0ly40

[Current Daily Drama 2016-2017] I'm Sorry Kang Nam Goo/아임 쏘리 강남구, Mon-Fri 8:30

988 posts in this topic

Posted

@Ldy Gmerm Thanks, will look for her in the preview for the next episode. Want to see how DJ responds to her and if he does fall in love or he just marries her for the sake of "status." If for status then we can see a loveless marriage and both if them doing their own thing. So this is where DJ will always keep tabs on MA's activities which includes her getting involved in another relationship.

@awsparkle Ah yes, I remember her! HR comes back later in "You are a Gift" to seek revenge on SJ. Actually liked her in the beginning of that drama. Her character in "I'm Sorry Kang Nam Gu" will probably be like the HR in revenge mode on "You are a Gift". Hopefully episode 9 is ready for me to watch raw. No subs until tomorrow AM.

3 people like this

Posted

Thank you @Ldy Gmerm and @awsparkle. I am glad I am not the only one who is trying to figure things out. I am sorely tempted to FF to get to the Nam Goo scenes, but I can't stand not being able to know all the details. :crazy:

4 people like this

Posted

@Ldy Gmerm, @Mailelei

Interesting development in the last ep. DH in his drunken state mistook NG's face for that of TJ's. Was that a foreshadow of what's to come and TJ's son is not dead. It would serve TJ right to find out his son is not dead and out there alive somewhere. The shoe would be on the other foot then of him wanting to know where his son is. TJ will get to feel the exact pain his brother experienced of knowing his son is out there but he can't put his hands on him. 

MA and NG seem to be drawn to each other and sees each other as intriguing. NG has already had his life ruined by the rich and MA's is coming. If it turns out that NG is TJ's son it would put NG in the same position that it did for DH. Even though they are related they are the opposite as are the brother's. DH is more like TJ and NG is more like TH. 

3 people like this

Posted

@awsparkle Just read your post re DH mistaking NG for TJ.  I also wanted to mention  the violent side of DH which MA states she never saw before. We also see this violence in the scene with NG. DH under the influence of alcohol, thinks NG isTJ ,and starts to choke him. It was very scary to see his violent temper, and I'm sure we will be seeing more of this "violence " as DH's greed for power; and living with a spoiled, rich wife kicks in.

What I don't understand is why MA is against DH working for his friend's small company. Don't you think it would be better for his morale at this time being he was just rejected by TMO, a major, important company? @Ldy Gmerm I know some of you questioned why DH was so adamant in working for TMO. Is it because like when you are ready to enter college, many students want to attend the "most prestigious " universities? In this case, TMO must be considered one of the "most prestigious " corporations in South Korea, that many college grads want to work for. I don't think we knew beforehand that TMO was considered a "Major" company.

As always, NG leaves a positive impression with his kindness and wanting to help people. Helping crying MA and making the little girl happy with his dance was sooo neat!!! I'm sure we all want NG and MA's relationship to happen soon!!

3 people like this

Posted

I've been taken by Park Sun Ho since he played the role of Forever Michinski in Golden Rainbow, even though the drama itself was a hot mess and just realized that he has a leading role (Kang Nam Goo) in this drama. However, the title of I'm Sorry Kang Nam Goo is putting me off on starting to watch because it makes me think that this is going to end in tragedy for his character KNG. Would someone mind filling me on the tone of this drama? Also, the description on the first page calls it a lethal but innocent love story. Not sure what to make of it, but it does make me wonder if KNG is going to die in this drama. I appreciate any feedback you may want to give me. Thanks. 

4 people like this

Posted

@stroppyse, this, so far, is interesting. I don't know where you get that vibe that Kang Nam Goo is going to die, though! He's the main guy, he can't die! There seems to be parallel stories that intersect. The story right now is basically that a corporate company's CEO is looking for his lost son who grew up as an orphan after an accident happened and he lost his memory. That guy is married. KNG is a smart guy, but can't get a decent job because he's an ex-con. KNG meets the orphan guy's wife.....and we continue from there!

