0ly40

[Current Daily Drama 2016-2017] I'm Sorry Kang Nam Goo/아임 쏘리 강남구, Mon-Fri 8:30

987 posts in this topic

Posted

Just finished episode 11. My thoughts are mixed re the reaction of DH when he meets the Chairman. I would be so overwhelmed with happiness that I finally found my parents. But he did say he had mixed feelings because he thought his parents abandoned him. He was so calm. He probably needs time to process what had just happened and how it would affect his life going from poor to rich. DH didn't even tell KNG the truth. Instead he used scenarios of " what if a person, who's an orphan finds his parents, and they are rich; what should that person do." 

I can't believe that YT the son of a Director at TMO was the one responsible for the attack on NH, and send KNG to prison; AND a classmate of DH .These three young men are connected in some way! I'm glad that YH, his father were put in their place when TJ comes to rescue DH. Did you see their faces when they found out that DH is the son of the Chairman? 

I'm glad that DH tells MS and the Chairman that he can't return at this time. He can't just leave MA's family, the ones who gave him a home knowing he was an orphan and took care of him during difficult times. We still see a DH that hasn't changed because of his going from poor to rich---BUT  we know that will change when he abandons MA. You can also see TJ's brain working overtime trying to figure out what type of person DH is. What is his motive if he has any, for not embracing his new found "rich" family immediately? We shall find out, and I think it will be when DH has more power in TMO. Already we see MS planning to get rid of MA. MS will not waste any time revamping DH's life.From the way he dresses, his actions, his knowledge of the business world, the arts, the people he associates with. Will we be in  for a big surprise when the new DH emerges? 

5 people like this

Posted

On 12/30/2016 at 10:32 AM, auntyem said:

@stroppyse, Yay! Yet another forum I get to hang with you in! Lol. Nice to have these forums, to toss around our thoughts......can't even talk to my family about the dramas, I only get eyerolls! Or else if they DO listen, I just get patronizing nods of the heads. Heehee

Welcome to the club @auntyem  My family has been doing this to me for years be it in Texas or in Nevada.. I just tell them I don't bother them when they watch there shows so don't bother me.. I gave up on trying to get them to interact with me when watching my shows.. At one time I was able to get my hubby to watch Jumong was surprised he watch until the end and thats because it had action in it.. Got my sister to watch secrets she enjoyed it but said it was the last one she'll watch be cause the language barrier even though she can read but yet she sings spanish songs go figure.. :w00t:  SMH But I gotta love them there family.. SMH :w00t: :heart:

My thoughts on I'm sorry KNG is that Ma is sorry she can't love him because of the hurt and betrayal she gets from DH but after KNG witness DH treatment of Ma he will see the injustice done to her and decides to protect her. As I had metioned in the cjatroom SH could use KNG in some form to protect MA and he ends up falling in love with her because he has experience such thing before.. But I was wondering will DH try to reunite with MA towards the ending and she tells him she loves KNG..

5 people like this

Posted

OST part 1: Han Kyun Il - My life

3 people like this

Posted

Now that MS knows who DH is married to no way is she going to allow them to stay together. She said it in the last episode that he can not be with someone not of the same social class. Unfortunately that greedy granny only made it worse with her comments at the family dinner embarrassing everyone. Its a shame how they think they should benefit from DH finding his rich family when all they did was take from MA and DH and would not even give up a room to them. 

MS smiles in their faces but you can tell she does not like MA or want her with his son. At the end of the last episode she told her not to unpack their things because it will be all thrown out. I really hope MA holds on to the bank book her Aunt gave her because before long MS will have her out of there and divorced with no son or husband. 

6 people like this

Posted

Just finished episode 12. I had a question re the scene where DH, MA, and son JM are going to meet his parents. DH and JM walk ahead of MA, she stays back and watches them walk ahead then she follows. The last scene of the episode, again, DH and JM enter first, DH shuts the door--- then after his mother acknowledges JM, DH calls MA in. Does this foretell the abandonment of MA in the future? This was my first thought after watching these two scenes. We can see the mixed feelings from MA Aunt, SJ and younger uncle,CS. SJ feels that MA will have difficulty getting along with MS. CS thinks there will be a lot of confusion now that DH is suddenly "RICH."

