0ly40

[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

2 hours ago, ira2a said:

OK, let me throw in a monkey wrench. Let's imagine that NS will come up with a pretty good excuse for bringing the faker into the Y's family? Something along the lines:  I always thought that the real boy died in the fire because he was nowhere to be found, his mother perished in the fire and I was thinking he had gone with her. He never re-appeared in the village and nobody saw him or heard anything about him.  So when the Y's family (the grandma) came  searching for him I decided to save another boy, also an orphan ( the father was in jail), who had no mother and was living alone. I was taking care of that boy and my heart was crying because of my inability to provide for him.  I had to decide what was better for that poor boy, to live in poverty and maybe die of hunger or to bring him into a well to do family, where he would get love, warmth and a good education.  One boy was gone, but I could save the life of another boy that was still alive. I couldn't reveal he was not Y's son because of the fear that they wouldn't accept him. I am guilty of that, but that's my only crime.   Yes, I should have told you earlier about that and reveal the truth. But with years of living together we both, me and JS, came to love you all so much that I (and JS)  simply couldn't bring myself/ourselves to destroy the happiness of the whole family.  All I wanted was the peace of the family as I treasure the family above anything else. 

I suspect the grandma would buy that version, she adores JS. The JR would go with the grandma. Besides 30 years of family life is not something that can be thrown out of the door and easily forgotten about.   I also see ways for Dr.Han to coexist within that version, and the arguments for that are pretty strong.        But we'll have too see what the writers have in store for us.     

If the writers are stupi*d like that of LIDD and dish out pond scum to us, it might happen.  But aren't Koreans big on blood line and stuff.  They would want to know how she knows that JS is dead?  And even if it was the case, don't you think that grandma should have at least known about it after he grew up.  Grandma Eun adores JS now.  Wait till she knows that he is not blood, but a fake.  I want to see her throw the towel at him and get with the tantrums to kick NS to the Curb.  

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, nrlfan4ever said:

I think the decision will rest with Dr. Han.

Exactly. That's why I think my scenario allows him to have his cake and eat it too.  I wouldn't be amazed if he doesn't join the Y's family but will stay with Geums. I mean he will prefer SH over his newly found family. As he had mentioned she was his #1 priority, in other words his main decision is already made no matter how the rest of his life turns out to be. 

Frankly, the rest doesn't bother me that much. It's just the garnish to the main course. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Even though Dr.Han and JR don't know they are father and son,  they have bonded better and there is something in the air when they are together.  Both of them seem happy and delighted with each other.  They are both hard working and kind people.  They hate people like Madam Sa and keep away from them.  But with Faker, there is no bonding at all.

This is why I think it will be hard for the Chairman to forgive NS. When he thinks about how his real child suffered, a child he might have found if he had not been deceived by NS who passed SW on as real JS. What Dr. Han said in that meeting about what he went through as a child is going to hurt the Chairman and his mother--they were betrayed by NS and fake JS. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, ira2a said:

OK, let me throw in a monkey wrench. Let's imagine that NS will come up with a pretty good excuse for bringing the faker into the Y's family? Something along the lines:  I always thought that the real boy died in the fire because he was nowhere to be found, his mother perished in the fire and I was thinking he had gone with her. He never re-appeared in the village and nobody saw him or heard anything about him.  So when the Y's family (the grandma) came  searching for him I decided to save another boy, also an orphan ( the father was in jail), who had no mother and was living alone. I was taking care of that boy and my heart was crying because of my inability to provide for him.  I had to decide what was better for that poor boy, to live in poverty and maybe die of hunger or to bring him into a well to do family, where he would get love, warmth and a good education.  One boy was gone, but I could save the life of another boy that was still alive. I couldn't reveal he was not Y's son because of the fear that they wouldn't accept him. I am guilty of that, but that's my only crime.   Yes, I should have told you earlier about that and reveal the truth. But with years of living together we both, me and JS, came to love you all so much that I (and JS)  simply couldn't bring myself/ourselves to destroy the happiness of the whole family.  All I wanted was the peace of the family as I treasure the family above anything else. 

I suspect the grandma would buy that version, she adores JS. The JR would go with the grandma. Besides 30 years of family life is not something that can be thrown out of the door and easily forgotten about.   I also see ways for Dr.Han to coexist within that version, and the arguments for that are pretty strong.        But we'll have too see what the writers have in store for us.     

3 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

@ira2a That's plausible, but there's still the matter of Seol Hwa being the biological daughter of Nan Seol, the infant daughter that she abandoned. Let us say that the Yoons forgive her for bringing the faker in, but why force him to live as Joon Sang? How will they deal with the existence of Seol Hwa? NS might elect to disappear after asking Papa Geum not to let her know that she's Seol Hwa's biological mom.

I think the decision will rest with Dr. Han. After the shock of knowing that he actually did not find his biological father, and hopefully knowing the fake Joon Sang is actually Shin Woo, then later knowing how the Yoons treated his mother Jin Joo and that she died in the fire to save faker, he'll be doing some serious thoughts about his options. He might accept the truth later that he's a Yoon but due to the circumstances, will not elect to be with them even if the Yoons either disown faker and Nan Seol. NS, being the origin of the entire fiasco, is bound to be banished. Maybe, because of the length of time that the Yoons had faker, they'll just opt to send him overseas and set him up there to make another start, without the cunning viper. MH and DN will have a better life managing their own branch of Papa Geum's dumpling store. Sae Na might succeed, at last, at being a reporter. Maybe Dr. Han, Seol Hwa and Ji Sang will head the medical foundation and the PR department. Dr. Han might accept the position on the condition that he remains a Han; that being a Yoon will never be disclosed in public; that he'll make it based on his own merits and not because he's the legitimate heir.

