Hanyeoun

[Soompi Event] Would you like to be a Soompi moderator? (2017)

Hello Soompiers!

We're back once again searching for active members who would like to give a hand with one of the biggest forums dedicated to Korean entertainment.

Eligibility restrictions

Anyone who has an account in good standing with a tenure of one year is encouraged to apply! We're looking for people who are passionate about this community, willing to work under conditions which often require a lot of teamwork and communication on a regular basis.

How to enter

There's an application form available on the table below.

The deadline is January 10, 2017 23:45 EST (Eastern Standard Time).

Please verify the table regularly for daily updates!

Procedures

Selected candidates will go through a probation period of approximately 3 months.

The service will end on December 31, 2017. (Renewal will be optional!)

Please take note this is not a paid position. It is all voluntary work!

Sections Status Sections (cont.) Status
K-pop   school zone  
Kdramas & Movies   Selling and trading  
k-entertainment general discussion   general discussion  
sitcoms, variety & reality shows   food  
actors & actresses   global celebrities  
Shipper's paradise   beauty & fashion  
global entertainment   current events  
members 411   Love & Relationships  
fanfix   fitness & sports  
performers   arts, crafts, & home  
the real world (20+ ONLY)   To access the application form: Click here!
  • Like 17

11 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Oh, oh! Pick me! Pick meeee! *Waves hand in the air*

Give me jjajangmyeon and we'll negotiate. :joy:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CamelKnight said:

@juliacaesar I think we'll be able to work something out ;) 

So this means you are open to being *ahem* persuaded to overlook my 9 day deficit [as of the end of the recruitment period]? :phew:

On a serious note: What exactly does being a mod entail? Do you have to keep an eye on the majority of the threads in your area or do you mostly keep an eye on some of the busier ones and work through reported content?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, phikyl said:

On a serious note: What exactly does being a mod entail? Do you have to keep an eye on the majority of the threads in your area or do you mostly keep an eye on some of the busier ones and work through reported content?

Keeping an eye on the majority of the threads and going through reported content related to your assigned area. Occasional meetings with staff from Soompi or Viki for overall assessment. Organizing events etc. - That's just the tip of the iceberg.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

Keeping an eye on the majority of the threads and going through reported content related to your assigned area. Occasional meetings with staff from Soompi or Viki for overall assessment. Organizing events etc. - That's just the tip of the iceberg.

@phikyl In some cases it's keeping stuff from going way off course, in others it means blending in and taking a backseat to what's up. A good mod isn't an active mod, it's someone who knows when to intervene and when not to, but also to intervene with as little impact as possible. Everyone is able to just throw the ban hammer to users. Not everyone is able to talk some sense into people who have a tendency of causing trouble on the forum. Luckily, we don't have a lot of members who cause problems, which does make things easier :)

• Like 6

Excited for a brand new year, good luck to all applicants ! tumblr_oinmligsMz1uy7hjlo8_250.gif

• Like 5

To applicants (kenswifeu and ninabalante), do either of you have a Soompi account? If you do, inform me through PM.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 3:44 AM, juliacaesar said:

If I give you $5, will ya hook me up?

We can keep this between us, right? :phew:

if $5 bribe not working.. should i dance to appeal you guys, i'm quite talented Lol...

c_1.gif

• Like 5