Go Seung Ji

[Current Drama 2017] Radiant Office 자체발광 오피스 - Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 22:00 KST

1,177 posts in this topic

Posted

12 hours ago, dramafansg said:

This week's episodes give me the 'slow burn' in the romance department 

Icouldn't agree more @dramafansg  Each episode is getting more boring to me.. 

7 people like this

Posted

10 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Each episode is getting more boring to me.. 

I think @dramafansg was quite positive about the drama except for the slow burn romance. But I can totally see why you or others might find the drama getting more boring. 

As I've said in my earlier post, this drama refuses to abide the Kdrama formula. There is perhaps no birth secret, no nefarious plot to insure temporary employees and no addictive romance like in SWDBS.  However, I love it for how it emphasizes on character study and how it focus on relationships. It is truly a slice of life type of show rather than dramatic. 

Though I prefer the politics to take a back seat, I understand why it's necessary because it is the very thing which outcome determines the fate of our trio in Hauline. I even found myself nodding a few times in this episode because the politics in this drama are the type you'd actually face in real corporate life. Take for example Chief Han, he was once an idealistic young employee who believed in putting in a honest day's work. But years of trying to survive in the system has made him into the man he is today. I can see the same thing happening to Ms Cho if she chooses to go down this road. 

The only thing I wish different for this drama is the romance. I enjoy the slow burn very much but at the same time, I can't wait for Ho Won and Woo Jin to start dating because they are just so cute together. 

11 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, triplem said:

tight fitting tee for oppa may not be a bad idea.

I don't even know why I got excited just seeing Woo Jin in a tee yesterday. 

Judging by how 'unconventional' this drama is, I am now very afraid we won't get any gratuitous a.k.a shirtless or shower scene. 

9 people like this

Posted

49 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Icouldn't agree more @dramafansg  Each episode is getting more boring to me.. 

Yip, sadly I have to agree to this aswell. 

The drama needs to ignite me again.

6 people like this

Posted

18 minutes ago, dhakra said:

Yip, sadly I have to agree to this aswell. 

The drama needs to ignite me again.

(hmmm did i detect some sarcasm in you earlier post??)

After watching with subs it was not so bad. When live capping I was dying for some OTP scenes .There were a lot of significant OTP moments that was shown but like @mrdimples say this show breaks a lot of k-drama tropes, so it may not be so obvious. But what was significant for me was how Woo Jin chose to keep the trio when he was the one who was against getting the jobs in the first place (eps 11) and then in this eps it went up a notch as he is now very protective of Ho Won and it is no longer because she's his staff. His heart has already fallen for her. 

---------------------

The turn of events with regards to the office politics was quite juicy. Han has been getting all these kick backs from the agent that brings in the Italian sofa. I'm not clear if Jerk park has a share in it as well. I knew the moment when Han said that Park will go down alone if the problem was not resolved, Park would betray him. I guess Park never saw it coming that Doc Shady would take Han's place. Serves him right. He must have thought that going down on his knees and begging Doc, and being Doc's man would give him that position. 

----------------

@mrdimples I liked WJ in casual clothes (although no clothes is still my ultimate preference). Like the one he wore the night trailing HW (he was in a black Hoodie) In all his dramas so far, he's usually in suits. So I like to see him in a more relaxed look.

12 people like this

Posted

32 minutes ago, triplem said:

no clothes is still my ultimate preference)

since show isn't giving us, let's help ourselves

download_zpswdm5qf1k.jpg

11 people like this

Posted

How cute. I see HW has a matching sofa upholstery dress. 

Screenshot_20170422-005049.png

Yeah @triplem after watching with subs the 2nd time and reading the recap, it wasn't so bad. But I just want moaaarrrrr HW and WJ. 

So, Jerk Park is the only corrupt one remaining. I feel like his days are numbered now that Director Han is out. WJ is onto him and Dr Seo knows he is two-faced and has honed in on Manager Cho being the capable one. The things that Jerk Park pulled before was already enough to get him fired elsewhere but without Director Han, he's now on his own. I don't expect Dr Seo to continue to turn a blind eye on his shady dealings. 

30 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

since show isn't giving us, let's help ourselves

All the office politics must be getting to him. A nice shower at the end of the day to relieve stress. 

1485229746_04_(1).gif

13 people like this

Posted

15 minutes ago, jellybellymonster said:

A nice shower at the end of the day to relieve stress.

More than stress, I want Ho Won to be the reason why Woo Jin needs a cold shower. 

For any couple, there must be physical attraction. Just being in close proximity should send their bodies reacting, just like how Ho Won was keenly aware of Woo Jin seating next to her in the cafeteria. I hope they will show more of that. 

