0ly40

[KBS Daily Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watching.

2,668 posts in this topic

Posted

The mistress better not mess with DY or else she will get burnt badly. She always thinks she is very smart and that DY dad will always side her. Wait till the old man is forced to choose between her & his position in the Co.  He will dup her without batting the eyes.

So mother & daughter will have JW & DY to deal with when truths came out. Let's hope DY & JW will join hands and get these two evil witches.

I wonder if MH will weaken when she meets JW. Will he be her main weakness & downfall?

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

3 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I wonder if MH will weaken when she meets JW. Will he be her main weakness & downfall?

 

 

If I had liked MH better as a character, then I would have been hoping that JW actually helps her discover herself so that she can stand up to her mother. Then perhaps she and her daughter could be a family with JW. However, I really don't like MH so, I hope she gets dumped big time along with her mother in to prison. I don't know that MH has done anything that she could go to jail for, but I think having to fend for herself while her mother goes to jail for her crimes is probably good enough since MH seems pretty useless without her mother.

I think MH's mother, however, has committed a number of crimes, including fabricating evidence against JW, not to mention the implied stock manipulation and fraud, so off to jail for her, I hope. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Hello to friends of this thread. I normally do not watch dailies but decided to check out First Love Again since I do like the actor and actress playing first leads in this drama. Thank you for the interesting comments and analyses, stills and videos/previews. I have watched until episode 8 so far and am still interested enough to want to continue with it. I am curious as to what had happened to HJ during these past 8 years but I guess we will not have the answers so quickly or all at once. I do hope HJ and DY's child is still alive. DY is a one-woman man, despite their traumatic and abrupt break-up and his anger and hatred toward HJ for leaving him and aborting their child, his love for her is deep and genuine, so his torture/revenge of her will bring more pain to him than to her. If HJ does not remember him, he is going to be more hurt  - he will be so angry that he is the only one suffering while she is happily getting on with her life. In any case, I am rooting for this OTP as they were so loving and good to each other before the plot to drive them apart.

Looking forward to reading more of your interesting comments. Cheers!

 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Episode 5

Credit: KBS World TV

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Preview for dec-12

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Choi Jung Woo   12da9207-43d4-432f-a416-79faa682dfff_zps

Lee Ha Jin d6b1e485-43f0-4e58-9797-a21377a42177_zps     

 

They finally meet and it isn't love at first sight. He even riped up her menus that she gave him after make me think he is a very good pretender / Nice Guy. Madam Seo and Choi Jung Woo are very good friends , she was the one who told him about his father being framed for embezzlement. Question chingu... Is Cha Do Yoon  right hand man Department Head Nam?  or Baek Min Hee... At first I thought he was the one reporting to MH but it was the female secretary who was reporting to her. Am I right or wrong, I am hoping  Department Head Nam is his person because Cha Do Yoon needs to have people he can only trust, His brother is completely stupid and very pathetic.

I find the father even dumber for trying to put promote his TY in a post where  he has no knowledge of and if he screw up, Cha Tae  Yoon would be the scapegoat. TY is so dumb he forgot this part of the conversation he had with his brother and did not relay the message back to mommy dearest.. TY is just like his mother very stupid and don't understand where she and her son stands in the business world. Still trying to climb the corporate ladder with no experience and lack alot of class. 

 

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I caved in and started this daily.. -____-  

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

32 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

I caved in and started this daily.. -____-  

Welcom to this thread @thunderman1... It's really good and I am so Loving this drama. I don't think this will be a flop. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

So, after watching episode 10, HJ has amnesia after all. So, she was in an as yet unspecified accident 8 years ago which caused her to lose all of her memories after high school. That explains why she knows her mother and sister, but doesn't recognize MH, DY, and others. Also, she called herself an ajumma, so she knows that she was married at some point, though DY mentions when he accused her of the events of 8 years ago that HJ was divorced within 4 months, and that may have come news to her. 

So, there are now more questions raised.

1. Who is HJ's ex-husband? And, what role did he play in all of this. Since the preview says that DY's sources have found him, I hope DY will get to meet him and get some answers from him.

