0ly40

[Current Daily Drama 2016-2017] The Shining Eun Soo aka Still Loving You 빛나라 은수, Mon-Fri 20:25

1,293 posts in this topic

Posted

3 hours ago, autumnbreeze said:

I know I sound like a broken record but I hope this is karma coming to bite Bit Na!! She has to at least suffer before all is forgiven otherwise there is no justice. 

I agree. Her massive lie is the elephant in the room (sorry to elephants) and mystery be cleared.

2 hours ago, euraka said:

wow I didn't expect BN friend will blackmail her it serve her right

Which friend is this?

5 people like this

Posted

On 3/25/2017 at 11:47 PM, chocolatepie said:

Hi jackie1048, you brought back a jar of the traditional deonjang?  Does the smell of the traditional deonjang stronger than those from the plastic buckets?  Usually kids are not into deonjang kind of dishes due to the strong smell, but your kids really like it?  

I'm not jackie1048 but I can tell you that traditional bean paste does not smell any more than the commercial ones.  But, depending on who makes it, it can definitely taste better.  It's like with kimchi.  Some people make it at home, but it doesn't taste any better than the commercial ones.  Sometimes, it even tastes worse.  I've been so spoiled by my mom's kimchi that our whole family has difficulty eating commercial kimchi.  And it's not just our family.  People have requested my mom's kimchi a lot.  Traditional bean paste can also be really good.  I knew some older people who made really good bean paste.  It's a long process so they don't have much to give out, but when they do, we hoard it.

Frankly, I don't want Dr. Kim to get together with Eunsoo's mom.  Why?  Well, because they're boring, their angst is dragging out too long, and I'm tired of them as a couple or non-couple.  Besides that though, I just don't think that Dr. Kim is a good person.  Did he really not know what Cranky Granny and his own daughter were like?  Of course he knew.  He knows that Cranky Granny is a miserable boss to work for and he covers for them from time to time with Cranky Granny.  But he doesn't set her straight.  Of course, he doesn't really have any right to set her straight.  He also must know what his daughter is like since he was so willing to be suspicious of her.  But, he's never done anything about that either.  In fact, his MO is to put her off on someone else.  First it was Cranky Granny.  Then it was Smiling Idiot.  And then even Papa Yoon.  Always someone else to be responsible for her.  He's what Smiling Idiot will be in 20 years.  A person who knows enough of what's going on that he should look into it, but unwilling to do anything that will rock his comfortable boat.  So what if he has some money?  He should actually give all his money to Eunsoo's family for compensation for raising such a worthless daughter and for being a worthless father.

Because that's the other thing about him.  He's too old for me to expect him to be a father to his step-children, but for Eunsoo's mom, if she's going to remarry, she needs to marry someone who is trustworthy and reliable. Someone dependable that she can lean on.  However, Dr. Kim failed as a father.  He was so absent that Beechna felt that she couldn't go to him to tell him that she didn't want to play piano.  Cranky Granny lives in her own world so of course she won't acknowledge that her little princess may not enjoy the piano.  But as her father, Dr. Kim should have seen that Beechna didn't want to become a pianist.  And, even if he didn't see it, he should have been available or approachable so that Beechna could go to him for support.  Instead, he left a child to become another victim of Cranky Granny.  In fact, given his past behavior, it actually would not surprise me at all if he chooses to meet Eunsoo's mom's ultimatum and decide to "discard" Beechna in order to choose Eunsoo's mom.  Because the reality is that while Eunsoo's mom may have lived for 20-some years or so looking only at her children, Dr. Kim did not.  He never looked at or saw Beechna.  Like Smiling Idiot, he's just a robot going through the motions so what does he care about ditching his family to be with a new one?

10 people like this

Posted

@jechoi1, I agree with you, that the Dr. didn't even "see" BN.  That's why I say he's clueless, seriously clueless.  It's like he was living a soul-less life, just going through the motions, living in his own world.  Which is really sad.  The writer has created the Dr. And Soo Hyun as such clueless characters...but at least the Dr. fell in love,which is more than I can say for Soo Hyun! In fact, I don't understand why Soo Hyun has suddenly started to make an effort to woo BN.  Does he suddenly care for her?  That story arc escapes me, did that lie detector game suddenly make him fall for her????????