13 people like this

Posted

In my mind they're already dating... They just haven't realized it yet. Haha

- bus accident scene, WJ was her HW seatbelt.

- spent the day together, brought her home to meet his dad

- eating out together intimately 

- held hands

- he stayed w/ her at the hospital. I know my boss wouldn't do that.

- they're in touch all the time after work i.e.) texting, walks her home

Yes, this weeks episodes were kinda meh in OTP movement... The two still makes my heart skip a beat. HW suggested team outing. WJ agreed so fast and even said they could go by themselves. :wub: Oh so subtle way of initiating it a date. Being the boss has his advantages yah WJ?

Til next week... I hope for progress. If we have 4 Ep. I hope they'll have time to show us the romance & not rush the ending.

15 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, triplem said:

(hmmm did i detect some sarcasm in you earlier post??)

After watching with subs it was not so bad. When live capping I was dying for some OTP scenes .There were a lot of significant OTP moments that was shown but like @mrdimples say this show breaks a lot of k-drama tropes, so it may not be so obvious. But what was significant for me was how Woo Jin chose to keep the trio when he was the one who was against getting the jobs in the first place (eps 11) and then in this eps it went up a notch as he is now very protective of Ho Won and it is no longer because she's his staff. His heart has already fallen for her. 

---------------------

The turn of events with regards to the office politics was quite juicy. Han has been getting all these kick backs from the agent that brings in the Italian sofa. I'm not clear if Jerk park has a share in it as well. I knew the moment when Han said that Park will go down alone if the problem was not resolved, Park would betray him. I guess Park never saw it coming that Doc Shady would take Han's place. Serves him right. He must have thought that going down on his knees and begging Doc, and being Doc's man would give him that position. 

----------------

@mrdimples I liked WJ in casual clothes (although no clothes is still my ultimate preference). Like the one he wore the night trailing HW (he was in a black Hoodie) In all his dramas so far, he's usually in suits. So I like to see him in a more relaxed look.

Sarcasm? Would I ever dare to use sarcasm?:rolleyes:

Still, the pace feels sooo slow, it's a drama after all and I want some scenes that keep me around. So far honeycakes is the only service that does it for me, even Ms.Chos plot starts to lose me. I want some OTP scenes and I'm already at the point where I know that 4, most likely 3 episodes of them being in a relationship is just too little.

14 minutes ago, chdom said:

Feels like ages ago, it really thought that was the starting point of their relationship.

10 people like this

Posted

7 hours ago, mrdimples said:

I think @dramafansg was quite positive about the drama except for the slow burn romance. But I can totally see why you or others might find the drama getting more boring. 

As I've said in my earlier post, this drama refuses to abide the Kdrama formula. There is perhaps no birth secret, no nefarious plot to insure temporary employees and no addictive romance like in SWDBS.  However, I love it for how it emphasizes on character study and how it focus on relationships. It is truly a slice of life type of show rather than dramatic. 

Though I prefer the politics to take a back seat, I understand why it's necessary because it is the very thing which outcome determines the fate of our trio in Hauline. I even found myself nodding a few times in this episode because the politics in this drama are the type you'd actually face in real corporate life. Take for example Chief Han, he was once an idealistic young employee who believed in putting in a honest day's work. But years of trying to survive in the system has made him into the man he is today. I can see the same thing happening to Ms Cho if she chooses to go down this road. 

The only thing I wish different for this drama is the romance. I enjoy the slow burn very much but at the same time, I can't wait for Ho Won and Woo Jin to start dating because they are just so cute together. 

I totally agree with you on this drama refusing to abide the Kdrama formula.  It's refreshing because of this.  I'm so used to seeing overacting, overreacting, overdoing emotions such as the anger (Han, I believe, was not a case of overdone anger) and betrayal, even overdoing the aegyo.  Though I might prefer to see our couple and only our couple, the office politics stuff was necessary.  Part of the drama title is office, after all.  So, we are seeing how our trio and hot boss and Mrs. Cho (who I believe will snap out of the grips of Jerk Park) and Mr. Heo are causing the office to radiate beams of positivity and wonder.  I likee.

10 people like this

Posted

5 hours ago, dhakra said:
5 hours ago, chdom said:

Feels like ages ago, it really thought that was the starting point of their relationship.

@dhakra My thoughts exactly! Their relationship just naturally progressed.

