Jump to content
shuwei

[Mainland Chinese Movie 2016] A Round Trip to Love 双程

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

The little numbers in blue under the ending state the number of episodes/parts that a movie/drama has on each description page. For e.g. if you search 微微一笑很倾城 it will say 中国内地 l 30集 or if you search 识汝不识丁it will say 中国内地 l 12. In the case of a movie, sometimes it will state run time / number of parts like for 不可抗力之男仆的秘密 with 75分钟. Although I haven't seen any official news so that's just my guess, but I'm fairly sure that the story hasn't finished if it ends with just movie 2? Unless they planned to remove the real ending (or I've just been reading the wrong story...)

oh, you're talking about that "2 3" without any units...so does that mean the movie have 2 parts or 3 parts? or is there only part 2 and 3 and no part 1? or are there 23 parts? you'll have to tell me what it means lol

are you asking me bc i said i don't think they are making sequels? that's just my intepretation of why they changed the ending and how they compressed the timeline of the original story by more than a decade. i'm also guessing :)))

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

newish bts pics. um what happened to the scenes in the last 3 pics??? i need to at least see the carrying one :((

Spoiler

006p1147gw1f8ck8idbznj31400qojyd.jpg

006p1147gw1f8ck7622ayj31400qo7ab.jpg

006p1147gw1f8ck7fkvcwj31400qotf9.jpg

006p1147gw1f8ck77fhcbj31400qo11h.jpg

006p1147gw1f8ck72teokj31400qodmn.jpg

this was from ages ago but i love that the cast made a bunch of tribute cosplay to famous lgbt movies. i'm not really sure why they did this lol, but maybe bc they have two pro cosplayers in the house and everyone is so beautiful/photogenic, why not

Spoiler

brokeback mountain

006p1147jw1f4hverumetj31kw2db7tv.jpg

lanyu

006p1147jw1f4hv3k4rb7j31dq22ltm7.jpg

queer as folk (laghsfjslj this one is so on point)

006p1147jw1f4hveu85aaj31du1zwavt.jpg

eternal summer

006p1147jw1f4hvf3zfozj31kw27kdu5.jpg

farewell my concubine

006p1147jw1f4hv3tvhx7j31kw2dcwrl.jpg

happy together

006p1147jw1f4hv3xmekcj31kw2dbe81.jpg

bishounen

 006p1147jw1f4hvf017v2j31kw2c2h7t.jpg

the wedding banquet

006p1147jw1f4hvengxc3j31kw200wtp.jpg

the love of siam ̣̣(lmao i love this one too)

006p1147jw1f4hvf1loj3j31dq22lnk2.jpg

and finally a takumi-kun video (with a kimi ni todoke bgm??? lol)

 

ok this doesn't really relate to the movie but i had so much fun digging up xiaocai's cosplays the past few days. i'm usually not into cosplays even though i watch anime, but i gotta admit he's very good

Spoiler

inuyasha (and yi shuai as inuyasha's dad lol)

68ea6920gw1f0qyo4b8q8j20m80xee81.jpg68ea6920gw1f0qynpbsp9j20xc0m7kie.jpg

touken ranbu

68ea6920gw1exms5e7uoyj20m80xcqcv.jpg

blue exorcist

68ea6920tw1dyukeapuymj.jpg

all of the characters in free lmao

68ea6920gw1erc6apsza4j20ku0ketcb.jpg

jack frost

68ea6920tw1edxuze58ocj20go0p07b4.jpg

thranduil *___*

68ea6920jw1ednx6smnemj215o0oz7bv.jpg68ea6920jw1ednx6smnemj215o0oz7bv.jpg

this isn't anime but it's where most bl fans know him from the stunning cosplay of lie er from the bl novel feng yu jiu tian :heart: whoever casted him as xiaochen must have seen these familiar poses and situations lol

tumblr_n4iawpM5P01t7xac4o1_250.giftumblr_n4iawpM5P01t7xac4o10_250.gif

cr.

4c7228b5gw1dwkhdjnpr8j.jpg

10155172_564208883681795_871692144394266

4c7228b5gw1ej66hh1e08j20jg0cl770.jpg

1948076_564208920348458_4019299726582024

10357600_1452317955013818_4067078069380210264977_1438043029774644_55563990826113

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gao Tai Yu and Huang Jing Xiang's on-screen chemistry is dazzling in A Round Trip to Love. :)

However, I sense that their intense connection cannot transfer off-screen. Gao Tai Yu's aloof, distant nature in real life contrasts Huang Jing Xiang's outgoing, sociable disposition, which causes their off-screen moments to be awkward when I observe their forced interactions in order to promote the movie. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

today's yizhibo stream

xc: i'm ready. should we do it?

staff: go ahead

gty: whoa, like that?

staff: yes, just eat it 

gty: let me be on the receiving end

staff: then you-

xc: tell me, who is the top, who is the top

staff: xiaochen is the top!