Another question, do we still think KNG is TJ's son? Now we know why TJ believes the company should belong to him. He was the one that saved it by sacrificing his son's life. The day that his son was to have a bone marrow transplant, TJ being the donor, he was begged by MS to save the company and delay the surgery. She said Woo Shik can wait 4 days. MS said he was the only one that could save the company. But Woo Shik dies before the transplant could be done. Apparently WS had some form of Leukemia. Do you think he's still alive? Now I understand TJ's actions. I know someone mentioned that the Chairman and MS could have played a part in causing WS's death.. But the Chairman did volunteer to go in his place but MS was adamant it had to be TJ. We can see the remorse on his face and know he will do everything he can to make them pay for WS's death. See (REVENGE).

6 people like this

Posted

I agree @Mailelei I don't think KNG is Tae Jin's son--and thanks for explaining the bone marrow transplant--I did not catch that. BTW, what happened to TJ's wife/Woo Shik's mom?

I also thought that the way Show handled Do Hoon's reaction to finding out about his parents was very realistic. He's in shock mode at first; he looks like he just had the rug yanked out from under his feet. I liked that he wasn't overjoyed or giddy at first, but let it sink in. Too bad that once the money/power/control seduces him, he is gonna turn into the biggest b**tard we've seen in a while.

I find this show to be an interesting parallel with "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" in that the themes of losing your soul to money and power is a sure road to destruction. Once that happens, making a U-turn is very difficult. Even though KNG is more or less a 'gigolo', he still seems to have a sense of where the line between right and wrong is. I think Do Hoon is about to check his moral compass at the door of his newly found parent's Hannamdong mansion. Writers sure do love to skewer that neighborhood! 

My biggest question now is what about Jae Min? Will he be shuttled to the door with his mom or will he stay with his dad? I wanna know if Jae Min will toss his mom aside for a cushy life and a ton of toys.

6 people like this

Posted

I thought it was interesting that TJ got such a layered back story with the death of his son due to him allowing himself to be talked into going on the business trip and delaying the transfusion for his son. So, TJ is not just an evil person out to get the company; there is a reason why he feels entitled to it, and why he has so little sympathy for DH or DY's mom. I think TJ's wife probably couldn't forgive him for putting the company ahead of the life of his own son and left him. Also, DH's mother, for whom the viewers had a lot of sympathy for losing her son, turns out to have a mean, selfish streak. I thought it was totally brazen of her to ask TJ that surely he didn't blame the company for his son's death. 

I'm still not quite vested in the story, and probably won't be until DH kicks MA to the curb, and she's left with nothing, but NG to step in and try to help her. It's hard, knowing that there are going to be such awful times ahead, to watch MA be hopeful, and NG also seems to be forming a relationship to the woman who will ultimately be DH's second wife, I think?

As for Jae Min, I think as DH's, he's going to be retained by DH's family. Btw, as a divorcee with a child, that's probably why YH who is also a divorcee will be an acceptable spouse. Otherwise, DH's mother would be looking for an unblemished bride. My guess is that he's going to grieve for his mother as children do. 

Anyway, this drama seems to be investing some nuance into its good and bad characters to show that they're all people with flaws and reasons for their actions. It's complicated, as life is, and interesting. I'm still not looking forward to the next few weeks of heartache for MA. I wonder if they'll be a time jump of some kind once MA has been dumped to give her time to recover. Or whether they'll pursue a friendship between MA and NG which only later may turn into a romance. 

7 people like this

Posted

@shamrockmom It was mentioned in an earlier episode that TJ's wife is living abroad, so I'm assuming it's the US. Also that he has another son. I'm sure they both will pop up in future episodes.

I haven't watched the "Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim" but it has good reviews and the actor portraying Dr. Kim, the main character, just won the Grand Award. Can't remember if it was KBS or SBS.

I would be very concerned about JM. How will he adjust to his new life without MA? Worry about him regressing and becoming depressed.

6 people like this

Posted

Enjoyed the funny scenes in episode 13. DH learning to drive with NG, reminds me of when I was learning to drive.. My husband lost his patience so I ended up going to Drivers Ed. I think that is the best way to learn how to drive! NG has this talent of bringing out the chemistry of the characters he interacts with. The scene with YH when she calls him out to meet her Dad, was so funny. Would love to see NG modeling for YH. he has the looks and height to be a model. 