2. Where is DY and HJ's child? In the preview, it seems as if a doctor is telling MH about HJ's amnesia after the shock of delivering the child. So, the child is alive somewhere, right? Was the accident unrelated to the incidents with MH after all since the baby was too early at the time HJ left for the baby to be delivered as yet, so it would have had to have been at least 6 months or so after HJ left DY in order for the baby to be viable. 

2a.Having said that point #2, why would a doctor discuss a patient with someone who wasn't the patient's guardian anyway since MH and HJ are not related at all? I thought even Korea had patient confidentiality, though I realize that kdramas seem to violate that at will.

3. Why is MH unaware of HJ's condition when she was the one who ordered HJ to be taken care of? 

4. What roles did the mothers actually play in all this? They're all feigning innocence, but I'm actually highly suspicious of DY's mother and HJ's mother. Not sure about MH's mother since we haven't seen her in a while, and don't have a reaction from her on HJ's "reappearance". 

 

So, this drama has become as much of a mystery drama as a melodrama for me now. Curiosity can keep me watching for awhile, especially since they seem to be doling out the clues a little bit at a time, though hopefully, the pace of the reveals will be faster soon since at some point, the battle lines have to be drawn to see who is on whose side anyway. It seems as if DY is finding out for himself that HJ may have been telling lies when she broke up with him. She's not living happily married and well. It would be nice if DY found out at least enough of the truth to realize the tremendous pressure that was brought to bear on HJ for her to lie to him 8 years ago, even if he doesn't come to understand the extent of it until much later in the drama. I just want HJ to have someone at her side when the forces of evil start going after her again. At this point, I don't really trust her mother or her sister. While I have no doubts that they love her, the mother especially seems the type to do things without HJ's knowledge for her own sake to keep her clueless and "safe". I thought it was telling when HJ's sister told the mother that if the mother had taken HJ in for treatment earlier that her memories might have returned, but her mother was firm that she didn't want HJ's memories to return because then HJ will find it too difficult. 

 

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

 

If I had liked MH better as a character, then I would have been hoping that JW actually helps her discover herself so that she can stand up to her mother. Then perhaps she and her daughter could be a family with JW. However, I really don't like MH so, I hope she gets dumped big time along with her mother in to prison. I don't know that MH has done anything that she could go to jail for, but I think having to fend for herself while her mother goes to jail for her crimes is probably good enough since MH seems pretty useless without her mother.

I think MH's mother, however, has committed a number of crimes, including fabricating evidence against JW, not to mention the implied stock manipulation and fraud, so off to jail for her, I hope. 

Ok hold the phone WTF is really going on @stroppyse @UnniSarah @rikimaiu  Did you guys get a load of todays episode.. MH is trying to use DY mother for her to confront him about meeting up with HJ and the mistress had the nerve to try and move into they house.. SMH Also just what in the hell did HJ mother do with her baby.. I'm sure I heard the doctor say she did deliver a baby.. (Meaning she had the baby)

First off what doctor gives out a patient information to anyone like that only in kdrama that the dr paitient confidentiallity has no crediability.. Also who and the hell signed a marriage agreement in HJ name.? Wow it's a lot of shady stuff going on here and it has MH written all over it and DY mom is involved to a certain point. We have 4 moms thats evil to the core 1. MH, 2. MH evil mom,3.Dads mistress and last but not in the vey least DY mom.. I hoping if Hj can regain some of her memories back she will be just as evil as they are with her revenge but I do see DY and JW teaming up to tear MH and her evil adopted mom down off they high horses.. MH is going to jail for stealing HJ identity and marrying in her name to some complete stranger HJ knows nothing about.. JW will end up wit that lil girl because of what MH did and she never informed him he has a child.. Child custody law always favors the bio dad and if JW finds out about the contract marriage that will also work into his favor so in the end MH won't have a husband power or a child and she'll end up dead broke because all her stocks are some how going to end up sold or in DY name..   Which brings me to another case in point MH will tell DY so much as time goes on and she will be telling on herself without even knowing.. I'm sure DY caught on to the fact that MH was lying in todays episode and may played apart in him and HJ break up.. I'm hoping that DY investgate enough to dig down to the bottom of HJ accident and discover his baby being born and go in search for his child.. I'm sure MH will also be on the search for that child just to try and hang on to her pretend life..

