czakhareina

[Current Drama | 2017] My Secret Romance | 애타는 로맨스 Premier on April17 at OCN | Mon & Tues 9PM KST

1,096 posts in this topic

Posted

I like romcom. Glad I'm here earlier than the other series I watch previously. :) 

7 people like this

Posted

Finally done watchin ep 1 n 2 back to back

Such a very easy watch and the 1 h breeze by really fast. An eye opener for me is that Ji Eun is very natural, she inhabits her character effortlessly n does not feel like an idol actress or being green. Definitely keeping an eye out for her. That n Sung Hoon seems to b in his element with this type of role 

Now Yoo Mi is a very interesting character in that they wrote her to be pretty mediocre in a lot of things. shes neither unattractive or super beautiful. But she caught CJW eye. And her grewing up under her sexually uninhibited mother whose equally infamous career choice clearly impacted YM's character and also skewed her perception of dating, sex and relationships. Shes already tugging on my hearstrings

They also wrote their rendezvous tastefully.. In that we could gather from all their previous encounter they both picked up tidbits regarding the character of the person before deciding to spend the night together.

In fact first 40 mins already serve to show you that when YM nodded her consent to move on to 3rd base, she knows roughly the kind of man JW is

20170421_222306.jpg

In their first encounter he had remembered her. His simple "You called for help" and "Are you alright?" moved her. Then he gallantly wrapped her in his jacket. Not to mention she is attracted to him and gets flusterred whenever he comes close n gaze at her intently. Im also gathering that their first kiss probably electrify both parties too. So much that YM uncharacteristically pulls him in for the follow up kiss.

The first 2 episodes felt like a novel leapt onto the screen. It has some typical romance storyline but so far it also has depth and both YM and JW sparked when they r on screen together. Im also loving that both has been given focus and not too much time wasted on side characters. Could this be a beauty of 12 eps?

20170421_225314.jpg

Im happily on board MSR ship and am eager to watch how JW would come to know more abt YM, what makes her the way she is .. That she didnt meant to insult him. Runaway n call it a 1 night stand.... And if how n when he helps her find her true self, the self that she is consistently burying by over compensating. It would be very satisfying to see her emotional growth n to be happy and satisfied rather than cowed n embarassed, to be liberated n yet confident in herself, in her skin and in her relationship. I hope the show would do well in this aspect..fingers crossed.

16 people like this

Posted

Oksusu preview:

17 people like this

Posted

Okay that was awesome .He is telling the friend "who are you and move!!" That buddy of hers has his arm around her shoulders staring back at him. Can't wait for the sparks to fly and the green eyed monster to pop out.

I think she dropped and dented the box somehow. That was the replacement box she got him.

14 people like this

Posted

10 hours ago, padhari said:

I think he is giving her back the gas money, "as promised".

if you see the extended 6-min preview, he is pissed with her answer.

OMO, she hurt his male pride more with her answer, :grin::heart:  

really looking forward to ep. 3.  also, can anybody make sense of the epilogues in both the episodes.  They show 2 diff. circumstances in a epilogue and i dont understand as i am not quick witted.  maybe @bebebisous33 help me. thank you in advance.

The epilogues are always there in order to give you more info about CJW. In the first episode, we realise that we were misled earlier. We thought, CJW lied to the woman when he told her that he had to feed his cat. However, he was telling her the truth. Then we all thought that the woman at the club was upset, while in reality she found his excuse cute. The epilogue gave us a different impression of CJW:

- he  wasn't a liar

- he was a lonely person: his home illustrates the lack of warmth  and like I mentioned it before, the importance of the cover was revealed in the epilogue. He looked at it as if it was precious and he put it right under his nose which underlined the importance of the fragrance.

I hope, this could help. @gutibear:)

@jellybellymonster @ateGreat that you are joining this thread. The more we are, the funnier and the better it is!cheer1 onion head

19 people like this

Posted

On 4/20/2017 at 11:10 AM, jellybellymonster said:

Hi there @gutibear! Nice to see you again after Goblin. Hi there @Carmarie, you tagged me in 1% thread and I'm here watching this. :)

I liked episode 2 much better, so yeah I will be watching out for this. There are a lot or KDrama tropes in here but I hope it's going to be done right. I just need a fun drama with romance right now. I'm craving it with all the crime dramas I'm watching. The gratuitous showing of abs is such a bonus. I actually want to watch ep 3 now because of the preview. 

I am glad you decided to give this drama a try.  So far I am loving it and cannot wait until episode 3.  

11 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, hyall said:

Okay that was awesome .He is telling the friend "who are you and move!!" That buddy of hers has his arm around her shoulders staring back at him. Can't wait for the sparks to fly and the green eyed monster to pop out.

I think she dropped and dented the box somehow. That was the replacement box she got him.

the box has her fake breasts that she left in the car :P.. that's his treasured jewel

12 people like this

Posted

tonight Sung Hoon updated SNS 

anyone who wants to join with us?

Happy weekend 

11 people like this

Posted

So I'm guessing people were right when they said she had a child. I wonder why he doesn't live with her though

4 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, samzi85 said:

So I'm guessing people were right when they said she had a child. I wonder why he doesn't live with her though

I think it's been revealed that that is her little brother. 

8 people like this

Posted

awesome starting hihihi cant wait for the next episode...

7 people like this

Posted

35 minutes ago, Gitakawaii said:

I think it's been revealed that that is her little brother. 

ahh good. I like this much better

6 people like this

Posted

How to escape from a boring small talk
tumblr_inline_oorf4oqaUN1qz9nuy_1280.jpg

10 people like this

Posted

:astonished:"ahhhh..."   

14928240261673439.gif?1492824041

Heeee...sooo naughty oppa...:tongue:

14928245981673463.gif

Mmm...his hands soooo tight... haaa

ok who wants to be the next in line?...heee:wub:

14928242541669872.gif

Happy waiting!:glasses:

10 people like this

Posted

ughhh watching the BTS .... i cant wait omg 

6 people like this

Posted

His IG updates

Spoiler

Perhaps during he had a meal with Jieun & other cast?

18011925_777234259110124_563550539314154

Selcas BTS

1492676791-37.jpg

6 people like this

Posted

On 4/20/2017 at 5:27 AM, sakura2016 said:

yeah, it was cute!! :wub: I believe there will be epilogue at each episode since it's from the same production of 1% of Anything drama which had one every episode!! 

I am glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the little dog, I wonder if it was just an accident when filming and it made the cut lol! I do like the foreshadowing with the cat too. Thanks for this info, in "Noble My Love" I couldn't remember if there was an epilogue for each episode but definitely enjoying what we have so far!!

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MiAmour said:

His IG updates

Reveal hidden contents

Perhaps during he had a meal with Jieun & other cast?

Selcas BTS

This was when they and the staff watched the premiere together while eating ^^

JiEun I believe captioned it is unintentional couple outfits and that SungHoon ate a lot lol

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote IG images.
9 people like this

Posted

:D

9 people like this

Posted

I guess ive been ask many times, but still no answers..

Are we gonna enjoy this drama without knowing the ratings?

Its kinda weird since until now on they aint release yet :confused:

4 people like this