10 people like this

Posted

I am still enjoying this drama and I only wish for more romance. Ceo han's outburst gave me the shivers as it is quite reflective of how many employees face when they were retrenched even after spending many years working for their company. Its a good drama and I love how each character has been written. Jina was mean to ki taek but its a real situation that happens when women find their boyfriends lacking the drive to do better for their careers and more often than not, they have to take up more of the financial burden. Marriage without both parties striving for their careers and doing fine is difficult. The part about the window is v poignant. In short this drama gives us a lot of small moments of small wins and overall heartwarming one. Now pls hurry and speed up with the romance.:D

14 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, dramafansg said:

I am still enjoying this drama and I only wish for more romance. Ceo han's outburst gave me the shivers as it is quite reflective of how many employees face when they were retrenched even after spending many years working for their company. Its a good drama and I love how each character has been written. Jina was mean to ki taek but its a real situation that happens when women find their boyfriends lacking the drive to do better for their careers and more often than not, they have to take up more of the financial burden. Marriage without both parties striving for their careers and doing fine is difficult. The part about the window is v poignant. In short this drama gives us a lot of small moments of small wins and overall heartwarming one. Now pls hurry and speed up with the romance.:D

I agree with everything you've said. After I read Dramabeans' recap yesterday, it struck me that there were more insights that the drama offered than I realized. 

To those who were exasperated with Ji Na and Ki Taek, try this perspective...

Excerpt from Dramabeans Lollypip's comments: 

I am so freaking proud of Ki-taek right now, I could burst. Ji-na breaking up with him may have been painful and almost literally fatal, but he’s grown up so much because of it. Before, he just wanted to be with her, and didn’t think about how she was shouldering all the financial weight and worry in the relationship. As much as it would be wonderful if it didn’t matter, many marriages break up because of money, so it’s not shallow for either of them to be concerned by Ki-taek’s lack of a career at his age (he’s over thirty). Ki-taek has learned from this experience that he has a lot of work to do on himself before he’s ready to jump back into a relationship with Ji-na or anyone else. It’s a huge deal to go from wanting to die over losing Ji-na to turning her down because Ki-taek knows he’s in no position right now to be taking on a relationship that could very well lead to marriage. I do hope they get back together eventually, but I have so much respect for Ki-taek for understanding that if he lets things go back to how they were, they will just break up again eventually.

and 

What the show is doing, and it’s killing me, is giving each of the three friends a very compelling reason to want the job beyond just the regular paycheck. Ki-taek’s future with Ji-na depends on being hired and earning the confidence that he can be a good provider. Kang-ho’s relationship with his parents hinges on landing the job and proving to them that he’s not a failure. And Ho-won has just learned how to stand up for herself for no other reason than because she deserves good things, so losing the job could set her right back to square one. They all three have very good reasons for wanting to be hired on permanently, and I really don’t know which one will get it.

Of course, I would like all three to get confirmed as permanent employees. It's not far fetched because Hauline needs all of them in terms of manpower. Yong Jae is practically useless, I hope he gets kicked out with Jerk Park. Kang Ho is the only one doing the work and Ms Cho would surely need him. Now that Ho Won is learning better self control and taking responsibility, I find her an asset. I like her creativity, her ability to think out of the box, her resourcefulness and her determination. Ki Taek is someone described by Ji Na(not sure how bias she is, LOL!) who can achieve anything if he puts his mind to it. 

If Ho Won doesn't get the job, I think with this stint on her resume, experience and new resolve, she should get a new one pretty soon. I am also sure she's able to survive anywhere. Ditto Ki Taek, he's a man with a new purpose and a very strong one. It would actually be good if Ki Taek doesn't get it. This would be another test to how strong his relationship with Ji Na is. Ji Na can then show she really meant what she said and Ki Taek can show what he's made of.

The only one who might need more time to grow is Kang Ho. He's definitely changed from a guy who shakes in fear of his mom to one who is able to stand on his two feet. I don't want him to go back to his parents, he is so much better living out of their shadows.

10 people like this

Posted

I hope kang ho also become assertive soon but I can see why he is this way. Its hard when your parents are so overbearing. It reminds me of how asian parents often show off their kids to their friends and his lack of a prestigious job is probably a bugbear with his parents too. Its very sad though real. I am glad he moved out and I hope he will become stronger. 

11 people like this

Posted

14 hours ago, chdom said:

In my mind they're already dating... They just haven't realized it yet. Haha

- bus accident scene, WJ was her HW seatbelt.

- eating out together intimately 

- held hands

- he stayed w/ her at the hospital. I know my boss wouldn't do that.

- they're in touch all the time after work i.e.) texting, walks her home

Yes, this weeks episodes were kinda meh in OTP movement... The two still makes my heart skip a beat. HW suggested team outing. WJ agreed so fast and even said they could go by themselves. :wub: Oh so subtle way of initiating it a date. Being the boss has his advantages yah WJ?

