Spoiler

the liar & his lover press con:

Spoiler

how joy got the role:

Spoiler

cast message to audience:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Red Velvet’s Joy And Lee Hyun Woo Say Their Chemistry Is Off The Charts In “The Liar And His Lover”

Spoiler

Lee Hyun Woo Red Velvet Joy

Lee Hyun Woo, Red Velvet’s Joy, Lee Jung Jin, Lee Seo Won, Hong Seo Young, and PD Kim Jin Min attended the press conference of tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “The Liar and His Lover” on March 14.

When asked about their chemistry, Lee Hyun Woo and Joy gave themselves a perfect 100 score, and the idol added, “When we had our first script run through, I had a hard time looking Lee Hyun Woo in the eye because I was shy. But he treated me warmly, and helped me really get into character. That’s why I think our chemistry is off the charts.”

Lee Hyun Woo also spoke of their partnership and said, “When I first saw Joy, I thought she was so cute. She told me she found it difficult to approach me because I looked so innocent.” He also stated, “I could feel the trust in Joy’s eyes when she looked at me while filming. Though I was nervous on set, I found myself getting lost in her eyes.”

Hearing this, Lee Jung Jin joked, “I guess this is a press conference to announce their relationship.”

He also chimed in, “I recently asked Lee Hyun Woo if the two of them are actually dating. I think there’s going to be a dating rumor about these two by the end of the drama. That’s how good their chemistry is.”

“The Liar and His Lover” is set to begin airing on March 20.

Lee Hyun Woo shares advice on acting in 'Grazia'

Spoiler

lee-hyun-woo

Returning to the small screen after a year with tvN's new drama 'The Liar and His Lover', actor Lee Hyun Woo posed for fashion magazine 'Grazia.'

The photoshoot took on the concept of 'A Day In the Life of a Genius Composer' as his concept for the particular photo shoot, also talking about the reason for his comeback to the small screen, because of director Kim Jin Min. "When I first met with the director, I really wanted to work on this project. I thought maybe I could learn a lot from this, you know like a life mentor of some kind. Thanks to him I am not only learning but enjoying acting as well," he said. 

About his continuous offers to play the role of a young boy, the actor commented, "I wanted to act as a manly character in the past. However, I feel like now is the only time to present my current self. I want to do the best I can in any given situation."

When asked what his favorite quote or advice was, Lee Hyun Woo responded, "Through this project, I learned not to get too carried away with complements. Director Kim and senior actor Choi Min Soo mentioned that people are always longing to hear compliments so don't rely too much on such things. Though succeeding as an actor is important, I think spending time with people and bringing them happiness is just as crucial."

Lee Hyun Woo And Red Velvet’s Joy Sweetly Describe Their First Impressions Of Each Other

Spoiler

red velvet joy lee hyun woo 2

Actor Lee Hyun Woo and Red Velvet’s Joy show off their sunny chemistry in a photo shoot for their upcoming drama “The Liar and His Lover.”

The tvN show revealed clips of the two co-stars from behind-the-scenes of their poster pictorial.

In the video, Lee Hyun Woo and Joy were cheerful and chummy together while playing with bubbles on the set of the photo shoot.

During their break, the two would joke around playfully blow bubbles together. They were just as friendly when they posed for the shoot, where they lovingly smiled and gazed into each other’s eyes.

Spoiler

red velvet joy lee hyun woo

In his interview, Joy described her first impression of Lee Hyun Woo, “He makes good eye contact and warms up the atmosphere.”

Lee Hyun Woo also shared what he first thought of his co-star and said, “She looked kind. She was just like [her character in the drama] So Rim.”

When he spoke about Joy, he teasingly referred to her as “Ms. Joy” and burst into laughter, showing how much closer the two have become.

Catch Joy and Lee Hyun Woo’s refreshing romance on the music drama “The Liar and His Lover” when it first airs on March 20!