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

So, there are now more questions raised.

1. Who is HJ's ex-husband? And, what role did he play in all of this. Since the preview says that DY's sources have found him, I hope DY will get to meet him and get some answers from him.

2. Where is DY and HJ's child? In the preview, it seems as if a doctor is telling MH about HJ's amnesia after the shock of delivering the child. So, the child is alive somewhere, right? Was the accident unrelated to the incidents with MH after all since the baby was too early at the time HJ left for the baby to be delivered as yet, so it would have had to have been at least 6 months or so after HJ left DY in order for the baby to be viable. 

2a.Having said that point #2, why would a doctor discuss a patient with someone who wasn't the patient's guardian anyway since MH and HJ are not related at all? I thought even Korea had patient confidentiality, though I realize that kdramas seem to violate that at will.

3. Why is MH unaware of HJ's condition when she was the one who ordered HJ to be taken care of? 

4. What roles did the mothers actually play in all this? They're all feigning innocence, but I'm actually highly suspicious of DY's mother and HJ's mother. Not sure about MH's mother since we haven't seen her in a while, and don't have a reaction from her on HJ's "reappearance". 

@stroppyse, I think the marriage certificate on HJ is real but she herself didn't sign a marriage agreement with anyone this is all MH doing to fool DY into believing HJ was happily married when she showed him HJ marrigae certificate in the hospital.. MH plotted this and it was her that sign the cetificate..

2. I think HJ mom did something with the child either she gave it to some relatives or friends to raise or maybe she had the child adopted oversees.. I think HJ may have been in a coma when she dilvered her baby because of her memory loss she don't know of her child or dilvering one. 2a. Yes only in kdrama were doctors discuss patients conditions with anyone that has money and power.. I find it strange that MH knew who her Dr was and is she really involved in HJ accident or it could be one of the mothers like you suggested..

3. Maybe MH was aware of the accident and just assumed she was critical enough to not live but she did. This what I find that she was so shock about Hj was alive and kicking at in Seoul..

4. If one of these mothers played a role in HJ accident I think it would be MH mother she's just that evil to get HJ out of the picture to accompilish her goal she needed DY and that company for some reason..  Also another person that could have done this was DY father..     

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Ok hold the phone WTF is really going on @stroppyse @UnniSarah @rikimaiu  Did you guys get a load of todays episode.. MH is trying to use DY mother for her to confront him about meeting up with HJ and the mistress had the nerve to try and move into they house.. SMH Also just what in the hell did HJ mother do with her baby.. I'm sure I heard the doctor say she did deliver a baby.. (Meaning she had the baby)

First off what doctor gives out a patient information to anyone like that only in kdrama that the dr paitient confidentiallity has no crediability.. Also who and the hell signed a marriage agreement in HJ name.? Wow it's a lot of shady stuff going on here and it has MH written all over it and DY mom is involved to a certain point. We have 4 moms thats evil to the core 1. MH, 2. MH evil mom,3.Dads mistress and last but not in the vey least DY mom.. I hoping if Hj can regain some of her memories back she will be just as evil as they are with her revenge but I do see DY and JW teaming up to tear MH and her evil adopted mom down off they high horses.. MH is going to jail for stealing HJ identity and marrying in her name to some complete stranger HJ knows nothing about.. JW will end up wit that lil girl because of what MH did and she never informed him he has a child.. Child custody law always favors the bio dad and if JW finds out about the contract marriage that will also work into his favor so in the end MH won't have a husband power or a child and she'll end up dead broke because all her stocks are some how going to end up sold or in DY name..   Which brings me to another case in point MH will tell DY so much as time goes on and she will be telling on herself without even knowing.. I'm sure DY caught on to the fact that MH was lying in todays episode and may played apart in him and HJ break up.. I'm hoping that DY investgate enough to dig down to the bottom of HJ accident and discover his baby being born and go in search for his child.. I'm sure MH will also be on the search for that child just to try and hang on to her pretend life..

