0ly40

[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

If I recall the sequence of events in yesterday's episode correctly, Mme Kim's sinister words about GO being the only means they had left to "bring HJ to her knees" came before the unexpected bonus "present" of how HJ had been knowingly involved in the scam. If that's so, maybe her evil attentions will be diverted away from kidnapping.

On the other hand, I have a horrible feeling that the "Why won't he call me Mommy?" problem is being played up so that GO can call out to her as "Mommy" for the first time when she arrives to save him from renewed captivity...

• Like 7

Cliffhanger dialogue:

MmeK:  DY, I've got a job for you to do. You have to help MH out. You absolutely have to.
DY: And supposing I refuse?
MmeK:  Ah, but you have to do it.

This reminds us of one of the big differences between Kdrama World and Reality. In Reality, you can hardly ever get a nice window seat at a decent café. No more than you can ever park your car exactly outside your destination on a city boulevard. But in Krama land, not only are parking problems non-existent, but you always get to sit at a window seat where / a snooper / your cheated-on wife / your long-lost first-love who just got of the bus from your far-off hometown / your obnoxious mother-in-law / the identical twin you never knew you had / the loan-shark you've been anxiously hiding from for the last ten years / can spot you in a jiffy with life-changing consequences. AND in Kdrama World you of course always go for the high-visibility window seat even when your rendezvous is supposed to be a BIG SECRET.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, baduy said:

On the other hand, I have a horrible feeling that the "Why won't he call me Mommy?" problem is being played up so that GO can call out to her as "Mommy" for the first time when she arrives to save him from renewed captivity...

Ini the episode just ended GO was having a nightmare and HJ woke him up and gave him a hug he call her 'umma' although I don't know if GO was was really awake or half asleep. 

• Like 6

I have to ask is DY being threaten by Mdm Kim claiming if he claims GO it would result into him and HJ having and affair.. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, baduy said:

Why won't he call me Mommy?" problem is being played up so that GO can call out to her as "Mommy" for the first time when she arrives to save him from renewed captivity...

Why would he? He asked her if she were his mum and what did she say? If you watched the telecast, she was going to say she loved him etc. the first chance she got.. Did she do all those things? Same thing with the father. Ok he has been traumatised, abused but being confused is no better. Maybe that is why he does not want to call her mother. He is 8 years old, explain to him that Jang stole you, now I have you back etc.  Ignoring it won't help.

oops, I forgot, this is the I am not telling show.

I watched a bit of the raw ep 86. So talkey talkey, I am not making my own translation. Chairman Cha is giving up HR? He is bypassing DY?  

In last night's preview, DY and HJ looked at each with great relief. I did not catch it in the raw ep 86.  

I am tired of the evil family. Don't they let up? Both DY and HJ are conspiring separately for fear of troubling the other party, but the three evils not only work together ( most times) they have their goons and spies as well. Logically, they should do better.

The smirking evil Kim is even more off putting than the bug eyed MH. I need a break. 

• Like 8

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmd7Bj4yl7Fvhzblg_Kkvimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWkoyASngyaf5u2j6Vr4R308270_20170202_1.jpg

This post is a bit late hope you don't mind.... Looking forward to seeing today's episode...:wub:

I remember thinking that when GO comes home things would be so much better but in reality there is just as much stress and there will be I feel till the bitter end.  My hopes of seeing a future family life full of happiness seem to be fading...  Even now that DY's parents have had their eyes opened to whom MH really is. And like a chess game we are able to see HJ make move after move.  Still why does it feel like it's one step forward and two steps back.  Even now we can't rest easy because anything is possible with EVIL Kim and her twin shadow MH...

I for once felt a little sorry for JW when speaking with DY about his own daughter.  I can understand DY wanting to protect HR but with everything he knows and has been through with his own son GO.  I would have thought he would have had a little  compassion for JW in that they both didn't know they had a child alive.  Just as they are both not at fault because of it either.  They both are trying to get to know their children which makes me even more a bit sad that DY seemed so cold towards JW after all if it hadn't been for him helping HJ  she wouldn't be where she is...  

