Fatma28

[Current Weekend Drama 2017] You Are Too Much 당신은 너무합니다 Second teaser update PG 1

YJN mentioned reason why she chose ST was because any man worthy of HD's heart must be special. So the title "you are too much" may be a hint YJN is going for more repeats? 

Title reminds me of Queen of Ambition, a woman who cares only for her own happiness.

If HD ends up with PHJ and YJN tries to pull him away from HD, the tug of war will be with MrCEO. His homely daughter in law has already applied this game with YJN and CEO.

Dowager grandma wl be in a fix which sides to take. A new girl with father as gas station employee or YJN :D

Lets assume HD finally became very involved with LKS.. hehehe cannot imagine YJN trying to pull LKS to her not realising he is her own son :lol: Wld be nice if LKS plays on to teach mummy dearie a lesson on abandonement.

• Like 7

littlex2000    493
5 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

YJN mentioned reason why she chose ST was because any man worthy of HD's heart must be special. So the title "you are too much" may be a hint YJN is going for more repeats? 

Title reminds me of Queen of Ambition, a woman who cares only for her own happiness.

If HD ends up with PHJ and YJN tries to pull him away from HD, the tug of war will be with MrCEO. His homely daughter in law has already applied this game with YJN and CEO.

Dowager grandma wl be in a fix which sides to take. A new girl with father as gas station employee or YJN :D

Lets assume HD finally became very involved with LKS.. hehehe cannot imagine YJN trying to pull LKS to her not realising he is her own son :lol: Wld be nice if LKS plays on to teach mummy dearie a lesson on abandonement.

That would be very interesting if YJN tries to pull LKS toward her not realizing that he is her son.   LKS will automatically drawn to YJN because deep down he still love his mother even though she hurt him greatly. LKS will have his hands full trying to vie for HD's attention especially if PHJ starts to fall for HD and trying to gain his mom's love.  Now I can see YJN wreaking havoc at the CEO's house if she starts to pull PHJ away from his fiancé causing jealousy with the CEO, a fight with the fiancé, and giving the grandma a heart attack. YJN is too much but that's what makes the story so interesting and exciting :D 

• Like 7

Nymeria289    19,080

Loved episode 5 & 6. I loved how Na Kyung is fighting back. Give Halmoni hell. I get kyung Soo is upset, nobody likes pity. Its 50 episode drama, if there aren't a few misunderstandings then this won't work.

I love, love PHJ and HD together. I like how carefree PHJ becomes around her, fighting like a child, defending his stupid behavior for no reason, both offending each other. For a stranger, I think PHJ is much more comfortable around Hae Dang compared to his whole family combined. He has no reason to be around her now yet he does that. My bets on him falling first.  Now with Kyung Su away, I see him around HD more. But what is with Yoo Ji Na, does she really like tge idea of PHJ. She literally is too much. Also, loved how HD handled her, she hit bullseye without offending or cussing at her. Can't wait for next week.

• Like 10

sheherizade3    9,204

Hello sunnies.  With each episode, we're becoming more engaged with the characters.  Some of us are leaning towards an JHD and LKS partnership, others like me cheer for JHD and PHJ.  I'm sure as the drama continues there'd be strong opinions and maybe a friendly debate about our favourite couple.....lol  Below is part of cheerkoo's recap of episode 6 that caught my attention.

"HD returns home and again her father waited for her. Then phone call comes from LGS and it makes HD smile. LGS says he wanted to hear her voice before he went to bed. She says she was going to call him too but thought it was too late..then her father interrupts...(HD did not really turn off the phone by mistake) Her father asks if her relationshiop with Cafe owner is at the level that they call each other at late hour and he heard that he has physical problems too. Her father says that after the death of the last man, he wants HD to meet a normal person and live without problems. HD just nods. Father says that whenever he thinks of HD, he cannot go to sleep. Her father asks again..you don't have a serious relationshiop with cafe owner. right? HD says, of course, She tells her father that he is someone in a difficult situation and she wants to be of help in any way she can. (Oh NO!!!! LGS heard everything...but I doubt that HD means what she says...she never introduced Sungteck to her family so that she does not burden or worry them about her matters...so she is doing it again with LGS...Oh no,,,history repeats itself!!) The father is confused by what HD said because he did witness them dance together passing by."

We know that LKS was abandoned by YJN and as a result, this traumatic experience contributed to his personality make up as an adult.  The extent of this trauma was glaringly obvious when, upon hearing the conversation between JHD and her father, his reaction was swift and harsh.

