1,310 posts in this topic

Posted

6 hours ago, chelleshawol said:

The thing i was ranting about is Ji Sung is back in the industry after the epic fail Ddandara so I was really looking forward for this. At first they casted Han Ye Seul and I was like okay I've seen her perfomances and I guess she can give justice to the role but then she declined. .....

Sorry for cutting your post. Yeh, Ddandara epic fail? Hahha... though i watched it till the end, i know the story just so so .... but Jisung performance was great... truthfully, in my eyes, Han Ye Seul is not good either (really mianhe)... but (maybe) better than the real female lead now....(once again, i am sorry)

Then Yuri casting was announced. Why did they have a step backward here? Sorry if im a bit overboard and Im not judging her but pls did ji sung commit a crime? He deserves someone better. :tears:

I also think about it? Why SBS always gives him not matching partner? It is so frustrating.... If they can't get "big" name, I even think some actress who usually play as second lead but with top notch acting - Seo Ji hye, Kim Yoo ri, Kim Min seo or why don't casting Kim So yeon ? Or Kim A-joong or everyone as long as is not her! Ah I am really sorry... I am too disappointed.... frankly i will said, except the female lead, i am okay with the rest of the casts - Uhm Ki joon, Kim Min suk, Uhm Hyung kyung ...

If ever Yuri is really the lead, I will just pray to drama Gods that she had improved her acting and can be a match for Ji Sung's incredible performance :sweatingbullets:

Woaw. No chance of declining it?? Haha :D

I will pray with you, please drama God.  For me, among SNSD member, Sooyoung has the best acting skill. But, just like Yoona, they said her acting much better in her last drama (the k2), So i hope something like this from Yuri. Lets pray! Amen!

Haha... Is it possible? They have announced the casting, so if not "something big" happen, i think it will be final decision. Though I will be very happy if they change it. Hahaaaaa....

6 hours ago, Berou said:

knowing jisung, he will invest himself a 100%  with or without a good leading lady  and deliver a stellar performance. for this reason , i will watch it because i won't be disappointed by his acting

Yes, I am too.... for Jisung, I have to check this drama... 2 months to go.....

7 people like this

Posted

Ji Sung, Uhm Ki Joon, And Uhm Hyun Kyung Confirmed To Join Girls’ Generation’s Yuri In New Drama

ji-sung-uhm-kim-joon-uhm-hyun-kyung.jpg

After Girls’ Generation’s Yuri was confirmed to appear in the upcoming SBS drama “Defendant,” Ji Sung, Uhm Ki Joon, and Uhm Hyun Kyung have also signed on to the project.

On November 18, Ji Sung’s agency, Namoo Actors, officially confirmed the actor’s appearance.

Ji Sung will play an ace prosecutor named Park Jung Woo, who is fiercely dedicated and in favor of strict punishment at his job, but transforms into a loving father and husband at home.

When his wife and child are murdered, he finds himself locked in prison and charged with the crime. Facing a death sentence and suffering from temporary amnesia, he must prove his innocence and find his family’s true killer.

Kwon Yuri plays the lawyer Seo Eun Hye, while Uhm Ki Joon has been cast in a double role. He will play the twins Cha Seon Ho and Cha Min Ho, who have contradictory personalities and are the heirs to a shady company. Uhm Hyun Kyung has been cast as the daughter of a bankrupt conglomerate family who seeks to regain her old lifestyle by marrying Cha Seon Ho.

The script is written by Choi Soo Jin, who wrote “City Hunter,” and Choi Chang Hwan. It is directed by Jo Young Kwang, who directed “Hyde, Jekyll, Me.”

The drama will air its first episode in January after the end of “Romantic Doctor Kim.”

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/18/ji-sung-uhm-ki-joon-uhm-hyun-kyung-confirmed-join-girls-generations-yuri-new-drama/

9 people like this

Posted

I'm so excited that Ji Sung finally accepted this roleugly-chick-smiley-33.gifThis just seems like a role just made for him.  Nothing against Yuri but.......I have to admit the choice of female lead has me SMH. Are there no full time actress's available?

14 hours ago, chelleshawol said:

The thing i was ranting about is Ji Sung is back in the industry after the epic fail Ddandara so I was really looking forward for this. At first they casted Han Ye Seul and I was like okay I've seen her perfomances and I guess she can give justice to the role but then she declined. Then Yuri casting was announced. Why did they have a step backward here? Sorry if im a bit overboard and Im not judging her but pls did ji sung commit a crime? He deserves someone better. :tears:

I feel the same way chingu.:crazy: I don't think that's going overboard. I have to admit I'm very underwhelmed by the female leads casting also. He is such a brilliant actor. it would be nice if he could be matched with an actress who can keep up w/him talent wise. If he ever gets cast in a drama/movie w/ Soo Ae, I will be in heaven. But having said this I guess we will just have to focus on Ji Sung, he's going to be great in this role.