6 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the response @auntyem. I kept getting the vibe that KNG could die from the title of I"m Sorry, Kang Nam Goo and that the short description for this drama which calls it a "lethal but innocent love story of a man who only pursued success for his family towards a woman who lost everything after finding her husband's rich parents". You can check on the top of the page for this descriptor of the drama. Anyway, lethal to me usually means that someone is going to die. And, since the drama is apologizing to KNG... Anyway, that's why I got that vibe. 

Back reading through the posts, it seems that there is quite a bit going on in this drama, but it is heavy on the drama, not so much on the light, funny, or heartwarming. Still, I'll give the first episodes a try and maybe come back with a comment post. Thanks again.  

4 people like this

Posted

7 hours ago, auntyem said:

@stroppyse, this, so far, is interesting. I don't know where you get that vibe that Kang Nam Goo is going to die, though! He's the main guy, he can't die! There seems to be parallel stories that intersect. The story right now is basically that a corporate company's CEO is looking for his lost son who grew up as an orphan after an accident happened and he lost his memory. That guy is married. KNG is a smart guy, but can't get a decent job because he's an ex-con. KNG meets the orphan guy's wife.....and we continue from there!

@auntyem  All I could think of is that after all is said and done and KNG has done everything to prove to MA he's worthy of her she will choose to go back to evil DH or maybe MA will do something later on in the drama that could cost KNG big time..

4 people like this

Posted

@sava2sava, that's an interesting theory. Let's see how this drama plays out!

@stroppyse, your theory makes sense! Using your powers of deduction, I see! So are you still on the fence?

2 people like this

Posted

The subs for the last episode show that the DNA test at the end prove DH is their son. They are shocked. Of course TJ was pushed up against a wall when he found out his sister in law had ordered her own DNA test after hearing he took the cup from the cafe. He ran home to get to his brother first so she could not make him look like the one was trying to keep their son from coming home. 

The preview shows DH's photo hitting the ground and TJ stepping on it as the voice over says he is my nephew I will go get him. (Come on why can't his parents go get him? TJ should be no were near their son.)  DH coming to the house after his fight with his face bruised and his mother asking if he is really her son. DH on his bike with MA screaming out how much he loves her. (Come on Really??? But yet he will quickly throw her away causing her to loose everything.) The Politicians daughter kissing NG I think.. (eww) She will be marrying DH and I hope she gives him heck!!

@sava2sava

Once DH walks away from MA in the cruelest way possible and may even take her son as well. I am pretty sure she will loose her job with that company as he and his family do not want reminders of his past life and his ex wife around or MA will quit to not see him with his New Wife. They say she looses everything. It will be because of DH that she does.. No way will she go back to DH at the end. DH said he loved her and yet he throws her away. DH told her they would have a marriage ceremony and yet he marries another. MA worked hard and many jobs to put him through school and yet DH will dump his anger and resentment on her I bet over the life he had. I can assure that once DH leaves and marries that girl and if they take her son from her or she loose him in some way MA will never get back with DH in the end. DH will pay for how he did MA of that I am sure.

Per @awsparkle the Chairman is going to pay to for doing MA wrong and allowing that divorce with his wife. I think for him he will end up stroking out and dying or going into a coma. MA saved his life and helped to possibly get their son back and she was done wrong. 

@awsparkle also mentions that the theme of the drama may change from I'm sorry Kang Nam Goo to I love you Kang Nam Goo. My guess is the sorry is going to be what happen about his past and how hard he tries to find work (or legit work) but has road blocks due to his past.. NG is very smart but due to going to jail he has a very had time finding work and is a con man.  The Love you part is when he finds that love that DH had with MA and threw away. He told DH he was jealous of that forever love DH said he had. (and yet DH was quick to walk away from that.. throwing it away.) We can already see that MA and NG are intrigued by one another. Once they do fall in love or NG falls for MA he will try to help and protect her all he can. I see her helping him with whatever business he thinks up and I want it to be successful.

I am hoping he turns out to be the son TJ thinks died because I think TJ is going to need a heavy dose of wake up for the way he did DH in the beginning. I think finding out his son is a live but hates rich people will be exactly what he needs. He partially helped to create a monster in DH. I say partially because DH is to blame for a lot of his turn around as well with his anger and resentment he held in. Then the additional treatment from TJ and then his mother coming in as well to fan the flames. DH will embrace being from a rich family really quick and that love he says he has for MA will be pushed aside to be rich and not be looked down on anymore. She will not fit into the image he feels he has. 

