho for her determination but I'm afraid she won't get a promotion because for one, I don't trust CEO Seo at all. Just look at how he sees nothing wrong in misleading applicants and making use of people. More than that, Hauline may never recover from this huge mistake and everyone including Manager Cho will lose their jobs. 

I hope as soon Daddy gets rid off Dr.Seo and he gives the job to eventually Mr.Seo he will refuse and give it to Manager Cho. Something in that direction.

4 people like this

Posted

54 minutes ago, dhakra said:

I hope as soon Daddy gets rid off Dr.Seo and he gives the job to eventually Mr.Seo he will refuse and give it to Manager Cho. Something in that direction.

In the spirit of the show, may be best man or woman win! As long as they fight on level playing field, I think both will accept the outcome graciously. Woo Jin might not be sensitive but I like that he apologized to Manager Cho immediately when she called him out for it. 

3 people like this

Posted

i really like the part when WJ was walking HW home (after time spent with her brother), when HW talked about how her brother was like an oppa to her. WJ pondered on the word "Oppa" and recalled fondly "that time when HW caller him oppa".. then he seemed a bit embarrassed and brushed it off when HW didn't seem to recall the incident. He is wishing that HW will call him Oppa :)

6 people like this

Posted

29 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

In the spirit of the show, may be best man or woman win! As long as they fight on level playing field, I think both will accept the outcome graciously. Woo Jin might not be sensitive but I like that he apologized to Manager Cho immediately when she called him out for it. 

Yep, may the best win.

giphy.gif

But my sympathy goes clearly towards Ms.Cho :D 

3 people like this

Posted

10 minutes ago, dhakra said:

But my sympathy goes clearly towards Ms.Cho

Well, am I surprised! If you had chosen Mr Tight Pants, I will have keeled over my keyboard. 

3 people like this

Posted

ep.14 but still the romance is not there it's a bit frustrating you know since only 2 episodes left.:frown:

Anyway,just want to share this with you guys, she's so cute in this video.:heart:

Posted

Go Ah Sung And Ha Seok Jin Talk About Difficulties Faced In ‘Radiant Office’

Question: Ha Seok Jin, in your previous work, you relentlessly showed off the charm of a very successful, but despicable character. Once again, you are playing a somewhat unkind character in ‘Radiant Office’. So, how did you distinguish this new role from your previous role which was quite similar?

Ha Seok Jin: When I was initially asked to play this role in ‘Radiant Office’, I found it slightly difficult and I had to think about it carefully. I felt that my character during the early stages of this drama will have many things in common with my previous character. However, after talking with the director, I came to realize that this drama would allow me to grow within the story. The character I played is someone who is not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. But rather, he encounters various shortcomings around misdeeds and politics in his life and eventually, he becomes inferior in society. Midway through the series, he gets frustrated as he faces competition with superiors who are born with privileges. With all these coupled together, I believe that my character in this drama series is different from the previous roles I’ve played.

Question: Go Ah Sung, you appeared in a movie titled ‘Office’. So what kind of differences you noticed regarding these two pieces? And how you have tried to distinguish your role in this drama from your previous character?

Go Ah Sung: I was also a little distressed over it, because the title of this series does overlap with the show I starred in previously. However, after reading the script, I realized that this drama is of completely different genre. Regarding my characters in these two respective dramas, they are quite similar. For example, my character in each show represents subordinates. They are reprimanded and treated unfairly, which turns into pent-up anger. Nonetheless, my character in this drama does not slay anybody. She only lets off her steam when she is frustrated or has pent-up anger.

Question: Go Ah Sung, dramas which feature lead actress on cable network during the weekend are well-received by the audience. On the other hand, on terrestrial channels, dramas that feature female actress as leads are not very well-received. Considering this, how will you approach your work moving forward?

Go Ah Sung: When I received the synopsis of this drama, I was so glad to find out that I got to play a character that has a forefront and an independent role in the drama. It’s something that has become quite rare recently. I am so immersed into this drama right now, and I am doing my best. I hope that this drama will turn out to be successful, so that it can have a positive influence on future dramas.

Question: Go Ah Sung, before the movie ‘Office’ was released, I remember you saying that you asked your friends about office life, so that you could study and understand your character a bit more. How about this time? How did you prepare for your role in this drama and what kind of character research have you done?

Go Ah Sung: I think playing an office-related role, at times, seems both familiar and unfamiliar to me. For example, some of the roles I have played so far were really difficult to pull off. They were unimaginable and I could not get any help in real life. For instance, in case of ‘Snowpiercer’, it is about future stories and in other cases, I had to give birth which I have never experienced in my life. However, when it comes to playing the role of an office worker, there are numerous office workers around me. My sisters are all working in an office. My friends who are the same age group as me are all office workers as well. But that does not mean it is an easy role to play either. For this drama in particular, while I was making preparations for the role of Eun Ho-won, I got tremendous help from my own sister. It took a while for me to embark on a new project and my sister just got a new job too. So there were many overlapping elements. Whenever I have some free time, I always give my sister a ride to and fro from work, just so I could hear many stories about office life from my sister. But they are not necessarily reflected in this drama. All offices are quite different however. Of course, there are some stories which are reflected in this show. Overall, it is all about gaining a fresh perspective through the eyes of someone closest to me. This I believe added more fun when I played that character.

2 people like this

Posted

52 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

Well, am I surprised! If you had chosen Mr Tight Pants, I will have keeled over my keyboard. 

<_< Can't even argue with that. -_-

1 person likes this