@jongski @Berou @Mayyes Hello  crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Mayyes said:

Sorry for cutting your post. Yeh, Ddandara epic fail? Hahha... though i watched it till the end, i know the story just so so .... but Jisung performance was great... truthfully, in my eyes, Han Ye Seul is not good either (really mianhe)... but (maybe) better than the real female lead now....(once again, i am sorry)

I also think about it? Why SBS always gives him not matching partner? It is so frustrating.... If they can't get "big" name, I even think some actress who usually play as second lead but with top notch acting - Seo Ji hye, Kim Yoo ri, Kim Min seo or why don't casting Kim So yeon ? Or Kim A-joong or everyone as long as is not her! Ah I am really sorry... I am too disappointed.... frankly i will said, except the female lead, i am okay with the rest of the casts - Uhm Ki joon, Kim Min suk, Uhm Hyung kyung ...

I will pray with you, please drama God.  For me, among SNSD member, Sooyoung has the best acting skill. But, just like Yoona, they said her acting much better in her last drama (the k2), So i hope something like this from Yuri. Lets pray! Amen!

Haha... Is it possible? They have announced the casting, so if not "something big" happen, i think it will be final decision. Though I will be very happy if they change it. Hahaaaaa....

Yes, I am too.... for Jisung, I have to check this drama... 2 months to go.....

Ddandara was considered an epic fail drama of JS because of netizens reactions and its ratings. Han Ye Seul is a veteran actress and I bet she'll do good with the role if not as a match for JS, at least she's better than Yuri in acting beacuse she has much experience than her. So I was thinking its a waste that she declined the offer only to be given to Yuri.

Lets pray to drama Gods that Yuri will turn down the offer although she already confirmed. Nothing is impossible. But if ever the casting was final, I hope she can do better than her past performances and not let Ji Sung alone carry the drama.

Edited by chelleshawol
typo
4 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

I'm so excited that Ji Sung finally accepted this roleugly-chick-smiley-33.gifThis just seems like a role just made for him.  Nothing against Yuri but.......I have to admit the choice of female lead has me SMH. Are there no full time actress's available?

I feel the same way chingu.:crazy: I don't think that's going overboard. I have to admit I'm very underwhelmed by the female leads casting also. He is such a brilliant actor. it would be nice if he could be matched with an actress who can keep up w/him talent wise. If he ever gets cast in a drama/movie w/ Soo Ae, I will be in heaven. But having said this I guess we will just have to focus on Ji Sung, he's going to be great in this role.

@jongski @Berou @Mayyes Hello  crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif

Hi @evie7! We meet again. We YSH fans really seems like have an eye for stellar actors. Same taste like @berou said :D

4 people like this

Posted

seems like many are up against the female lead kekeke .. While others are concerned about the FL, I'm more anxious how the story goes and the camera anglings/how it shot, coz I feel like it has an impact on how I'd like a drama. I don't want to drop this but I'm certain I won't if it's not 20+ episodes, coz I have this habit of dropping a drama even if its really good but sometimes I continue after a while..... .Let's just not expect that much and let us be surprised if Yuri will do a good job :)  *fingers crossed*

I'm looking forward to the drama and to this thread :):) 

7 people like this

Posted

7 minutes ago, xxbitter_divinexx said:

seems like many are up against the female lead kekeke .. While others are concerned about the FL, I'm more anxious how the story goes and the camera anglings/how it shot, coz I feel like it has an impact on how I'd like a drama. I don't want to drop this but I'm certain I won't if it's not 20+ episodes, coz I have this habit of dropping a drama even if its really good but sometimes I continue after a while..... .Let's just not expect that much and let us be surprised if Yuri will do a good job :)  *fingers crossed*

This drama will take 16-20 eps. They will air 'Advance' after 'Defendant' ends.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm still not excited about the choice of female lead, but I've said already my piece on the previous page. A man on death row makes up for for gripping drama. I'll be watching this for Ji Sung, for the story for the acting. And just like chingu above, 16 episode drama is the most for me. I get bored afterwards. 20 is still ok. but I'd prolly marathon rest of episodes.  I'm so used to jdramas 12 episodes fast pace. Ji Sung's last drama. I didn't like.  Heh. 

3 people like this

Posted

8 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm still not excited about the choice of female lead, but I've said already my piece on the previous page. A man on death row makes up for for gripping drama. I'll be watching this for Ji Sung, for the story for the acting. And just like chingu above, 16 episode drama is the most for me. I get bored afterwards. 20 is still ok. but I'd prolly marathon rest of episodes.  I'm so used to jdramas 12 episodes fast pace. Ji Sung's last drama. I didn't like.  Heh. 