8 people like this

Posted

3 hours ago, chocolatepie said:

Bit Na friend is called Je Eun right? I think she tried to borrow money from the other friend(classmate) at the restaurant but was rejected.  Let's see how long can she/grandma use money to cover the past. When the friend can get the money once, she will come again and again and again ..hehehe....  

@chocolatepie It's serves beechna and Bad Halmoni right let the friend keep coming back this is what they both deserves ..

TBH I'm not finding this drama all that great.

5 people like this

Posted

It looks like Yoonga Foods has gone public. Corporate Jerk was praising Rich Brat and her efforts to get their company listed and told the staff in his office to work harder since a surge in business is expected.

Did Corporate Jerk tell ES to cover Rich Brat's evening household duties in the kitchen?:blink: Soo Ho voiced his disapproval and told his mom about this.

Rich Brat's former classmate had wanted to borrow money from her but when she met ES again at the Yoon's and heard from Soo Ho she is his wife, the former classmate decided to try to hit the jackpot by threatening to expose Rich Brat's past relationship with ES.

Dr. Kim has been trying to avoid a confrontation with his MIL. The kkangpae (Korean: 깡패) Gangster Granny told him to sit down and refused to listen to him when he said he's tired.

The Kkangpae Granny asked him if he really has intentions of remarrying. He kept quiet. Then Gangster Granny asked him why didn't he answer her question and continued to ask him "Are you out of your mind (Are you crazy)? Are you really BN's dad?" and reminded Dr. Kim why Rich Brat has to stop playing the piano and run away to the US.

Cranny Granny told her SiL he has gone crazy over some woman and is taking her side instead of his family's. Dr. Kim told her to stop but she refused, agitating him in the process. He retorted by saying Rich Brat was sent abroad because Cranny Granny had gone to the school and created a scene by shoving ES. His words made his MIL very mad and unhappy who in turn accused him of believing ES's story and taking her side. She then went on to talk about Rich Brat's hand.

Dr. Kim raised his voice when he found out Cranny Granny had visited and spoken to YM. She was gobsmacked Dr. Kim would talk back to her and lamented how pitiful her dead daughter and Rich Brat are. Cranny Granny was so shocked by his reactions she fell ill and was not at breakfast the next morning.

The webtoon artist takes SM out to dine at an expensive restaurant and intends to "break off" with her.

I think the Chairman is going to ask ES and Rich Brat if ES was Rich Brat's teacher.

@tulip06

It's the tall, lanky girl who went clubbing with Rich Brat.

10 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

In fact, given his past behavior, it actually would not surprise me at all if he chooses to meet Eunsoo's mom's ultimatum and decide to "discard" Beechna in order to choose Eunsoo's mom.  Because the reality is that while Eunsoo's mom may have lived for 20-some years or so looking only at her children, Dr. Kim did not.  He never looked at or saw Beechna.  Like Smiling Idiot, he's just a robot going through the motions so what does he care about ditching his family to be with a new one?

Oh, did ES's mother tell him to discard BN today?  Still no subs and I'm waiting for those.

3 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

Oh, did ES's mother tell him to discard BN today?  Still no subs and I'm waiting for those.

No, not today.  But that was something she asked him if he could do when she first broke up with him.

5 people like this

Posted

Episode 80

Credit: KBS World TV

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@jechoi1 @auntyem  I think that the story of Rich Brat and her father is a little more complicated than him not "seeing" his daughter.  Clearly, like many ambitious American careerists, he concentrated on his work   On the other hand, I don't think that the problem was so much that he didn't "see" his daughter, but rather he averted his gaze from both his daughter's and his mother in law's misbehavior because acknowledging it would have required him to do something about it.  He certainly was present on several occasions when Halmoni and his daughter abused people.  It was only after Halmoni went viral on the Internet that he finally took action -- and the fact that he sent Rich Brat to America rather than transferring her to another school, I think, showed some suspicion on his part that Rich Brat was not entirely blameless.

Regardless, each tub must stand on its own bottom.  Rich Brat and Eun Soo are adults and it is on them to sort out their past.

Any man in Dr. Kim's situation would be perfectly justified in saying that he and Eun Soo's mother have their own lives to lead their daughters' problems have no bearing on their relationship.

6 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

.  It's like with kimchi.  Some people make it at home, but it doesn't taste any better than the commercial ones.  Sometimes, it even tastes worse.  I've been so spoiled by my mom's kimchi that our whole family has difficulty eating commercial kimchi.  And it's not just our family.  People have requested my mom's kimchi a lot.

