tompark

[Drama 2017] Chief Kim 김과장

On 12/29/2016 at 3:56 PM, evie7 said:

I haven't checked out his variety show yet, did he have it red there? 

@evie7 my sister,  no. Namgoong Min had his natural hair on the variety show. Only for this show his hair color is red.
Actually, I like it on him, especially on those first 2 IG updates that @tompark   posted. The suits seemed to go well with that hair color.

3 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Plus I adore Junho as an actor! He is really really good. "Memory" is one of my fav shows, he was amazing in it

@carolinedl,   little cutie says hello smiley I am so happy you are joining us. I feel the same about Junho and Memory.  You just mention that drama and my heart goes to a different space. What an awesome drama that was.  BTW, I also loved Junho in the movie "Memory of the Sword."

Thank you for the updates @tompark and @mysignisflower

Below is an article to go with the prison images

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mister Kim" Namgoong Min in trainers

photo801483.jpg

Actor Namgoong Min completed his first take for KBS 2TV drama "Mister Kim" in a colorful sweatsuit.

According to Logos Film, Namgoong Min stars in the drama "Mister Kim" as Kim Seong-ryong, an accountant for a gangster organization before he turns into the manager in the accounting department of TQ Group.

Namgoong Min looks pretty relaxed in the pictures. He is locked up in the police station but he doesn't look anxious at all.

Then outside the lock-up, he's drinking yogurt with a straw and arguing about something with the policeman.

Namgoong Min has short and light brown hair and is wearing checked pants with a zip-up jumpsuit.

Namgoong Min has prepared a lot for this character and it's the first time he's working with the writer and director.

Meanwhile, "Mister Kim" is a comedy drama about a crumbling company in which Kim Seong-ryong joins to hit the jackpot but fights for injustice instead.

The drama is written by Park Jae-beom-I and directed by Lee Jae-hoon-II and it is expected for released on the 25th of January.

source: Hancinema

Happy-New-Year-Banner-for-Facebook.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, irilight said:

@carolinedl,   little cutie says hello smiley I am so happy you are joining us. I feel the same about Junho and Memory.  You just mention that drama and my heart goes to a different space. What an awesome drama that was.  BTW, I also loved Junho in the movie "Memory of the Sword.

Oh my god, I can talk about "Memory" for hours. Most underrated Korean drama ever!!

I need to watch that movie ASAP then!

So I cannot wait to see him in this new drama :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Oh my god, I can talk about "Memory" for hours. Most underrated Korean drama ever!!

I need to watch that movie ASAP then!

So I cannot wait to see him in this new drama :)

@carolinedl, yes. I feel the same about Memory and Junho.  Memories of the Sword, very thought provoking movie.

As we were just speaking of Junho, here is his look for this drama   :wub:

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

@tompark, thank you for the trailers.
To be honest, I am not crazy about either of them.
I hope the drama will be better than these trailers. (that is sometimes the case, esp. with comedies)

• Like 6

@irilight I know what you mean and I have to agree with you, there's "something" missing in there. 
Namgoong as the tendency to choose really well written dramas, so I'm hoping this is the case, if not I don't know how everyone we'll take him after this role. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, tompark said:

Namgoong as the tendency to choose really well written dramas, so I'm hoping this is the case, if not I don't know how everyone we'll take him after this role. 

I agree, @tompark. Same goes for Junho. They both tend to choose well written material.
And this is from the scriptwriter of God's Quiz and Good Doctor - and I too, thought that is promising.

Same scriptwriter - also wrote Drama Special "Revengeful Spirit." aka "Vengeful Spirit" I watched it and liked it quite a bit.

Spoiler

It is still available on KBS World YT channel

So I am crossing my fingers that our Chief Kim will be a good drama.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, irilight said:

@carolinedl, yes. I feel the same about Memory and Junho.  Memories of the Sword, very thought provoking movie.

As we were just speaking of Junho, here is his look for this drama   :wub:

Ah thanks for the pics! I like it. Well the hair is very... employee like (makes me think of Misaeng) but he loosk cool anyway :P he he

• Like 3

Namgoong Min Shares A Glimpse Of Himself On The Set Of “Chief Kim”

Namgoong Min

On January 4, Namgoong Min teased fans by uploading a behind-the-scenes photo of what appears to be the aftermath of a dramatic scene from his newest upcoming drama, KBS’s “Chief Kim.”

The actor looks battered and bloody, with a series expression on his face. The only other hint that he gives is a short caption that says, “Troublemaker Chief Kim.”

Namgoong Min is playing Kim Sung Ryong, a genius chief accountant who enters a large company TQ Group with the intent of embezzling them, but ends up with a much more positive result than planned when he saves them from corruption.

Written by Park Jae Bum of “Good Doctor” and directed by Lee Jae Hoon of “Page Turner,” the drama also features actors Nam Sang Mi, Jung Hye Sung, and 2PM’s Junho.

“Chief Kim” will premiere on January 25 following the end of KBS’s “Oh My Geum Bi.”

What do you think happened to Namgoong Min’s character?

source

Now - that sounds more interesting.....

• Like 4

On 1/2/2017 at 4:58 AM, irilight said:

thank you for the trailers.
To be honest, I am not crazy about either of them.
I hope the drama will be better than these trailers. (that is sometimes the case, esp. with comedies)

I agree w/you and @tompark I'm not crazy about them either but I'm crossing my fingers.  I do like the the one where they all walk all the boss to go home.  You just don't how may times I've wanted to do that at work when asked "Do you want to stay and work some overtime?" It seems like they were in a rush to get this drama going so I'll over look it.  I like the writer, Blood even had a pretty good concept and storyline.  

• Like 3

On 1/6/2017 at 0:41 AM, tompark said:

Script Reading for "Chief Kim":

Thank you for the update, @tompark

So, it looks like Junho will be with blond hair again in this drama. I like him with light hair.
Nam Sang-Mi looks pretty and fit after having given birth.

16 hours ago, evie7 said:

I like the writer, Blood even had a pretty good concept and storyline.  

Me, too - I like the writer. Also God's Quiz...

• Like 2

Well after some month of K-Drama slump the new year certaintly brings not just one but two shows I'm looking forward to. And Chief Kim really is on of these two. I really liked how Namgoong Min portrayed his character in BGS and I do hope we will be able to see his comic talent here as well. I'm so going to check this thread regularly once the show has started next week even if I can't watch live as I'm always gonna be stucked at work when it will be airing.

I think the more detailed story summary is really interesting as well and in the hand of a good writer-nim there so much potential in it. So I'm really having high hopes and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them being satisfied.

Bring it on show...

• Like 3

Waves to @Lady_Fay.   hello smiley

I am curious how this drama shapes up. I hope there will be a good balance between comic and serious moments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Making rock music with office supplies in new Chief Kim teaser

chk02.jpg

Read article on Dramabeans

• Like 4