All the things that DH says he will not do to MA, will happen and MA will remember this when she comes back a stronger person. I'm glad SJ told MA that she can come to her whenever she's having a difficult time for comfort. Looks like the Chairman has a mean streak that we haven't seen. He fires Director Yang for what happened to DH at the police station. But I really don't blame him 'cuz Director Yang was the one responsible for sending NG to jail. He sees D Yang as a person that looks down on people of lower status.

i have to mention the scene when MS meets MA. What a contrast between TJ's expression and MS's. A "naughty " sneer vs a shocking one. That scene made me laugh because TJ's saying ,"This Is  a payback for the nasty things you have done." Can't wait to see if MS actually throws out all of DH, MA belongings!

4 people like this

Posted

I would really like to leave this drama until after MA has been dumped as well. I can't stand to see DH treat her that way after all she did for him. It will not take long for him to fall under the spell of living a Rich life. His mother will put just the right bait in front of him that makes him forget where he came from and who he should be thankful to have into his life. He will maybe feel a small bit of guilt but his mother will remove that. 

Only later when MA comes into his view again and is happy and starting life anew with a possible new love interest then he will want to stop that and drag her back to him and he can offer her nothing married to a woman I doubt he will truly love but will be tied to. 

5 people like this

Posted

20 hours ago, Mailelei said:

Just finished episode 12. I had a question re the scene where DH, MA, and son JM are going to meet his parents. DH and JM walk ahead of MA, she stays back and watches them walk ahead then she follows. The last scene of the episode, again, DH and JM enter first, DH shuts the door--- then after his mother acknowledges JM, DH calls MA in. Does this foretell the abandonment of MA in the future? This was my first thought after watching these two scenes. We can see the mixed feelings from MA Aunt, SJ and younger uncle,CS. SJ feels that MA will have difficulty getting along with MS. CS thinks there will be a lot of confusion now that DH is suddenly "RICH."

Another question, do we still think KNG is TJ's son? Now we know why TJ believes the company should belong to him. He was the one that saved it by sacrificing his son's life. The day that his son was to have a bone marrow transplant, TJ being the donor, he was begged by MS to save the company and delay the surgery. She said Woo Shik can wait 4 days. MS said he was the only one that could save the company. But Woo Shik dies before the transplant could be done. Apparently WS had some form of Leukemia. Do you think he's still alive? Now I understand TJ's actions. I know someone mentioned that the Chairman and MS could have played a part in causing WS's death.. But the Chairman did volunteer to go in his place but MS was adamant it had to be TJ. We can see the remorse on his face and know he will do everything he can to make them pay for WS's death. See (REVENGE).

I can't rightfully say that the blame should be placed on MS.. I know before hand TJ had to know he was a match for thee son and giving ample amount of time to get this surgery done.. Now he knew why didn't he go into the hospital the sameday he found out if he really wanted to save his son.. Most of the time when transplants are being done there are certain precausion they have a donor to do one is to check himself in the hospital.. Now if the doctor said that they had 4 days time it's the doctor to blame and not MS.. The boy had to have complication before he died and required surgery asap.. Maybe TJ is the one who waited to late I understand he had to go and get the contract signed himself but he could have made arrangements to do both.. I think it's more to it.. Maybe TJ at that time had thoughts of already taking over that company then..  I blame TJ and the Doc for this not giving accrate diagnosis for this..

3 people like this

Posted

I only blame TJ for the part of not pushing back that business to take care of his son. I do think he would have made the choice if not pushed by MS to take care of that. She put that company in front of his own child by rushing him to complete that task and not valuing his child's life more. Of course TJ is the one who ultimately lost out by choosing business over the life of his son. I can understand his anger as MS has no remorse over what happens and continues to taunt him with his greatest pain and dares to even say she hopes he does not blame the company or them for the death when she knows she pushed him to go to that  meeting to sign that contract. I think TJ blames himself more than anything but MS's constant snide remarks are what pushes him to be resentful. 