I actually thought this discussion was really interesting.  I don't think any excuse NS gives will be plausible to the Chairman and Halmoni for passing on fake JS as the real heir. It all points back to two people who saw wealthy people and wanted to use them for their own selfish desires.  Halmoni has suspected NS of not liking the fake JS for years and that's why she's shown him extra attention. Not to mention, we can't forget how NS had her moments in earlier episodes telling the Yoons how they really don't know what JS is capable of; so I find it hard that they will think she was just concerned for this orphan boy.  Then the fact that she gave up her own child which she kept hidden from them for years, I just don't see how they could buy her story.

I tell you what wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if NS gets involved in a fatal accident, while SeolHwa is sick in the hospital and she receives NS' heart. I will admit that if the writer takes that route, it needs to happen this week or next week...:lol:, but it wouldn't surprise me. That way, it takes the taint of NS completely out of the picture and it paves the way for Seol Hwa to enter the picture as Dr. Han, real JS, wife. I can see Dr. Han deciding to get to know his real family. The Yoons who are already extremely appreciative of the Geums will be even more so knowing how they took care of their child. Dr. Han has a father and grandmother that were stolen from him; and also a brother who he has a good relationship.

I actually see fake JS leaving to live in the U.S. or another country, finally free of the burden of his lie. I also see him trying to mend the relationship with his real father before he dies.  

Madam Sa should go to prison for her hit and run and much more, I don't know if the writer will let her go. The writer has definitely changed NS so that she's not trying to protect the company from fake JS' grasp which is a 180 degree turn from where she was.

There are not many episodes left, so I hope a lot of revelations happens this week, because there has to be a healing process.

• Like 7

On 2017/4/22 at 0:59 AM, shebagirl said:

I don't think the guy shown looking at the patient in the operating room is DrHan. I hear fake voice. DrHan was informed that his father was going for the emergency op ..??

I can't be 100% certain since the quality of the clip from the preview is not very clear. But judging from the length and shape of the sideburns:), the man overlooking KPD in the O.R. should be Dr. Han.

And I don't think the faker has offered part of his liver to be transplanted to KPD (yet). He would be shown lying on a bed next to his father if he had volunteered to be his donor.

I am with @nrlfan4ever and think it is an emergency surgical procedure done to remove some cancer cells. The poor man probably suffered and passed out again after successive unannounced visits by the faker and the viper.

I'm not sure if Dr. Han donated blood, and he is a cardiothoracic surgeon.

On 2017/4/22 at 1:18 PM, lclarakl said:

The wrier just makes  Dr. Han seems extremely dense while others like MH, fake JS and even fake father catches on very quickly.

On 2017/4/22 at 3:36 AM, lclarakl said:

One last thought. I was looking at the preview and I couldn't help asking why can't Dr. Han get a clue. He finds out that the paternity/DNA test is not the right one. He sees the real one that shows they are not a match. Common sense would beg to ask, how did he get the wrong one? Better yet, whose DNA was a match with fake father? Then using his brilliant mind he would think back to finding MH in his office holding his paternity test. MH who is also married to fake JS. Fake JS who seems to have some tie with his fake father.   I think it's a little disappointing how NS has lost a lot of her scheming nature..

It's annoying how the writer seems to want to portray Dr. Han as a doctor who is suffering from selective amnesia, coupled with a decline in his IQ:blink:.

NS seems toothless and the writer has decided MH gets a shot and takes center stage, appearing out of nowhere and can be found almost everywhere.

I thought it was really mean the faker told his father never to appear before him even after his death. This was the same man who collapsed right in front of him earlier in the day! Probably from the shock of hearing the faker tell him never to drop by his company again.

The faker shown some concern when he dropped by at the hospital to ask SH about the condition of KPD. However, he was still more concerned to find out if KPD has said anything (the fact that he is the real KSW etc) unfavorable about him.

SH didn't have to provide him with all the information he needs to hear, she only asked "Why are you asking?" but told him anyway about his need for surgery.

SH is aware of how the faker diminished Dr. Han's credibility in front of the board of directors and saw how coldly he behaved with KPD when they met at the lobby.

He is definitely not the same JS-sshi she knows in the beginning.

MH is a nasty POW and she has the nerve to call KPD a lowlife. She is pure scum and has no decorum. The "lowlife" she called at least has a conscience and told the faker he should not live the life of the real YJS. He also told MH the witch that there are no secrets in this world.

But the silly woman insisted he keeps his mouth shut and to pretend to live as Dr. Han's father knowing little a DNA test conducted by the hospital would bring her little scheme of switching the paternity test results to light. MH's attempt to put the final nail in the coffin is going to fail big time.

And who is MH to go around demanding and commanding people around her what to do?!:angry: She needs to deal with her own messy life!!

KPD is fully aware Dr. Han is the son of the kind 'ahjumma' who died in the fire. Let's hope he comes clean and tell Dr. Han exactly what he knows without mincing a word.

The faker needs to confess now or else he is going to end up looking really bad now that another DNA test pointed out KPD and Dr. Han are not related.

On a different note, what's with the hideous dress the viper was wearing? It looked like scraps taken from a tablecloth sewn together to make a dress. Also what's the hype with her coat dresses?

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

I thought it was really mean the faker told his father never to appear before him even after his death. This was the same man who collapsed right in front of him earlier in the day! Probably from the shock of hearing the faker tell him never to drop by his company again.

@sk0317 A part of me can understand fake JS' resentment of his father considering that he was abused as a child. However, as one grows into adulthood, you're able to reason on things as an adult that may not have been possible as a child. JS has only been shown love for over 20 years with the Yoons. He's observed his father interact with Dr Han, even seen him buy chocolate for 'his son', and heard him quickly tell others that he wasn't as good to his son growing up as he should have been. The adult JS should have been able to reason that his father is a different man. I too thought it was very mean to tell a dying man, who is repentant of his actions, don't every appear before him again. You would have thought that JS was abused his whole life. He's even angry with his father for leaving him under the loving care of Dr. Han's mother.

