Go Seung Ji

[Current Weekend Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해 - Saturdays and Sundays @ 19:55 KST

471 posts in this topic

Posted

#JungSoMin confirmed to join Kim So Yeon and Lee Joon in KBS's weekend drama 'Father is Weird'

CzwGBcdUkAAvnzJ.jpg

source

12 people like this

Posted

6 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

JungSoMin confirmed to join Kim So Yeon and Lee Joon in KBS's weekend drama 'Father is Weird'

I was sure she will confirm for this drama.

정소민, ‘아버지가 이상해(가제)’출연 확정...김소연·이준과 호흡

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1L59OPN5G4

From Google translation, the drama It is a comic and warm family drama as I`ve suspected already.

More casting news. Young actress Ryu Hwa-young might join the cast.

기사이미지

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2016121608444524298

Ryu Hwa-young`s agency said that she has been meeting with KBS2's new weekend drama 'My father is strange', but it has not been decided yet."

I don`t know who she is and the article doesn`t say what role she will play if she will confirm.

4 people like this

Posted

DEC 16 2016

Jung So-Min cast in KBS2 drama series “Father is Strange”

Father-is-Strange-fas111_zps9efspeeu.jpe

Actress Jung So-Min is cast in KBS2 drama series “Father is Strange” joining Lee Joon and Kim So-Yeon as main cast members.

In the drama series, Lee Joon plays a former idol member turned actor who suddenly appears in front of a family and begins living with them. The family has 4 children. Jung So-Min and Kim So-Yeon will play sisters in the family. Jung So-Min in particular will play Byun Mi-Young. She is the third child among the 4 siblings. She begins working as an intern at an entertainment company and becomes involved with actor Ahn Joong-Hee (Lee Joon).

Meanwhile, former ‘T-ara’ member Ryu Hwa-Young has been offered a role as a major supporting character. If she accepts, she will play the youngest of the 4 siblings.

“Father is Strange” first airs February, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/jung-so-min-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-father-is-strange

9 people like this

Posted

What a great speed casting. I never see a drama casting with this speed, and the cast is so good.

4 people like this

Posted

14 minutes ago, quockhanh45 said:

What a great speed casting. I never see a drama casting with this speed, and the cast is so good.

They have to be fast. The drama starts airing in February so they have to hurry with the casting. I think they offered the roles for some time and just recently they finalized the contracts. We`ll hear other new casting news soon.  

3 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, larus said:

They have to be fast. The drama starts airing in February so they have to hurry with the casting. I think they offered the roles for some time and just recently they finalized the contracts. We`ll hear other new casting news soon.  

But previous drama Laurel Tree Tailors casting super late and slowly, They began from Mar but they just confrimed and began filimng from Aug. And Aug also is the time they air first ep.

3 people like this

Posted

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Possible sister threesome combo for weekend drama Father is Weird

by tineybeanie | December 16, 2016 | 

ff1c-1.jpg
Kim So-yeon, Jung So-min, Ryu Hwa-young

For the upcoming KBS comedic family drama Father is Weird, an earnest patriarch and his dedicated wife live in the outskirts of Seoul along with their one son and three marriageable daughters until one day, a Hallyu celebrity becomes a permanent resident in their home. The actresses to play the three daughters are, from eldest to youngest: Kim So-yeon (All’s Well With a Happy Home), Jung So-min (D-Day), and Ryu Hwa-young (Age of Youth)...................

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/possible-sister-threesome-combo-for-weekend-drama-father-is-weird/

6 people like this

Posted

6 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

But previous drama Laurel Tree Tailors casting super late and slowly, They began from Mar but they just confrimed and began filimng from Aug. And Aug also is the time they air first ep.

I see. This show better starts shooting on time. I hate when they are in a hurry.

The main cast is emerging. We have the daughters. I am wondering who plays the son. I assume he is the first born in the family.

3 people like this

Posted

8 hours ago, larus said:

I see. This show better starts shooting on time. I hate when they are in a hurry.

The main cast is emerging. We have the daughters. I am wondering who plays the son. I assume he is the first born in the family.

I hope veteran cast will take this role. For example Jo Sung Ha?

3 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

I hope veteran cast will take this role. For example Jo Sung Ha?

I am OK with a veteran actor. Hope the story-line for him is worth it.

No words about this character yet. Maybe the brother will work at his father`s restaurant.  There are so many characters in this drama so the story will be split in mini-stories, I guess, but hope there are some interactions with family members. I wonder if it is easy to follow so many characters. 

About Kang Suk-woo who has already confirmed his role as a successful department head at a major news outlet. He proposes a “marriage graduation” to his wife and according to Dramabeans  that means that the spouses "still remain married legally and socially, but are free to live unhindered by each other’s interference". I did not know the term. Here is an article about "marriage graduation".

▲강석우(출처=KBS)

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=89383

It will be interesting to see this story. Doesn`t sound a good idea.  I bet one of them will fall in love with somebody-else so maybe the "deal" will not be so easy to maintain.

The character of Kang Suk Woo is Cha Kyu-taek and Lee Sang Kyung`s character name is Cha Jeong-hwan so I am sure they will be playing father and son in this drama. It`s like a puzzle trying to put all the pieces together. :)

3 people like this

Posted

I think Kim Sang Kyung will accept the role. But if not, I am curious about the other propositions. KBS said that they gave the offer to other four actors. After Joo Jin Mo`s refusal they are in a hurry to find a leading man.

As I said, Kim So Yeon and Kim Sang Kyung played together in a drama before. In SBS drama New Human Market in 2004. Soyeon was 24 years old and Kim Sang Hyung was 32. I did not watched the whole drama because I could not find subtitles anywhere but I saw Soyeon`s scenes and I understood the overall story.