From what has been revealed. TJ started that company with his brother (or at least worked hard to help  him grow it.) and I think he never thought of taking that company before MS and her mouth started in with thinking her son should be the only one to inherit that company. I would be angry too at the sacrifices he made (even if some where bad choices) and dedication to that company and she is trying to push him out to put only her son in the drivers seat when he does not deserve it. 

As I saw in the last episode. DH will become drunk fast on the way people treat him as the son of the owner. TJ pegged him correctly. It will not take long for MS's influence to help DH along into becoming too intoxicated  on that attention and the money of that company and family. He is given a position he has not earned. IF he was truly right for the company he should have started at the bottom and worked his way up. Giving him something he has not earned means nothing as he will not appreciate it. DH will demand respect or expect it due to the company and the name not because he has earned it. 

7 people like this

Posted

@sava2sava @Ldy Gmerm Thank you both for your great analysis re The death of TJ's son WS. It's interesting how we differ in interpreting a scenario, BUT-- it makes for great conversation amongst us. Re DH and his position. I can't believe he didn't refuse and ask to start from the bottom. Did he get influenced that fast by MS? DH definitely should have started from the bottom so he could learn about the operations of the company. Like where does TMO stand with other similar companies as to size, type of business, market share, customer base, etc. He's going to have to do a a lot of studying to be one step ahead of his adversaries. Do you think he will be able to find a "mentor" to guide him and make him successful? I can see  TJ watching his very move and probably waiting for his downfall. I also see two fractions in the company; TJ and his backers vs DH and his backers.

4 people like this

Posted

21 hours ago, Mailelei said:

@sava2sava @Ldy Gmerm Thank you both for your great analysis re The death of TJ's son WS. It's interesting how we differ in interpreting a scenario, BUT-- it makes for great conversation among us. Re DH and his position. I can't believe he didn't refuse and ask to start from the bottom. Did he get influenced that fast by MS? DH definitely should have started from the bottom so he could learn about the operations of the company. Like where does TMO stand with other similar companies as to size, type of business, market share, customer base, etc. He's going to have to do a a lot of studying to be one step ahead of his adversaries. Do you think he will be able to find a "mentor" to guide him and make him successful? I can see  TJ watching his very move and probably waiting for his downfall. I also see two fractions in the company; TJ and his backers vs DH and his backers.

No way was DH going to say start me low in the company to learn and work my way up. Remember he was burned by TJ on getting a job so even if it was not the companies fault after humiliating himself and begging TJ only to not get a job he was not going to turn down whatever they decided to give him. He has endured a lot of ridicule and bad treatment over being poor and an orphan so if he can remove all of that bad by now being rich and the son of a good family he will take it. I am sure someone mentioned perhaps he should start low but given MS and her thoughts on appearance she was never going to want her son starting low in the company for people to talk. But again what could they say he is starting low to learn and that should have been it. But since he is given a position on a silver platter he will just take it as his due and not that he should work hard for that position he was given. Also he was jealous of MA having a job in that company I bet and to be able to be above her helps his pride and ego. 

I think they may try to assign someone to assist him but I can't see DH taking direction well and if it is TJ who decides to help lets just say there is too much animosity between them to even warrant that going on. I too think that it will come down to two fractions in the company DH's ,MS and their supporters and TJ and his. DH will slowly start falling for what his mom is dishing out and it will cause not only for him to loose his wife and hurt his son but for something to happen to that company to I bet. 

4 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, Mailelei said:

@sava2sava @Ldy Gmerm Thank you both for your great analysis re The death of TJ's son WS. It's interesting how we differ in interpreting a scenario, BUT-- it makes for great conversation amongst us. Re DH and his position. I can't believe he didn't refuse and ask to start from the bottom. Did he get influenced that fast by MS? DH definitely should have started from the bottom so he could learn about the operations of the company. Like where does TMO stand with other similar companies as to size, type of business, market share, customer base, etc. He's going to have to do a a lot of studying to be one step ahead of his adversaries. Do you think he will be able to find a "mentor" to guide him and make him successful? I can see  TJ watching his very move and probably waiting for his downfall. I also see two fractions in the company; TJ and his backers vs DH and his backers.

@Mailelei  I think DH has been studying these companies before applying. Like I said he should have started off in HR is not that DH don't have the education for the position it's he needs to earn his position.. You see how he eat that crap up seeing how mwn had to bow down to him no way will he starts low.. 

