akinahana89

[Soompi Event] Welcome to Our Annual Holiday Hunt on Soompi Forums! [ALL WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

Happy holidays, Soompiers!

yVXISrhX30J5xzkGx6Kw-9FIuX0viDTqExXi3Voj

December is always a super fun, super exciting, and all around amazing month because of the holidays, the beginning of a new year, the chance to see some beautiful snowfall, the various award shows for music and dramas, and, of course, Soompi’s Annual Holiday Hunt Event!

If you’re a repeat participant, then welcome back! We’re happy to see familiar faces! Errr… I mean, names.

If you’re a newcomer, then welcome to twelve days of fun! We’re happy to see you here!

Now, here’s a breakdown of how this event works:

Every day at 12:25pm PST from Thursday, December 15th through Monday, December 26th, a hint will be posted in this forum thread. Using that clue, put on your holiday hunting gear and search for the blue present box that will be hidden anywhere within the Soompi forums. The gift box will be big and noticeable, but… only if you’re in the right place! ;)

Each clue will only be up for that one day, so please make sure to save your answers in a safe place until it’s time to submit them at the end of each round.

I repeat, each clue will only be available for ONE day, so save, save, save! (Our recommendation is to write down the thread name and page number of where you saw that sneaky gift box, copy the URL, and/or take a screenshot of the present.)

In total, there will be four rounds with each round lasting three days. At the end of each round, a Google Form will be posted, also in this forum thread, for you to submit your answers. You will have only one day after each round to submit, then a random person with all the correct answers will be selected, via the draw-a-name-out-of-a-hat method as the winner, which means that, at the end of the Holiday Hunt event, we will have a total of four winners.

This year, our prizes will be a SIGNED Lucky Romance OST, an Uncontrollably Fond drama poster, a Cheese in the Trap notebook, and a one month Viki pass voucher.

To make things fair on which winner gets which prize, on Tuesday, December 27th, I, akinahana89, will send admin, benightedxflame, a PM with a number between 1 and 50. Then, on Wednesday, December 28th, each of the four winners will send me ONE guess on what that mystery number is. After all guesses have been submitted, the four winners will be invited into the PM between me and benightedxflame to see what that mystery number was. The order of the winners will be ranked by closest to the mystery number without going over and will be matched to the order of the prizes as listed above.

Without further ado, THIS is what the blue present box looks like:

PRESENT.png.1f7b1f47455fd60c92abb2b07572a6a1.png

And if you’re more of a visual, need-an-example kind of person, this is for you:

Spoiler

Holiday Hunt Schedule

[Round 1]
    Clue 1: Thursday, December 15th 12:25pm PST
    Clue 2: Friday, December 16th 12:25pm PST
    Clue 3: Saturday, December 17th 12:25pm PST
Submission Deadline: Sunday, December 18th 12:25pm PST

[Round 2]
    Clue 1: Sunday, December 18th 12:25pm PST
    Clue 2: Monday, December 19th 12:25pm PST
    Clue 3: Tuesday, December 20th 12:25pm PST
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, December 21th 12:25pm PST

[Round 3]
    Clue 1: Wednesday, December 21th 12:25pm PST
    Clue 2: Thursday, December 22th 12:25pm PST
    Clue 3: Friday, December 23th 12:25pm PST
Submission Deadline: Saturday, December 24th 12:25pm PST

[Round 4]
    Clue 1: Saturday, December 24th 12:25pm PST
    Clue 2: Sunday, December 25th 12:25pm PST
    Clue 3: Monday, December 26th 12:25pm PST
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, December 27th 12:25pm PST

[Winners Round]

Begin: Wednesday, December 28th 12:25pm PST
    End: Thursday, December 29th 12:25pm PST
Rankings Announced: Before Friday, December 30th 12:25pm PST

Sample Hint:

“Neither young nor old, yet both at the same time;

Alone somewhere between living and existing;

Narrowly escaped the burning path of fire;

Always by my side is a warm but lifeless companion.”

If you know my age, you will find your present.

Answer: The hint was an acrostic poem and spells out the word “NANA.” NANA was a character from the drama, “Kill Me, Heal Me,” which was described in the poem itself and she was seven years old. The blue present box would have been found on the 7th page of the “Kill Me, Heal Me” drama thread.

Sample Hint 2:

Two members of this group were born on the same day. Find out the birth year of the older member and, using the last two digits, look for the first present in this girl group thread.

Answer: Qri and Eunjung from girl group, T-ara, share the same birth month and day (December 12th). Qri was born in 1986 and Eunjung in 1988. Qri is the older member between the two, so the blue present box would have been found in T-ara’s thread on page 86.

For more examples or to familiarize yourself with the holiday hunt process, take a look at last year’s thread here.

This event is open to all Soompiers, but please don’t be a grinch and ruin the fun by soliciting and/or providing the answers. Gentle hints are acceptable, but it’s no fun if the answer gets posted in the public thread! (If you’re curious about the answers, it will be all be revealed at the end of the event, so hang tight!)

And now… let the games begin!

Ready!

Set!

HUNT!!

[Round 1]

Spoiler

Clue #1 (12/15):
"My Heart, Remember Falling?

You and I Draw a Love

In the Illusion.

My Heart, Where are U?
Even Though it is a Lie,
Please Say Something.

Without You, My Heart,
but 143 - i love you."

