akinahana89

[Soompi Event] Welcome to Our Annual Holiday Hunt on Soompi Forums! [ALL WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

430 posts in this topic

Posted

3 minutes ago, MugunghwaFlower said:

I was afraid to mention the emoticon as a hint, but that really gave me the answer, too.

It seemed too obvious to ignore that the emoticon was the focal point of the clue. XD

Also, Google form has been updated. For those that submitted in the first form, you do NOT have to submit again. I will, as previously stated, put your name into the prize drawing twice (instead of once) if all of your answers are correct. ^^

3 people like this

Posted

@Ella You know it's a girl group so you're halfway there. The kpop forum resources will help.

Fighting!

2 people like this

Posted

7 minutes ago, MugunghwaFlower said:

I was afraid to mention the emoticon as a hint, but that really gave me the answer, too.

Me too. I got the answer from the emoticon!

11 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

It's okay. I was only kidding. All the clues have already been arranged and set since I started planning this about a month ago. lol.

A month ago? WOW! Really excited for the next rounds! *-*

3 people like this

Posted

34 minutes ago, Aminah Saleem said:

Don't give up Though! I found the first clue difficult and when I managed to find it, itfelt even better than the other clues I found quickly

I agree. I was literally screaming of joy when I saw my first ever big blue present box. :w00t:

I read the clues from previous years and I honestly thought it was beyond my power to crack the codes. 

It still feels incredible.

4 people like this

Posted

1 minute ago, MugunghwaFlower said:

I read the clues from previous years and I honestly thought it was beyond my power to crack the codes.

Me too. I read last year's clues and couldn't figure out a single one. I was afraid I wouldn't find a single present box!

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks guys, but I've been trying all my strange techniques on that gif and... nothing.  I'll check the charts to see the groups trending right now.  Wish me  luck! :grin:  but first, I need to eat.  just got back from work and I'm really tired and hungry.

3 people like this

Posted

14 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Also, Google form has been updated. For those that submitted in the first form, you do NOT have to submit again. I will, as previously stated, put your name into the prize drawing twice (instead of once) if all of your answers are correct. ^^

Wow! That was quick. Thank you for the extra chance and for the present hunt itself. It's a unique experience. 

3 people like this

Posted

38 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

OH, GOOD GRIEF. I knew I was forgetting something with the Google form. LOL. I don't know where my mind has been today. ^^;

Yes, please re-submit your answers with your username somewhere.

I'll get a new form out ASAP with a space for the username. lol. (And for those who went through the trouble of MY forgetfulness will get an extra name tossed into the hat at the end of the round. My apologies!)

You did great job anyway. I think we are all grateful for the time you spent to prepare this Holiday Event :glasses:

3 people like this

Posted

25 minutes ago, MugunghwaFlower said:

I agree. I was literally screaming of joy when I saw my first ever big blue present box. :w00t:

It still feels incredible.

22 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Me too. I read last year's clues and couldn't figure out a single one. I was afraid I wouldn't find a single present box!

If this helps, I planned last year's event too... so, I think, over time, you'll definitely notice a pattern. lol. Especially since you took the time to read the clues from last year. ^^

22 minutes ago, Ella said:

Thanks guys, but I've been trying all my strange techniques on that gif and... nothing.  I'll check the charts to see the groups trending right now.  Wish me  luck! :grin:  but first, I need to eat.  just got back from work and I'm really tired and hungry.

When you can't figure something out, eat or sleep, and everything will fall into place. At least, that works for me. LOL. Good luck!

17 minutes ago, heartforkdrama said:

You did great job anyway. I think we are all grateful for the time you spent to prepare this Holiday Event :glasses:

Thank you, thank you! Definitely the best reward for volunteering my time to host and plan this event is knowing that everyone is enjoying it and having fun. ^^

5 people like this

Posted

14 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Thank you, thank you! Definitely the best reward for volunteering my time to host and plan this event is knowing that everyone is enjoying it and having fun. ^^

:heart:

2 people like this

Posted

Done!

Found it~ Thanks, fellows.  I could follow the chart and find that present box.  But... I still can't figure out the gif, lol. 

4 people like this

Posted

10 minutes ago, Ella said:

Done!

Found it~ Thanks, fellows.  I could follow the chart and find that present box.  But... I still can't figure out the gif, lol. 

YAAAAAY! About the emoticon, try watching their most recent MV, I guess you'll find out.

1 person likes this

Posted

17 minutes ago, Ella said:

Done!

LOL It's okay. All the answers and explanations for the clues will be revealed at the end of the event.

1 person likes this

Posted

@akinahana89 Pffff. You're giving easy clues! Offer us a challenge! :grin:

Posted

36 minutes ago, queenbrooke said:

YAAAAAY! About the emoticon, try watching their most recent MV, I guess you'll find out.

Thanks but I'll pass. girlgroups are not my style, lol.

I just hope there'll be  no more hints like this one. It's frustrating when it's a about something we really don't know/understand nothing about, we  just can't get a point to start.

If it wasn't for the help, tips and gentle hints, I couldn't even start hunting.

1 person likes this

Posted

27 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

@akinahana89 Pffff. You're giving easy clues! Offer us a challenge! :grin:

Hush or I'll give you a different set of clues from everyone else that will make you cry. :P

9 minutes ago, Ella said:

I just hope there'll be  no more hints like this one. It's frustrating when it's a about something we really don't know/understand nothing about, we  just can't get a point to start.

If it wasn't for the help, tips and gentle hints, I couldn't even start hunting.

There will be a variety of clues from different sections in the forums because we're touching on all the different fandoms and interests of the Soompi members. For the areas you're not as familiar with, we can give out those gentle hints and clues to help, just as we did earlier. That way, it remains fair for everyone.

6 people like this

Posted

This last clue was the easiest for me to find. Maybe because I heard their song for million times already... I got it right away from that emoticon and 'girl group'. LOL

It was fun first round. I submitted my form. Hope I didn't make any mistakes. I sent you my answer with link and picture too. I hope you can open pictures from 'imgur'.

Can I join in 2nd round too? If yes, I'll be lurking around... :phew:

1 person likes this

Posted

9 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

Awwww you're so kind <3

7 hours ago, Ella said:

If we get a clue on boy groups I'm going to be as stuck as you were on that one :confounded:

4 people like this

Posted

11 hours ago, Ella said:

I'm not into girl groups either, but because of TV and Radio I know more than I should hahahaha

11 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

Hush or I'll give you a different set of clues from everyone else that will make you cry. :P

There will be a variety of clues from different sections in the forums because we're touching on all the different fandoms and interests of the Soompi members. For the areas you're not as familiar with, we can give out those gentle hints and clues to help, just as we did earlier. That way, it remains fair for everyone.

I wouldn't mind to have those clues that would make me cry hahahahahaha :P

YAS! I love having this variety of interests. Some things I don't know much about, but I can simply search. To be honest I like when it happens. It's like a bigger challenge. And when I know about the subject is really cool too.

1 person likes this

Posted

5 hours ago, Aminah Saleem said:

Awwww you're so kind <3

If we get a clue on boy groups I'm going to be as stuck as you were on that one :confounded:

Hmm... I think it would be easier for me with clues about  boy groups because I have friends that are high schoolers that are  into boy groups, lol.  I'm only into EXO, to be honest.  But I can name some groups that are trending these days because you can always find someone comparing EXO to other groups (even though I think that's immature and  pointless).

Anyway, I'm excited for next round. We can find all the treasures if we keep helping each other with gentle hints.

3 people like this