Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

@shebagirl, I have been wondering the same exact thing myself.  That thought came to me for the very first time yesterday--when he was telling NS not to reveal herself to SeolHwa.  I thought, WTH? SeolHwa has the right to know who her biological mother is--I have to say that I would get whiplash from NS over kindness to harsh, to kindness to harsh and not back to kindness. I do not like her doing anything for SeolHwa in regards to her wedding--only Mama Geum has earned that right.

But I actually have some sympathy for NS on the HS matter.  She had no choice when she left the baby at the orphanage, as she couldn't get the baby's heart problem treated.  There was a chance that the orphanage would get her treated (she even left a note on it, right?).  She didn't expect the baby to disappear because of an unimaginably good oppa taking matters into his hand along with his unbelievably understanding wife.  Then NS kept trying to find the daughter, and seems to be (almost) ready to even throw away all caution and support her daughter, now that she has found her.  Can't blame a mom for wanting to love the daughter, right?  But yeah, if she does things to cause grief to SH now, my opinion will change, but she hasn't (yet).

SeorHwa has a right to know her real mom, but we can't blame Dr. Han (and Mr. Geum) for worrying about the extreme distress SH will be in if the truth comes out - as either she can't marry her love, or her mom will have to lose her husband/family.  I will probably be forced to do what these two gentlemen are doing, if I were in their shoes, but I won't plan to keep the truth covered up for ever.  Neither does Dr. Han, I think.

Ultimately, it is a call NS has to make, and even she has to wait till the right time for doing it, on outing herself.  If NS is redeemable at all, in her husband and MIL's view, is a factor. And she needs to make sure that MH and Faker won't do something to scuttle all plans to fix things (like steal JR's company). Those two crooks need to be neutralized first.  And some of what happens from now on depends also on exactly what NS and Faker did at Namwon (i.e., what caused the fire and death) -- which I think we still don't fully understand.  If she thought JS was dead and decided to place a boy in his place, it is somewhat of a redeemable crime. I am not up on all the flashbacks on it, to know.

Thinking back, though I really hated NS as a character earlier, now I realize that she was nasty mostly to only Faker.  She even openly said that it was because she "feared him"... Then my sympathies were with the faker, but after seeing how dark he has turned, can we blame NS for fearing him and treating him at arms length all along?  Otherwise, she was a loving wife to her husband, good to her MIL, and was raising a very good son of her own too. She was frequently shown to be genuinely regretting whatever she did at Namwon. She was kind to her own employees, and some of the things she did, like giving SeNa a chance at her shop, were kind acts. Now that I see that the faker fully deserved how NS treated him all along, I am somewhat okay with NS... But we will wait and see what she does from now on.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

Side note: I don't know why the oldest daughter seems to have with each episode appears to be mentally changed? She minds me of the sister in the movie, "The Other Sister".

Yeah, what's up with that?  She was really one of the sane people in the show initially.  No BS like SeNa with all her bitchy acts... And saner than their mom, who was certifiably crazy initially, running away form home and throwing money at loser businesses and all!.  When DooNa started acting funny, I thought it was temporary - and perhaps a deliberate ploy to act foolish and handle her MIL.  Now it seems like she is just acting silly all the time. Why???

• Like 8

I agree I think Dr. Han knows on some level Seol Hwa needs to know her mother but he also knows that opening that can of worms will blow up a lot of peoples lives and cause undo stress on Seol Hwa. Even though she likes the woman NS has been evil to her in the past. Then there is the fact that she found out she was her daughter but said nothing. Of course there is no black or white answer to this and Dr. Han and Papa G will talk to her about what the truth could do. There is her half brother Ji- Sang who needs to be taken into consideration as well as Seol Hwa's heart issues. It was never his place to tell even though at first he wanted to. Papa G and NS are the ones who ultimately have to come out with that secret. But as we know Madam Sa is on the trail so the one who will tell it will be her. She has no class our decorum and does not care who she hurts by running her mouth. The Min she knows she will either try to blackmail NS or go to her and be nasty daring to look down on her more than she already does for it. Her actions will blow up MH's.