I may sound crazy but I kind of think Madam Seo & JW should hook up she seems to really care about him.  Not wanting to get anyone upset but I think maybe if they were together HR could be with them and her real Dad sharing time with DY & HJ of course. I realize JW isn't perfect but in truth no parents are and I think he has changed so much and loves his little girl.  There is a lot for him to learn but I think he would be willing and is able.  And I think she keeps coming to him because for what ever reason she want's to get closer. She trusts him, he gives her warmth, kindness and listens to her.  Now with her home in such a mess she must be worried as well.   And kids see, know & feel much more than we realize.  Also, it's just when I think about GO I think he needs his parents total love & support even more closely than other kids.  It would be hard enough just getting to know you have real parents most of all in trusting a father figure.  Even harder if a step sister is thrown into the mix. He doesn't need to compete for attention he needs to be the total focus and attention.  Don't get me wrong I feel for HR for she is innocent as well but her suffering is of a different kind.  Where GO  has some real pain,scars and suffering in his past to get over.  Those physical scars he carries are healed over now. Yet, it's his heart full of fears,unable to trust and just being able to let loose and not worrying about being perfect all the time.  I mean for years he must have had to live within himself most likely why he loves to read.  Books allow you to escape to all kinds of places within your mind without moving a muscle.  You need no one else to take you there just your imagination and you can be anyone, do anything and travel anywhere as if your there... Any place except for where you are...

I think it's the very reason DY & GO struggle a bit in getting to know each other when all you have known from your past is a father and man who beat you and who made your life a nightmare. Just the fact that GO reached for his hand must have been such an act of courage.  He has had to walk on egg shells just to survive and bless his heart when asked about bike riding or Robots I wonder does DY understand how can you have an interest in something you may never have had.  Learning to ride a bike usually takes two and I doubt from what little we do know of his past if there was ever anyone to hold him up, encourage him or cheer him on or be there to catch him or even care if he fell....

• Like 9

preview 29-mar

OST part 4: Park Mi Kyung - Because I love you

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I have to ask is DY being threaten by Mdm Kim claiming if he claims GO it would result into him and HJ having and affair.. 

but adultery is no longer illegal in Korea

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

but adultery is no longer illegal in Korea

That would not be smart because MH was sleeping around after getting married. That would be the proverbial people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

I think it is the secret contract evil Kim made with DY's father. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

I think Mdm Kim is threatening DY with his father's dirt and wants him to cover up what happen with the accident. Of course DB will want DY to  cover for him as he's always has.  

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

I think Mdm Kim is threatening DY with his father's dirt and wants him to cover up what happen with the accident. Of course DB will want DY to  cover for him as he's always has.  

@awsparkle I think HJ has something to do with it being that she wants to put MH scam on HJ.. I know DY dad has something to do with it also but at this point DY can't think to help his dad.. Dad was the one to entangle him into this mess in the first place.. I think it's time for DY to cut dad a lose he has his own son to think of enough of trying to hold something togather that can't be because his dad will keep betraying him and if those are papers Mdm Kim has on DB to have him arrested then let him be arrested DB will tell Mdm Kim role into framing Jw father and how she stole his money and where she spent it.. I just don't see DB getting out of this at all without he and Kim doing timre joining MH..

@baduy What is MH crying to Hj about clearly she can't be asking her to do something for her after all she has done MH looks desperate.. I hope they don't try and kill Big Nam because if he's dead there's no need for and investigation.. 

• Like 5

Preview of episode 87 and translation

HJ: I’ve already come this far. I can’t stop now. I have to drag Baek Min Hee from the chairmanship. Only that will Ga On and Do Yoon be able to live safely.
Mdm Kim: Now, stop being stubborn. If you end it with Min Hee, you should be aware that will be the utter ruin of your family. 
MH: I really, really only told him to block him! That was really all. I’m really asking you. 
DY: Father. Father!
HJ: Will you really be okay?
Big Nam: Do you really think I would have started it without at least being prepared for that? 
MH: Fine, I’ll go. Shamefully, I’ll say that it was a political fallout.
HJ: What is so hard? 
Mdm Kim: Do Yoon, I think your time is up. Go ahead and make your decision!

Think Mdm Kim is threatening DY with that agreement she made with DY's father initially since she's talking about bringing DY's entire family down. 

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Preview of episode 90 and translation

HJ: I’ve already come this far. I can’t stop now. I have to drag Baek Min Hee from the chairmanship. Only that will Ga On and Do Yoon be able to live safely.
Mdm Kim: Now, stop being stubborn. If you end it with Min Hee, you should be aware that will be the utter ruin of your family. 
MH: I really, really only told him to block him! That was really all. I’m really asking you. 
DY: Father. Father!
HJ: Will you really be okay?
Big Nam: Do you really think I would have started it without at least being prepared for that? 
MH: Fine, I’ll go. Shamefully, I’ll say that it was a political fallout.
HJ: What is so hard? 
Mdm Kim: Do Yoon, I think your time is up. Go ahead and make your decision!