I've never eaten commercial kimchi because all of the commercial kimchi in local stores is manufactured in China and my wife refuses to buy it on principle.  No need, since we are kept well supplied by my wife's relatives in Korea.  Every traveler to Korea in our family takes and returns with a "kimchi suitcase" and the proceeds are deposited in our "kimchi refrigerator."  I have yet to encounter any kimchi that I didn't like, but each of our kimchi preparing relatives has her own noticeable style.

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post as needed.
3 people like this

Posted

Any man in Dr. Kim's situation would be perfectly justified in saying that he and Eun Soo's mother have their own lives to lead their daughters' problems have no bearing on their relationship.

@jimb, maybe in the U.S. This would be true, but not in Korea.  Parents are held accountable for their children's actions, it's all about how they were raised.  So, I understand where ES' mom is coming from, totally.  This is why I'm interested in seeing how this is going to be resolved.  What you are saying is that the Dr did see BN, but chose to ignore her and his MIL's behavior, until it escalated to the point where it affected him, because the video became public.  But that's part of not "seeing" her.  Choosing to ignore her behavior is exactly what I meant.  Like he kinda knew, but pretended not to know....and tried to wipe it out by sending them to the U.S.  

6 people like this

Posted

@jimbI'm not sure how you would define not "seeing" someone.  Yes, he concentrated on his career, but in doing so, he didn't see his daughter.  To him, she was just someone that he provided for financially and stepped in to assert a minimal amount of token authority when he thought it needed it.  He certainly averted his gaze many times to her bad behavior, but he also chose not to look for anything either--either good or bad.  To him, she could be anyone.  In fact, if it weren't for Cranky Granny, I imagine that Dr. Kim would have sent Beechna to a boarding school abroad.

Also, the reason he ordered her to go abroad when Cranky Granny went viral is because the bad publicity would have followed her to her new school in Korea.  Beechna and Cranky Granny specifically argued for a transfer to a different Korean school and he refused for that reason, which I don't think was an empty argument.  It was viral, Beechna's face or name was made public, and the notoriety would have followed her.  Of course, the drama is also ignoring the fact that it would have followed Beechna to whatever US school she attended.  From my experience, international students in the U.S. tend to stick together and they still remain involved and interested in Korean culture, social media postings, etc.  Beechna was transferred so quickly, which means she probably went to whichever school her Korean high school had connections with.  Of course, Korean dramas never bother with the details.  It's like there are no testing requirements in the U.S.  One day you're in Korea and the next you're in a prestigious school in the U.S.

6 people like this

Posted

Just loved the show of concern Soo Ho had for Eun Soo. I think he will be really mad if he learned what happened in the past. So proud when he introduced Eun Soo as his wife. My goodness what sort of friends does Bit Na have ... as if money did not get her some good ones.

6 people like this

Posted

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 84

Eun Soo encounters Rich Brat in the hallway between their two bedrooms. They face off. Eun Soo throws down, calling her sister in law by her given name rather than her honorific. Eun Soo starts to tell Rich Brat about her conversation with her father. Remembering that her father asked her not to tell Rich Brat, Eun Soo simply tells her that Mother Yoon has summoned her for KP duty.

Eun Soo enters her bedroom. Rich Brat, standing in the hallway, is like, WTF?

Eun Soo sits on her bed. She reflects on the two times she saw her mother with Rich Brat's father, and how happy she seemed.

Rich Brat's father returns home. Halmoni tells him that she has been waiting to have dinner with him. He tells her that he has no appetite. She tries, without success, to guilt trip him into having a meal with her.

In his bedroom, Rich Brat's father recalls his daughter's unhappy response to her questions about the incident with Eun Soo.

Eun Soo's mother drags herself home. As she enters, she notices the pink tennis shoes Rich Brat's father gave her. She picks them up and regards them before tossing them into a trash can.

Morning.

Eun Soo's mother and brother are leaving their house. He tells her that he will cstudy in the Aunt's cafe that afternoon and then go home with her. She wonders what's up with him.

In Eun Soo's office, Corporate Jerk and Rich Brat have just announced that Yoonga Foods has "gone public." Everyone is happy but Eun Soo, who knows that Father Yoon would never have approved this action.

Corporate Jerk assigns Eun Soo to work on the commercialization of the low sodium dish with her husband.