44 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

MH is a nasty POW and she has the nerve to call KPD a lowlife. She is pure scum and has no decorum. The "lowlife" she called at least has a conscience and told the faker he should not live the life of the real YJS. He also told MH the witch that there are no secrets in this world.

I couldn't believe that MH had the nerve to call KPD a lowlife; especially after all her mother has done. Chairman Yoon said that KPD's crime had been 'minor' crimes. Of course, MH doesn't know all her mothers crimes--that she's the one that hit Dr. Han. Not only that, MH herself is lowlife and on the verge of losing everything once her lies catch up to her.

48 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

On a different note, what's with the hideous dress the viper was wearing? It looked like scraps taken from a tablecloth sewn together to make a dress. Also what's the hype with her coat dresses?

Okay, it wasn't just me. I was wondering who the styles is for this drama.:lol:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@sk0317 A part of me can understand fake JS' resentment of his father considering that he was abused as a child. However, as one grows into adulthood, you're able to reason on things as an adult that may not have been possible as a child. JS has only been shown love for over 20 years with the Yoons. He's observed his father interact with Dr Han, even seen him buy chocolate for 'his son', and heard him quickly tell others that he wasn't as good to his son growing up as he should have been. The adult JS should have been able to reason that his father is a different man. I too thought it was very mean to tell a dying man, who is repentant of his actions, don't every appear before him again. You would have thought that JS was abused his whole life. He's even angry with his father for leaving him under the loving care of Dr. Han's mother.

Me too. I can understand the faker's sentiments when he told his father he won't forgive him. His father knows he doesn't deserve his son's forgiveness after all the atrocious abuses he threw at the poor boy when he was young.

It was the advertisement in the papers KPD saw that made him decide to take a risk knowing he doesn't have very long on this earth. It was his only wish to say he is really sorry for unreasonable way he handled his own child while drunk.

The faker is really hurt but torn. His emotions, feelings and mood swing like a pendulum when it comes to matters concerning his dad. He told the mean witch no matter what or how bad his father was, he is still his father. The faker just doesn't want his front exposed and is unconsciously siding with MH to continue to hide his imposter identity.

But we can tell he is still concerned and worried about how KPD is doing after his reappearance. The faker needs a rude wake up call to put him back on track to being the nice guy in the beginning of this drama.

He might donate part of his liver to KPD or like you say, make peace with his dying father before the poor man perishes.

The faker doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that his father has come back a changed man. He stalks, watches KPD's footage and asks about his condition. His actions show his concern for his father although he doesn't want to admit it.

The faker really needs to fess up if there is an iota of decency left in him. Otherwise, he should be held accountable (to a lesser degree) along with MH, NS and Madam Sa for their crimes. He already knows Dr. Han is the missing playmate from Namwon and is the son of the kind lady who took him in, fed and clothed him. She even gave up her own precious life while trying to protect and save him from the fire.

I couldn't believe that MH had the nerve to call KPD a lowlife; especially after all her mother has done. Chairman Yoon said that KPD's crime had been 'minor' crimes. Of course, MH doesn't know all her mothers crimes--that she's the one that hit Dr. Han. Not only that, MH herself is lowlife and on the verge of losing everything once her lies catch up to her.

JR was quick and wise to run a background check on KPD after the faker told everyone at the board meeting about KPD's not so glorious past.

JR's concern was KPD's possible connection to a financial crime or the like. JR was "relieved" to know KPD was caught and served time for petty crimes.

Considering someone as petite as MH, I find her really strong! She could push and break away from the two creditors and KPD without breaking a sweat. 

MH is simply blind like a bat because she fails to see and thinks her mother's profession was excusable as it brought them wealth.

I can't wait for the witch to find out her mother was the one who plowed down her ex-fiance and discouraged her from pursuing the real heir apparent after he suffered from memory loss.

The psycho MH would probably scream and hit the roof when her own gangster mama's list of misdeeds come to light.

Okay, it wasn't just me. I was wondering who the styles is for this drama.:lol:

:lol: I'm glad I wasn't alone! I was hoping it's the actress's own wardrobe and if so she needs to engage the help of a stylist. I think MH looked better before marrying into the Yoon's.

I get frumpy and dowdy, like the pinafore dress SH wore that made her looked like someone behind a checkout counter. But that dress MH was wearing was something quite unforgettable:lol:. I think Madam Sa looks well put together in general.

On a different note, KBS might have their own sponsors when dressing and styling their cast. I notice the sweatshirt worn by the Byun Mi-Young character in "My Father is Strange" yesterday was similar to the one worn by the Oh Eun Soo character in "The Shining Eun Soo".

• Like 5

@sk0317 and @lclarakl I agree with your posts.

On 4/23/2017 at 4:33 AM, lclarakl said:

This is why I think it will be hard for the Chairman to forgive NS. When he thinks about how his real child suffered, a child he might have found if he had not been deceived by NS who passed SW on as real JS. What Dr. Han said in that meeting about what he went through as a child is going to hurt the Chairman and his mother--they were betrayed by NS and fake JS. 

The Yoon's will never buy any type of lie or fabrication on why NS brought in a child she did not first verify was their blood or assumed it would be ok to bring in a child that lived next door to JJ and JS instead of telling them the truth that she assumed the real JS was dead like his mother. There was no reason for SW to live as JS if she was trying to give an orphan a helping hand. Her bringing him to that house presenting him as the long lost grandson speaks of deceit. NS could have said I am not sure but he was around the same age and in the area at the time of the fire. But I do not believe she did that. The way Faker was presented was as she had seen the real JS and this was him. That either she was a friend of JS's or lived close to her to know the boy. That contradicts any other scenario that she could come up with as to why they have a fake in their mist.