HD hears that HaeSoo was laid off from her job but that he gave her with 6 months of salary. HD goes to LGS and asks if HaeSoo did anything wrong. He says nothing, he wants to hire someone who can work at the cafe all day long. He says that it was uncomfortable for him. He also says that since Haesoo does not work at cafe, HD also does not need to come to cafe either. HD asks if it is because of her..because he would worry that she won't come even if he waits for her. He says that something else happened that is even more difficult than waiting for someone.  You HD worry everyday about what to do for me, but there is nothing that I can do for you. HD says, what do you mean. As long as you don't disappear on me suddenly, it is ok with me. LGS says that all this time, he never even thought of himself as a man, but I am a man. And, to think that there is nothing I can do for someone precious to me is really hard to tolerate. I sincerely wish that you meet a regular person and live happily. He emphasizes that she should allow him to be able to pray for her happiness from far away. He wants her to just ignore him when passing and to do that for him as a last thing. He says he begs her. (Woah, ERU's song, SAd Love lyrics really apply well here....I devoted everything to you...don't throw away my love...That is all I have. Love, how come you are the only one who does not understand my love? If you loved me, just see/watch me one more time. (so sad,,,)

As a result, he fired Haesoo and informed HD that she should stop going to the cafe as described above.  

Although LKS may appear to be a very nice and sweet man, his emotional immaturity was very much evident with the extreme action he took after overhearing JHD and her father's conversation.  Honestly, I was flabbergasted by his behaviour.  First of all, JHD was telling the truth when she said that he was someone in a difficult situation that she wanted to help.  Afterall, they're not a romantic relationship.  LKS has not declared that he has romantic feelings for her so how will JHD know?.   They've just been treating each other as friends.  JHD's father was just showing concern that any parent would have for their child.  

So JHD must have been surprised, confused and later devastated by his sudden aloofness especially that she regarded him as someone special she trusted, sharing thoughts she never shared with anyone.  He should have sat down with JHD and explained what he accidentally heard and declare his feelings for her.  He may risk rejection but that is how falling in love is, taking the risk and hoping that one's feelings is returned.  LKS needs a lot of growing up to do.  

Compared to PHJ, they're like night and day.  PHJ's persistence to sign up JHD, in spite of her repeated insults and rejection I find adorable...lol  In episode 5, when he followed JHD to her home and promptly dismissed by JHD, he mumbled to himself, "Why am a getting so angry over a girl who means nothing."  Yup, he's on his way to falling for her.

Sorry for the long-winded post.

• Like 13

auntyem    4,327

Now that I've  watched both Episodes 5 and 6, I have a better grasp of what is going on.  Who else thinks that YJN seems interested in PHJ?  It seems that the CEO sincerely loves her, but the impression I get is that she has friend zoned him, that's why she's not that bothered by what happened? But she seems attracted to HJ, that's why she keeps asking about him? Uh oh. LOve triangles everywhere! Lol.  It also seems as though he is not happy with his fiancee', suspects that she loves his status more than him.  Doesn't seem as though she's planning to let go of him so easily, though.  She plans to hang in there, with or without love between them.  It's all about power and status for her!!!! 

HJ is definitely becoming attracted to HD, he really loves her Dad, respects him and is envious of the relationship HD's Dad has with his daughters.  I liked the way her Dad described each of his daughters' characters ---- what a bond he has with each of them! His relationship with his fiancee' seems so superficial, seems like she just follows him around when she's not following the dowager Granny. 

• Like 9

kgrl43    2,159

Just finished watching Ep 6 and awwww..... not enough interaction between HD and HJ for me kekekke........  these two have great chemistry and they're so much fun to watch..... again, kudos to the writers for creating more storylines that make us wonder and think and as it stands, it's anybody's game and who knows who will end up together.  Love it!!!!!  Although I like the HD and HJ couple together,  I can't be sure at this juncture if they'll end up together.  As for the CEO, I really feel his sincerity and fondness for YJN but yes, it does seem like she in showing interest in the son.  What is it with these people?  I'm so curious as to how this will play out as HJ already does have a fiancee and at the same time is starting to warm up to HD too.  Was very sad to see how LGS is pushing HD and her family away and how it's affecting both of them.  These two are such a sweet couple, I know, and yet I still find myself gravitating towards the CEO's son and HD.  Can't wait for next weekend!!!!     THANK YOU ALL for your sharing your wonderful posts, thoughts, translations, and for everything!!!!  Have a great week!!:D

• Like 10

shadia71    9,927

It looks like YJN has a weakness towards handsome men who are not intimidated by the fact that she is a celebrity .

