tompark

[Current Drama 2017] Chief Kim 김과장 - on KBS2

479 posts in this topic

Posted

@bebebisous33   The chemistry of SR and SY is sooo daebak, specially in this ep 18.  Apparently he was not undercover, but fell out of grace and became scapegoat.    With SR and his typical way of guiding and waiting for people to respond, he stood up and now are in it together!   Yass!    The SR and HK hard-sell and soft-sell never fails too.    As for MS,  sending him to Chief Kim  was the best thing his mother did for him.  While his work qualifications as heir apparent are still lacking,  he has time to learn.   He learned humility from all those envelopes he has had to glue.    As he watched SR and General Operations and participated in righting wrongs, it developed the dormant warm heart  inherited from grandpa and mother, and thus matured in that respect.  It  is very important if he one day has to take the helm.

Despite SY's lack of connections in his  old job,  or moneyed family  in TQ,  he got by on brains, a very high level of education, determination and a little luck.   A lot of people are the same---they study, persevere and hope to eventually reach their goals.       But I also understand that SY can only reach a goal one short of CEO, Chairman, the lucky kids with silver spoons, or Chief Prosecutor and politicians with influence.   At the end of the day, he climbed the biggest ladder but as pawn in a dice game, was brought down in one fell swoop by the biggest snake in Snakes and Ladders. 

SY ate humble pie  that he badly needed, as his string of quick successes went to his head, and how!!    what SR has that SY doesn't:  Empathy.  Heart.  Charisma, cheerfulness, compassion and cheekiness, in spades.   Builds bridges, not walls.   An unlikely hero that  rallies people to what is righteous. An uncanny ability to tame lions. 

While it is an office drama,  it revolves around finance that speaks to me because of my background,  but its themes of good vs evil, honesty vs deceit, and having someone brave to champion people to right the wrongs, are universal.  It became really interesting because it did not lose theme, human traits and foibles, while being treated with mega doses of humor, wit, and sarcasm.    

The cast and the characters they play became the backbone that makes each episode so fun and riveting to watch.  Nam Goong Min's version of KSR is  so genius,  that it seems infectious to everyone else, who bring their A game  as well.   The script and directing are on point.   

Romance is certainly optional, and they did go there a just little bit.  This is why this thread is slow,  but I am not complaining.   I love this drama and will remember it for a long time. 

8 people like this

Posted

@hazeljrr_c922 Yes, SY became bad because of one decision: working for TQ, while the opposite happened with KSR. Both never really intented to become that way (real villain; Mr. Righteous). However, from the start, SY was portrayed to have a soft spot which underlined that he was not really bad. It just humanised him. For me, the episode 18 was so funny and cute... the best so far. 

3 people like this

Posted

Of course, the male and female leads are the most important in this drama. But I really like the development of MS in this drama, if he becomes like his grandfather and become a righteous leader of a huge corporation, that would be the best reward for the entire drama to me. Madam Jang gives me confidence, she has always done the right thing and supported the little guys. The Go and Goo law firm is certainly very confident, it saved us time and time again. It should be a very rewarding end of this drama and I look forward to it. @hazeljrr_c922 is right, we are only on Page 24 after 18 episodes and @RobinM contributed to most of the pages. It is really strange that a drama full of stories and wonderful characters cannot attract more interaction between us. I have seen other threads going 5 to 10 pages for just one mediocre kiss. I also received over 30 likes one time for saying I like the female lead's hair. But regardless of great involvement, this is one of the best dramas.

5 people like this

Posted

Well, this drama gets a lot of comments on illegal drama sites. 

However , it's not romantic enough for people to comment everytime. 

Even Defendant had a meh thread considering it almost broke 30% only cause it has no romance.

SHR, Goblin, DOTS, MDBC, SWDBS : All of them hsd romance as focus and almost all the drama was problems for the couple, so it gets 24/7 feedback from shippers.

Here we have no couples, no kisses, no romantic OST. So it means people see it , but have no extreme need to comment on soompi once they are done :)

6 people like this

Posted

More funny lines:-

- "Who Are You?"

- "If I Told You, I Wouldn't Have To Change My Voice Do I?"

- "Yea You're Right" :lol:

- "What's with your hair? It looks like a bowl..":D

Aigoo~ Myungsook-ah you're growing up to be the fine man your mom wanted you to be^_^ 

That ending shot at ep.18 where both Seoyul and Chief Kim confronted the Chairman was Daebak! They both looked smokin' hot in their suits tooB) omo we're down to just 2 ep. as the drama finale ends next week:(  I'm suffering from withdrawals already...

