Chi Le

[Current Tvn Drama 2017] The Liar and His Lover - Lee Hyun Woo, Joy

178 posts in this topic

Posted

@USfarmgirl and @nonski Thanks for the shoutouts.

I do like this drama and hope more can come. Tax season here form moi. I am grateful I can still lurk. (I have never read the manga or watched the Japanese version) But I am enjoying this Korean version so far. I like having something bright and cute to balance my other dramas I am watching.

EP 3 was sweet. I agree with all that LHW as HG smile is so adorbs. (My mom and I adore Kim Jae Won's smile (so like the sunshine as well).

See finally seeing everything, so based on the clip I was right he had to clean his ears out hearing the bad singing---the siren of SR voice for him to listen to it again. I am glad he listened to it. When he got into it and smiled he threw it like a hot potato realizing belatedly the source. Even though he tried to avoid it and throw SR's "heart and soul" her beautiful voice is intoxicating to him.

When he just up and impulsively went to find her (after trying to figure out which school she went to on the internet doing research based on her school uniform) after she ignored his calls. (Timing is everything, how would our poor SR know or think after HG lashed out ---she would not want to fix her phone as NO ONE would call.) 

In the end when they did meet up after she sang lines of her version of his song, it was so charged and romantic the longing looks they exchanged. His warbled confession or mess of words after listening to your song I had to see you. I am mad and angry I cannot say what I want I just had to see you  blah blah. I love how SR is like, (after he got a call that his dad was found) how can you leave me as I don't understand what you said?) The intensity of the phone booth (when it started raining and they were standing in there together----the feels). Yes I like phone booths---not much around anymore ---such a great romantic scene prop LOL. 

I love the actor Lee Jung Jin but man his role as Producer Choi----he definitely knows how to manipulate and say things to get what he wants. When he told Yoo Na to lie to HG to get songs from him about their relationship ---I am glad she called him out. I knew you were a liar. He had the nerve to try to pacify her to say I would never lie to you. Once a liar ---hard to stop lying.

Joy is doing a great job---she matches the role so well with her natural adorbs smile and aegyo that shines with happiness and joy. I want to smile with  her. Coupled with LHW smiling, they are undeniably cute!

Saw the stirrings of the triangle at the end of ep 3, but I like that the lies don't last too long. I mean HK found out SR was a HS student quickly and he will be found out to be K soon by SR friend who likes her soon enough. 

As for Yoo Na, you cannot have your cake and eat it too. I mean she said some things were right on and HK could not deny. But also you were two timing him. When you asked to break up you did not even want to have him back it seems. Even when in anger, you said it that is not the way to keep a relationship with ultimatums. She definitely was right in many ways what she said to HK but also her going with Producer Choi was not smart. But I guess when consoled by someone even if not your BF ---you appreciate the attention. But Producer Choi---no no. I do feel bad for her in the way she is viewed as a face and body only with her time up (mentioned time and time again). Even the woman in charge said ---you got to make me money not lose money with Yoona. Why bother with all these shows that are singing but not showcasing her assets---face and body? Yeah it is a business and you need to make money, it is a reality. Your time to shine is only so finite.

I am sure I am not making much sense of heads and tails now just a mash of stuff thrown out there. Now I got to get back to work. I think in Korea it started as it is 11pm K time and now here is 10am here for me to get some REAL work done. SIGH.

Enjoy and have a good one! I am not happy with tvN for posting the clips soooooooo late!

4 people like this

Posted

it's about to start in a bit...

4 people like this

Posted

Please send me link for it?

3 people like this

Posted

I was able to watch the last ten minutes and CY becomes the producer of SR's band, while KHG only realised his mistake at the end. Based on the preview and if I understood it correctly, CY asks KHG to hide his identity as K from SR.cry milk bottle

8 people like this

Posted

So CY is her producer. She tells HK she got casted and he said great. She feels she is awkward or the outfit doesn't match her. But as we can see HK has his breathe taken away by SR looking cute and feminine to him.

Also in the clip she asks CY what type /kind of person "K" is, CY takes the time to give his two cents and one of them is "annoying" lol.

HK fled seeing CY and SR talking at the company and I guess it is true he wants to hide his identity as "K'". (Not going to last long if her friend knows already his identity.

