Go Seung Ji

[Current Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해 - Saturdays and Sundays @ 19:55 KST

2,689 posts in this topic

Posted

DECEMBER 27 2016

Kim So-Yeon drops out of KBS2 drama series “Father is Strange”

Father-is-Strange-fas111_zps9efspeeu.jpe

Actress Kim So-Yeon has dropped out of upcoming KBS2 drama series “Father is Strange” starring Lee Joon & Jung So-Min. Kim So-Yeon was first cast to play older sister Hye-Young, but has decided to drop out of the drama series for personal reasons. She did have discussions with the staff and made the decision to drop out of the series. The first script reading has been rescheduled from January 2, 2017 to January 8, 2017.

Ryu Hwa-Young (ex ‘T-rara’ member) is still considering an offer to play the youngest sister and veteran actress Kim Hae-Sook is still considering an offer to play a major supporting character. Meanwhile, actor Ryu Soo-Young has been offered a role in the drama series and he is currently considering. If Ryu Soo-Young accepts, he will will play Cha Jung-Hwan. His character is the PD of a broadcasting station.

“Father is Strange” will first air sometime during February, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-so-yeon-drops-out-of-kbs2-drama-series-father-is-strange

11 people like this

Posted

Ryu Soo Young, I googled him and he's good looking ahjussi, I think I have watched him several times in drama tv's that's why I could recognized him. Too bad he will not be partnered up with Kim Soyeon due to certain circumstances, I understand Kim Soyeon's decision to not get the same role and script over and over again, she's a versatile actress, so that's explained a lot. 

I am excited to watch this drama on February, hopefully Kim Haesook and Ryu Hwayoung accept the offer so we got to see a beautiful looking family in one drama!

5 people like this

Posted

Another Happy Home actor is joining the drama Father is Weird. :w00t:

Ahn Hyo-seop confirmed to play the role of  Park Cheol-soo (Chul Soo? He has the same first name :)) , a person who majored in soccer and graduated from the department of social sports. He is also a rich person. He will be in a relationship with the youngest daughter played by Ryu Hwa-young. 

20160215_1455499715_04223700_1_99_20161228103102.jpg?type=w430_q80

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000936152

7 people like this

Posted

I am sad that Kim So-Yeon decided to drop out.
I am doubly sad, if that is because they decided to focus on the younger pair.
I prefer an all round family drama, where everyone is in the limelight.

But I love the news of Ryu Soo-Young joining the drama. If Kim So-Yeon had stayed on, that would have been their reunion in a drama since Two Weeks.

But I loved Ryu Soo-Young in every drama I have seen him in, and most notably in most recent drama Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-Ho, and the quirky short rom com The Virtual Bride, where he was paired with a much younger actress - Sistar's Dasom. They were so good together, and their chemistry was off the charts.  We were totally in love with that couple. Makes me want to see him again in a romantic role like that.

3 hours ago, larus said:

Another Happy Home actor is joining the drama Father is Weird

I am only about half way on Happy Home. Well, roughly. ep. 33 is next for me. Who was he? They young man who joined Mi-Soon? If so, I really liked him.

4 people like this

Posted

10 hours ago, irilight said:

I am sad that Kim So-Yeon decided to drop out.
I am doubly sad, if that is because they decided to focus on the younger pair.
I prefer an all round family drama, where everyone is in the limelight.

But I love the news of Ryu Soo-Young joining the drama. If Kim So-Yeon had stayed on, that would have been their reunion in a drama since Two Weeks.

It still could be an all round family drama. I believe they have micro stories for all the couples in this drama. There were changes in the drama and I have to say that just from the little synopsis that we got, I was not happy with the story they prepared for her. I will watch a little to see how it will be on screen. I love Ryun Soo young too and it would have been great to see them explore this couple on screen after Two Weeks. Look how adorable they were behind the scene. Link 1 Link 2

Ryu Soo young was in Ojakgyo Brothers (the writer`s other successful family drama) and despite being the second couple, his story line was one of the public favorite. He won the best couple award with his partner on screen. Even from me, it was a surprising news that Soyeon dropped the drama. It was sudden and really something happened. KBS family dramas have good rating so for her it was a guarantee of payment so I doubt it was an easy decision. She prepared for the role for a long time. I want to believe that another better opportunity came her way than to suspect her dissatisfaction with the story or other personal reasons.  But I support her as she knows the best what is good for her.

Soyeon dropping the show doesn`t affect the drama. They will find another actress and I am sure that she will do a great pair with Ryu Soo young too.

10 hours ago, irilight said:

I am only about half way on Happy Home. Well, roughly. ep. 33 is next for me. Who was he? They young man who joined Mi-Soon? If so, I really liked him.