Joy and Lee Hyun Woo put on an array of expressions in teaser making clip for 'The Liar and His Lover'!

Both the lead actor and actress are tasked with putting on an array of different emotions for their very close-up shots, from a natural, bright smile to a sort of sad, but hopeful smile. 

While filming for the teaser scene where Joy is running late for a date with Lee Hyun Woo, she cutely complains that the guitar on her back keeps hitting her in the back of her head, and more!

Spoiler

Joy Lee Hyun Woo The Liar and his Lover

Watch: Lee Hyun Woo Stutters His Way Into A Lie To Hide Identity From Red Velvet’s Joy In New Trailer Video

tvN has revealed another trailer for its upcoming drama “The Liar and His Lover,” featuring Red Velvet’s Joy and Lee Hyun Woo!

In the latest teaser, Lee Hyun Woo and Joy’A montage of scenes continue as a key moment is shown, where Joy (as Yoon So Rim) asks Lee Hyun Woo, “Are you a composer?” Taken aback, he immediately lies to her, “I’m nobody,” successfully hiding his identity as famous songwriter Kang Han Kyul.s first meeting is shown, as a voiceover talks about Lee Hyun Woo as “a producer who really respects his artists,” but not before Joy thinks that she found someone to like.

Spoiler

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post as needed
8 people like this

Posted (edited)

script reading:

bts:

bts:

Spoiler

#TheLiarandHisLover releases new still cuts: #RedVelvet's #Joy #Leehyunwoo

Spoiler

C7MszDmXQAA1Ejy.jpg

C7Msz7uW4AEQZGB.jpg

C7Ms23VW4AAPVVy.jpg

Spoiler

C7Ms1V1XwAAz5bK.jpg

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post as needed
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

#TheLiarandHisLover

C7CCBRbV0AAdUy7.jpg

Spoiler

C7CCB-DVAAAlFqb.jpg

C7CCDawV0AA7ct_.jpg

C7CCCstVAAAizNr.jpg

Relationship Chart drama tvN 'The Liar and His Lover'.

Spoiler

C6nGTK9V0AU3Sqo.jpg

Edited by Berou
Please don't post consecutively, edit your posts as needed
9 people like this

Posted

Interview with cast of the liar and his lover

7 people like this

Posted

D-day !!!

8 people like this

Posted

Hope someone cn give a brief about ep 1 once it finishes airing... :) 

6 people like this

Posted

Going to watch the raw.. once I see raw. If you back read pages, I've been saying wanna see if this will be  similar in vibe to the J-movies I've seen twice.

The other J-movie- Solomon's Perjury with a recent k version ( finished already) was done  and acted superbly and I thoroughly enjoyed, Hoping  the same thing for this k version.  And again, since storie involves a band, sound engineer, characters whose passion   are singing and writing music, hoping good OST for this.. as well.  But mainly hoping this will be a good drama. In the j-movie- they first met / bumped on the bridge. Lets see how this one goes.

7 people like this

Posted

FIRST OST:

MUSIC VIDEO JOY - YEOWOOYA (ost the liar and his lover)

My first impression: 

(First i dont really like school drama, or musical drama)

apart of music and teen days, i quiet liking love line between lead.. (kinda similiar feeling watching love birds from do bong soon drama, teen love life, heart fluttering) also there is few slow motion scene where the lead first meeting, all perfect package.. 

As newbie in acting field, joy did good job on her part.. (we know Male lead talent, so i have no comment, he did great job to make my heart beat)

i thought this would be similiar with teen musical drama, but after watching first episode, i change my mind.. 

the preview makes me feel unpatient !!! 

PREVIEW 2

CUT SCENES HERE:

Spoiler

11 people like this

Posted

I've just seen the raw ep. 

It's so weird cause I had just read about this Kdrama last night (Monday morning Korea time), and was delighted to find out I didn't even have to wait that long for the premiere haha! So I live streamed this episode when I woke up this morning while I got ready and had breakfast. 