@stroppyse, I think the marriage certificate on HJ is real but she herself didn't sign a marriage agreement with anyone this is all MH doing to fool DY into believing HJ was happily married when she showed him HJ marrigae certificate in the hospital.. MH plotted this and it was her that sign the cetificate..

2. I think HJ mom did something with the child either she gave it to some relatives or friends to raise or maybe she had the child adopted oversees.. I think HJ may have been in a coma when she dilvered her baby because of her memory loss she don't know of her child or dilvering one. 2a. Yes only in kdrama were doctors discuss patients conditions with anyone that has money and power.. I find it strange that MH knew who her Dr was and is she really involved in HJ accident or it could be one of the mothers like you suggested..

3. Maybe MH was aware of the accident and just assumed she was critical enough to not live but she did. This what I find that she was so shock about Hj was alive and kicking at in Seoul..

4. If one of these mothers played a role in HJ accident I think it would be MH mother she's just that evil to get HJ out of the picture to accompilish her goal she needed DY and that company for some reason..  Also another person that could have done this was DY father..     

 

 

MH definitely showed DY a marriage certificate which was signed. And, then DY has found out recently that there was divorce registered 4 months after the marriage certificate was registered. The signature may have been faked, but the thing that puzzled me is that HJ calls herself an ajumma in the scene with JW in today's episode, implying that she was/had been married. So, since HJ clearly can't remember being married because of her amnesia, someone had told her that she had been previously married. I figured that was probably her mother, though curious what she told her about her ex-husband and why the marriage was so quick. So, another reason why I find HJ's mother suspicious. 

Actually, I like that the mistress and her son have forced themselves into DY's house. Not because I like them or anything, but I'm anticipating the fireworks when DY and MH find out that the mistress and her son are living in their house now. Plus, I don't like DY's mother either so don't mind when she and the mistress get into catfights. I don't actually like their scenes, however, given how many episodes this drama has left, I figure more time given over to their catfights, less time on DY and HJ being miserable and angry. 

I really hope it doesn't take DY too long to get to the truth of what happened 8 years ago, or at least, get enough of the truth to make him determined to get the rest. I would really love to see a daily drama where the protagonists are as strong as the antagonists rather than being outsmarted by them for 95% of the drama, only to win in the end through an increasingly stupid set of coincidences. :) 

 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Welcom to this thread @thunderman1... It's really good and I am so Loving this drama. I don't think this will be a flop. 

But unfortunately, HJ lost her memory--another idiotic plot but of course this is needed to move forward. Why don't they just cut it to 50 eps??  As for her child, I bet you he/she is alive but her mother probably took him/her away so that she can start a new life, I don't know but something fishy about this. Her accident doesn't look like it was staged--from the preview it looks like she gave birth and lost her memory along the way, perhaps another comatose act by the writer similar to the last daily (Women's Secrets). 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

 

MH definitely showed DY a marriage certificate which was signed. And, then DY has found out recently that there was divorce registered 4 months after the marriage certificate was registered. The signature may have been faked, but the thing that puzzled me is that HJ calls herself an ajumma in the scene with JW in today's episode, implying that she was/had been married. So, since HJ clearly can't remember being married because of her amnesia, someone had told her that she had been previously married. I figured that was probably her mother, though curious what she told her about her ex-husband and why the marriage was so quick. So, another reason why I find HJ's mother suspicious. 

Actually, I like that the mistress and her son have forced themselves into DY's house. Not because I like them or anything, but I'm anticipating the fireworks when DY and MH find out that the mistress and her son are living in their house now. Plus, I don't like DY's mother either so don't mind when she and the mistress get into catfights. I don't actually like their scenes, however, given how many episodes this drama has left, I figure more time given over to their catfights, less time on DY and HJ being miserable and angry. 

I really hope it doesn't take DY too long to get to the truth of what happened 8 years ago, or at least, get enough of the truth to make him determined to get the rest. I would really love to see a daily drama where the protagonists are as strong as the antagonists rather than being outsmarted by them for 95% of the drama, only to win in the end through an increasingly stupid set of coincidences. :) 

 

Yes, you are correct. I hope for a drama where for once the protagonists has more strong maneuvers rather than the antagonist domineering 90% of the time. 