7 people like this

Posted

OST part 8: Dalda - So it is

5 people like this

Posted

i doubt this drama gave space to romance until the end because the writer track record with his previous drama, sang tae and gwang sook who clearly had confirm their mutual feeling never had lovey dovey scene, just with cosplay scene in humour taste from famous romance drama just to entertain from the tension of plot

chief kim and hk never consider their admiration and comfort to be more than colleague though hk seems had special feeling for him,

the writer may gave seo yul and hk have open ending relationship, they have chance to become lover, because in so many occasion they become close and comfort to each other, may be in season 2 if the writer wanted to made another season make their progress from friendzone to lover

but we really enjoy the bromance (myung seok-kim sung ryong and kim sung ryong-seo yul) more than the romance

congrats: chief kim took third place  in march drama reputation ranking

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/25/drama-reputation-rankings-revealed-month-march/

4 people like this

Posted

After catching up on the last two episodes I'm thinking my theory that Seo Yul is 100% a good guy is incorrect :lol: 

I think one of my favourite things about this show is the friendships. Chief Kim has his bromances with Manager Choo, Seo Yul, and Myung Seok. Ha Kyung's friendships with Kwang Sook, the CEO, Chief Lee's wife, and just how all the female characters get along (except Director Jo, obviously). I think this is the first kdrama I've watched that didn't have the main female characters hate each other because of a man or jealousy.

I really liked the comment Sung Ryong made about Myung Seok being more like his mother. I hope at the end of the show TQ is back in their hands and not the chairman's.

8 people like this

Posted

I love this drama more than lovey Dovey drama. Hahahaha. I laughed a lot watching all 18 episodes. :lol:

9 people like this

Posted

These 2 are cute together.... Hehe.

@pinkroses Agree, me too! So much fun and never a dull moment! 

7 people like this

Posted

thank for sharing the behind the scenes. just love watching the bromance between KSR and SY behind the scenes. Huuuu still long way till Wednesday night.

6 people like this

Posted

22 minutes ago, isbes83 said:

thank for sharing the behind the scenes. just love watching the bromance between KSR and SY behind the scenes. Huuuu still long way till Wednesday night.

this lunatic romance is too strong hahaha.. :wub:

4 people like this

Posted

I find this drama so late , and im enjoying it so far. Love the humor and the storyline. As much as the hilarity is embedded in the story, the realism of humanity is reflected all through out. Im still on episode 6, but show is making me hooked ! :wub:

C73DZFbVUAAIeKF.jpgC73DjH0U8AAq9wV.jpg

7 people like this

Posted

i hope the writer will give impactfull ending to wrap up the drama: arrest and give the most severe punishment to chairman and the minions, without give space for them to make win-win solution or deal to avoid the jail, with all the crime and mess

at least we can satisfy with that conclusion every people will pay their crime because everyone have equal position in law, no matter who they are, powerfull or powerless, they will pay all their crimes with fair punishment, meanwhile in reality, the corrupt people who bring financial loss to nation and suffer to many people can avoid the punishment or imprisoned in short time so then they never guilty or afraid to do the same crime again

6 people like this

Posted

preview 29-mar

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

God so many otp (bromance) moments in the teaser. And the D to the O part in the end about killed me :D

I will miss them so much... Maybe they can make a sequel where they co-operate to save another company :(

Edited by glee77
8 people like this

Posted

The new Improved Yul is the best thing ever!!!His bromance with Sung Ryong is on another level,who even needs romance when i have this two on my screen!!!We can clearly see how SR left his traces in him just like with all the others... Yul sleeping in Mr. Choo house with SR is beyond adorable,at last he is not alone...I already imagine his face when he will enter Nam Ho house and will see that beauty of dartboard with his mourning pic staring right back at him...The ending with the duo along the best law combo ever doing the D. to the O is to die for!!!!Seeing Yul like this,being alive and letting loose his fun side and enjoying it makes u wonder what took him so long to board the SR ship/train...:lol:

I see they try finding out who is backing Chairman Park,aka the Elder

Love love this writer witty humor to bits!!!He should write more comedy type because he has it!!!

On 26.03.2017 at 11:16 AM, pinkroses said:

I love this drama more than lovey Dovey drama. Hahahaha. I laughed a lot watching all 18 episodes. :lol:

Sometimes we need this type of drama to relax and let aside the usual romance genre...Who knew my favorite combo would be the bromance or frenemy between Yul and Sung Ryong and not some romance in quite some time...I never get tired of this two and aside from the great writing it's the chemistry between Junho and Namgong Min that makes this duo sizziling..

8 people like this

Posted

On 24.03.2017 at 3:49 AM, hazeljrr_c922 said:

@bebebisous33   The chemistry of SR and SY is sooo daebak, specially in this ep 18.  Apparently he was not undercover, but fell out of grace and became scapegoat.    With SR and his typical way of guiding and waiting for people to respond, he stood up and now are in it together!   Yass!    The SR and HK hard-sell and soft-sell never fails too.    As for MS,  sending him to Chief Kim  was the best thing his mother did for him.  While his work qualifications as heir apparent are still lacking,  he has time to learn.   He learned humility from all those envelopes he has had to glue.    As he watched SR and General Operations and participated in righting wrongs, it developed the dormant warm heart  inherited from grandpa and mother, and thus matured in that respect.  It  is very important if he one day has to take the helm.