Two of Eun Soo's former students are having lunch in the Yoon Family Restaurant. One looks like the obese student, minus considerable weight and with a more attractive pair of glasses. /the Formerly Obese Student tells her companion that Rich Brat's in-laws own the place. When her companion hits her up for a loan, the Formerly Obese Student finds a sudden need to be elsewhere.

As the two former students pay Father Yoon for their meal, Eun Soo enters the restaurant. The three women have a brief and uncomfortable conversation. The two former students Get Going.

Father Yoon asks Eun Soo who the two women are. Eun Soo tells him that they are former students.

Rich Brat, at her desk, talks on her cell phone with the Formerly Obese Student. She tells Rich Brat about how her luncheon companion hit her up for a loan. She tells Rich Brat not to answer the woman's calls. Rich Brat is not concerned until the Formerly Obese Student tells her that she ran into Eun Soo. Suddenly, Rich Brat is "busy" and rings off.

Club Jerk walks his wife to the bus stop. She is preoccupied, reflecting on her encounter with her two former students. She dodges his questions about her bad mood.

Mother Yoon enters the dry cleaning shop and greets Eun Soo's mother. Mother Yoon complains that Rich Brat is useless around the house and that Eun Soo patronizes her. Then Mother Yoon starts in about how Rich Brat's father must be defective since his daughter is so insufferable.

The Former Department Store Supervisor sits forlornly in the Aunt's cafe with two cold cups of coffee in front of him. He apparently has thought better about taking one of the cups to Eun Soo's mother. The Aunt gives him a free cookie.

The Aunt walks into the hallway and encounters Mother Yoon and Eun Soo's mother. She considers whether she should spill about Eun Soo's mother's encounter with Halmoni. Mother Yoon leaves and Eun Soo's mother thanks the Aunt for keeping her secret. In return, the Aunt wants to know if she and Rich Brat's father are still an item. Eun Soo's mother says no. The Aunt wonders if she should move on the vulnerable Former Department Store Supervisor, or hold out for a possible Big Payout from Rich Brat's father.

At her desk, Sister Yoon plays "he loves me, He loves me not" with a rose. Then she tells her assistant that she is leaving early.

Sister Yoon is lurking outside Eun Soo's house when the Twins return from school. The female twin eyes Sister Yoon with evident distrust and hostility.

Sister Yoon follows the Twins into their apartment. She eyes the apparent chaos with distaste.

Just as Eun Soo is ready to leave for the day, Rich Brat asks to see her. Rich Brat is angered to learn that Eun Soo identified the two lunching women to Father Yoon as her former students. They bicker. Eun Soo tells Rich Brat that her "friends" are her own cross to bear before storming out.

As if on cue, Rich Brat receives a call from the Needy Former Student. She lets it ring. Then she receives a text proposing a meet-up. Rich Brat is sure that she can't Afford a meet-up.

Sister Yoon has done the laundry and is doing the dishes. The Upstairs Tenant returns home and overhears his daughter's complaints about Sister Yoon's attempt at doing the laundry.

The Upstairs Tenant takes Sister Yoon into his bedroom for a Talk. He orders her to leave and to never come back. As she departs, she beats him about the head and shoulders with her purse.

Eun Soo's Formerly Clueless Office Mate arrives at the Aunt's cafe. She encounters Eun Soo's brother, as was her plan all along.

Night.

Rich Brat's father enters the living room where Halmoni is laying in wait. She "invites" him to sit. It's an offer he'd rather refuse. Then she commands him to sit. She starts to berate him and he reminds her of her episodes as an Internet Video Star. She lets slip that she verbally abused Eun Soo's mother. Disgusted, he goes to his bedroom. Her anguished Aigoos echo through his closed bedroom door. His head aches.

Eun Soo approaches her mother's shop and, through the window, sees her working.

Later, Eun Soo calls her mother and they have a Talk. Her mother lies, saying that her breakup with Rich Brat's father had nothing to do with Eun Soo. Eun Soo hangs up before starting to cry.

Eun Soo's mother arrives home and finds the discarded pink tennis shoes sitting by the door. Her mother in law has fished them out of the trash.

Morning.

Club Jerk beholds his sleeping wife. When she awakens, he tells her that she has no excuses: everyone has left the house so breakfast is a moot issue. They Need To Talk. The doorbell is ringing and they leave the bedroom to answer it.

The Needy Former Student has arrived to put the arm on Rich Brat. When she sees Eun Soo she at first is shocked. Then she begins to consider the possibilities.

2 people like this