As for the mistress, I find her very funny in this drama, at least she adds some comic relief because without her, the show wouldn't be any good. Her purpose there is to threaten DY's mother--technically, the mother played a part in kicking HJ out of the picture. I hope for the CEO of the investigating agency to also play a part later on in confessing what he did to HJ. Of course this drama would be packed with so much misunderstanding.

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

5 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

 

Yes, you are correct. I hope for a drama where for once the protagonists has more strong maneuvers rather than the antagonist domineering 90% of the time. 

As for the mistress, I find her very funny in this drama, at least she adds some comic relief because without her, the show wouldn't be any good. Her purpose there is to threaten DY's mother--technically, the mother played a part in kicking HJ out of the picture. I hope for the CEO of the investigating agency to also play a part later on in confessing what he did to HJ. Of course this drama would be packed with so much misunderstanding.

 

@thunderman1 That is exactly his role for later chingu. To confess because of his guilty conscious is bothering him for some reason. But when he was doing all these horrible things in the past, his conscious is just fine. Isn't that funny @sava2sava @TRAN @stroppyse  @0ly40 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I, too, would want DY to outsmart the antagonists most of the time. That he was suspicious of MH for desperately wanting to find out what he and HJ talked about, that he was investigating more into HJ's past 8 years are good signs that he would learn quickly some truths of HJ to be able to help protect her against the antagonists - MH, DY mum, MH mum, DY dad.

DY brother is just too stupid and it does not help to have an overprotective mother who does not know what is really best for her young, inexperienced son! I hope to see DY helping his half brother, nurturing him in the business world eventually, with their relationship improved so that they could support each other. But right now, with his mind so intent on HJ, DY is not ready to nurture anyone!

JW still feels something for MH, that was why he was hesitant to agree with Mdm Seo that his first line of attack should be on MH. Instead he countered that he should start with CDY.

I really want to know what happened to HJ but I will  have to be patient. I like that we have a mystery to delve into. This is a 100 plus episodes daily drama, and we are only at episode 10, so patience! haha.

I agree with views here that HJ mum is highly suspicious with regard to HJ/DY's child. I really hope that MH will not be the first to find out where the child is and bring harm to the child!

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

On 12/8/2016 at 10:27 PM, stroppyse said:

MH definitely showed DY a marriage certificate which was signed. And, then DY has found out recently that there was divorce registered 4 months after the marriage certificate was registered. The signature may have been faked, but the thing that puzzled me is that HJ calls herself an ajumma in the scene with JW in today's episode, implying that she was/had been married. So, since HJ clearly can't remember being married because of her amnesia, someone had told her that she had been previously married. I figured that was probably her mother, though curious what she told her about her ex-husband and why the marriage was so quick. So, another reason why I find HJ's mother suspicious. 

Actually, I like that the mistress and her son have forced themselves into DY's house. Not because I like them or anything, but I'm anticipating the fireworks when DY and MH find out that the mistress and her son are living in their house now. Plus, I don't like DY's mother either so don't mind when she and the mistress get into catfights. I don't actually like their scenes, however, given how many episodes this drama has left, I figure more time given over to their catfights, less time on DY and HJ being miserable and angry. 

I really hope it doesn't take DY too long to get to the truth of what happened 8 years ago, or at least, get enough of the truth to make him determined to get the rest. I would really love to see a daily drama where the protagonists are as strong as the antagonists rather than being outsmarted by them for 95% of the drama, only to win in the end through an increasingly stupid set of coincidences. :) 

@stroppyse,  See this is why I don't find MH not knowing at anything about HJ accident her and that doctor looked to cozy in discussing HJ mental health.. I do think she will antagonize her.. Some how I think it was instilled in her head that she was married before.. Also her didn't help the situation abd probably thought by telling her that it would help her forget all about DY.. I do agree HJ mom is very likely to be involved in the missing child.. Another thing I find funny MH knew of HJ pregnancy how is it that she never kept eyes on HJ to find out about the baby something is ver fishy here..