Til next week... I hope for progress. If we have 4 Ep. I hope they'll have time to show us the romance & not rush the ending.

I like your list.  When I see it all at once, it puts a big grin on my face and, like you, makes me anxious for more and at a faster rate.  Yes, WJ was pretty speedy in his response about the team outing and just as fast to suggest going by themselves.  It was a cool, bit sneaky and subtle way to initiate a date.  And I like the confidence with which he suggested that.  I find that very attractive. Then again, they say nothing is more attractive than a person in love.

Loved his thumbs up/vote of confidence to Ho Won, and I didn't even mind that nosey, irritating Yong Jae hmmphing after WJ asked, "What?" soon after.  WJ is not only very aware of HW, but he has shown his care for her in so many ways, as you've shown, and beyond.  I keep creating scenarios in my head about them having to be in close proximity to each other, and lo and behold, we will likely be blessed with that when they go hiking.  Let's see...she sprains her foot and he has to piggyback her. OR they lose their way and they have to sleep overnight in the forest OR they encounter a wild animal and have to take refuge in a dark, small cave.  See?  The possibilities are endless.

Oh, and the "bed scene" was so cute.  Oppa! (act natural, as you just told me to be)...

9 people like this

Posted

ROcollague.jpg

In kdramaland usually both lead would aware this is a sign of “dating”. The female lead reaction would be like over the moon and full of butterflies, smile and start saying internally “oh is this a date?” and the male lead would feel awkward cause he just caught himself asking for a date. But here I looooove how casual WJ and HW talk about it. I understand the slow progression between them because the guy is her boss anyway. You can not suddenly date your boss (because he looks great and hot). These two had a dinner and go home together and still remain professional and take things normally. Each day slowly they become closer, we see HW now feels comfortable talking to WJ like a friend. To me every healthy relationship shoud start like this. I can not wait next week when they go hiking together. Yess!!!!

Dir_Han_RO.jpg

This, Director Han’s scene really hit me, despite his terrible doings, i feel for him because it also happened in my office, something we can relate. When you’re staying at the same company for so long, things are definitely different from when we first started. We've changed, the job environment has changed. Director Han said he started like GM Seo, but years later, imo maybe you decide to stay for the money.

11 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, kappy said:

I like your list.  When I see it all at once, it puts a big grin on my face and, like you, makes me anxious for more and at a faster rate.  Yes, WJ was pretty speedy in his response about the team outing and just as fast to suggest going by themselves.  It was a cool, bit sneaky and subtle way to initiate a date.  And I like the confidence with which he suggested that.  I find that very attractive. Then again, they say nothing is more attractive than a person in love.

Loved his thumbs up/vote of confidence to Ho Won, and I didn't even mind that nosey, irritating Yong Jae hmmphing after WJ asked, "What?" soon after.  WJ is not only very aware of HW, but he has shown his care for her in so many ways, as you've shown, and beyond.  I keep creating scenarios in my head about them having to be in close proximity to each other, and lo and behold, we will likely be blessed with that when they go hiking.  Let's see...she sprains her foot and he has to piggyback her. OR they lose their way and they have to sleep overnight in the forest OR they encounter a wild animal and have to take refuge in a dark, small cave.  See?  The possibilities are endless.

Oh, and the "bed scene" was so cute.  Oppa! (act natural, as you just told me to be)...

How could I forget the "bed" scene? That part adorkable for WJ. He's so confident at work, but when it comes HW, he really turns into mush and shows his dorky side. 

12 people like this

Posted

Hello... I have been a silent reader of this forum so far n just want to share my point of view on Dr Seo regarding HW.  in his car after HW confront n threatened him, he seem proud that HW is standing up to him. The normal HW would just leave and accept it as her due but for her to come back and even dare to threat such a powerful figure that could damage her career make it more meaningful. From my point of view Dr Seo kind of like it. I can see there are some romantic feeling from Dr Seo when he keep single out HW.

Dont get me wrong, I still think he's a jerk for what he did, but I do think he did develop some romantic feeling toward HW. I cant seem to let go the feeling that Dr Seo is your typical villain. Truly hope that there will be some redeeming quality to his character later...

13 people like this

Posted

." I can be good at anything. But I just dont SHOW IT!":wub:

I love WJ's reply to Mr Heo when he was praised. So Woo Jinah, please show us what you can do to Ho Won once you realise your feeling for her.:lol:

I can sense that Dr has become more SMITTEN with HW when she threatened to sue him. I think he has already liked her from the beginning.

That being the case, I'm THRILLED as it will make WJ realise his feeling for HW and SPUR him into action as soon as possible. Let the jealousy begin!:blush:

11 people like this