 

imo the most important thing about this stream is that they are in a cats cafe lol

Spoiler

reenacting the gunshot scene. all those meowing in the bg...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to try to hop onto the Lan Lin train, haha (Is there a reason why so many of her work are being made into movies?). Mostly because I find Huang Jingxiang to be so crazily handsome/pretty. The entire cast is beautiful, so yeah. I should be pretty happy with this movie even if the plot sucks, haha. 

Is there any way to read the original Chinese novel(s) online (in Chinese) or are they all published books? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd installment of the weekly interview

as i expected, huang laoshi is full of experiences with being touched in places lol

1 hour ago, outsanity said:

Going to try to hop onto the Lan Lin train, haha (Is there a reason why so many of her work are being made into movies?).

every avid chinese bl reader has heard of the name lan lin at some point in their lives. compared to the bl authors getting screen adaptations the past few years, she's probably a hundred times more famous (well, except the author of love is more than a word, su youbing, who is also getting a 2nd screen adaptation pretty soon). she's probably the only author whose novels arent getting overshadowed by the movies and actors, but its the movies that's living in the novels' shadow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shuwei said:

every avid chinese bl reader has heard of the name lan lin at some point in their lives. compared to the bl authors getting screen adaptations the past few years, she's probably a hundred times more famous

hem,thats mean,lan lin was very famous author?coz when I see UL movie there so many comment,that novel very famous?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shuwei said:

every avid chinese bl reader has heard of the name lan lin at some point in their lives. compared to the bl authors getting screen adaptations the past few years, she's probably a hundred times more famous (well, except the author of love is more than a word, su youbing, who is also getting a 2nd screen adaptation pretty soon). she's probably the only author whose novels arent getting overshadowed by the movies and actors, but its the movies that's living in the novels' shadow

 

I am not an avid Chinese BL reader. I've heard about Lan Lin writing characters that are all related to one another and that she writes a lot of abusive relationships? I did hear that she's a really good writer, though - which is why I'm curious about her original works. 

What other BL authors are getting screen adaptations? I actually never really heard about BL  screen adaptations until very, very recently and then it's like BAM, too many to keep track of. I saw Love is More than A Word, I'm iffy about watching Uncontrolled Love...What else is there?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, outsanity said:

 

I am not an avid Chinese BL reader. I've heard about Lan Lin writing characters that are all related to one another and that she writes a lot of abusive relationships? I did hear that she's a really good writer, though - which is why I'm curious about her original works. 

What other BL authors are getting screen adaptations? I actually never really heard about BL  screen adaptations until very, very recently and then it's like BAM, too many to keep track of. I saw Love is More than A Word, I'm iffy about watching Uncontrolled Love...What else is there?

 

lan lin writes melodrama. there's abuse, rape, incest, amnesia etc. many but not all her novels are interconnected in the same fictional universe, with a round trip to love as the starting point. a round trip to love is published 2005-2006 so we're talking a pretty big body of work with varying degrees of sadness, but i can guarantee that they're all sad lol. a round trip to love is of course her representative work and my favorite. i'm usually not a big fan of melodrama but it left such big impression on me i was willing to swallow the angst of the other novels lol. uncontrolled love is definitely one of the less well written one but i think the movie did well with the plot its dealing with

i think this bl adaptation trend has been going on since 2014, with like love being the pioneer, but yeah it really blew up this year. if you ask me what else is there, i'd imagine there are quite a lot...the only upcoming ones i'm keeping track of are nan zhi's love is in a blaze and chai jidan's advance bravery (in terms of producing bl i only trust chen peng or chai jidan lol)

actually, there are other famous bl authors like feng nong and er ya have sold the rights of their work to big production companies since 2014, but i'm always cautious of them getting the "straightwashing" treatment. although i'm sad the format they chose for uncontrolled love and a round trip to love is so short, i'm still glad lan lin gave them to companies that still kept the bl