On to the  mistress I think we all is going to love to hate her but hate to love her also.. She has a keen sense and DY mom isn't going to help the situation.. Mistresss reads DY mom like and open book and she will sense theres more to mom just breaking them up and lunch her own investigation.. She will be a help to DY but also a hinderences to DY but she will find out that him and MH marriage is a sham.. She may also find out that the lil girk isn't his.. So her and Dy mom will be having some serious catfights and this is when she'll discover MH and DY mom is in on it.. She will pay serveral visits to HJ trying to help her remember..

DY will be investigating more into9 what happen to HJ years ago because he's not going to get over the fact that some other man is showing interest in her but yet she don't remember him.. This may turn out to be something different then what we thought instead of trying to hurt her he'll be protecting her silently..  

   

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

So HJ has amnesia after all and conveniently she forgets everything after high school. Hi @thunderman1 funny to see us here after WS. You are right that's another idiotic plot. But i'm not going to waste my breath over it. This and breaking doctor patient confidentiality...it happens only in Kdrama land where just about anyone can be bought with money.

I think the mistress moving in to DY's house is essential for plot purposes. There will be cat fights as someone said and some eavesdropping along the way. 

After 10 episode i can't seem to place DY's mom. One time she is ready to fight the mistress and next she is timid as a mouse. DY's is a chairman of a huge company and i assume he can afford to hire a housekeeper to do the housework but i see his mom doing the vacuuming. The bi**h of a daughter inlaw doesn't even make breakfast. And i don't like when she acts funny with the grand daughter, it doesn't look funny at all. She seems to think she is still a housekeeper. I understand from the earlier episode that she was a housekeeper at HJ's grandfather's house (correct me if i'm wrong). How did DY's father come to own LK Food and how did he meet DY's mom. I also understand that HJ's family were rich before her father died. How did he died and whey did they become penniless. These issues are still a mystery. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

12 hours ago, ross27 said:

I, too, would want DY to outsmart the antagonists most of the time. That he was suspicious of MH for desperately wanting to find out what he and HJ talked about, that he was investigating more into HJ's past 8 years are good signs that he would learn quickly some truths of HJ to be able to help protect her against the antagonists - MH, DY mum, MH mum, DY dad.

DY brother is just too stupid and it does not help to have an overprotective mother who does not know what is really best for her young, inexperienced son! I hope to see DY helping his half brother, nurturing him in the business world eventually, with their relationship improved so that they could support each other. But right now, with his mind so intent on HJ, DY is not ready to nurture anyone!

JW still feels something for MH, that was why he was hesitant to agree with Mdm Seo that his first line of attack should be on MH. Instead he countered that he should start with CDY.

I really want to know what happened to HJ but I will  have to be patient. I like that we have a mystery to delve into. This is a 100 plus episodes daily drama, and we are only at episode 10, so patience! haha.

I agree with views here that HJ mum is highly suspicious with regard to HJ/DY's child. I really hope that MH will not be the first to find out where the child is and bring harm to the child!

Something also tells me that DY probably isn't even the biological son hence the reason why his mother still has not given his father a divorce--there's no more love to this relationship anymore, time to carry on. She's probably also money hungry hence why she pretty much exchanged her kidney for HJ to break up with DY. She knew HJ cannot give DY the wealth she desires. 

2 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

So HJ has amnesia after all and conveniently she forgets everything after high school. Hi @thunderman1 funny to see us here after WS. You are right that's another idiotic plot. But i'm not going to waste my breath over it. This and breaking doctor patient confidentiality...it happens only in Kdrama land where just about anyone can be bought with money.

I think the mistress moving in to DY's house is essential for plot purposes. There will be cat fights as someone said and some eavesdropping along the way. 

After 10 episode i can't seem to place DY's mom. One time she is ready to fight the mistress and next she is timid as a mouse. DY's is a chairman of a huge company and i assume he can afford to hire a housekeeper to do the housework but i see his mom doing the vacuuming. The bi**h of a daughter inlaw doesn't even make breakfast. And i don't like when she acts funny with the grand daughter, it doesn't look funny at all. She seems to think she is still a housekeeper. I understand from the earlier episode that she was a housekeeper at HJ's grandfather's house (correct me if i'm wrong). How did DY's father come to own LK Food and how did he meet DY's mom. I also understand that HJ's family were rich before her father died. How did he died and whey did they become penniless. These issues are still a mystery. 