Let see them 15 years ago...

The unexpected kiss. She tried to drug him but she changed her mind and gave him a kiss to distract him. She had a crush on him and it was unrequited feelings but I think he was caring for her as a friend in the drama. In my opinion it was the saddest role of Kim Soyeon so we could see her facial expressions on these pictures. 

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo2_540.png

His surprised face :w00t:

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo3_540.png

In the new drama things will be different. :)

Spoiler

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo4_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo5_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo9_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo10_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo8_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo2_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo3_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo4_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo5_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo6_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo7_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo8_540.png

3 people like this

Posted

that Kim Sangkyung actor looks like daehan minguk manse appa, Son Ilguk, I hope he accepted the offer

2 people like this

Posted

On 12/14/2016 at 5:44 PM, evie7 said:

@irilight Hello sister This is going to be fun. I'm happy your on board.

Hi @evie7 my sister. To be honest, I have a bad track record in watching 50 episodes family drama. I hope this drama will be good enough to keep my interest throughout.  I sure love most of the cast members.  In fact, I am still watching (very slowly)  Kim So-Yeon's last family drama "Happy Home." I had put it on hold at the time, and only recently picked it up again.

@larus hi... I am glad that Kim Young-Chul will play the father again, and I am doubly happy that he will be a chef again. Love culinary drama.  I am also so happy that Kang Suk-woo has joined the cast. I loved him in Glorious Day. His role here, is very different, and that makes me curious. I am also thrilled that Kim Hae-Sook will be playing the mother.

Lee Joon, Jung So Min, and Kim So-Yeon Sign on for KBS Weekend Drama Father Is Strange

ska1.jpg

Read article on Koala's Playground

4 people like this

Posted

I love the cast I just hope we get a good script to go alone with it

3 people like this

Posted

I am so happy for Jung   So  Min, I love her since Playfull Kiss: she is an excellent actress and she deserve more opportunities, she is one of those Korean actress that have been underestimated. This is an excellent cast and all of them are real actors and actress and not idols. 

Thanks for open this tread.

yellow hair girl

5 people like this

Posted

정소민, 드라마 '아버지가 이상해' 출연 확정…엔터테인먼트 인터役 이준과 호흡 http://www.joongboo.com/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=1129009

according to this article, is it true Jung Somin's character will be a rookie actress under the same agency as Lee Joon?

1 person likes this

Posted

3 minutes ago, eyjooniesh said:

according to this article, is it true Jung Somin's character will be a rookie actress under the same agency as Lee Joon?

It`s possible. I think I read about that in an article. Some said that she is an intern in the entertainment agency and other  articles said that she is an actress in the same agency. We`ll find out more information late. Mi Young (Jung So Min) and Joong Hee (Lee joon) have many opportunities to see each other (at home and at work). If Joong Hee was raised in America and he has a ten year successful career in Korea as an actor, why he will come in front of the family claiming that he is the son now? 

On 19.12.2016 at 9:41 AM, irilight said:

I am glad that Kim Young-Chul will play the father again, and I am doubly happy that he will be a chef again. Love culinary drama.  I am also so happy that Kang Suk-woo has joined the cast. I loved him in Glorious Day. His role here, is very different, and that makes me curious. I am also thrilled that Kim Hae-Sook will be playing the mother.

Kim Young Chul was convincing as a chef in Happy Home. This time, it is  is a snack restaurant so I don`t think we`ll see much scenes from the kitchen. But It will be great if they will show some culinary moments or the dishes. I think I will want to eat this snack food more than Chinese dishes. :phew:

I am not a fan of the genre but I will watch all 50 episodes of this drama. Just hope the writer will have a good script for all those actors and actresses who will work hard with the rest of the crew for more than 6 months. I just pray that this show will spare me of the cancer/ terminal illness story-line. Dramagod, have mercy!

4 people like this

Posted

On 20/12/2016 at 9:40 PM, larus said:

If Joong Hee was raised in America and he has a ten year successful career in Korea as an actor, why he will come in front of the family claiming that he is the son now? 

I feel weird about this too, why would he claim he is the son of some mere family when he has wealth and already a successful person ? I'm wondering there would be something happened that made he claim he is the son.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't begin to describe my excitement for this drama. I would be happy seeing Lee Joon 16 or 20 times, but 50 episodes? I'm all in!

tumblr_mgjow8pBzf1qg5nyao1_500.gif

7 people like this

Posted

5 hours ago, eyjooniesh said:

I feel weird about this too, why would he claim he is the son of some mere family when he has wealth and already a successful person ? I'm wondering there would be something happened that made he claim he is the son.

I think they will explain it satisfactory. Maybe they changed the role after getting an younger lead. At this point it is possible to change the plot as well, create a character or adapt one. If the man who claimed to be the son was 35 or more, that could be linked with the secret of Byun Han so (Kim Young Chul) but the man is much younger so the rest of the family will think that the father cheated. Maybe he helped the mother of Joong Hee at some point but he never had an affair with her but the son doesn`t know. Maybe he really thinks he is the son. Why he appears now? Maybe his mother died recently without clarifying the paternity of Joong Hee.  It is a mystery at this point why he appears in the front of the family. As you said he is rich and successful. More than that he is supposed to be egotistical and self-absorbed and that is even more surprising that he wants to live in the suburbs of Seoul with a totally stranger family. What If he wants to be close with Mi young? But that`s totally nuts. We have to wait to find out what they have in mind.

No more casting news in the last week. I think soon we`ll find out that more people are on board. I want to know more information about the characters. Will we have character`s description?

2 people like this