I too think it is one reason he is rushing that wedding trying to get ahead of any problems that could harm Seol Hwa. And with the knowledge he is the real Joon Sang he will want to get ahead of any opposition.

Dr, Han is gathering all the clues and he is real close to verifying what his mind is already telling him that he is the real Yoon Joon Sang. Dr. Han will prolly take a min to first digest the truth. That Faker is living his life and knows that Dr. Han is the real Joon Sang but is trying to keep that life that does not belong to him. Then he will get angry.. and the cat and mouse game starts. Dr. Han will weigh is it worth telling the truth if it causes issues for all around him? Knowing who his family is and that his mother did not abandon him may be enough for him at the moment. He is close with his father even if JR does not know its his real son. The same with Madam Eun. But something is going to happen to make the truth come out but I do not think it will come from Dr. Han. He may warn Faker that he now knows the truth to torment him but I can't see him walking up to say he is the real JS.. First JR and Madam Eun will not believe him and will think he is just saying that because he is looking for his parents. It will have to be others that out that secret and Madam Eun and JR find out.

I expect him to talk it over with Papa G (he may not say who all the players are or names)  and tell Papa G who his mother is which will prompt Papa G to surprise him with the knowledge he knew his mom and grew up with her and was a brother to her. Finding out about her death will hit Papa G hard. Finding out who he is suppose to be will make him realize NS is involved. I see Papa G showing that picture to Dr. Han as it will be the only one he has of her.

Hurry up and marry them writer..

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jayakris said:

Yeah, what's up with that?  She was really one of the sane people in the show initially.  No BS like SeNa with all her bitchy acts... And saner than their mom, who was certifiably crazy initially, running away form home and throwing money at loser businesses and all!.  When DooNa started acting funny, I thought it was temporary - and perhaps a deliberate ploy to act foolish and handle her MIL.  Now it seems like she is just acting silly all the time. Why???

She is with child and probably acting like one.  Really hate her voice with this transformation though!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I too think it is one reason he is rushing that wedding trying to get ahead of any problems that could harm Seol Hwa. And with the knowledge he is the real Joon Sang he will want to get ahead of any opposition.

That hurry for getting married was before Dr. Han found out that he is almost surely (if not 100%) Jun Sang, which only happened at the end of the latest episode, though.  I don't think he is the type to hurry the wedding now.  If at all, he will try to delay it as much as he can, or even stay away from SH for a while, because he now knows that he and SH being the children of a married couple is not a simple matter.  Covering that up and getting married in a hurry is not at all Dr. Han's style.  That would be basically duping his own family, the Yoons - his father, grandma and half brother.  He will not marry SH till a resolution happens on the NS-JR matter.  I keep saying that till they divorce and NS gets kicked out of the family (or at least they agree to amicably separate in the end with JR pardoning her), no marriage is happening, because Dr. Han will not do it. I think that doesn't fit the Korean norms (and probably the norm anywhere else too - children of married couple, even if they have no blood ties, do not marry, other than by breaking away from the family or the family breaking up).  Now Dr. Han will marry only after his dad and grandma give their approval, and that won't happen easily till the NS matter is handled, even if both JR and the grandma like SH.  At least that is what I expect, but dramas often surprise me, so who knows....

• Like 10

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I thought, WTH? SeolHwa has the right to know who her biological mother is--

I agree with you on this matter. As much as we are angry with fake JS for withholding the true identity of DrHan, I strongly feel Seolhwa deserved the right to her identity and roots too. Matters pertaining to ones parents, alive or dead, is not frivolous that anyone can just sweep under tha carpet. What if suddenly fate were to deal a blow that NS have an accident of some sort, only then DrHan and Papa Geum will allow her to meet her dying mother....??! Or Seolhwa had a bad heart attack and at the brink of death, then NS will be allowed to reveal that she is the long lost mother. That is not being fair to her. It is different if NS was not located as in the earlier episodes, but now that DrHan knows, he should have a slow talk with Seolhwa and lay the cards on the table about their dire situation. She would be upset at first, but bloodline has this inherent compassion to forgive, and the feeling of 'belong' matters a lot to anyone in a one parent situation. It is not an option to tell, but a duty to those who knows. 