On 4/23/2017 at 5:02 AM, lclarakl said:

I actually thought this discussion was really interesting.  I don't think any excuse NS gives will be plausible to the Chairman and Halmoni for passing on fake JS as the real heir. It all points back to two people who saw wealthy people and wanted to use them for their own selfish desires.  Halmoni has suspected NS of not liking the fake JS for years and that's why she's shown him extra attention. Not to mention, we can't forget how NS had her moments in earlier episodes telling the Yoons how they really don't know what JS is capable of; so I find it hard that they will think she was just concerned for this orphan boy.  Then the fact that she gave up her own child which she kept hidden from them for years, I just don't see how they could buy her story.

I tell you what wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if NS gets involved in a fatal accident, while SeolHwa is sick in the hospital and she receives NS' heart. I will admit that if the writer takes that route, it needs to happen this week or next week...:lol:, but it wouldn't surprise me. That way, it takes the taint of NS completely out of the picture and it paves the way for Seol Hwa to enter the picture as Dr. Han, real JS, wife. I can see Dr. Han deciding to get to know his real family. The Yoons who are already extremely appreciative of the Geums will be even more so knowing how they took care of their child. Dr. Han has a father and grandmother that were stolen from him; and also a brother who he has a good relationship.

I actually see fake JS leaving to live in the U.S. or another country, finally free of the burden of his lie. I also see him trying to mend the relationship with his real father before he dies.  

Madam Sa should go to prison for her hit and run and much more, I don't know if the writer will let her go. The writer has definitely changed NS so that she's not trying to protect the company from fake JS' grasp which is a 180 degree turn from where she was.

There are not many episodes left, so I hope a lot of revelations happens this week, because there has to be a healing process.

The Yoon's are not stupid and once it is found out that Faker is not JS but in fact SW the neighbors kid and KPD's son they will realize they have been duped for over 25+ years. That it all started with NS coming to them and then bringing them a child they failed to verify with a picture or something in the area to see if he was the right child. (Of course given that SW stayed with JJ as well he could have been mistaken for the real JS but there would have been at least someone who would have recognized SW and said no he is the neighbors child that JJ took in when his father was in trouble.)  The sense of betrayal at NS's lies will be great. Also just as you mentioned above about NS's comments about JS and how they do not know what he is capable of and her cold resentment and harshness will all make sense. I guess they never thought her behavior and words towards faker were due to him not being the real son of JJ. I still think NS would have been the same way to the real JS because she is a greedy , conniving person who wanted only her son to inherit.

It would be an interesting scenario if NS was gravely injured and her heart ends up in her daughter. It would clean up all the back drama over her having a daughter that she gave away and remove any road blocks that the Yoon's dare to have over Dr. Han and Seol Hwa's relationship due to NS being JR's wife. Given that Seol Hwa is having a twinges again I look to a huge shock hitting her system. Not sure if it will be her own birth secret , Dr. Han's or the objection from the elders once the truth of who her mother is will do it but I think it would be a good price to pay for NS for what she has done not only to the Yoon's , JJ, and the real JS, but also to her own daughter and Papa Geum who raised her daughter but she lied to about JJ's whereabouts. I think it would be less painful for Ji-Sang if his mother perished and her heart ended up in his half sister than her being banished or going to jail.

I too can see SW going to the states in the end starting over. There will be a lot of shame for him over what he did once he wakes up and goes back to the guilt he felt for years at deceiving those people. He will not be able to look Dr. Han or Seol Hwa in the face after the truth comes out. Plus it will take a bit of time for anyone to consider forgiving him for keeping that secret and then plotting to keep Dr. Han from finding his family.

Like the both of you I can understand Faker's resentment and anger at his father, but at the same time as mentioned by many in this thread faker has had years to move past it. I agree I think he has a lot of resentment at living a life not his own and not being able to enjoy that warmth and love given to him and at Dr. Han for coming back realizing he is the real JS.  He has had the love and comfort of Madam Eun for years. He should be very thankful for that and as some have mentioned in this thread give back the kindness and love he received even if they were unaware he was not who he was suppose to be. The first step to making peace and letting go of the hurtful past is to forgive his father even if his heart is not ready yet. That is more for him then for his father at this point. His father will have to continue to deal with what he did to his own son even if he has changed and realizes his mistakes. Those types of things leave deep wounds as we see.

I too want to hope that faker wakes up and does the right thing. Because as it stands now he is on the path to be tainted with the same evil brush as NS, MH, and Madam Sa. He will not be able to truly explain why he did what he did in keeping the truth when he realized who Dr. Han was. JR will quickly get why faker changed so much and was so confrontational to Dr. Han and it was because he was JR's real son and faker knew it feeling threatened and scared of exposure. What excuses does faker give then? The same ones he told his father? That he tried hard to be the real JS to not go back to the life he had prior to coming there? He lived on egg shells due to living a lie? That he did not want to give up that love and family he found based on lies?

What can he say in the face of JR yelling about how his lies kept his real son from coming home and living the life that Dr. Han led and had to endure? Will he make the mistake of saying his trials in his youth were much more important than the ones Dr. Han endured? Or will he speak of his fear of loosing the family he grew to care about and feared once they found their blood they would want to get rid of him the impostor who lied to them for years? Whatever it will be it will make sense to JR why he never felt a connection to faker. Or why he could not understand him at all. But it will hurt him that they had someone in their house all those years who was a fake. Who they gave love, care, support and made sure had everything money could buy while his real son was out in the world. Imagine the enormity of realizing a fake was in their mist. He could get a pass before as we stated because NS cooked up this plot and brought him in. But after he grew of age he had the chance to come clean which would explain to them why he was so distant through the years. His sudden desire to do his job in the company is nothing but a red flag for JR when the truth comes out.

I am not sure where NS's brain went or why she can't see that MH is not that sweet woman she thought of. MH even challenged her in front of Madam Eun about her being in support of Dr. Han. At what point does she need to get that Faker's changes are stemming from his marriage to MH and that MH is dangerous? I guess when she realizes or is told that Dr. Han is the real JS and that her promoting her daughter (yes, MH knows that fact too, NS along with the fact that NS put a fake in the family) to be with him could be problematic.