• Like 8

cheerkoo    43,904

I like the fact that YTM does not seem like an one-dimensional story. It is a drama that has many mature issues--one being that life does not always go the way we want and we do the best that we can---(YJN said that)

There is something human about everything that is going on in the story and it is really hard for me at least to make decisions about any of the characters at this point. I feel like they are going to find out for themselves and slowly reveal themselves to us.

Even if they appear so bad on the outside, like YJN, there is something about her that is so human that I can kind of understand why she did what she did. If she did stay with her son, she probably never made it big and Haedang would not have known her. She also sacrificed a lot to get there and later she kind of had to scrimmage what she can to feed herself some human kindness and comfort, again at the expense of sacrificing another person--namely HD who meant so much to her as did her son!!! At times we do repeat things that we don't want to do!! Tragedy!! But, there is something gutsy about her---she doesnot just want anybody, she wants the best...and she saw something really good in HD and trusts her judgment that she fell for SungTek who of course made the fatal and unforgivable~. (At HD's house, her first sister struggle with this issue--she wants to be a professor so she really has to focus on herself and her work that she hardly has time for her son nor for her husband,etc. They see her as selfish too. But, she does have support of her mother-in-law and siter-in-law and husband which YJN did not have.)

I love Haedang because she really loves her family...after her mother died, she took over, partly out of guilt but mostly becaue her family's welfare and happiness mean everthing to her...that is her priority. That is why she put her own happiness in the back burner--like she did with SungTek---she felt he was her and she was him and that is why she treated herself and him as a second class citizens. Her saving grace was Yoo JA---her music and her success were something she can live vicariously through...maybe?--being an impersonator might have helped her to at least deal with what she had to give up and what she felt inside about having failed at an attempt to be a singer??  I am also assuming many things here...just wondering out loud. She also tasted a big failure when her album lost all the family money and it could be scary to try again...when she has a big family to support...it was a mature decision to work as an imitation singer even if in a dark and unsavory nightclubs where being hit with garbages and leud remarks are the norm at her workplace. It is a drama but, in reality, it is a hard life. But she still upholds her values and she has enormous pride that she is not going to accept charity or the easy-way-out. I also love that about HaeDang. She really made the best compromise for herself and for her family under the circumstance.  Also, maybe, HD was able to put her needs behind her desires because she experienced such love from her mother and father...who took a risk on the family money becaus she believed in her daughter and loved her? Maybe, the writer's message is that only if we experience such love, we can genuinely think of others before ours? ??

I think she was falling for LGS...perhaps because she saw SungTek in LGS? and I think she saw herself in LGS too....SungTek was also abandoned at early age and never knew his parents and both LGS and HD were finding many common things about each other...perfect soulmates and friends and suppport for each other in a difficult world. Comfort that she gave to LGS, she probably was giving to herself. She is considered well by her family but she cannot let out or talk about her stress at home--even with her sisters. HD could not or would not assert her feelings for LGS to her father because HD's priority is her family and she does not want to worry her father.she is the breadearner of the family...sadly HD was doing it again, at least in my mind, what she did with Sungtek...she put him/her happiness in the backburner. She is like Yoo in that way...she also repeats the tragic history....!!

What father would want their daugher to marry a blind person? Her father prefers PHJ who is handsome, physically normal and drives a fancy car, and comes from a good background...her father is adorable, regular father who wants her hard-working daughter to have a normal life too----He wants HD to have the normal, good and safe life. HD had not stood up for her own happiness yet, even if her family may not like it...I would imagine her family would not have approved of SungTek either who did not have a steady job or comes from a good family either. so, we will see how it all unfolds. I am not sure what exactly is moving PHJ towards HD...is it her or is it his desperate desire for father's love? He is acting out and rebelling but nobody at his family, especially his father, hears him..but he experienced HD's father's simple and genuine kindness. Right now, I do not see any feelings for him from HD. Their interaction makes me laught---it is a dessert in the storyline for me. Well,,,, I hope that the writer contine to make her story  a human story as she promised it to be--- but I hope the writer gives us a lot to laugh about as well and let us know that we are all doing our very best with what we have. 

Sorry for being TOO MUCH. kekeke

• Like 11

Nymeria289    19,080
3 hours ago, cheerkoo said:

What father would want their daugher to marry a blind person? Her father prefers PHJ who is handsome, physically normal and drives a fancy car, and comes from a good background...her father is adorable, regular father who wants her hard-working daughter to have a normal life too----He wants HD to have the normal, good and safe life. HD had not stood up for her own happiness yet, even if her family may not like it...I would imagine her family would not have approved of SungTek either who did not have a steady job or comes from a good family either. so, we will see how it all unfolds. I am not sure what exactly is moving PHJ towards HD...is it her or is it his desperate desire for father's love? He is acting out and rebelling but nobody at his family, especially his father, hears him..but he experienced HD's father's simple and genuine kindness. Right now, I do not see any feelings for him from HD. Their interaction makes me laught---it is a dessert in the storyline for me. Well,,,, I hope that the writer contine to make her story  a human story as she promised it to be--- but I hope the writer gives us a lot to laugh about as well and let us know that we are all doing our very best with what we have. 

