tompark

[Current Drama 2017] Chief Kim 김과장 - on KBS2

466 posts in this topic

Posted

Annyeong everyone

I just realised I don't know the total episodes of Chief Kim. Thought today episode 16 is the finale....but its not? How many episodes are there? Any chingu can reply? Thanks in advance.

6 people like this

Posted

SY is like a cute puppy in front of HK. I like them both.  They should have love line. Hahahah:lol:. But I love HK with SR too. Hahahaha

6 people like this

Posted

OMO. OMO. Seoyul-ssi, never knew you had a heart LoL! Him saving Chief Kim's life and then Chief Kim offering him a lifesaving "coupon" was freaking hilarious:lol: and yes, finally Chief Kim decides to hire bodyguards. Although c'mon, Morpheus and Neo seriously heh:tongue:

I think it's no secret Seoyul loves to eat:D Ahahahah at the scene where Chief Kim was explaining to Gwangsook! The laughs just keep on comin' with each ep. another gem of a scene is where Chief Kim was tryin' so hard to restrain himself from hitting the dumb@$$ prosecutor LMFAo!

I just crack up whenever Chief Kim emphasizes the Chairman's name - D to the O HA. 

Bromance is blooming between Chief Kim and Seoyul! They give each other nicknames now : TQ's Psycho and Gluttonous Sociopath:lol:

6 people like this

Posted

@alekaonu I hear it's slated for 20 ep. So basically there's 5 more ep. to go, according to KBS' Entertainment Weekly the drama has steady ratings and is doin' pretty well.

5 people like this

Posted

Dang,Chief Kim and Ga Eun played them BIG TIME!!!! I almost belived they got him this time!!!But Chief Kim is Chief Kim!!!

7 people like this

Posted

6 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

Dang,Chief Kim and Ga Eun played them BIG TIME!!!! I almost belived they got him this time!!!But Chief Kim is Chief Kim!!!

Hi @Miky88 chingu, me too. But Chief Kim is smarter than them. Caught the bad guys big this time! Good for Chief Kim and Ga Eun.

Thanks @Latte_Anyday chingu for replying my question. Ok...so there are 4 more episodes to go, Good!

5 people like this

Posted

More than sure The Chairman will turn against Yul and maybe try to frame him big time and my guess is Sung Ryong will be the one to save him this time as promised...That cupon will come in handy,that is if Yul doesn't have it as a backplan and saw the backstab coming...

5 people like this

Posted

From today's vids, part of which I couldnt understand :huh:

SR was able to get a pass as observer of the audit.   He has a head for figures, and remembers things.  He bothered them, Chief Kim style.

Prosecutor disguised as pizza delivery man showed up in Business Operations while Gaeun was there.  It was hilarious, specially with cleaning ahjumma whacking his back.  Anyway, this delivery idea was much better than meeting in public!  

SR and Gaeun I think pulled the leg of both directors and mentioned "prosecutor" (geum sa) to make them give back the envelope with the papers?    It was the lady in Finance who gave it to her, maybe to "shred"?  The lady may be fed up but can't expose herself.   SR had to rush out to join HK as she was going to expose the SD card of Chief Lee to the auditors. 

Everyone is acting more like SR.  From HK to Gaeun to cleaning ahjumma, even Myungsuk (not as confidently though).  Apparently SR backs them up and gives them confidence.  

We will all be certain with subs.  

5 people like this

Posted

It's actually hilarious how at the baddie side the only one who knows SR true value and brain is Yul and tells them again and again not to underastimate him because they will fail yet they never listen...At least Yul knows he is darn brilliant,it makes it so much better...

4 people like this

Posted

45 minutes ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

From today's vids, part of which I couldnt understand :huh:

SR was able to get a pass as observer of the audit.   He has a head for figures, and remembers things.  He bothered them, Chief Kim style.

Prosecutor disguised as pizza delivery man showed up in Business Operations while Gaeun was there.  It was hilarious, specially with cleaning ahjumma whacking his back.  Anyway, this delivery idea was much better than meeting in public!  