OOOH preview for ep 5

8 people like this

Posted

Even if don't know Korean and I still have to watch Episode 3 subbed I tried to livestream EPISODE 4, main things that I think I grasped are:

OTP wants to hold hands SO badly, like when they're together they work like magnets or something, yet no skinship happened (HK you can't fight this, please surrender)

also, second lead is seriously smitten and all over SR already. She is quietly singing OST 2 (I can totally relate, this is so addicting I'm scared) and second lead is shocked and casually ask about the song and she makes HK's name, so I guess plotting-second-lead immediately understand she's HK's "girl"

poor HK is punished for his lies and his stubbornness, because in the end he refuse to work with the the "new band" not knowing this involves SR (this is my wild guessing) and I think the projects goes to plotting-second-lead

in the end HK meets SR's buddies in the agency (this building is SO big I'm going nuts here) and now he knows and freaks out and runs on the terrace to search SR (who is busy parting with plotting-second-lead) but obviously he ends up ON THE OTHER TERRACE (why this **** building needs TWO TERRACE) so he's alone watching those two shaking hands ( ... )

Conclusions: I still have to watch Episode 3 and I need to elaborate more but, for now, "whining HK" seems more sincere than plotting-second-lead. Of course, HK is The Liar, he lies continuously and about important matters, but in my opinion he's way more sincere with his emotions. If he's happy he smiles, if he's angry or frustrated he shouts and, for sure, he can be pretty insensitive with the other people, but you know for sure what he's feeling and I like that.

Preview: HK's suffering, I still don't know why, but he has to hide that he's K, so there's a lot of hiding and spying on SR x plotting-second-lead budding relationship aand there's SR appearing in a pretty dress and HK being in awe. Poor boy.

I'm writing from my smartphone, hope this won't be too confusing~

*wink wink*

8 people like this

Posted

Some kind person posted small clips again (tvN why are you so late posting clips?)

Here is a stab on what I saw in the clips by someone (in no particular order)

-One clip has CY with Producer Choi and SR is singing (alone) and CY is mesmerized. I am too watching SR (Joy) singing with pure enjoyment and abandon in her love of music and the song. I feel so free and light listening to her. (Joy is killing it.)

-One clip CY comes in though he is not expected at the studio as he looks at SR intently. Producer Choi clocks his interest. (So this is how he gets CY to be SR and her band's producer. Well he did offer to HK he said no.) Her bandmate who likes her doesn't like CY interest and eyes at SR. He fiddles with her mic and headphones in the recording booth. The bandmate is not having it and shows his jealousy. Only our dear pure and sweet SR is oblivious. CY talks to the drummer and the bass guitarist too as he is their Producer.  Producer Choi totally sees it from CY. LOL.

-As seen in the preview, Yoo Na is talking to HK as he departs the company and she immediately turns around seeing SR waiting outside. HK immediately goes to SR to take her away from the company and seeing YN

-Next is our impromptu date scene, he holds her hand for a bit and then stops saying---do you have time? So then proceed them doing some window shopping along the outdoor vendors. SR is like---CRUDE PLAY running to the CLAW machine. R wants to go something from the CLAW machine. Wait, I have no change. SR is like--I have change here!  Cute how she smiles and is like --HERE! They are adorbs showing their frustration and finally happiness when she gets SOMETHING after a number of failed attempts. TOTALLY cute clip here. (Gosh I remember the one in DOCTORS-sigh). SR mentions "K" and HK is like "K?" SR is shocked---You don't know "K"?  She spends alot of change trying to get something from it (Later in another clip she has the CRUDE PLAY members dolls lined up in her bedroom by her bed)

-Then next SR wants to go into SKECHERS store for sneakers. Yoo Na is their brand model and is in their posters. So HK while SR is looking for size 40 shoes for herself says come out when done (He is not wanting to look at YN on the poster.)

-Another clip has HK walking somewhere in the dark listening then break to next day, SR is walking with friend to school. She excuses herself from them not entering the school just yet. She clears her throat as she picks up her cell phone, HK calls out to her. He has something with him. Next you see them sitting and he hands what he brought over to her. It is  present. Inside is ice cream-SR this is "jjang".  He says something quickly and SR is like---again, where are you going ?