It's going to be 16 episodes so that's one less thing you have to worry about:

source: http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1064215(kr)

4 people like this

Posted

On 11/20/2016 at 6:38 AM, xxbitter_divinexx said:

Your right whats done is done so maybe we will be surprised. I do the same thing w/dramas even if their good I have a habit of stopping towards the end and then finishing them later. 

@kysy thanks for checking out how many episode this one has. I like 16 too not too long and not too short.

@jongski I love J dramas too since they only have 12 episodes too. Lately I've been watching them on the weekends. I could not get into his last drama either but I've noticed sometimes it's hit or miss with Ji Sung's dramas

@chelleshawol It is nice to you in a thread again. We also have the same taste in music:D

4 people like this

Posted

7 hours ago, evie7 said:

Your right whats done is done so maybe we will be surprised. I do the same thing w/dramas even if their good I have a habit of stopping towards the end and then finishing them later. 

@kysy thanks for checking out how many episode this one has. I like 16 too not too long and not too short.

@jongski I love J dramas too since they only have 12 episodes too. Lately I've been watching them on the weekends. I could not get into his last drama either but I've noticed sometimes it's hit or miss with Ji Sung's dramas

@chelleshawol It is nice to you in a thread again. We also have the same taste in music:D

@evie7 Really? You're a shawol too? :w00t:

2 people like this

Posted

16 hours ago, chelleshawol said:

@evie7 Really? You're a shawol too? :w00t:

Oh yes chingu,

Spoiler

I'm waiting for my 1 of 1 repackage cd. I can't believe that SM would release this without another name like they last year with Odd and Married to The Music. 

2 people like this

Posted

22 hours ago, evie7 said:

Oh yes chingu,

Hide contents

I'm waiting for my 1 of 1 repackage cd. I can't believe that SM would release this without another name like they last year with Odd and Married to The Music. 

Oh my gosh same taste in dramas, same taste in music :D 

3 people like this

Posted

do you guys know when will be the first script reading? 

3 people like this

Posted

@Berou  Chingu... if this is January as stated in page 1 then it should be sometime in December. I hope.

OT. still keeping fingers crossed someday we'll see Ji Sung and Yoo Seung Ho in one drama. Imagine explosive acting! #mykdramawish

4 people like this

Posted

@jongski i know the premiere is january , meaning that the filming will start in December.November is almost behind and we're getting closer to the date airing. i was worried a little bit and wondered if anyone here got some info. The cast is completed but we don't anything about the schedule drama.

not #kdramawish but #moviewish ( it seems more probable given the fact they're leads). AMEN . If it happens, that day should be engraved in the korean cinema annals, they will pierce our screens with their explosive, phenomenal, topnotch acting.  i prayed for the YSH-KSH pairing and my wish was granted, i should pray also for JS-YSH, then maybe we will see them soon :)

JS and YSH have one thing in common: Jisung case is similar to YSH's one both are being neglected by the prestigious awards ceremonies ( Baeksang, Blue dragon awards, Grand bell awards, korea drama awards  etc.). i dont understand how Korea can be so blind and doesn't see their potential, they need to check their eyes. it's always the same people who are awarded.

i wish a successful drama for Jisung, he deserves it after the entertainer mess

4 people like this

Posted

@Berou  I'm quite worried for this drama, no bts pics or trailers  but of course it'll be airing in january so maybe we'll see photos of the drama next year  

oh btw saw this in insta while typing haha  .. they're filming :)   ... it'll be airing jan 16 2017 :)

5 people like this

Posted

@xxbitter_divinexx thank you so much for the pics !!  jisung looks so dashing :lol:. recently i've re-watched secret and seeing him in a suit reminds me of secret, the secret feelings are coming back.

we've got finally the airing date. i'm also worried about it, i don't know why SBS is hush hush. maybe we'll see the trailer at the end of the year, the sbs drama awards.

3 people like this

Posted

from twitter :)

and the relationship chart ...  dont know what it says :D 

5 people like this

Posted

Ji Sung! looking dapper. I'll see his brilliant acting again. A role like this definitely suits him more than his last drama.. w/c I didn't watch..actually. :P

@xxbitter_divinexx yes! they're filming! thanks chingu for the updates for this drama! Gosh, all my fav dramas seems to be  in January! I'm excited..

@Berou and the all other chingus reading this. I just wanna share.. Ji Sung's intersection scene from SECRET  is one of my favs in all of my kdrama viewing history. I was in awe! Him laughing then crying then doing  in the middle of the intersection .. it's so damn good acting! And one of my fav drama in all my kdrama viewing history... Save The Last Dance For Me. such a classic love story! I'll  binge on his dramas again before this drama starts! :):wub:

4 people like this