SR and Gaeun I think pulled the leg of both directors and mentioned "prosecutor" (geum sa) to make them give back the envelope with the papers?    It was the lady in Finance who gave it to her, maybe to "shred"?  The lady may be fed up but can't expose herself.   SR had to rush out to join HK as she was going to expose the SD card of Chief Lee to the auditors. 

Everyone is acting more like SR.  From HK to Gaeun to cleaning ahjumma, even Myungsuk (not as confidently though).  Apparently SR backs them up and gives them confidence.  

We will all be certain with subs.  

SR contacted the Prosecutor to say he will help and that he'll do it his way,aka even the Pizza idea...He knew from some time Ga Eun was listening to him and even knew after Yul told him why he bugged him were he's bug was(in that mini trush coin keeper) yet he choose to wait for her to reveal herself knowing her good itentions,also he knew right away after the Prosecuror came she is also one from the way they excanged glances...

SR knew beforehand they are trying to set a trap to catch him,they were to visible for him not to see and use it to fool them,he knew they might try to frame him like Chief Lee and had a camera installed and saw the Finance Dude setting all up and Ga Eun knew as well the Lady gave her the secret info on purpose,she was too obvious(she is smart,i guess staying with Chief Kim and as mentor gets the best of one as skills)..Ga Eun was accused with leaking Confidential material...They both made an act and changed the confidential documents with Cofeteria Menu knwoing more likely they won't look inside and waited to put the show till they came for them...Ga Eun said in the end that they might as well sue them for what false accusations nd all the stuff they did...

The plan was quite good and on many fronts...The confidential documents,the money,the secret fund on papers,the testimony of the Minions saying Chief Kim threteaned them to get various confidential documents from them yet they underestimated the brains of Chief Kim...It works on people like Chief Lee but not on ones like Sung Ryong

5 people like this

Posted

18 hours ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

Guys I do not know why, but I have the feeling that HK and SY are going to be together at the end. I do not want this. But at the same time, why they have the most romantic scenes :( ???? 

Hmm from my POV, you can see clearly that HK caring alot for Chief Kim, her expression for Chief Kim when he told her he nearly killed was full of caring and love :tongue: while when she was going out with SY, I see that HK just want to thanks him for saving Chief Kim and she realized that he's not so bad after all. 

12 people like this

Posted

Chief Kim is a human calculator, seriously he's just a man of many "skills" eh? Though it was a pretty ingenious way of gettin' a peek at the audit. He sure has a way of gettin' under people's skin LoL. 

Ahahah at Myungsook's so-called Tanzanian!:lol:

Aigoo~ Gaeun got me fooled with her "crying"...I really thought it would be the end but of course they outsmart us all, well played Chief KimB)

7 people like this

Posted

OST part 7:

6 people like this

Posted

Has anyone noticed that executive director Go's habit? Each time she sits in her office, she uses a lot of aroma lamp and burning stick incenses and this habit reveals something about her personality. Since she keeps doing dirty things, she needs to cover up her dirty deeds with perfume and fragrance. In my opinion, she is connecting unconsciously her wrongdoings with rotten smell. In order to appear clean and fresh, she uses the aroma lamp and the burning stick incenses. Yet, it is not working because she is almost putting her nose next to the burning stick incenses or aroma lamp. Just like SY's habit to eat so often and fast represents his greed, her need to smell fragrance is her way to express her uneasiness with her life. 

10 people like this

Posted

The OST with Junho's pix reminds me of what HK said about food aggression, in an english subbed version accessible to me the morning after an episode.

So I googled,  Food aggression is animal behavior, lol.  Don't approach when eating, they get angry and may bite.  :)

Yes he has anger and impatience issues, he is selfish, he has a lot on his mind.  There is virtually nobody outside of his gray haired henchman,  that he can confide in.  He eats, alone, frequently,  in gluttonous amounts.   I hesitate to include greed as a reason,  because he did not steal,  and he saved SR, the streetsmart guy with chutzpah to do what he cannot. 

I hope the drama redeems SY,  and not reduce him into a plot device and a man to be arrested together with the rest, for complicity and knowledge, without doing anything about it.     