Also I am sorry but I just can't stand NS asking after Seol Hwa. She is a mass of contradictions. If she wanted to know about her daughters life then she should not have chosen to keep it a secret. I think anytime she asks she should receive the same response from Papa G that Dr. Han gave her. Not to worry about Seol Hwa or inquire after her. That she is well taken care of and is not her concern.

@sk0317 and @lclarakl

The eyes under the surgery garb are Dr. Han. In the preview we see a scene with Dr. Han on the phone and a we hear a voice over saying that KPD has lost consciousness. Then we hear Fakers voice as he may have come to the hospital or was seeking Dr. Han only to be told that Dr.Han's "father" was in surgery. Then we see Dr. Han sitting outside the OR waiting for news. My guess is that scene is prolly after he has rechecked the DNA results and confronted KPD on his lie. We see Seol Hwa standing over KPD in his hospital room with a voice over for him to wake up to tell Dr. Han why he lied to him.

MH has a great fall coming her way. Her delusions of being wronged and thinking she has a right to plot and steal what she has no right too will only cause her own family to be exposed for their crimes. Her finding out what her mother did to Dr. Han and to her will be the only way for her to wake up and realize the path she took and the people she hated and felt made her look like a fool were really herself and her mother.

It is not just the two of you that black table cloth dress they had MH in was awful. I am not sure where they got it. The dress looked 5 times too big. Not sure what they were thinking or why she would need to wear something like that as her "At Home" clothing. But the stylist failed on that wardrobe choice.

I also agree that Seol Hwa given how Faker is acting towards Dr. Han at work should not be giving such detailed information about KPD to the man. Fakers being too concerned should raise red flags but I guess it will not for her until he is exposed as KPD's real son.

• Like 8

Lol on the discussions over the wardrobe. In the beginning, viper was wearing nicer clothes in brighter colors, but when she married the faker, her clothes became frumpy and recently the colors are darker. Is it because her character is getting darker as well? SHf used to wear WTH clothes. She was into black, white, gray and beige that made her look washed out. Nan Seol used to wear those winter colors as well. Now, when she's no longer going to her Westwood office, her clothes have become brighter. Even JR's pullovers and some of his shirts have colored patterns in brighter hues. The other changes in the wardrobe could be due to the length of the drama - their clothes covered fall, winter, spring and summer seasons, so there were style changes. Well, maybe it's because as I thought, the Westwood sponsorship has expired that is why Nan Seol no longer goes to her office and there are no scenes where they show the showroom and shop.

On to other topics. In the preview, Dr. Han was shown wearing OR robe, surgical mask and cap. He's maybe in the operating room as an observer, since he used to be a surgeon there at Daehan Hospital and he has the qualifications to observe. Or it could be at the ICU where he needs to wear sanitized clothes, although it should be white, or whatever...anyways. But then there's also a scene where Seol Hwa visited KPD and praying the he'll wake up so he could explain what happened to Seok Hoon. Since none of Dr. Han's antigens matched KPD, it is really possible that they removed some cancer cells to prolong his life and do another round of chemo after the surgery. He cannot donate part of his liver, so they have to wait for a donor. Who knows, maybe KSW will have a change of heart and be an anonymous donor, since he knows that he'll match KPD's antigens. Where he'll do it, I don't know. Writers will perform another miracle.

Mrs. Sa is itching to do something to "help" her equally slimy daughter. She's always listening to the conversations of DN and MH. Hope her motor mouth will let spill some secrets that will truly "help" viper, hahaha. Wait 'til she fully releases her wrath on you, Mrs. Sa for completely ruining all her plans.

• Like 7

Even though I can sympathize with the Faker about the abuse he had as a child, it is too late now since he did not tell the Yoons that he was NOT their biological child.  If they knew about it, they might have searched for that child.

Faker treating his father so curtly is understandable, but despicable on the Faker's part.  Faker is a well grown man now, but lives in the mind / body of a 6 year old child.  From his perspective, he did nothing wrong  smooching off of Dr. Han's mom (love).  Kids are very sensitive to parents offering love to other kids.  They don't want them to do that.  Even Dr. Han showed that characteristic.  For the Faker, it feels better for him to think of JJ as HIS mom instead of his friends mom which would throw him in a plethora of emotional thorns.  Even though I do not give into crocodile tears, I feel that the Fake is having a love - hate relationship towards himself.  But he does not have the guts to out himself.  He is been a victim of trauma for the last 30 years even though he is a grown man, he is child inside.  He tries to make decisions and gives in when threatened.  He had a chance to get out of this quagmire of a cesspool, when the families met at the restaurant. He tried to get strong with NS, but when he found out that MH knows about it and can out him, he gave it.   But he wanted to save himself first and his so called family that he stole.  He hid himself in the booze and did not talk about it even with his so called family - even when asked by JR, he coiled himself to his inner child.  All his life he has been living as a victim or a perpetrator (forcing SH to marry him).  

As @lclarakl and @sk0317 have talked about MH accusing KPD as a lowlife is just of reflection of her being a low life.  Even though she does not know what crimes KPD did due to living a hard life ( and probably ditched by his wife, being a drinker and abusing his son ) - she is projecting herself as the lowlife.  She hated whatever her mom was doing and turned a blind eye, because deep in her mind, she saw for what her mother was a low life.  She knows that lot of people talk about her behind her back and so she takes it out on KPD who is suffering pangs about himself for what he did.  So, she pushed him down as she would feel good about herself (she is not a low life , but KPD is).  What is she actually doing right now.  She married a criminal's son by blackmailing him.  She herself is a criminal's daughter.  Remember how she was when fighting with the ladies from whom her mother stole.  She was flabbergasted that what she stole (Fake JS )  was not worth its price or the effort that she put into.  Stealing the life of someone else is still stealing and the actions of a low life.  NOW she has to hold on to it.  Otherwise all her efforts will go to waste and she will be branded as a low life again.  Since MH did not have to lead a lousy life because of her mom stealing others hard earned money and make a living for her two children, and actually not seeing that it was wrong, she is still living in that quagmire of the cesspool of a low life.  If she accepts it, her ego, pride and everything that she has worked for will be broken or obliterated.  Same as her mother - the original low life.  

