Go Seung Ji

[Current Drama 2017] Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People 역적: 백성을 훔친 도적 - Mondays and Tuesdays @ 22:00 KST

288 posts in this topic

Posted

the first teaser (?)

4 people like this

Posted

On 12/15/2016 at 1:56 AM, wilis2451 said:

they will make 30 episodes for this drama 

i read on naver... 

Thanks @wilis2451  The original wasn't 30 episodes. So it will be a Saguek,

1 person likes this

Posted

Hong Gil Dong's wig *second-hand embarrassment*

1 person likes this

Posted

Kim Ji Suk, Yoon Kyun Sang, Chae Soo Bin, Honey Lee, And More Gather For First Script Reading Of New Drama

Rebel-Thief-Who-Stole-the-People.jpg

The leading actors of MBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People” (working title) recently gathered for the drama’s first script reading.

The script reading was held at MBC Broadcasting Station in Sangam on December 30 last year. Photos of Kim Sang Joong, Kim Ji Suk, Yoon Kyun Sang, Honey Lee, and Chae Soo Bin at the script reading have been released.

The drama revolves around the life of the historical figure Hong Gil Dong from the period of King Yeonsan’s rule. It is not to be confused with the fictitious character of the novel The Tale of Hong Gil Dong, although the novel was based on the actual person’s life story.

King Yeonsan (played by Kim Ji Suk) may have been born with a golden spoon in his mouth, but he could not win his people’s hearts. On the other hand, Hong Gil Dong (Yoon Kyun Sang) was born with a wooden spoon, but managed to gain the people’s trust. Their story is a stark contrast that explores the virtues needed to win over the populace.

The script reading proceeded in an amicable atmosphere as the actors asked after each other, and behind-the-scenes stories were told. Director Kim Jin Man talked about how Yoon Kyun Sang and Chae Soo Bin (who plays Song Ga Ryeong) had battled the cold when filming in the mountains the day before. He also said that Ah Mo Gae (Kim Sang Joong) has a very significant role in the first half of the drama, so he and the child actors had filmed until they almost collapsed.

The drama carries a heavy message that it aims to deliver in a superb manner. There is first the parallel between the happy and carefree Hong Gil Dong who travels around with his possessions on his back, and his father, Ah Mo Gae, who is determined not to pass his slave status down to his son. Next, there is the antagonist King Yeonsan, a cruel and ruthless tyrant. There is also Jang Nok Su (Honey Lee), the king’s consort whose beauty could launch a thousand ships, as well as the aforementioned Song Ga Ryeong, a bubbly and cheerful girl.

The director also took the opportunity to praise the actors for moulding to their roles well. In encouragement, he said, “Let’s keep up with the drama’s title, and steal the viewers’ hearts like Hong Gil Dong stole the people’s hearts.”

Writer Hwang Jin Young also said, “I have full faith [in this]. With all these brilliant actors and staff, it’s like we have amassed an army. I promise to produce a script that will capture all your efforts.”

Looks like another addition to this year’s must-watch list!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/05/kim-sang-joong-kim-ji-suk-yoon-kyun-sang-gather-first-script-reading-new-drama/

10 people like this

Posted

TEASER 1

6 people like this

Posted

What a great beginning of the day: I woke up and the teaser is out! And it looks quite promising too! :)

Can't wait for January 30th! Hopefully we will have a great time with this drama and a great time discussing it here! 

5 people like this

Posted

This drama will get good rating, when something new come, it make a lot buzz and appeared in top search.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

stealer_photo170106170313imbcdrama10.jpg

stealer_photo170106160850imbcdrama14.jpg

stealer_photo170106160839imbcdrama10.jpg

Spoiler

stealer_photo170106160859imbcdrama10.jpg

Spoiler

stealer_photo170106160859imbcdrama11.jpg

Spoiler

stealer_photo170106160850imbcdrama10.jpg

stealer_photo170106160850imbcdrama11.jpg

stealer_photo170106160850imbcdrama12.jpg

SOURCE : imbc

Edited by MadraRua
Please only 3 images per post
5 people like this

Posted

Yoon Kyun-sang’s sorrowful tears in Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People teaser

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/yoon-kyun-sangs-sorrowful-tears-in-rebel-thief-who-stole-the-people-teaser/

rthgd.jpg

The first teaser for MBC’s anticipated sageuk Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People, starring Yoon Kyun-sang (Doctors), has been released. Written by Hwang Jin-young (King’s Daughter Soo Baek-hyang) and directed by Kim Jin-man (Kill Me, Heal Me), this upcoming drama retells the legend of the righteous thief Hong Gil-dong as a hero who fought against injustices and helped the people rise above oppression.

During the bloodiest time of the Joseon dynasty, a boy named Hong Gil-dong is born the illegitimate son of a slave. A slight twist on the original tale, the father, played by Kim Sang-joong (Jingbirok, Bad Guys), is shown as the slave instead of the mother. Not wanting to confer his lowly status onto his son, he does everything he can to elevate his social class.

Spoiler

The thirty-second teaser gives us a glimpse of Hong Gil-dong’s difficult childhood and his father who warns him of the unfair discrimination against baseborn people. Then in a short scene, the father holds the crying boy down while wielding a wooden bat, as if to strike him, while he says “never tell anyone this secret.” (Do they exchange identities for ones of noble birth?)

Despite Hong Gil-dong’s humble origins, or perhaps because of them, he becomes a champion of the people. The despotic tyrant-king Yeonsangun, played by Kim Ji-suk (Oh Hae-young Again), is featured in the teaser with a crazed glint in his eye as he laughs. A short clip is shown of Honey Lee (Come Back Ajusshi), dancing in an outside courtyard; she plays the femme fatale and Hong Gil-dong’s first love who goes from being a gisaeng to the king’s concubine. In addition, Chae Soo-bin (Moonlight Drawn By Clouds), who plays the petite but courageous widow who becomes the hero’s final love, stands and smiles in the sunlight for the teaser. In the last voiceover, someone asks Hong Gil-dong if they’re done now, but he replies: “No, this is only the beginning.”

The first episode of MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People airs on January 30.

rthgd1.jpg

rthgd2.jpg

rthgd3.jpg

rthgd4.jpg

rthgd5.jpg

rthgd6.jpg

rthgd7.jpg

rthgd9.jpg

rthgd10.jpg

rthgd8.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

2nd teaser :wub: ; i cant wait for this drama

2 people like this

Posted

TEASER 2

4 people like this

Posted

Does anybody know where I can watch this drama legally with English subtitles when I live in Europe? I know that dramafever has a license, but dramafever isn't available in my country. I usually use viki. But viki doesn't have a license and doesn't advertise the drama properly. And the channel is still under the old title of the drama which makes it difficult to send a request for the drama license.

1 person likes this

Posted

5 hours ago, Liina_3 said:

Does anybody know where I can watch this drama legally with English subtitles when I live in Europe? I know that dramafever has a license, but dramafever isn't available in my country. I usually use viki. But viki doesn't have a license and doesn't advertise the drama properly. And the channel is still under the old title of the drama which makes it difficult to send a request for the drama license.

I think sending a request to viki is the best option, using the title of the drama plus the title in Korean. I'm crossing my fingers because I prefer their subs over dramafever's and viu's

2 people like this

Posted

@joojanah Thank you for answering my question! :) - Using the Korean Title for the request is a good idea! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Poster Relased: Yoon Kyun sang

Media preview

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

More posters released

Spoiler

Media preview

Media previewMedia previewMedia preview

Spoiler

Media preview