3 people like this

Posted

MA's unhappiness has already started with MS trying to control her. She will become MS's puppet. MS was embarrassed when MA Let that rich customer blame her for spilling a drink(coffee) all over her expensive outfit. The bathroom scene where MS slaps the lady, was to show MA that this is what you do(MA), when someone falsely accuses you. MS wants her to act like the rich and not like the poor. Show no kindness, show people who you are and don't lower your standards by bowing to them. MS will dictate what MA can say at home. MA can't offer her opinion and needs to keep her mouth shut. What a life! Such misery!!! MA can't even  acknowledge DH as her husband at work. We see the new DH at the end of today's episode. What a difference a new hairstyle and a suit will do for your image.

4 people like this

Posted

@sava2sava OMGosh, I can't believe I forgot that before going on a job interview, we must learn as much as we can about the company to be prepared to answer their questions. It was so long ago since I went to a job interview. Definitely DH should start as an intern in HR, but like you said he won't.

Posted

@Mailelei, @sava2sava,

Studying is one thing but actually doing the job is another thing. DH might have studied the basic concepts of that company but it's only paper.  Experience is the best teacher and DH has none.  He was handed that job on a silver platter because of who he's related too and not because he deserved it. His father feels guilty for the hard life his son has endured and is trying to make it up to him. On the other hand DH should have started at the bottom to get hands on experience. When you plop someone into a position with no actual hands on  experience it's a disaster in the making. I agree with @Ldy Gmerm that DH knows he doesn't deserve to be a director but this erases his past hardships and being disregarded because he was poor.. It's also a way to stick it to his uncle and those who looked down on him. DH is on the fast track to be recognized as someone by using his family name to get there. That one  experienced with MH and the doctor made his head swell a size larger. He sees what his family name affords him.

TJ's offer to help MS get DH and MA divorced will do just what he wants MS to do. She will do the opposite and try and change MA. The only thing about that is MA is not a person who will change. She's not the kind of person to use money and power as a way of life. I think MA will walk away herself in hopes that DH will follow. Unknowing to her it gives MS a chance to work on DH and swell his head even more. MS will convince him it was MA's own choice to walk away. He does not have to go back to that life when he does not have too. She will give him the choice to go or to stay but if he stays he has to cut MA and her family completely out of his life. Of course DH will choose the good life over the hard one and decide to divorce MA. MA will end up divorced with no job  because MS has already made her resign from her job. 

4 people like this

Posted

@awsparkle I agree with you. After the incident between DH and the Doctor, DH will embrace the "RICH" life faster. As @Ldy Gmerm has stated because of his humiliation, bad treatment from people because of his lowly orphan status, he will not hesitate to use the power of being the son of TMO's Chairman. BTW, I noticed his name is now Shin Do Hoon vs Park Do Hoon. DH's father  TH is such a good influence on DH. Too bad MS will be the one to influence him. Glad The Chairman made MS apologize to SJ, MA's Aunt, she must've have been p---ed!!

I just don't know what TJ 's up to. Is he trying to gain DH 's trust so he can destroy him later? I'm sure his mind is working overtime right now. He is very cautious not to offend his brother, the Chairman at this point. I'm sure the time will come when he has more power than the Chairman, he will change. Don't know why NG has his face covered in the preview when he's confronted by DH.i

1 person likes this

Posted

@Mailelei

It was a slap in the face to TJ that TH stepped over him and put his son in line as the next successor. He has given and sacrificed a lot for that company and is being over looked because of DH's return. Neither parent has any idea if DH can even do the job and just placed him where they think he should be. TJ knows he can't gain DH's trust so he's working on MS. Both MS and TJ are manipulators and they use TH as a weapon against each other. TJ knows MS's weakness and it's DH. He also knows DH's ambition to succeed no matter the cost. This is why he didn't put up a fuss when DH was given the directorship. TJ won't really have to lift a finger and and just watch MS ruin her own sons life and kill two birds with one stone. DH is on the fast track to prove himself and with his mother leading him he's bound to make many mistakes. When he does TJ will just move in and clean up the mess showing his brother who is most capable of running the company

2 people like this