• Like 8

What baffles me in the latest episode, twice DrHan was informed that Joon Sang mother died in the fire at Namwon. If he were to even suspect that he is the real JS , then it should dawn on him too that his mother died in the fire. The mother whom he thought abandon him perished instead. But he seemed to not even react to that info but instead more interested about there being two boys, one lost and Shin Woo survived. He seemed not to connect the dots properly. I would expect him to show concerned for the dead lady, but it was not to be. After all his memories are mainly of his mother, her dumpling and the tune she hummed while kneading the flour. Again writer make him conveniently forget his most important memories. Put him in a mental block as and when it suits the situation.....!

Seolhwa is very attractive no doubt @jayakris but why that particular gown.... ??  There's this profiling thing that a 'goody two-shoes' has the worse dress sense, as seen in her many attires in this drama. The evils  wears chic smart clothes, as seen in the three witches, MH .. NS .... loanshark.

I still feel that NS is a nasty lady, I cannot excused her tirades of offending remarks to Seolhwa before finding out that she is her daughter. And even after that she still wants to maintain her status quo, fearing her fall from a privileged lifestyle. If she was really dead serious to locate her child that many times we saw at the orphanage, she would have already anticipate the outcome of it. She cannot want to know without accepting the responsibilities that goes with it... !!! This is so inhuman .... she has to face her past with JR, and often than not the husband will forgive and accept her past mistakes. But if it is kept hidden till someone else inform him, of course he will not look kindly at the deception.  

The point of contention here is 'Lies begets more lies' ...  and usually it hurts the persons closest to you, in this case JR... Jisang .. Grandma and her very own daughter Seolhwa. With age comes wisdom one always quips, but NS behaved worse than a woman in her 20s.  Does wealth and status puts her in a bubble, feigning ignorance to her actions or inaction as in this case...? To me it is too lame a reason not to receive the punishment she so deserve. ..... banishment, or as in one drama, a long stay at the temple to do some cleansing to her soul. Loanshark should join her too ....

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

Seolhwa is very attractive no doubt @jayakris but why that particular gown.... ??  There's this profiling thing that a 'goody two-shoes' has the worse dress sense, as seen in her many attires in this drama. The evils  wears chic smart clothes, as seen in the three witches, MH .. NS .... loanshark.

True.  I was just saying that if she looks that pretty, men (at least some) may not pay attention to the gown she wears, or to the fact that it does no justice to her figure, which I believe is nothing to sneeze at, though we never got to notice it in this drama, thanks to some really useless clothes they made her wear throughout.  The only exception I remember is the black "one-piece" (like they say in Korea) she wore for the first day at work, which itself she borrowed from SeNa, iirc... So, yes, I don't disagree with you on the lack of a dress sense in her.  But some women just look great in men's eyes, whatever the heck they wear. She is like that. MH on the other hand has great figure and wears chic stuff, but doesn't really cut it.

Who knows, maybe the costume director is a T-ara kpop fan who wants to make the actress look bad!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

True.  I was just saying that if she looks that pretty, men (at least some) may not pay attention to the gown she wears, or to the fact that it does no justice to her figure, which I believe is nothing to sneeze at, though we never got to notice it in this drama, thanks to some really useless clothes they made her wear throughout.  The only exception I remember is the black "one-piece" (like they say in Korea) she wore for the first day at work, which itself she borrowed from SeNa, iirc... So, yes, I don't disagree with you on the lack of a dress sense in her.  But some women just look great in men's eyes, whatever the heck they wear. She is like that. MH on the other hand has great figure and wears chic stuff, but doesn't really cut it.

Who knows, maybe the costume director is a T-ara kpop fan who wants to make the actress look bad!