Because the mistress can blackmail the first wife, hence why she can only do what she says in the meanwhile.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

22 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Something also tells me that DY probably isn't even the biological son hence the reason why his mother still has not given his father a divorce--there's no more love to this relationship anymore, time to carry on. She's probably also money hungry hence why she pretty much exchanged her kidney for HJ to break up with DY. She knew HJ cannot give DY the wealth she desires. 

Hi, @thunderman1  I had mentioned it before that DY mom didn't divorce his father because of her position in that family.. DY mom is just waiting for the old goat to croak so she can claim it all.. In one sense I kind of understand her being this way due to the fact that dad threw her and DY out to bring his mistress in.. I do believe that DY is his bio son this is just the reasons she's been putting up with the mistress crap all these years just to make sure her and DY is first in line to obtain it all the mistress knows this.. She do everything she possibly could to have her and DY push out no matter how many wills the chairman writes DY comes first then his mom.. Mistress and son only gets what left over and maybe what the chairman stipulated that they can have but as long as DY is around to protest and contest his will mistress and son is up a creek without a paddle..  Mom with years without her place and getting only what the chairman gves her you think she will just give it all up after being treated like the wicked wife all these years.. I don't blame her I'll ride it out to if it was me and make sure I stay in perfect health.. I been wondering why she hasn't filed a restraining order on that whack job in the first place.. All she has to do is video her in one of her moments and the rest would take care of it's self.. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

These secondary characters have turned out to be a lot more interesting so far.  There are flavors/nuances in  their dialogue which made  especially trio-moms, Ha Jin mom, Do Yoon mom and the mistress, fun to watch. 

**I’m going to try to add a bit more info (from the character description) about some of the characters.

1 Ha Jin mom was born in a good family and married to a sweet man who was rich.  She assumed she would live the rest of her life being rich.   But her husband died unexpectedly and the family fortune was gone too.   She was with HJ and found another rich husband who turned out to be abusive.  So she got a divorce with a second child, Chun Se Yun, (Lee) Ha Jin’s step sister.  

2 Do Yoon dad:  DY dad’s father was a driver and  grandfather was a servant to HJ dad’s family.  The father was killed in an accident which DY dad felt Ha Jin dad’s family was indirectly blamed for. ((The result was that DY parents look at HJ’s family as the enemy))   At his dad’s cemetery, DY dad vowed  to escape the poverty. Then he built LK Food.

3 Do Yoon mom:  She is uneducated but  a good hearted & meek/docile & weak/tender.  The only things she does well are house work, feeding others, and being generous with affection((That was why she was vacuuming))   Then her misery started when DY dad became successful and found a mistress.  At the time she didn’t  give him a divorce because she didn’t want her mistress to raise her son DY ((Maybe at the time a husband was given a right to raise a child after a divorce(?))) ((Now it seems DY became her life and she wants to see DY take over LK Food for her son and probably for herself after suffering years of humiliation.))

4 The mistress was from a poor family and as the oldest she had to care for her sick parents.  She came to work as a secretary for DY dad when they met.

5 Min Hee adopted mom, Young Suk: “She is from the family who runs  a prestigious(educational ) institution and she was raised as a successor of the Private School Foundation.”   Her greed caused a corruption scandal for the Savings Bank and Jung Woo dad(her partner ?)   During the scandal Jung Woo dad had a heart attack and she watched him die.  Then she let him be charged with the corruption.  After she failed with her first love(?),  she decided to have a match maker marriage.  She picked out her husband as her servant (sort of)  He knows why she chose him. ((In his character description, she had a failed marriage??))  He thinks that, without her failed marriage, she  would never choose him.  She gave him a university president title.

6 Jung Woo & Madame Seo:  It was Jung Woo dad who helped  Madame Seo by paying  the surgery for her illness  and scholarship for the school.  So she helped Jung Woo for his school after Jung Woo dad died, and told him about  Young Suk.  (( Perhaps they will learn about HJ’s  connection with DY))

 

 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now