Go Seung Ji

[Upcoming Drama 2017] Ruler: Master of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인 - Yoo Seung Ho & Kim So Hyun - 2nd Teaser released

1,249 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah! 

5 people like this

Posted

I think the 2nd teaser is more about YSH and the next one will be about KSH. I still don't know how to feel about the mask yet but I like how the story's going so far. Every characters look badass, strong willed and smart. Can't wait guys, I have re-watched the teaser for more than 10 times already. When Gaeun pulled out her sword.... T.T You go girl!!!!

7 people like this

Posted

CR. princesssohyun
Hi all. just curious: the masked prince at top left should be L right? His eyes don't look like YSH. YSH's gaze is more of a solemn stern looks. this set of eyes has none of the heaviness. but i might be wrong, but it seems to be followed by the same scene he was facing the King-dad in the rain... can it be L, when he was mislead by the Pyunsoo Hwe, which is secretly backed by some fraction in the palace who wants to usurp the throne. that Top-Left prince in official royal gown seems to be holding some weapon to strike... maybe i am reading too much into that striking-sword pose but not too angst looks.

@MiAmour hi, i remember you a yr ago @Remember-drama... long time no see. :tongue:

3 people like this

Posted

@maryofbethany ofc, i remembered you as well, we meet here again after RWOTS ends :mrgreen:

-------

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Yoo Seung-ho becomes the prince behind the mask in new Ruler–Master of the Mask teaser

hdO2U6b.jpg

A second teaser has been released for MBC’s sageuk romance Ruler–Master of the Mask, starring Yoo Seung-ho (Remember–Son’s War) as a lonely crown prince forced to hide his face behind a mask. But… why on earth would anybody hide that face? It’s a crime against humanity, I say. Apparently it’s a mystery to the prince himself, and he begins to question the reason he must remain hidden from the world in the drama’s latest teaser.

The story set in Joseon is about a shadow organization that’s out to privatize the water supply to line their greedy pockets and make the rich richer, and a lonely righteous crown prince who is determined to protect his people. Kim So-hyun (Bring It On, Ghost) co-stars as a young woman determined to get revenge on the prince for ordering the execution of her father, but that revenge will take a big turn when she falls in love with the prince instead.

Yoon So-hee (Memory) plays a tragic figure who will betray her family for love—she’s the granddaughter of the shadow organization’s leader, played by Heo Joon-ho (Beautiful Mind), and she’ll forsake her corrupt family in order to love the prince. Infinite’s L (She’s So Lovable) is the poor son of a butcher with a brilliant mind who becomes a stand-in for the prince. Now that we know the mask is literal, this explains how someone else could act as a double for the prince. The show’s second teaser opens with Yoo Seung-ho asking his father, “If I take off this mask, will more people die?” As Kim So-hyun brandishes a sword in the street and is overtaken by soldiers, Yoo Seung-ho fights the shadow organization with his mask on. He continues in voiceover, “Why are you killing them all? What is the real reason I must wear this mask? Please tell me!”

I’m interested to see if this drama will pull off the prince’s hidden identity storyline in a cool way, because there’s a lot of potential in the mask, the faceless prince, and the stand-in pauper. It’s something that Hwarang explored recently, though not with enough depth to be completely satisfying, and I’d love a meaty version with complex twists and turns and mixed-up lovelines. Ruler–Master of the Mask is directed by PD Noh Do-chul (Mom’s Garden, Soulmate) and comes from newbie writers Park Hye-jin and Jung Hae-ri. It follows Radiant Office on Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning May 10.

source:: http://www.dramabean...he-mask-teaser/

5 people like this

Posted

I think saying this drama would be male-centric based on this teaser is a little ahead, rather the second teaser was. Like how the first one is about the two leads. It's just a teaser not the official full trailer. So I can't tell how good this drama will be, or how the full story goes. One thing, I think this has potential. And I loved the 2nd teaser, I totally watched it a lot of times already. PLEASE BE GREAT DRAMA :heart:

Also, I agree with @kimhanbin102296 it really should be equally mixed, not more or totally on the politics, I mean we have a lot of characters and potential plot. This type of drama have a lot of possibilities to keep this story interesting to all types of viewers. Sometimes, one focus on a minimum subject can drag on and be boring, especially in a 20 episode drama. I love traditional sageuks like Jewel in the palace and Empress Ki. And its made by MBC so I have hopes. Though, I'd still watch anything with this two actors even if it sucks. But since im praying for their success, I am hoping for the best :lol:

4 people like this

Posted

The mask actually looks okey when in close up compared when we see it for the first time before..

3 people like this

Posted

whenever i wake up, i always check #kimsohyun on instagram because i always hope MBC will release something and they did so i was so happy>< The teaser honestly looks so amazing so far and I'm afraid to watch it because I cry so easily, it seems like their will be a lot of deaths in this drama. I'm intrigued about L's character quite a bit since MBC released a pic recently (i posted it in spoiler to compare) and it seems as if his character changes his position quite a bit. 

Spoiler

17439057_1260758554021740_80759367087234

I'm also really curious, do you guys want a happy ending or a sad one? Do you want Prince Lee Sun to die or do you want him to survive and for it to be a happy ending?  I'm a bit mixed as I want something different since most KDrama's nowadays is all happy endings and I just want Ruler to be different. Empress Ki honestly made me cry in every episode and it was such an amazing drama, I hope Ruler has some elements to that as Empress Ki was the only historical drama to actually keep me hooked and didn't make the female lead as a damsel in distress. 

3 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

CR. princesssohyun
Hi all. just curious: the masked prince at top left should be L right? His eyes don't look like YSH. YSH's gaze is more of a solemn stern looks. this set of eyes has none of the heaviness. but i might be wrong,

i just looked at the post and yeah it doesn't seem to be Seung Ho, it might just be the way the camera is angled but i do believe it is L as well

1 person likes this

Posted

Second teaser with the subtitles as in spoiler below... 

Spoiler

1 person likes this

Posted

teaser 1:

teaser 2:

2 people like this