Despite SY's lack of connections in his  old job,  or moneyed family  in TQ,  he got by on brains, a very high level of education, determination and a little luck.   A lot of people are the same---they study, persevere and hope to eventually reach their goals.       But I also understand that SY can only reach a goal one short of CEO, Chairman, the lucky kids with silver spoons, or Chief Prosecutor and politicians with influence.   At the end of the day, he climbed the biggest ladder but as pawn in a dice game, was brought down in one fell swoop by the biggest snake in Snakes and Ladders. 

SY ate humble pie  that he badly needed, as his string of quick successes went to his head, and how!!    what SR has that SY doesn't:  Empathy.  Heart.  Charisma, cheerfulness, compassion and cheekiness, in spades.   Builds bridges, not walls.   An unlikely hero that  rallies people to what is righteous. An uncanny ability to tame lions. 

While it is an office drama,  it revolves around finance that speaks to me because of my background,  but its themes of good vs evil, honesty vs deceit, and having someone brave to champion people to right the wrongs, are universal.  It became really interesting because it did not lose theme, human traits and foibles, while being treated with mega doses of humor, wit, and sarcasm.    

The cast and the characters they play became the backbone that makes each episode so fun and riveting to watch.  Nam Goong Min's version of KSR is  so genius,  that it seems infectious to everyone else, who bring their A game  as well.   The script and directing are on point.   

Romance is certainly optional, and they did go there a just little bit.  This is why this thread is slow,  but I am not complaining.   I love this drama and will remember it for a long time. 

Everything u wrote is resonating with moi!!!!

Like Yul himself ackwnowledged his greed got the better of him,that worm inside him ate him yet he was lucky to realize it and turn back...Part because of the great people he has around him and the other for his courage to turn around and go back to his roots...We could actually see that along the road if Yul continued on that autodestructive path he would be a mirror of Chairman Park,who became like that because of his desire for power and greed...

Sung Ryong is indeed a person full of empathy and heart and can connect with people and feel along them something that Yul is in the process of learning also thanks to his influence and along the way even more with all the good people will surround him now that he opened that door...I mean SR even touched his heart that was quite jaded

I apreciate that the characters feel real,they are on the grey area not the usual or good or bad type,they feel real...Also love that quote SR told Yul at Han River..."U just have to turn around",when this one said it's too late to change...There is always a choice...

It's sad that only us few comment here each week and enjoy this gem but like many said people go mainly for romance...Hope better later than never,they will be able to find it and appreciate it's quality

On 24.03.2017 at 4:02 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

More funny lines:-

- "Who Are You?"

- "If I Told You, I Wouldn't Have To Change My Voice Do I?"

- "Yea You're Right" :lol:

- "What's with your hair? It looks like a bowl..":D

Aigoo~ Myungsook-ah you're growing up to be the fine man your mom wanted you to be^_^ 

That ending shot at ep.18 where both Seoyul and Chief Kim confronted the Chairman was Daebak! They both looked smokin' hot in their suits tooB) omo we're down to just 2 ep. as the drama finale ends next week:(  I'm suffering from withdrawals already...

Adding CHief Kim busted for wearing insoles or the way he positioned himself besides Yul jajaja

Even the main OST by DinDin is dedicated to Yul&SR,u can also find parts of it in the story,said by SR and even in ep 18 when SR and Yul talk about turning aroung his life...

The dialogue is always so witty,i love it!

On 26.03.2017 at 11:13 AM, rychase said:

After catching up on the last two episodes I'm thinking my theory that Seo Yul is 100% a good guy is incorrect :lol: 

I think one of my favourite things about this show is the friendships. Chief Kim has his bromances with Manager Choo, Seo Yul, and Myung Seok. Ha Kyung's friendships with Kwang Sook, the CEO, Chief Lee's wife, and just how all the female characters get along (except Director Jo, obviously). I think this is the first kdrama I've watched that didn't have the main female characters hate each other because of a man or jealousy.

I really liked the comment Sung Ryong made about Myung Seok being more like his mother. I hope at the end of the show TQ is back in their hands and not the chairman's.

It would be so gratifying seeing Ceo Jang again as the Chairman,her rightful place building TQ again,something that her good for nothing husband ruined along with all the people helping her...More than sure Chairman Park will be dismissed from his position...Hope he will go to prison for all his deeds inclusive for attentive murder of Chief Lee and Director Jo as well get her punishment...

5 people like this

Posted

KBS posted the same preview with subs this time...

And spotlight on actor playing Myeong Suk! So much bromance all around in this drama... hehehe..

4 people like this