TJ's punishment is to possibly loose his brother but also to have his son show him how much disdain he has for rich people and to hear about his life and things he went through. Mostly to have NG give back exactly what TJ dishes out to him. It should be interesting to see a first meeting with these two with no knowledge of who they could be. 

I too wonder if the bar scene with DH imposing TJ's face on NG was just a drunken mirage for him or was this foreshadowing that NG is really TJ's son. Will MA again be the one to help TJ find his son? If so and NG turns out to be his son he thought died NG will not do MA the way DH did her. If he does turn out to also be a member of that family DH nor his mother will want him coming in to have a piece of the pie. I see a lot of road blocks as they want to have it all. 

DH's regrets will come later when he sees MA with a new man and its NG.. He will realize what he lost but its way too late for that. Not going to stop him from trying to dictate to her though. But I have a feeling NG will put him in his place which will make him mad. He will realize too late that he should have cherished that love he had but he let it go and now has to watch her with someone new the same pain she had to endure after he threw her away and she found out he was marrying again.

5 people like this

Posted

59 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I too wonder if the bar scene with DH imposing TJ's face on NG was just a drunken mirage for him or was this foreshadowing that NG is really TJ's son. Will MA again be the one to help TJ find his son? If so and NG turns out to be his son he thought died NG will not do MA the way DH did her. If he does turn out to also be a member of that family DH nor his mother will want him coming in to have a piece of the pie. I see a lot of road blocks as they want to have it all. 

@Ldy Gmerm  I'm also hoping that KNG turns out to be TJ child, But I don't see how MA could be with him this way if the two boys turns out to be first cousins.. I'm jusy trying to understand how this totle fits this drama and exactly who is sorry to KNG.. But I do see MA living in KNG house once her family realize they can't benefit from DH being rich especially halmoni.. 

3 people like this

Posted

@Ldy Gmerm @euraka, @sava2sava @stroppyse, @auntyem, @Mailelei, @shamrockmom

On the official SBS site for the drama there's a section called "planning the road". It gives you a basic idea what the drama will be about. Here's the google translation of what it says

Wounded life, so love ...
From 'I am Sorry Gangnam-gu' to 'I Love Gangnam-gu'!

How many happy people will be among the lotto winners?
There will be a person who is rather unhappy.
For them, Lotto was a blessing, a temptation of the devil.

Here is an orphaned couple who has trusted and loved each other for the rest of their lives.
It was a poor and tough life but happy.
Until suddenly the husband 's birth parents appeared one day.
It's not just parents, but the world knows it!
I thought it was a blessing, but who knew it would be a disaster.

In this drama, a woman who lost everything due to the betrayal of her husband who found the chaebol parents,
It is a story to be reborn as 'I Love Gangnam-gu' in 'I am Sorry Gangnam-gu'
Instead of gorgeous future, Gangnam-gu is struggling to protect love and family.
I was more intelligent than love, and information was stronger.
But I want to say that healing the one is finally love.

A new family tradition

Is family only the family?
no. There is also a family that is made up of 'ties'.
This drama also has various family forms. 
'It is not blood that really ties families together.
The respect and the joy of each other's lives' haetdeut said,
Through family conflicts and reconciliation, family affection is more precious than anything else in this era.

6 people like this

Posted

@awsparkle, wow....Thank You for this information!

3 people like this

Posted

@awsparkle, thanks so much for the info. I became curious reading your post since not all of it made sense, so I went to the page you indicated and read it. Here is my translation of that page. I think google translate is getting better since it picked up quite a lot of it. Anyway, I also put in a comment for clarification mid-blurb.

A life full of wounds, and because of that, love…

From “I’m Sorry Kang Nam Goo” to “I Love Kang Nam Goo”!

Among the people who win the Lotto, how many happy people might there be.

Rather, there will be people who will become miserable. 

To those people, the lotto may not be a great blessing, rather, perhaps it is a temptation from the devil.

Here is an orphan couple who have always lived depending on each other and loving each other. 

It is a poor and difficult life, but they are happy. 

At least, until one day, the birth parents of the husband suddenly appear. 