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2016 at 0:11 AM, shuwei said:

lan lin writes melodrama. there's abuse, rape, incest, amnesia etc. many but not all her novels are interconnected in the same fictional universe, with a round trip to love as the starting point. a round trip to love is published 2005-2006 so we're talking a pretty big body of work with varying degrees of sadness, but i can guarantee that they're all sad lol. a round trip to love is of course her representative work and my favorite. i'm usually not a big fan of melodrama but it left such big impression on me i was willing to swallow the angst of the other novels lol. uncontrolled love is definitely one of the less well written one but i think the movie did well with the plot its dealing with

i think this bl adaptation trend has been going on since 2014, with like love being the pioneer, but yeah it really blew up this year. if you ask me what else is there, i'd imagine there are quite a lot...the only upcoming ones i'm keeping track of are nan zhi's love is in a blaze and chai jidan's advance bravery (in terms of producing bl i only trust chen peng or chai jidan lol)

actually, there are other famous bl authors like feng nong and er ya have sold the rights of their work to big production companies since 2014, but i'm always cautious of them getting the "straightwashing" treatment. although i'm sad the format they chose for uncontrolled love and a round trip to love is so short, i'm still glad lan lin gave them to companies that still kept the bl

 

I definitely need to find the original novel, then. I prefer historical settings, but I am pretty fond of all the tension/misunderstanding and everything. 

I did not notice it back in 2014 - I'd always thought only Japan did BL ("yaoi"). I wasn't too fond of Love is More than a Word - it felt like an elaborate Nirvana in Fire-inspired cosplay, but I watched through it. I did love Men With Sword, though it's barely BL. I need plot & action to like something and most BL so far are simply two characters interacting. 

Where do these BL authors usually publish? jjwxc? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, outsanity said:

 

I definitely need to find the original novel, then. I prefer historical settings, but I am pretty fond of all the tension/misunderstanding and everything. 

I did not notice it back in 2014 - I'd always thought only Japan did BL ("yaoi"). I wasn't too fond of Love is More than a Word - it felt like an elaborate Nirvana in Fire-inspired cosplay, but I watched through it. I did love Men With Sword, though it's barely BL. I need plot & action to like something and most BL so far are simply two characters interacting. 

Where do these BL authors usually publish? jjwxc? 

well i'd imagine a genre called "boys love" will be largely romance focused, but there are a lot variations within it depending on the author. like su youbing writes pg-13 fluff so i wasn't expecting amazing twists and turns or anything, and lan lin writes melodrama so expect angst etc etc. but there are definitely some plotty works out there. it's just that the more action-packed something is, the more investment it will need and the more likely the characters will be turned straight in order to reach a larger audience (/sideeyes revive superstar). that's why i say bl is most enjoyed in the book format, but i'll support any adaptions of the novels i like as long as they maintain their integrity as a bl work, bc i know what a struggle it is to even do that

i don't know what is the "official" online platform for bl actually...i only see authors advertise for the physical book release on weibo. but i think almost everything can be found on jjwxc or danmeila, old or new

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now i'm really thirsty for this scene. i want to know why lu feng is throwing xiaochen into what seems like the bedroom for a 10 year old girl

006p1147gw1f8piaxgqvpg30b406bx6p.gif

more prettiness

Spoiler

006p1147gw1f8piahhu7og30b406bkjo.gif

006p1147gw1f8pi9gzbnvg30b406bkjl.gif

006p1147gw1f8pia4kabug30b406btxg.gif

006p1147gw1f8piazqzitg30b406bu0x.gif

even the supporting actress is eyecandy. this movie giving me new visual standards

006p1147gw1f8pib2n97og30b406bkjl.gif

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, October 09, 2016 at 8:33 AM, outsanity said:

Is there any way to read the original Chinese novel(s) online (in Chinese) or are they all published books? 

 

I only read 3 of Lan Lin’s works because the characters are connected (appear in late love). You can read her other works from here I guess. http://www.danmeila.com/writer/蓝淋/

 

A round trip to love (双程): http://www.danmeila.com/chapter/20150603/8489.html

Uncontrolled Love (不可抗力): http://www.danmeila.com/chapter/20160719/16674.html

Late Love (迟爱): http://www.dzxsw.la/book/36566/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

continued installment of the one interview they must have filmed for 3 hours

i agree with that hella old-fashioned window/balloons scene, but they also stole that noodle kiss from lady and the tramp so ig that's what the director thought would woo dem fangirls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

also xiaocai's judging face when gty thought his lie er cosplay is a girl lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×