In the preview we see Dr. Han trying to find out if the test results were accurate.  And questioning Faker's father.  I liked seeing how Angry Dr. Han is.  He should be furious.  I hope they don't drag this revelation too long.  

Today , I am not able to completely decide if I want to like him / hate him (Faker) for all the things he has done.  I do like Dr. Han for so well put both in his behavior and his acting especially being a doctor and caring for someone and at the same time angry since he duped him.  But I think Dr. Han will forgive KPD since the root of the problem that was caused was by MH changing the test results and as he logically checks out each and every path, it leads him to MH and Fake.  

• Like 6

On 4/22/2017 at 7:14 AM, angelwingssf said:

I seem to like the Korean Language.  The way it is written seems weird sometimes.  Not like English I would say.  Everything is added up or down a letter or consonant and makes a different word.  Just like many other asian languages.

Any good books?

@angelwingssf, I am probably the wrong guy to ask.  I started learning Korean just by watching dramas (starting with Dong Yi several years ago). The only book I ever referred to, to learn the language was a travel guide for Korea, that had some 10 pages of basic Korean.  Then I started slowly picking up the details by observing how the lines are built, the grammar, the way the Korean tongue works (especially on the serious effects of any nasal consonants) and all kinds of things.  It was fun doing that, and I could learn the language without being affected by the biases that you get when you are taught by people with other native tongues (or Korean native speakers who write English; both equally bad)... But it is a very slow process to do it the way I learned.  My South Indian native tongue has the exact same structure as Korean (and curiously a bunch of common words too - the reason for the connection still not understood by language researchers), so that added more fun to the "detective style" of language learning I followed...  But I can tell you that you can indeed learn it by yourself from watching a lot of dramas, and maybe referring to some basic grammar books or online pages as you go --- but only if you have extreme patience and stay determined to learn it, though. It can get frustrating.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

@angelwingssf, I am probably the wrong guy to ask.  I started learning Korean just by watching dramas (starting with Dong Yi several years ago). The only book I ever referred to, to learn the language was a travel guide for Korea, that had some 10 pages of basic Korean.  Then I started slowly picking up the details by observing how the lines are built, the grammar, the way the Korean tongue works (especially on the serious effects of any nasal consonants) and all kinds of things.  It was fun doing that, and I could learn the language without being affected by the biases that you get when you are taught by people with other native tongues (or Korean native speakers who write English; both equally bad)... But it is a very slow process to do it the way I learned.  My South Indian native tongue has the exact same structure as Korean (and curiously a bunch of common words too - the reason for the connection still not understood by language researchers), so that added more fun to the "detective style" of language learning I followed...  But I can tell you that you can indeed learn it by yourself from watching a lot of dramas, and maybe referring to some basic grammar books or online pages as you go --- but only if you have extreme patience and stay determined to learn it, though. It can get frustrating.

What native mother tongue are you referring to ?

• Like 1

Today is a good episode. I can't finish watching, but it's about time Dr. Han starts using his brain .

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

It is not just the two of you that black table cloth dress they had MH in was awful. I am not sure where they got it. The dress looked 5 times too big. Not sure what they were thinking or why she would need to wear something like that as her "At Home" clothing. But the stylist failed on that wardrobe choice.

I agree with your post @Ldy Gmerm:).

That house dress should not even be banished to the attic; it should be burned on a bonfire:lol:.

21 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

Lol on the discussions over the wardrobe. In the beginning, viper was wearing nicer clothes in brighter colors, but when she married the faker, her clothes became frumpy and recently the colors are darker. Is it because her character is getting darker as well? SHf used to wear WTH clothes. She was into black, white, gray and beige that made her look washed out. Nan Seol used to wear those winter colors as well. Now, when she's no longer going to her Westwood office, her clothes have become brighter. Even JR's pullovers and some of his shirts have colored patterns in brighter hues. The other changes in the wardrobe could be due to the length of the drama - their clothes covered fall, winter, spring and summer seasons, so there were style changes. Well, maybe it's because as I thought, the Westwood sponsorship has expired that is why Nan Seol no longer goes to her office and there are no scenes where they show the showroom and shop.

:lol: The color tone and change in MH's clothes' preference are perhaps an expectation of things to come - viewers get to see more of her nastiness and ruthlessness.

It looks like bell and trumpet sleeves are in this spring in SK.

Did the sudden announcement of the doomed wedding of MH and the faker cause sales and performance to plummet in Westwood?:blink:

NS was celebrating the opening of her second store when a reporter engaged by the deplorable MH, bombarded her with questions to address the rumor of an imminent wedding for the ill fated couple.

On a different note, here's a clip I found on YouTube:

Na Jong Chan somewhat reminds me of the Taiwan-based American singer and actor, Peter Ho:).

9 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

Today is a good episode. I can't finish watching, but it's about time Dr. Han starts using his brain .

Did you watch it 'live'?:)

• Like 4

Dr. han, performed the operation "father"
He began to guess who the real son

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, takanome89 said:

Dr. han, performed the operation "father"
He began to guess who the real son

Hate i had to miss that scene, but all I can say is it's about time!

@sk0317, Yes I was watching live but had to head off to work.

• Like 5

Quick recap:

Spoiler

Dr, Han is stunned at the results that his dr. friend shows him.

KPD who just had a visit from the dragon lady is upset over what she said to him telling him to live as Dr. Han's father and not make trouble for his son.