This is so true.  You don't have to be an opposite sex to like a person for who they are.  SH is beautiful as is without any make up or beautiful clothes.  Oh - the smile with the dimple will make any man fall in love with her.  On the other hand, MH, MH's mom, NS, and even DN don't fall in that category.  Madam Eun, CJ, SN are also beautiful.  Our wonderful Doc is dreamy.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, shebagirl said:

I still feel that NS is a nasty lady, I cannot excused her tirades of offending remarks to Seolhwa before finding out that she is her daughter. And even after that she still wants to maintain her status quo, fearing her fall from a privileged lifestyle. If she was really dead serious to locate her child that many times we saw at the orphanage, she would have already anticipate the outcome of it. She cannot want to know without accepting the responsibilities that goes with it... !!! This is so inhuman .... she has to face her past with JR, and often than not the husband will forgive and accept her past mistakes. But if it is kept hidden till someone else inform him, of course he will not look kindly at the deception.  

NS has been a nasty person since she was young at the orphanage, that's why a lot of the other kids didn't like her. She knows this and didn't care. NS, Papa Geum and JS' mom talked about this when they were young.  She has been fake nice for years to fit in with the Yoon family while at the same time showing her true self to JS.  She was fake nice to Seolhwa at first, then showed her hateful self after listening to MH and her mother.  People like this don't make this type of drastic change......the writer has made her completely unconcerned with the fact that fake JS is trying to grab power when that's all she was concerned with previously.  Even the way she still treated Seolhwa awful after finding out she was her daughter, then she became all loving to her now. The writer has changed her out of the blue, but I still don't like her. I have a feeling these people really won't pay for their actions.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

SH is beautiful as is without any make up or beautiful clothes.  Oh - the smile with the dimple will make any man fall in love with her.

I almost suspected that she got some surgical work done to create that dimple! :).. Probably the most pronounced dimple I have seen on any actress' face.  She certainly needs no makeup at all to look beautiful.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Our wonderful Doc is dreamy.

Oh yes, first saw him in Secret Hotel, and liked his character there. He was cheeky and playful, and I felt the pair were so funny and wanted them to be like that, not only in reel but real too. They both have very low soft, sexy tones when they speak. In this drama DrHan, is more serious and at one time a no nonsense kind of guy. After living with the Geum he changed into a more relax persona, and less stern but still lacking in his loving skills. I suppose KJH has to portray the character as such. I like his playful ways better. He is like wine, more manly as he matured with age. I watched this drama because of him. Would have left it long ago if not for him. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, shebagirl said:

Oh yes, first saw him in Secret Hotel, and liked his character there. He was cheeky and playful, and I felt the pair were so funny and wanted them to be like that, not only in reel but real too. They both have very low soft, sexy tones when they speak. In this drama DrHan, is more serious and at one time a no nonsense kind of guy. After living with the Geum he changed into a more relax persona, and less stern but still lacking in his loving skills. I suppose KJH has to portray the character as such. I like his playful ways better. He is like wine, more manly as he matured with age. I watched this drama because of him. Would have left it long ago if not for him. 

I saw him in Empress Ki.  Wonderful  acting.  I haven't watched secret hotel and may some time.  

@jayakris - Didn't know that she got the dimple done.  Is it that easy?  I know Koreans are big on beauty and translucent skin and eyes changes.  But did not know if she got work done for her dimple.  Anyway, she looks beautiful to me.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

@jayakris - Didn't know that she got the dimple done.  Is it that easy?  I know Koreans are big on beauty and translucent skin and eyes changes.  But did not know if she got work done for her dimple.  Anyway, she looks beautiful to me.  

Oh no, I was just saying it as a joke.  I have no idea if it is even possible to surgically create a dimple, though I suppose nothing is beyond the Korean plastic surgeons' abilities!...  She has such a noticeable dimple that I was just exaggerating it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I have no idea if it is even possible to surgically create a dimple, though I suppose nothing is beyond the Korean plastic surgeons' abilities!

I should have googled first. Creating a dimple seems to be an easy procedure and is called "dimpleplasty". It's a 30 minute procedure and is not too expensive - http://www.etopical.com/dimple-surgery-cost-how-much-cheek-back-creation-price/  .. What do I know? Haha!