Clue #2 (12/16): The magic number for this autumn leaf is the number of episodes.

7DdLXJEYdpL_54XIostXC01sVBtzn9SANjvRCq2R

Clue #3 (12/17):  :bawling:  This hit song is a girl group’s current single. Go to the first page of their thread to find the blue present box!

ROUND ONE SUBMISSION FORM
Deadline for submission is Sunday, December 18th 12:25pm PST.

[Round 2]

Spoiler

Clue #4 (12/18):  The number of albums from this boy group is where you’ll find today’s treasure.

bvyTcplIFJAousRwDVp7FJ9MbJZ0yCY6qZiEu7Wt

Clue #5 (12/19): Destined to meet, destined to love, destined to be torn apart.
You will find your present if you know this tragic couple’s combined age.

Clue #6 (12/20): Take a close first look at those lips and find your prize on the page number of her birthday.
7zFyGW5YNAvH83Qm6GtILIBQKwysT-SRk_gEoWZx

ROUND TWO SUBMISSION FORM
Deadline for submission is Wednesday, December 21th 12:25pm PST.

[Round 3]

Spoiler

Clue #7 (12/21): This drama helped a fan with a real life situation. The average TNmS rating is the secret location.

Clue #8 (12/22):

This boy band member, at the age of 12, trained for six years before his debut, then also pursued a solo career only two years later. The peak number of his second studio album on BILLBOARD 200 is where the blue present box is hiding.

Clue #9 (12/23):

dimples small.jpg

Find the dimple's owner and the age at which he was picked off the street to become a star.

ROUND THREE SUBMISSION FORM
Deadline for submission is Saturday, December 24th 12:25pm PST

[Round 4]

Spoiler

Clue #10 (12/24): This Korean soloist had two debuts under two different names. She has sang OSTs for some very popular dramas. The mystery number to hunt for today is the number of studio albums she has released.

Clue #11 (12/25): clue 11.jpg

This extremely well known Daesang-winning actress has the most striking and prominent eyebrows. Find today's present box using her age of when she received that prestigious award.

Clue #12 (12/26):
Time stands still while I roam free,

Destined to be seen but remain unseen.
Our love is flawed, but we will fight,
Until the end is within our sight.

After all, age... is just a number.

ROUND FOUR SUBMISSION FORM
Deadline for submission is Tuesday, December 27th 12:25pm PST

• Like 24

Wah~ It's baaaack ~  

Where's the people I used to have fun with hunting the treasures?  TT.TT
I'm a working adult now *cough*cough*  barely have time to breathe, but let's see  if I still can find something.

*edit*

the beginning  is always easy, already found the first box, yas~ 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, queenbrooke said:

Woooooo I'm so excited. I never get tired of hunting. So I'm here @Ella! Let's have fun!

Hellooooo~ 
Let's burn our brains again with this hunt! Can't wait for the next hint. :grin:

• Like 1

Do i only have to screenshot the gift?? And wait for the deadline to come and upload it? Pls someone help me. Im new here. And i already found the first clue!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phu VO said:

help

Hello~ 

A gentle hint: in the hint, usually you find something that gives you the direction to the forum section/topic where the treasure is.

In the beginning it's easy and you can get even the topic and page where to search. As the hunt goes on, things gets more complicated to figure out.

For this one,  it'll be easy for those that likes puzzles because to have a full picture you have to assemble various small pieces together.

(Hope  I'm not giving it away too much. Once I spilled a hint and I didn't even noticed it).

• Like 2

Hi Hunters ;)

This is my first Holiday Hunt on Soompi and I have a quastion - when I find a gift did I get some information about this or the system nocited my finding ?

42 minutes ago, heartforkdrama said:

Hi Hunters ;)

This is my first Holiday Hunt on Soompi and I have a quastion - when I find a gift did I get some information about this or the system nocited my finding ?

You'll find the blue present box. You have to screenshot it or save the link of where you have found it.

Later you'll have to submit the location of the ones you have found, so mark it someway in order to not forget where they are.

8 hours ago, gummybear246 said:

Do i only have to screenshot the gift?? And wait for the deadline to come and upload it? Pls someone help me. Im new here. And i already found the first clue!!

There'll be a google form for us to send the location of the boxes we've found. No need to upload or post the location in any thread/topic. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ella said:

You'll find the blue present box. You have to screenshot it or save the link of where you have found it.

Later you'll have to submit the location of the ones you have found, so mark it someway in order to not forget where they are.

There'll be a google form for us to send the location of the boxes we've found. No need to upload or post the location in any thread/topic. 

Thank You !!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gummybear246 said:

Screenshot the gift, save the URL, AND/OR write down the thread name and page number.

Deadline is every THREE days, so save all the information until the round is over, come back to this thread for the Google form, and submit your answers. ^^

Hello. :) Thank God I saw this thread on time. It sounds fun. I'll be joining you on this hunt! :wub: Found first box :w00t: (going to screenshot it, save the URL and write thread and page number, just in case! :P )

• Like 1

OMG!

It's the first time I'm trying it out! I can't believe that I have actually found the box. I thought it was impossible. So exciting!

Good luck, everyone!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, macha97 said:

I found the second clue, but I think there is an error on the number... :confused:

Fighting everyone ! :glasses:

I guess is not an error. We both were looking at the same wrong number perharps.