And, they are not just any parents, but a world famous chaebol family!

They thought it was a great blessing, but who would have thought that it would become a disaster.

This drama tells the story of a woman who loses everything due to the betrayal of her husband who finds his chaebol parents, who through Kang Nam Goo’s sincere love is able to slowly go from “I’m Sorry Kang Nam Goo” to “I Love Kang Nam Goo”.

Instead of a bright future, protecting his love and his family are more important to Kang Nam Goo. 

Justice is stronger than love, but Han* is stronger than justice is what is said.

However, to resolve the Han*, love is ultimately also needed is what should also be said. 

(*Han is a Korean concept of a deep, abiding personal grief and grudge against anyone that the person feels has wronged him/her whether that is an actual person, the world, or fate. They say that if a person dies without resolving his/her Han, the deceased won't be able to go peacefully into the afterlife, but will remain as a ghost on earth. This is the short version of the explanation for Han. I understand that there are books written on the topic of Han, but hopefully, this is enough of an explanation for this drama blurb.)

New Family Traditions

Are blood ties the only family?

No. There are family members who become tied together by “fate”.

With ’Family are not really tied together by blood.

Living their lives together with respect and joy is’ as the meaning,

this is the story of entangled families who through fighting and reconciliation show that in this era of short-term values, family is the most precious thing of all.

@auntyem, I'm not on the fence any more. I just need to catch up, though, I may fast forward through quite a few scenes once I watch enough to know who the major players are. I think the early episodes are going to be set up for DH's ultimate betrayal of MA. And, reading @Ldy Gmerm's post, it looks as is DH is going to be reunited with his parents next week which will make the next week or two the tough ones to watch as MA loses everything. Also, I think that MA and NG have not interacted very much yet, and don't even know each other's names as yet. So, at least the horribleness of MA's betrayal may show NG stepping up to be supportive of MA. I hope that MA doesn't take out her anger and grief on NG as the person next to her, however, when she's really mad at DH. 

Btw, I'm so glad that I read the info that @awsparkle provided, because I was starting to wonder if it meant that MA will die at the end, after apologizing to KNG for not being able to love him. However, the drama info reassures me that it's a family drama which probably means everyone will be forgiven in the end whether they deserve it or not, plus with the strong themes of love indicated, hopefully that means that KNG will be happy and blissfully in love by the end of the drama.

5 people like this

Posted

@stroppyse, Yay! Yet another forum I get to hang with you in! Lol. Nice to have these forums, to toss around our thoughts......can't even talk to my family about the dramas, I only get eyerolls! Or else if they DO listen, I just get patronizing nods of the heads. Heehee

6 people like this

Posted

On 12/28/2016 at 11:10 PM, awsparkle said:

@Mailelei

The girl that DH will marry is the one who played Hyo Rim SJ's girlfriend in You Are A Gift,  The part she's playing in this one is a rich girl and probably a spoiled brat. Her character description says she's a woman with a deep wound, strong pride and cold elegance. 

Hopefully, she will be interesting, then.

3 people like this

Posted

@Ldy Gmerm You hit the "high lights " when DH is finally revealed to be TMO's owners son in episode 10. What an episode! I was shocked at the end of the episode when the DNA report showed a match identifying DH as MS/Chairman's son. Then I remember the scene where the Doc reported to TJ that MS was doing another DNA test at another hospital. Like you, I realized that TJ had no choice because MS had threatened him that he could lose everything if she proved "first" that DH is truly her and the Chairman's son!

@awsparkle @stroppyse Thank you for your detailed translation information of the drama going forward. Quite an "awesome " description of this drama. It gave me "goose bumps " when I read the meaning of "HAN".  The reason for the goosebumps: At my mother's 10th year anniversary after passing, the Buddhist priest that officiated at her service included the Han* and its definition. In this case it was referring to "hate". The hate that we aren't able to let go. That we must learn to FORGIVE, to get rid of that hate so we can die in "peace", and go peacefully into the next life. It was such a memorable service for my mother.

The reason I was drawn to this drama was actually because of DH's character. I wanted to know why he abandons MA, the person who loved him the most, who sacrifices so much for his happiness and is so devoted to him. Now after watching several episodes, we know  it's because of all the @Ldy Gmerm angry, resentment, hate, includes the personaL grudges that DH holds in his heart. I think this is where the Han* comes in. We will come to dislike DH for what he will become but in the end, I truly hope for his sake that he will be able to "resolve his Han*.