Sorry for being TOO MUCH. kekeke

I do get what you mean. PHJ really respects Hae Dang's father and perhaps admires how headstrong she is and the fact that she is not least bit intimidated by him or his money/connection or his looks. You know, in dramas so far we barely get just a very strong friendship like the one Amanda /Emily had with Nolan. I would love it if we get something like that with PHJ and HD. If they sort of become professional partners and good friends like that. Although I doubt that. Weekend dramas follow a certain pattern. I still wish for that even if it doesn't get romantic and all.

• Like 8

database1981    180

This drama is exciting! I am with HD and KS since they are basically the same and needs each other to heal. KS is the first person who help HD to recover from her loss and she is very comfortable with him. And yes, she can't prioritize love for now given her situation. Also, I think it is HD weakness and she is doing it again for KS but soon she will learn and change.

KS will soon regain his eyesight, I wonder if he will change as a person. I mean he is still a good person but not the way HD knows him... 

• Like 7

littlex2000    493
8 hours ago, cheerkoo said:

I like the fact that YTM does not seem like an one-dimensional story. It is a drama that has many mature issues--one being that life does not always go the way we want and we do the best that we can---(YJN said that)

There is something human about everything that is going on in the story and it is really hard for me at least to make decisions about any of the characters at this point. I feel like they are going to find out for themselves and slowly reveal themselves to us.

Even if they appear so bad on the outside, like YJN, there is something about her that is so human that I can kind of understand why she did what she did. If she did stay with her son, she probably never made it big and Haedang would not have known her. She also sacrificed a lot to get there and later she kind of had to scrimmage what she can to feed herself some human kindness and comfort, again at the expense of sacrificing another person--namely HD who meant so much to her as did her son!!! At times we do repeat things that we don't want to do!! Tragedy!! But, there is something gutsy about her---she doesnot just want anybody, she wants the best...and she saw something really good in HD and trusts her judgment that she fell for SungTek who of course made the fatal and unforgivable~. (At HD's house, her first sister struggle with this issue--she wants to be a professor so she really has to focus on herself and her work that she hardly has time for her son nor for her husband,etc. They see her as selfish too. But, she does have support of her mother-in-law and siter-in-law and husband which YJN did not have.)

I love Haedang because she really loves her family...after her mother died, she took over, partly out of guilt but mostly becaue her family's welfare and happiness mean everthing to her...that is her priority. That is why she put her own happiness in the back burner--like she did with SungTek---she felt he was her and she was him and that is why she treated herself and him as a second class citizens. Her saving grace was Yoo JA---her music and her success were something she can live vicariously through...maybe?--being an impersonator might have helped her to at least deal with what she had to give up and what she felt inside about having failed at an attempt to be a singer??  I am also assuming many things here...just wondering out loud. She also tasted a big failure when her album lost all the family money and it could be scary to try again...when she has a big family to support...it was a mature decision to work as an imitation singer even if in a dark and unsavory nightclubs where being hit with garbages and leud remarks are the norm at her workplace. It is a drama but, in reality, it is a hard life. But she still upholds her values and she has enormous pride that she is not going to accept charity or the easy-way-out. I also love that about HaeDang. She really made the best compromise for herself and for her family under the circumstance.  Also, maybe, HD was able to put her needs behind her desires because she experienced such love from her mother and father...who took a risk on the family money becaus she believed in her daughter and loved her? Maybe, the writer's message is that only if we experience such love, we can genuinely think of others before ours? ??

I think she was falling for LGS...perhaps because she saw SungTek in LGS? and I think she saw herself in LGS too....SungTek was also abandoned at early age and never knew his parents and both LGS and HD were finding many common things about each other...perfect soulmates and friends and suppport for each other in a difficult world. Comfort that she gave to LGS, she probably was giving to herself. She is considered well by her family but she cannot let out or talk about her stress at home--even with her sisters. HD could not or would not assert her feelings for LGS to her father because HD's priority is her family and she does not want to worry her father.she is the breadearner of the family...sadly HD was doing it again, at least in my mind, what she did with Sungtek...she put him/her happiness in the backburner. She is like Yoo in that way...she also repeats the tragic history....!!