9 people like this

Posted

41 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I was able to watch the last ten minutes and CY becomes the producer of SR's band, while KHG only realised his mistake at the end. Based on the preview and if I understood it correctly, CY asks KHG to hide his identity as K from SR.cry milk bottle

Thanks for clarifying things a little, I should have know keeping his identity a secret could only be plotting-second-lead's genious idea -_-

Guess I'll have to tie a pillow on my table, I'm expecting a lot of headdesking in the near future..

5 people like this

Posted

While typing the kind person posted the ending clip as @lovcom00  and @bebebisous33mentions and excuse my spotty not good Korean.

-HK is looking frantically and running only to see CY and SR on the other rooftop of the building

-HK catches CY talking to SR---the jist if we are together then you will not be "alone" no matter what, even your fave "crude play" he mentions something who you like so much got to stop? . SR is like don't say it like that. CY responds but this your "life" we are talking about. Up to this point with your sincerity and passion making songs, even trying to run away just give it three years. SR shyly smiles. CY repeats "three years" and HK then sees CY puts out his hand for SR to shake his hand with both her hands. HK looks crestfallen as he sees both SR and CY smiling at each other as they are shaking hands. Conveniently at the camera angle looks like a love triangle even though he is on the other roof top.

-preview of ep 5

One new thing in this clip (I did not see in the tvN clip) was SR meets the guys of Crude Play coolly walking into the recording booth as SR giggles like the fan girl she is and almost falls backwards to have the handsome men of CRUDE PLAY try to prevent her from falling down. Then you have the LEAD player say her name before she can introduce herself properly she is CHARMED!

-CY looks on and later you see CY and HK on the rooftop and CY says something to HK (not sure what) maybe even with HK hyung he won't let go or let him interfere (sorry not sure here).

-then to the scene HK is waiting for SR and turns at the coffee shop to see her walking with her bright smile and pretty dress outfit as she voiceovers---this doesn't look good on me .... HK says no you are pretty.

5 people like this

Posted

Preview Episode 5

lol someone is jealous now on hyun woo's character please i hope they getting closer

6 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Why KHG why???? Why did you let CY take her band :bawling: Knew it was coming, but CY's character looks more irritating here than in J version... or is it just me who feels that coz LHW has an innocent face? :o 

4 people like this

Posted

Hi! Does anyone know the song Joy sang in the end of episode 3, start of episode 4? She was singing it on the rooftop after whistling a few lines! 

4 people like this

Posted

17 minutes ago, hppatronus said:

Why KHG why???? Why did you let CY take her band :bawling: Knew it was coming, but CY's character looks more irritating here than in J version... or is it just me who feels that coz LHW has an innocent face? :o 

@hppatronus  CY will cause more damage to her then anything first off he don't write or produce music he wll steal KHG songs and give them to SR knowing that KHG wouldn't wont to hurt SR so he gets the credit for it..  CY will inform SR about KHG Ex.. KHG will see CY true colors.. CY using SR because he's not talented like KHG will also harm there own band if KHG stop writting for them

5 people like this

Posted

21 minutes ago, Sarah said:

Hi! Does anyone know the song Joy sang in the end of episode 3, start of episode 4? She was singing it on the rooftop after whistling a few lines! 

I think the ost  hasn't been released yet

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, seashell7 said:

I think the ost  hasn't been released yet

Thanks!! Is that the same for the song that she was singing in the recording studio in today's episode around the 14minute mark? 

Edited by Berou
Mod edit : please don't quote videos
4 people like this

Posted

C8AsG9pUwAAAnhS.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

Annyeong Liar Lovers!

I'm posting this for now... really tired so despite watching the raw I won't be able to post anything much yet.

I guess from episode 4 we see one of the assistants at Sole Music saw the post of the real_crude play.

Then during practice the members record their songs.  I guess they are posting their practice incognito.

If that is the case, this video taken from this clip will probably leak out and HK will know of what' really going on.

I hate how Choi undermines them.  He makes himself the better person.  I think these guys really improved already.

They weren't just given the chance to prove it.  

TxnlVjQ.png

4 people like this