Dr. Han goes to KPD's room meeting the evil viper in the hall and she is busted at even being there in the hospital in first place tries to act like she was concerned for his father. (Really why would you even come MH and on that floor?) Dr. Han ignores her and goes around her causing her to wonder if he knows perhaps or what is wrong with him. (Not yet, but he is getting there now he just can't stand the look of you MH and does not know why you are at the hospital to see his so called father!)

Faker in his office on the phone (smoozing board members maybe to vote for him?) when Viper comes in to asks him about gathering stocks in her worry about the truth coming out.

Dr. Han comes in to the room subdued and KPD is nervous and shifty and saying sorry and trying to make like he was mistaken before and Dr. Han asks him something and he replies. Dr. Han turns away and he has a determined look on his face as he did not believe none of the BS that KPD just tried to give him. He has flashes of KPD's outburst about not being his father and all the other times he acted strange and weird.

With the realization that he is not the son of KPD.  Dr. Han gets smart enough to go to the DNA testing center he sent in his samples to verify the results from the hospital. He even takes the switch copy with him. The tech gives him a copy of the results which match what he has found out at the hospital. He then shows the tech the copy he has and the tech tells him that is not his test and apologizes for the mix up assuming it was their fault very puzzled at how it could have happened. And assures Dr. Han that the results he now hold are his true DNA results. Dr. Han then starts thinking and he remembers MH in his office with the envelope in her hand guesses she prolly changed the results but does not understand why as of yet.

Dr. Han goes to the company to look for MH and misses her in the office and blows past Seol Hwa who comes in calling out to him. He meets MH in the hall ways saying something to her about why she was at the hospital but the Viper pretends not to understand or get why he has found her to talk about such things. Dr. Han leaves and MH wonders what it was about and could he some how know.

MH makes a mistake and goes running over to her mothers to talk about Dr. Han and her mother wonders if he has found out the truth perhaps. They talk up their plan to continue to keep Dr. Han from finding out the truth I think. (does she not work.. why is she at her MOTHERS!!) and deal with how they will still profit if the truth comes out.

Dr. Han goes back to the hospital and comes to KPD's room as KPD as KPD is trying to make a run for it and he wants to know why he lied to him. KPD is crying and trying to make excuses which has only angered Dr. Han more until he is yelling at him WHY, WHY did he lie to him about being his father as Seol Hwa comes in. Dr. Han is beyond angry and storms out after saying something to KPD who is crying on the love seat in his room at being busted and knowing he has done wrong to this man.

Seol Hwa follows him to the hallway to talk to him about what has happen and Dr. Han is very agitated and mad at being made a fool of by KPD perhaps. Dr. Han gets the call that KPD has collapsed and goes to talk to the dr. friend who tells him the urgent news that KPD needs a kidney transplant now and since he is not a match they are not sure where to find it possibly.

Dr. Han goes to check on KPD with Seol Hwa and he talks to her about what he has found out and the fact that KPD has lied to him and is not his father. KPD starts coughing up blood and Dr. Han rolls him over so he wont choke and his dr. friend rushes in to tell him that they will need to do the surgery pronto as they found a liver donor but no doctor to perform the surgery. And Can will Dr. Han do it. Dr. Han looks at his hand with KPD's blood on it and is apprehensive but Seol Hwa takes his hand (yes, with the blood on it) and encourages him that he can do it.

Seol Hwa makes a call to the Geum's to give them a status report. ( I do not think she told them all of it. Not sure.) Telling them they will stay the night with KPD to watch over him.

While this is going on the next board meeting will be taking place the next day..

Next Morning, MH tries to give faker a tie playing the good wife.. but Faker ignores it and continues to tie the one he chose. MH says something to him on his rebuff and he just looks at her and walks out.

Meanwhile downstairs NS is helping JR get dressed as well talking about what will happen today..

NS meets faker as he is leaving and says something to him about being greedy for more than the director spot and he fires back at her about her not hoping for Dr. Han and Seol Hwa's happiness and leaves. (yes, he is jealous and angry that NS supports Dr. Han and wants him with Seol Hwa.)

JR talks to faker in his office relating to the board meeting and maybe about why he was so hard on him and his over competitiveness with Dr. Han and he did it so he would not look bad to the board. He tells Faker to accept whatever the outcome will be.

JR is told that they are unable to reach Dr. Han for that board meeting and JR is wondering where he is perhaps since it is not like him. He tells his assistant to find him.

Dr. Han prepares for surgery putting on his gloves and asks for the scalpel from the nurse and starts his cut. We see him hold the liver to be placed into KPD.

JR and Faker are walking down the hall to meet the other board members to go into the meeting when the assistant comes running up and tells him that Dr. Han's father is about to have surgery and Dr. Han is the one performing it perhaps. Faker has a shocked and stunned look on his face as he hears it and JR remarks how they perhaps can't have the meeting with Dr. Han dealing with that and JR looks at Faker wondering why he is looking like that and they walk off.

Faker in shock passes MH in the hallway who grabs his sleeve trying to stop him and find out what is going on wonders what is wrong with him. He ignores her and leaves and she calls the office to find out what has happened.

Meanwhile Faker has made his way to stalk the hallway outside the OR. He sees Seol Hwa waiting for news then Dr. Han comes out and she gets up to asks how is KPD and he says it went well. He happens to see faker lurking at the doors out the corner of his eye and faker catches sight of him and runs off with Dr. Han in hot pursuit and calls out to him asking him why is he there and says "are you"...

The end.

Preview:

Dr. Han says something to Faker who turns away at the hospital to go sit in his car and thinks that Dr. Han does not know the truth yet with a sigh of relief. Seol Hwa says something in the voice over about KPD  not being Dr. Han's father. KPD is shown in ICU perhaps recovering and Dr. Han standing over looking at him. Madam Sa finds out that Dr. Han not being KPD's son and and bugs MK and DN.