First impressions--I like the lightness of it, Joy's smile just makes me happy. Lee Hyun Woo, I also love, but I wasn't sure yet if I would love him here as the producer. Need to watch with subs first. 

I liked that bus scene though. So Rim helping the old lady, and Han Kyul startling the passengers by suddenly yelling a cheer over the phone for his guys in the band. 

But then by the middle of it I got really intrigued to see the Japanese film, so I paused right about when they meet--Han Kyul is on the bridge and he's humming a song he's composing in his head but his phone dies right then. So Rim happens to pass by him while on her bike. He quickly asks to borrow her phone, records his partial song, and he sends it to himself before he runs off, leaving Soo Rim befuddled. She runs after him but she doesn't catch up--

Like I said I paused, then I looked for the Japanese movie as fast as I could and watched it right away. Fastest hour and 50 minutes ever haha. Needless to say I really enjoyed the movie. I liked the songs, the leads (Aki I love you!!!!), and I liked how--to me--the film came off like an indie film production. There wasn't that glitzy showbiz stuff I expected from this kind of concept. It's a film with music incorporated well in it. 

So then right after, I went back to watch the rest of this show's pilot. Right now I can't tell yet whether I love it. Have to wait for the subs and for me to watch the whole thing uninterrupted this time. But I'm quite hopeful. Because I thought that in the film, things needed a bit more time to breathe--the falling in love, writing music, singing those songs, getting to the conflict, then the resolution. There were so many things I wanted to see more of,and that's what a drama with 16+ episodes could be perfect for. 

If there's one thing I wish they would bring over to the Kdrama adaptation though, that would be Aki's sneak attack kisses. Hahaha :wub:

7 people like this

Posted

Hi all!

I'm really excited to watch Episode 1 because I am a huge fan of Lee Hyun Woo :wub: I've been waiting for him to be casted in another drama as a main lead and the time has finally come! Episode 1 is out with subs on the site where I watch my dramas so I am off to watch it right now! :lol:

6 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, ferily said:

Hi all!

I'm really excited to watch Episode 1 because I am a huge fan of Lee Hyun Woo :wub: I've been waiting for him to be casted in another drama as a main lead and the time has finally come! Episode 1 is out with subs on the site where I watch my dramas so I am off to watch it right now! :lol:

Me too! I am a huge fan of Lee Hyun Woo. I think this role fits him really well. I will have to watch it a bit later after I finish my work.

7 people like this

Posted

Hello. Time to rise and shine Lee Hyun Woo. Adores him so much after God of Study times along with Yoo Seung Ho. This drama is definitely my cup of tea. :) looking forward to ep2. Joy is cute. 

7 people like this

Posted

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtGUGCbZ7WxoLDpP8Uhduimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQedlnXsiEH_d_RDiu1fYDimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqhKc95Ku-hjVNQZB7_Hl

First time posting and I hope you all won't mind my joining you here while enjoying this drama.  After watching the first episode last night I was sweetly surprised at just how much I loved it!  I wasn't surprised about the OTP however by LHW & JOY whom I have seen before and really enjoyed them both.  I have to say there was a spark of chemistry between them right from the start.  Not sure if it's their eye contact or the tender vibe you almost can feel that surrounds them...

I am all about romance but this would seem to have a fresh new feel with a bonus in having some great music to go along with the story.  Just one episode but from what we know it would seem that they both will bring out something hidden within each other.  I believe he will through support of her talent and knowledge of the music world.  Not only inspire her but give her the confidence to overcome and face her fears within and give her the strength to believe not only in herself but in her talent as well.  I think she will end up giving him more by rekindling his thirst for life and just like her real name give him the JOY back that he once felt and found in music...