@cheerkoo Thank you..Well said..I could not agree with you more.  This is a 50 episodes drama so things will come to light more.  I am loving this drama so far.  Each week, the story keep getting better and more exciting.  

• Like 4

sheherizade3    9,204

Random thoughts come to me as I read the comments and re-watch the episodes.  It occurred to me that JHD has a tendency to gravitate towards people who have issues and in the end, are the very same people who cause her pain.  First there's ST whom she considered her husband for 10 years who left her for YJN.  Then, there's YJN, the woman she idolized and thought to be a good person and lately, LKS, the man she considered a friend who ended their friendship because of an imagined slight.

JHD seems to me to have a lack of self-worth.  She was willing to take back ST, overlooking the fact that he betrayed her in the biggest possible way.  She's pining over LKS who just fired her sister and this is where I find her reaction to be a little weird.  I'm putting myself in her shoes and no way would I continue any friendship with someone who fired my sister without due cause. Hopefully, she'll wake up from the funk she's in and start thinking of her own happiness instead of being a crutch because that is what she was with ST and LKS.   

I'm encouraged because she's now showing her backbone with regards to YJN when she rejected her offer and PHJ when she showed him that he cannot bully her, no matter how rich and powerful he is.  This is the kind of JHD I'd like to see emerge as she forge ahead with her life.  

• Like 6

Nymeria289    19,080
27 minutes ago, sheherizade3 said:

Random thoughts come to me as I read the comments and re-watch the episodes.  It occurred to me that JHD has a tendency to gravitate towards people who have issues and in the end, are the very same people who cause her pain.  First there's ST whom she considered her husband for 10 years who left her for YJN.  Then, there's YJN, the woman she idolized and thought to be a good person and lately, LKS, the man she considered a friend who ended their friendship because of an imagined slight.

JHD seems to me to have a lack of self-worth.  She was willing to take back ST, overlooking the fact that he betrayed her in the biggest possible way.  She's pining over LKS who just fired her sister and this is where I find her reaction to be a little weird.  I'm putting myself in her shoes and no way would I continue any friendship with someone who fired my sister without due cause. Hopefully, she'll wake up from the funk she's in and start thinking of her own happiness instead of being a crutch because that is what she was with ST and LKS.   

I'm encouraged because she's now showing her backbone with regards to YJN when she rejected her offer and PHJ when she showed him that he cannot bully her, no matter how rich and powerful he is.  This is the kind of JHD I'd like to see emerge as she forge ahead with her life.  

Well said, I did find the part where she just accepted LKS firing her sister a bit too lightly. I get why LKS is upset but I don't get why HD isn't mad at him for taking his anger out on his sister like that passively. I hope she learns to be more tough to those who have caused her pain. 

I think her guilt over her family situation, her experience of being an entertainer smiling at her worst abusers has made her a bit too polite. YJN made her realize that kindness necessarily isn't repaid with kindness so she is careful and more vocal around those who are from same social status as YJN and doesn't take their words for granted anymore. But around people like her family, like her deceased cheating fiance ST, LKS, she hasn't changed. Nor does she need fundamental changes but voicing your displeasure and asking to be understood instead of doing it for others all time is something that she needs to learn.

• Like 6

sheherizade3    9,204
4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Well said, I did find the part where she just accepted LKS firing her sister a bit too lightly. I get why LKS is upset but I don't get why HD isn't mad at him for taking his anger out on his sister like that passively. I hope she learns to be more tough to those who have caused her pain. 

I think her guilt over her family situation, her experience of being an entertainer smiling at her worst abusers has made her a bit too polite. YJN made her realize that kindness necessarily isn't repaid with kindness so she is careful and more vocal around those who are from same social status as YJN and doesn't take their words for granted anymore. But around people like her family, like her deceased cheating fiance ST, LKS, she hasn't changed. Nor does she need fundamental changes but voicing your displeasure and asking to be understood instead of doing it for others all time is something that she needs to learn.

@Nymeria289, I agree with you that JHD is harbouring a lot of guilt after the failed launch of her singing career resulting in her family incurring debt.  But I feel that she should be able to differentiate between guilt and abuse.  Abuse of her love, abuse of her trust and abuse of her friendship.  Instead of her getting drunk and calling LKS like a simpering damsel after being rejected by him, she should be home comforting her sister who just lost her job.  And while she's at it, march to the cafe, demand answers from LKS instead of just accepting his lame excuse and tell him where he can shove their friendship and the job her sister lost.

I would caution the scriptwriter to be more careful and ensure a smooth flow of the story ie,  the behaviour of the characters should make sense to the audience.  Guess the scriptwriter/director wanted to create drama.....but in this instance....it was misplaced drama.

• Like 4