Looks like NS has finally seen the viper in MH as she is shown saying something to MH about ignoring what she sees and hears in that house and walking off and MH looking after her remarking on something. Dr. Han is on the phone perhaps calling out faker as MH lurks listening with a voice over saying that Dr. Han knows about KPD. Faker walks up to Dr. Han who is waiting for him and looks at him and we hear Dr. Han in the voice saying maybe Joon Sang. (perhaps to imply perhaps Faker is the real son.)

Dr. Han is close to figuring out who is the real son of KPD.. Hopefully he will realize he is the real YJS too.

Video credit MBCdrama youtube channel.

Great Episode.. Dr. Han's brain is back to working on who could be KPD's real son and why the lies and he performs surgery..

Note: recap is only my impression of the scenes.. It is not a true translation...

I can't wait for the trans for this episode though..

• Like 8

@Ldy Gmerm Thank you for the recap.  Thank god , our doctor's brain has started working.  I don't understand how these dramas make them dull just because they are in a state of love, shock or some other emotion, the brain cells of these individual just die away and the villans are always think on their feet.

• Like 5

@Ldy Gmerm, a few more clarifications on the story today.

Spoiler

MH didn't tell Dr. Han at the hospital that she was there to see KPD but that she had to see some Dr. Kim and have lunch with him. She said "I hear your dad is now admitted here?" though.

The DNA test guy told Dr. Han that the code number on the matched-test result Dr. Han showed him was different, and was of another test done there.  Dr. Han asked who did it, and the technician said he couldn't release that info.  He said they had never made a mistake in sending the results out properly, but apologized saying he was confused about what happened here.  Dr. Han is shown in his car, thinking how his case can be the first time this happened, and remembering MH in his office.

The "why WHY?" yelling from Dr. Han was specifically on "why do you keep trying to escape? WHY?". He had asked KPD if MH had put him to doing the whole show right from the beginning.  KPD said no, and that he had come to know that Dr. Han was not the son "geunyang" ("just like that", "just somehow").  And when he talked to SH in the elevator hallway, he was not angry at KPD but was telling SH that he thought KPD had switched the results.  He wasn't that mad at KPD, and had figured out that MH had a hand in this whole thing. (I expected them to show SHf remembering seeing a flustered viper walking out of Dr. Han's office that day, but they didn't)

In the preview, we hear SH asking Dr.Han, "Joon Sang? Why was he here?" and the Faker saying (as he gets into his car) - "That's right. He doesn't know. He wouldn't know".  So it seems like he probably explained it away as "The directors meeting was postponed as your dad was in surgery; so I thought it must be serious and came to check" or something...

One other thing - The viper asked the faker about how much stocks he owns in the company and to round it all up just in case - "there is no guarantee that KPD will keep the secret for ever, right?".  Yeah the viper is seriously getting concerned that this isn't going the way she wanted.

This was a good episode.  I wish they had shown Dr. Han thinking - "but the real son has to be around and the dad and son (and MH) must know who it is too, for there to be a matching result on a DNA test!".  But no, the writer will show that Dr. Han has selective slow down of brain cells!

My favorite scene today was when Dr. Han looked at his hand after being asked to do the surgery and SH holding it and simply looking at him without a word, to reassure him that he can do it. Nicely done.

• Like 7

@jayakris

Thanks for giving a bit more clarification..

The sad thing is MH does not feel an ounce of remorse for keeping Dr. Han from his family. I know that this is due to him wanting to leave her at the alter to go and talk to the man who claimed to be his father. For her since he wanted to run to KPD then he should keep him as his father!. Of course another part of it is due to the fact she married the fake while finding out Dr. Han is the real deal.

As KPD warned MH no secret stays hidden forever. And it has been proven very true if not for his kidney issues the DNA test would never have come up again and KPD would have just tried to run away with Dr. Han wondering what was going on frantic to find the man he thought was his father. But fate stepped in as MH did not fore see a new DNA test would need to be done or that it would lead Dr. Han finding out the truth and going to verify the first and realize that the one he had that MH left is for the real son of KPD altogether.

Today shows that Dr. Han realizes if there is another test done using DNA from KPD that is a match to the man that means that MH has to know who the person is perhaps and it leads to her having switch those test and trying to hide who the real person is. It really should not be hard for Dr. Han to narrow down who it could be. The greatest suspect should be Faker given that he caught KPD even calling Faker the son's name. I hope that the writer does not make Dr. Han go stupid again and not see the clues right in front of his face. MH's presence in his office and on his desk with the DNA results in her hands, Fakers reactions to KPD, KPD calling Faker SW, KPD saying he is not the father to Dr. Han along with his nervous and shifty behavior. Not to mention Faker showing up at the hospital after the operation. All those things point to who the real SW is which will be very shocking to Dr. Han given how Faker has been acting at the company recently. But also how faker dared to not show one ounce of care at the man's serious health issues no matter the past relationship but also daring to push KPD on him and use him at the company to hurt him.

My guess Dr. Han will either know or have his suspicions and he will put the pieces together and possibly not say anything but will get mad enough at what Faker tried to want to fight for that Presidency until Faker realizes and says sorry to him.

I knew Dr. Han would not be far to realize MH's part in things. Every time you see her around she just screams suspicious and evil. Given how she lied to him and tried to trick him before it was not a big jump.

My favorite scene today as well was Seol Hwa's quiet support of Dr. Han that his hand is well enough to perform the surgery. I think this will be exactly what Dr. Han needed to get back into practicing again. I think he was scared to see if his hand would hold up. The road block has been removed.

MH i figured would get to the point of wanting to know how much stock Faker has. Because she will want to do a hostile take over or push faker into doing it when things are about to be blown up and the truth found out he is not the real JS. IF faker goes this route then he truly has lost his mind. But I have a feeling just when MH thinks she has it made and they will win Faker will turn the tables on her as he has regained his mind and realizes he has done wrong. Perhaps Dr. Han will confront him and tell him he forgives him for living his life understanding. Or to continue to live that life he has his own. Either way I think faker in the end will stick it to MH who will go down in blazing glory for her part in things.

• Like 6