This is why I think JOY bringing to life YSR is so perfect and most likely why they picked her.  From watching her on WGM and Red Velvet I was always impressed by the perfection of her parents in picking out her name.  For she possess a natural bubbly personality that no one can miss or deny!  I mean her smile is larger than life and she has this caring spirit about her that gives off this warm feeling and burst for life.  That to me makes her the best choice for this role...

LHW also has some great acting ability and while watching him in Moorim School.  I was impressed at how mature he came across.  He has a way about him that makes a person believe in him.  He has tenderness in being able to understand and even protect those around him.  He has a face for some reason that says I'm strong but soft and his feelings are not like Joys out in the open but hidden behind him and underneath... He is deep but with a touch of mystery...

I think this will be a sweet journey and I believe they are a sweet match...

Looking forward to the next episode and sharing here as well...:wub:

6 people like this

Posted

please support redvelvet joy and her 1st actiing here tyvm

6 people like this

Posted

I am a big fan of Red Velvet and its members, especially Joy but let me give an honest review of the vibe I've been getting from the 1st episode alone. I love how Joy kept smiling through the good times as well as the tough times in her life. However smiling too much for the tough times can make it seem fake. But she also did show her emotional range in the end when she remembered her past and in meeting Hyun Woo's character, by pouring out a bucket of tears but mind you those tears look fake - although her expressions were honest and a little weak. I'd say she's doing surprisingly well for her first drama. I love Hong Seo-Young's acting as well as Hyun Woo's although his expressions seemed a bit forceful at times. And trust me guys, if you let those 'Rotten Tomatoes' critics to come and give this drama a review you'll hardly be hearing any pleasant words coming out of their keyboards. So when I'm saying I was being honest with my review I wasn't actually being honest. I'm actually kind of biased towards my Joy because she has this bright and optimistic personality that you just can't help but to smile and turn a blind-eye from the screen. But I am sure the way-too-easy-to-please audiences will love this drama.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

First time posting and I hope you all won't mind my joining you here while enjoying this drama.  After watching the first episode last night I was sweetly surprised at just how much I loved it!  I wasn't surprised about the OTP however by LHW & JOY whom I have seen before and really enjoyed them both.  I have to say there was a spark of chemistry between them right from the start.  Not sure if it's their eye contact or the tender vibe you almost can feel that surrounds them...

I am all about romance but this would seem to have a fresh new feel with a bonus in having some great music to go along with the story.  Just one episode but from what we know it would seem that they both will bring out something hidden within each other.  I believe he will through support of her talent and knowledge of the music world.  Not only inspire her but give her the confidence to overcome and face her fears within and give her the strength to believe not only in herself but in her talent as well.  I think she will end up giving him more by rekindling his thirst for life and just like her real name give him the JOY back that he once felt and found in music...

This is why I think JOY bringing to life YSR is so perfect and most likely why they picked her.  From watching her on WGM and Red Velvet I was always impressed by the perfection of her parents in picking out her name.  For she possess a natural bubbly personality that no one can miss or deny!  I mean her smile is larger than life and she has this caring spirit about her that gives off this warm feeling and burst for life.  That to me makes her the best choice for this role...

LHW also has some great acting ability and while watching him in Moorim School.  I was impressed at how mature he came across.  He has a way about him that makes a person believe in him.  He has tenderness in being able to understand and even protect those around him.  He has a face for some reason that says I'm strong but soft and his feelings are not like Joys out in the open but hidden behind him and underneath... He is deep but with a touch of mystery...

I think this will be a sweet journey and I believe they are a sweet match...

Looking forward to the next episode and sharing here as well...:wub:

agree with you everytime. :)

Edited by rainmoon
removed quoted picture, do not quote pics.
5 people like this

Posted

Lee Hyun Woo is person who brings smile to your face instantly. When he smiles, we would be smiling along. Such a puppy faced little gem. Hope he breaks through with this drama. Since it's Joy's first drama, i am keeping my expectations lower. But throughly enjoyed Joy in the first episode. She was a bit much smiley face though kk. 

7 people like this