The best scenario for me:   He is slowly gathering fool-proof evidence, in terms of documents about the slush accounts and through the financials,  and a credible voluntary witness (Dir Lee Gang Shik, manager of the slush fund? )  But it is a giant web to be untangled.   Meantime, even if it is increasingly hard for him to do so, he tries to be consistently rude,  and follows what chairman orders as much as possible, because he cannot risk exposing himself.    SY, time is running out! 

Chief Lee's SB card may be critical.   What SR and team discovered in previous episodes,  and in ep 16 in the form of obsolete inventory,  empty shell and fake assets and non-existent foreign holdings,  are key in the massive theft.      One step ahead, SY has been covering up by trying to get them deleted, but the only way to plug that big hole  up is returning slush funds or getting a loan   Gee.  SY can't crack chairman.  

5 people like this

Posted

The most accurate answer from SY to HK about why he saved SR was the one he mumbled, "when you know a man will die, you can't just let him die." To me, that showed SY is different from the truly evil ones, chairman and his gang; he still has human instincts. Many of us are still waiting for the good side of him to come out; but time is running out. Since SY was always mad about something, I was surprise to see him very calm about being bugged by the gift from Ga-Eun.

It would be sad for me if Ga-Eun ends the drama without a romantic relationship. Chief Kim has been taken and plus, he is an old geezer, as identified by Min Ji (young part-timer). What do you think, would Prosecutor Han be a match for her? Han has been portrayed as someone incompetent for his job, but he is a good man with principle. During their first "secret meeting" at a park bench, Ga-Eun kept telling Han how great Chief Kim is and when Han pressed for Kim's illegal activities, Ga-Eun stopped him from talking by putting her hand over his month. Therefore, in many ways, Ga-Eun didn't show respect for her sunbae. But the scene when Han came down hard on Ga-Eun for accepting the $10,000 Han was very forceful and Ga-Eun knew she was wrong for ease-dropping. Also, the scene of Han letting Ga-Eun eat his share of the pizza was also quite pleasing. After the mess of TQ has been taken care of, I suppose Ga-Eun and Han will work in the same prosecutor's office again and there their romance could start?

6 people like this

Posted

The chairman greed is unbelievable, I know scum (cough cough) human like do exist. But come on, you already are filfthy rich, why do you need the slush fund ? Are you going to cure cancer with that money ? No, obviously not. You are not going to spend a dime of it, you just want money to have money that you are not even going to use up because you have so much money. We all die eventually (even if the evil ones tend to out live the goods ones), are you going to take that hard cash with you when you die ? So way bother to steal and stress about how to steal and not get found out. I can't wait for him to go down. 

YS is funning AS HELL but I don't see him playing everyone and being actually a mole or whatever, YS also is greedy for power, he wants power and to be on the winning team. I still cannot get over what he did to the union workers having them locked up on false charges, no good guy even disguise as a bad guy would do that.

7 people like this

Posted

I do believe Yul is undercover. Every 'solution' he comes up with for TQs problems don't actually fix the problem, just hide it a bit longer. I think he's collecting evidence and if he fixes the issues then the chairman and his team can't be punished for it. I do think he's enjoying the power he's been given in TQ but he is reluctant to cross the line too much, although he does do that at times. Sometimes you have to do bad things for the greater good. I think that's why he's not really doing much about Sung Ryong. The running of TQ would be easier if SR was out the way but his antics are bringing more and more of TQs crimes out - things that SY might not have known if SR wasn't kicking up a fuss. I guess we'll find out in the next episode whether he is or not, since his grey haired friend told him already that there's probably someone undercover in the company and, now he's found the wire tap, he knows that it's Ga Eun. But whether SY is or isn't undercover, I just want that chairman to get the punishment he deserves.

I miss Ha Kyung's scenes at the batting station. 

7 people like this

Posted

He is not evil like the CEO and his head minions  obviously but he is not a very good person at all  and he admits it. If he has the enough incentive and support he may be able to change somewhat-that is, With Kim and HK keeping him  on the honest side by force and  emotional influence respectively. But his addiction to power is like his addiction to food.  He is a troubled person And has deeper emotional issues. 

6 people like this

Posted

Ep 17 preview 

Cr: Owner 

6 people like this