3 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, Mailelei said:

@Ldy Gmerm You hit the "high lights " when DH is finally revealed to be TMO's owners son in episode 10. What an episode! I was shocked at the end of the episode when the DNA report showed a match identifying DH as MS/Chairman's son. Then I remember the scene where the Doc reported to TJ that MS was doing another DNA test at another hospital. Like you, I realized that TJ had no choice because MS had threatened him that he could lose everything if she proved "first" that DH is truly her and the Chairman's son!

@awsparkle @stroppyse Thank you for your detailed translation information of the drama going forward. Quite an "awesome " description of this drama. It gave me "goose bumps " when I read the meaning of "HAN".  The reason for the goosebumps: At my mother's 10th year anniversary after passing, the Buddhist priest that officiated at her service included the Han* and its definition. In this case it was referring to "hate". The hate that we aren't able to let go. That we must learn to FORGIVE, to get rid of that hate so we can die in "peace", and go peacefully into the next life. It was such a memorable service for my mother.

The reason I was drawn to this drama was actually because of DH's character. I wanted to know why he abandons MA, the person who loved him the most, who sacrifices so much for his happiness and is so devoted to him. Now after watching several episodes, we know  it's because of all the @Ldy Gmerm angry, resentment, hate, includes the personaL grudges that DH holds in his heart. I think this is where the Han* comes in. We will come to dislike DH for what he will become but in the end, I truly hope for his sake that he will be able to "resolve his Han*.

A hatred that one can't let go of is also a pretty good proximate definition of Han, though it's not as simple a concept as pure hate. There is definitely a component of feeling some personal injustice as well as the hatred. And, yes, one must learn to forgive or to accept or whatever is required to let go of the Han in order to be able to die in peace and enter the next life. My sympathies on the passing of your mother. Though it was 10 years ago, the feelings of wanting to see a loved one who has already passed on lingers. The memorial service for your mother sounds as if it was a good service to commemorate your mother's passing.

As for the drama, I've just started watching it, and I already love KNG and want him to be happy. DH seems to be such an angry character already, even with the steadfast love and support of MA. I hope that MA is able to remain a strong and resilient character even though she is already being presented as a good woman who always tries to take care of others more. I just don't want to see her character becoming one which becomes a carpet for everyone who just wants to take advantage of her for their own reasons. I know that she'll face the ultimate betrayal from DH, but hopefully, she'll learn from that, and at least, have her guard up with everyone rather than just with KNG, if that makes any sense. Now, I just have to figure out where to consistently watch the drama without issues. :)

4 people like this

Posted

@tulip06 Yes, I remember her as SJ's first love. Glad to see her back in this drama. Seems her deep wound could be from her divorce and also she mentioned that her father is like a "mobster " and has done bad things? I can see why she said that being that her father's a Politician. The impression that we get of politicians from Kdramas is that majority of them are dishonest? Will be interesting to see how DH, YH, NG and MA lives are intertwined. I'm sure her role will get a lot of reactions from all of us. Look forward to Young Hwa, the future wife of DH. We can already see the rich, spoiled kid in her and how she's used to getting her own way. It seems that she feels a lot of resentment against her father. YH although from a rich family, probably did not receive any love from her father. He was always away because of his position, leaving his  wife to tend to his daughter's needs. Yes, he provided her with the material things in life but forgot the most important thing called LOVE! 

3 people like this

Posted

@stroppyse Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, it was a good memorial service for my mother and I am so glad that you mentioned the Han* because it brought back fond memories of this memorable event! Because the Han* was mentioned at the end on her service, it's still a vivid picture in my mind.

Yes, looks like we all love KNG for his loving nature and kindness. He's the one that brings the lighter side of the drama and makes us smile. Love his interaction with his sister NH. They have such a special relationship. KNG deserves happiness and hope it will be with MA. He will probably be the one to help MA through her healing process after the devastating abandonment from DH, and the possibility of losing her job at TMO. May she be strong during this time when the whole world seems to be against her! 

5 people like this