Yes, Ahn Hyo-seop was Chul soo, the young man who had a crush on Mi soon. The public even wanted a romantic story line with them, with a hug age gap. Now he has a partner around his age and I think the audience will be looking forward to see them even more. :)

4 people like this

Posted

14 hours ago, larus said:

Look how adorable they were behind the scene

Oh, I love them together. Thank you for the clips.

Ryu Soo young was in Ojakgyo Brothers (the writer`s other successful family drama) and despite being the second couple, his story line was one of the public favorite. He won the best couple award with his partner on screen.

Thank you for letting us know. I have not yet watched Ojakgyo Brothers, but I heard lots of good things about it. It is on my "to watch" list.

I want to believe that another better opportunity came her way than to suspect her dissatisfaction with the story or other personal reasons.  But I support her as she knows the best what is good for her.

I hope so, and you are most likely correct. I read in the Korean press that she dropped for personal reasons

Yes, Ahn Hyo-seop was Chul soo, the young man who had a crush on Mi soon. The public even wanted a romantic story line with them, with a hug age gap. Now he has a partner around his age and I think the audience will be looking forward to see them even more. :)

ah.. Thank you.  I am happy he is joining the drama.

AsianWiki says that the script reading is now postponed to Jan.8th, so they have little time to fill in the spots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim So-Yeon  Abruptly Drops out of Weekend Drama "Father is Strange"

fhdfs.jpg

Read full article on Koala's Playground

3 people like this

Posted

9 hours ago, irilight said:

Thank you for letting us know. I have not yet watched Ojakgyo Brothers, but I heard lots of good things about it. It is on my "to watch" list.

I did not watch it but I read some information about it. Hope the writer`s new family drama will be as good.

I have withdrawal symptoms... :w00t: I still looking for information about this drama.  

4 people like this

Posted

17 hours ago, irilight said:

AsianWiki says that the script reading is now postponed to Jan.8th, so they have little time to fill in the spots.

one week more to script reading~~ Yuhuuu  :w00t:

Did Ryu Hwayoung accepts the offer yet?

3 people like this

Posted

More information about the characters.

News bites: December 31, 2016

by awcoconuts | December 31, 2016 | 3 Comments

• Citing personal reasons, Kim So-yeon (All’s Well With a Happy Home) has dropped out of Father Is Weird, and now the show is on the search for a replacement to play the lead and eldest daughter. On the other hand, they may have found her character’s love interest: Ryu Soo-young (Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho) is in negotiations to take the male lead, a variety PD who is actually a talented, qualified director but who’s constantly berated for not being trendy enough. Ahn Hyo-sub (Entertainer) has been cast in a loveline with Ryu Hwa-young (Age of Youth), and while Ryu’s character has no shortage of men by her side, he’ll be the one who gets her to settle down. Ahn’s character wanted to be a soccer player but due to his father’s disapproval, he ends up coaching young, aspiring soccer players instead. About the sons and daughters of the owner of a humble snack restaurant on the outskirts of Seoul, the warm and comedic family drama has also cast Kim Young-chul (Happy Home), Jung So-min (D-Day) and Lee Joon (Woman With a Suitcase) and will follow Laurel Tree Tailors on KBS. [Joy News 24, News 1, TV Report]
4 people like this

Posted

#LeeYuRi offered lead role in KBS's upcoming drama 'Father is Weird'

C1IOLeRVQAAeoXq.jpg

source

14 people like this

Posted

Lee Yuri up for family weekend drama Father Is Weird
lyi.jpeg

Read full article on Dramabeans

4 people like this

Posted

Lee Yuri has recently won an award! OMG I'm so excited for her already in this drama!!:w00t:

3 people like this

Posted

Watch Kim Haesook and Kim Youngchul promo for Father Is Strange

6 people like this

Posted

I thought Ryu Sooyoung has already confirmed the role

3 people like this

Posted

Good news for Father is Strange followers...

The first script reading will be on January 11. The cast confirmed: Lee Yoori, Ryu Soo Young, Lee Joon, Jung Soo Min, Kim Young Chul, Kim Hae Sook, Ryu Hwa Young, Ahn Hyo seop,  Min Jin-woong and Lee Mi Do. Those will form the major couples..

201701091612776004_587344329bd1a.jpg

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=1&branch=NEWS&source=&category=entertainment&art_id=4914717

8 people like this

Posted

Why they just cast Ahn Hyo-seop? His acting never improved from One More Happy Ending. His roles always the same.

Good to see  Min Jin-woong  after Drinking Solo, I hope the script will help us laugh more than makjang and dragging.

5 people like this

Posted

8 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Why they just cast Ahn Hyo-seop? His acting never improved from One More Happy Ending. His roles always the same

There are many Korean actors and actresses that would fit this criteria....  (I have a long list of mine own..B)).
I thought he was cute in Happy Home.
I am happy we have many good solid actors among the cast.

Thank you @larus, for updates on cast confirmations.

4 people like this