Think Mdm Kim is threatening DY with that agreement she made with DY's father initially since she's talking about bringing DY's entire family down. 

I think so to @stroppyse  She's not well aware of mom and dad being divorced and the ruining of his family will cause her family to be ruined.. Hj should be recording her and MH conversation in her involvement in DY accident.. I think Big Nam will be the one to rescue them he has to much information on the Kim family dirty deeds.. He's the one I think Kim is going to won't killed as he hands over more evidence on Mdm Kim.. I think it's time for the Chairman to let go of what shared he has left give them to the Ex wife or DY better yet like I mentioned to GO Even DY put his shares in GO's name making HJ the proxy over those shares and he'll be the ultimate shareholder.. At least the company will stay in the family.. With DY DB and MA shares LK would have a new owner..The youngest owner of any company in Korea.. If DY did something like this Mdm Kim and MH will come unglued.. This is a good way to announce GO is DY son and all the directors know who MH was screaming about when she was hollering to stop DY from meeting that child..  

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not quote images/videos
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, baduy said:

Cliffhanger dialogue:

MmeK:  DY, I've got a job for you to do. You have to help MH out. You absolutely have to.
DY: And supposing I refuse?
MmeK:  Ah, but you have to do it.

This reminds us of one of the big differences between Kdrama World and Reality. In Reality, you can hardly ever get a nice window seat at a decent café. No more than you can ever park your car exactly outside your destination on a city boulevard. But in Krama land, not only are parking problems non-existent, but you always get to sit at a window seat where / a snooper / your cheated-on wife / your long-lost first-love who just got of the bus from your far-off hometown / your obnoxious mother-in-law / the identical twin you never knew you had / can spot you in a jiffy with life-changing consequences. AND in Kdrama World you of course always go for the high-visibility window seat even when your rendezvous is supposed to be a BIG SECRET.

Let me get this correct.   MH's mom is out of prison on a "sick Leave" that I didn't know happens.   But than again I don't know a whole lot about prison.  But okay she is out at home without a surveillance device, no one that I can tell is checking up on her.  ThT is crazy even for kdramas am I right.  

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, janp said:

Let me get this correct.   MH's mom is out of prison on a "sick Leave" that I didn't know happens.   But than again I don't know a whole lot about prison.  But okay she is out at home without a surveillance device, no one that I can tell is checking up on her.  ThT is crazy even for kdramas am I right.  

Silent lurker here, thanks to all the Chingu's on this thread I really love/appreciate all the comments.  Yup, K-drama  can make my blood boil, but; I still check/watch it on and off.  I loathe MH and Mdm Kim,  hoping, that  GO will not be separated from HJ's family, that is really cruel( please writer nim enough of that anxiety to the poor child):bawling:.

@janp, I guess only in K-drama that a prisoner take a sick leave and not stay in the hospital, totally unrealistic!!!

• Like 7

As I've explained, the word in the sound track means "bail on grounds of ill-health" not "sick leave."  The subs are misleading there. And there is such a thing as sick bail in Korea, but only in situations where "bail" is possible in the first place. Once someone has been tried, convicted and sentenced, they can't be "bailed". in Korea or anywhere else, because by the very meaning of the term, "bail" is impossible after conviction. The sole exception is when significant evidence emerges after the accused has been jailed that the conviction may have been unjust or the sentence unduly severe in the light of that evidence. Then a judge may indeed grant bail pending appeal. That's just about plausible in this case (especially since an "appeal" has been mentioned, though we weren't told on what grounds) but I think the writer is just plucking stuff out of thin air.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

What is MH crying to Hj about clearly she can't be asking her to do something for her after all she has done MH looks desperate

MH will try anything when her back's to the wall. This is plainly about how Big Nam. at HJ's instigation, had the investigation into the accident reopened, providing the recording as evidence the his brother deliberately caused the crash on MH's explicit orders. She's trying to wiggle out by claiming that she didn't tell Little Nam to kill DY, or himself for that matter, in so many words, but that he "overreacted" to her demand that he should stop DY meeting GO "whatever it takes". She's hopiing HJ is soft-hearted, or rather soft-brained, enough to put in a word for her on those grounds with the prosecutor.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, baduy said:

As I've explained, the word in the sound track means "bail on grounds of ill-health" not "sick leave."  The subs are misleading there. And there is such a thing as sick bail in Korea, but only in situations where "bail" is possible in the first place. Once someone has been tried, convicted and sentenced, they can't be "bailed". in Korea or anywhere else, because by the very meaning of the term, "bail" is impossible after conviction. The sole exception is when significant evidence emerges after the accused has been jailed that the conviction may have been unjust or the sentence unduly severe in the light of that evidence. Then a judge may indeed grant bail pending appeal. That's just about plausible in this case (especially since an "appeal" has been mentioned, though we weren't told on what grounds) but I think the writer is just plucking stuff out of thin air.

@baduy, thanks for the explanation:), really hard when I don't understand the language.

• Like 4

Episode 89 had some twists for me. I loved that GO finally calls HJ "mom" when she wakes him from a bad dream. GO was actually softly calling out "mom" within his nightmare, perhaps asking for his mom to come save him? It broke my heart that GO has such nightmares, but when he and HJ hug and he calls her "mom", I was happy that he had his mom to wake him from his nightmares and hold him.

I think the circumstances where GO finally calls HJ "mom" was set up by a previous scene where HJ gives GO a backpack. When he sees it. GO gets a strange look on his face as he mentions that backpacks are meant to be worn to school. HJ confirms that he'll be going to school, though both HJ and her mother think that perhaps GO doesn't want to go to school for some reason. However, the opposite is the case. GO wants to go to school, and he sees this as solid proof that he's going to continue to live with HJ since he'll also be going to school. I have to say that I teared up at this scene as I, along with HJ and her mother, realize that GO is still afraid that he's only going to be temporary in HJ's life and home. GO needs assurances that he is where he belongs and that he's safe. It was heartwarming to see both this and the scene where he wakes up from his nightmare to his mom.

The twist was GO's desire to see JW, and then hearing that JW had spent a lot of effort to find him, GO hugging JW. On reflection, I guess JW may actually be the first adult man to really be nice to GO and speak with him, and so made an impression on him. However, GO potentially being closer to JW than to DY wasn't something that I saw coming. I wonder what, if anything, this will mean to the drama's plotlines. It could either further a reconciliation between DY and JW, or create more uncertainty between DY and HJ, especially if DY gives in to Mdm Kim's threats. 

HR has become even more of a political football this episode as DY's father asks JW if he intends to take HR at any stage, and then asking JW to write an agreement to give up any claims on JW. JW points out that it's not HR's guardianship that DY's father is worried about so much as HR's inheritance. DY's father agrees. Furthermore, DY's father asks MH to give up all rights to HR's inheritance if she wants to be accepted back in the house. MH refuses. DY's father tells himself later that asking to leave all of one's fortune to someone who is not of his blood is too much, and that he would rather give it all to TY then. JW asks MH later how she could refuse when it means that HR is alone in the house without her mother to which MH replies that without the inheritance, there is no reason for her to be in the house. She still avers that she's doing all this for HR. 

Btw, it was sweet of HJ to call DY's mother to meet her, and then introduced her to GO. HJ realized that DY must have told his mother about GO when she heard that DY's mother had even come by the store and the house, though without actually coming in at either places. HJ realized that once she knew, DY's mother would have been desperate for at least a glimpse of GO. 

As expected, Mdm Kim seems ready to cut MH loose if she has to, and she's asked MH to give up the chairmanship, and in return, she'll send MH someone to help her. The implication later is that Mdm Kim will send DY to help MH out. However, I'm a little uncertain what Mdm Kim's plans are since she had wanted MH to be in the chairmanship. I suppose now that MH has made a mess of things, she wants MH out, and to figure out some way of restoring her hold over LK. That seems to be a potentially two prong attack: the video of DY and HJ as well as the doings of DY's father eight years ago.

Speaking of eight years ago, DY seems to have found an anomaly in the accounts from eight years as he's looking through MH's accounts. He was expecting something in  MH's account to be from the Myunghwa Foundation, but found it was from LK instead. I wonder if this is a trail of the secret finances that DY's father and Mdm Kim had perpetuated eight years ago which led to JW's father's death. DY pushes it aside for the moment, but I expect for it to come back up again sometime. 

• Like 7