Anyway, I don't think Ryu Hyoyoung ever got that done.  A quick check brought up this silly (I mean, really silly!) kpop song, Bbiribbom Bbaeribom, by the band called the Coed School that she was once in.  It's from some 7 years ago when she must have been 16 and at 3:35 you can see that she always had that dimple...

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I should have googled first. Creating a dimple seems to be an easy procedure and is called "dimpleplasty". It's a 30 minute procedure and is not too expensive - http://www.etopical.com/dimple-surgery-cost-how-much-cheek-back-creation-price/  .. What do I know? Haha!

Anyway, I don't think Ryu Hyoyoung ever got that done.  A quick check brought up this silly (I mean, really silly!) kpop song, Bbiribbom Bbaeribom, by the band called the Coed School that she was once in.  It's from some 7 years ago when she must have been 16 and at 3:35 you can see that she always had that dimple...

If at all I want to get anything done, this will be it.  

• Like 2

So disappointed an episode didn't air today. I was waiting to see if Dr Han would finally be able to put all the prices of information he has for over 100 episodes ago. ....tasting papa Geum's dumplings.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

So disappointed an episode didn't air today. I was waiting to see if Dr Han would finally be able to put all the prices of information he has for over 100 episodes ago. ....tasting papa Geum's dumplings.

Well none of the dailies aired today except Person who gives Happiness.  So, I guess we will have to wait for Monday (may be ?)

• Like 3

@ira2a:  Agree.  HeartDr will keep the secret although he knows Heroine wants to find her mother; he wants the girl more than the money/family.  He's a doctor!  He can transplant hearts & valves & livers & lance boils.  WHAT does he need with such a troubled family?  On the PLUS side, he has the DumplingFamily!  They are true salt-of-the-earth kinda people.  They don't have much, but they have love and ethics and morals and a mom with a truly singular hair style.   What more could one need?   Oh... social status and connections.  Forgot about those.  Yeah, they are apparently quite important in K-Society.   Now I'm not so certain what HeartDr will do to de-throne FakeSon and Viper2.  

Betcha RichDad will keep FakeSon in addition to welcoming HeartDr, his bio-son.  Everyone will live together in the RichHouse - all kum-bay-ya!  Granny will be happy with everyone serving her tea and commenting on her sewing.  Although, Faker will be outta-there, because her husband's son is married to her daughter.  Yes, it's the personification of the hillbilly joke: If I get a divorce, will my ex-wife still be my sister?"   Where is this series set, the mythical hills of Kentucky?

@jayakris:  Your romanticism is now out-of-the-closet for all to see!  Yes, Heroine looked demure and virginal.  But that was so much lace, it was the focal point. The dress was wearing the girl; NEVER a good thing.  Especially so for a bride.  It seriously looked like the girl got attacked by a table cloth and the table cloth ate everything but her head.  Now the other girl... the funniest part:  When she faked being embarrassed about her (non-existent) decollete while totally ignoring the part about her big-a$$ bucket busting the seams on that dress!  FYI - In a real wedding dress shop, NO WAY would the sales rep let her wear that size dress, it would get damaged and those dresses are very expensive.  

Need a little shopping therapy if there is no episode today (Friday), so gotta run now, Macy's is holding my on-line order.  I will deal with only three episodes next week, next week.  It all depends upon what is left of my credit line. :yum:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, watchumlots said:

@jayakris:  Your romanticism is now out-of-the-closet for all to see!  Yes, Heroine looked demure and virginal.  But that was so much lace, it was the focal point. The dress was wearing the girl; NEVER a good thing.  Especially so for a bride.  It seriously looked like the girl got attacked by a table cloth and the table cloth ate everything but her head.  Now the other girl... the funniest part:  When she faked being embarrassed about her (non-existent) decollete while totally ignoring the part about her big-a$$ bucket busting the seams on that dress!  FYI - In a real wedding dress shop, NO WAY would the sales rep let her wear that size dress, it would get damaged and those dresses are very expensive.  

Need a little shopping therapy if there is no episode today (Friday), so gotta run now, Macy's is holding my on-line order.

Haha, that's about as funny a way as one could put it.  "Table cloth attacking the girl and eating up everything but her head" is pure gold.

• Like 4