Sign in to follow this  
Tuffcore

2016 US Presidential Election

Is Soompi 20+ into politics?

Who do you want to win the 2016 US Presidential Election?

Who do you think is going to win the 2016 US Presidential Election? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016

The two major party candidates have just been officially announced and they have both named their running mates.  For the life of me, I cannot recall a US Presidential Election with two candidates going into the election with as much controversy and questions surrounding them.  Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.  One of them will become the next leader of the USA.

By the time this thread gets another reply the presidency will have already been decided

• Like 2

Obama faced a lot of crap. Or maybe it was post-election, don't care either way. Romney was grilled on taxes and the 1% stuff, wasn't he? I'm surprised people constantly tune in to the media frenzy and still act like they're better people by picking sides on the same coin. Twitter and Tumblr and social media live off these petty controversial what-ifs. Everyone just has to propagate the memes with their own important retort to make it worse.

I thought about registering to vote but I'm in a Big Blue state and it wouldn't swing the tally any other way. There's that fear of what to do if my vote were to be that very important final decision but everyone thinks that. Inflated sense of self-importance.

Trump isn't some surprise. There's been resentment building up for awhile everywhere, some everything-wrong-with-America crusade not so different to what spurred the Brexit Yes vote and the Tea Party stuff from before. Promises of a specific better tomorrow that cater to a very niche and ignorant crowd who identifies with well, the points of a politician that is like them on some level. Personification of that other America I don't encounter often. They're out there and they want to reclaim the land and also time-travel probably before the civil rights movement.

Is Clinton controversial? Huff pieces and hot air all day over nothing, she'll essentially be Obama but with a sex change and the same androgynous suit. We all have dirty laundry online, Snapchat banks off that. Manufactured outrage.

I wish I say I could enjoy the ride but I don't watch or read about the coverage. Someone unfavorable might lead the nation but that's only one person, not representative of the rest of us here. We've been through scandalous presidents and ones with questionable mental aptitude, big deal. 

It's kind of crazy that we might have Trump as our president. Ha... I guess we haven't progressed that much. As much as I want to support Clinton, I'm getting persuaded by those negative comments on social media. Bernie fans are so vocal, yet, look at the voting results... Elizabeth Warren or Michelle Obama for 2020?

It's the dilemma of having to choose between 2 evils. I just read this article, and I think it's quite rad.

The next president is going to be the 45th president. Unless Obama serves a third term. There were 8 presidents before George Washington. Before Washington became the president it wasn't called the presidency, it was more like a tryout before becoming a presidency. 

Once upon a time there was a city called Atlantis. Atlantis was a great big city that had a big empire. There was once a nation called Babylon. It was ruled by a powerful being named Nimrod. These places got punished by god for their sinful ways. Then there were places like Egypt and others. America is destined to have something tremendous happen to it like other famous nations/empires in the past.

Whoever becomes the next president is not going to be someone you'll like. The president is already determined before the election begins. Making our vote not matter. The illuminati controls everything in society. The illuminati are the 13 families of the royal bloodline. They are the ones who plan things hidden from the public eye.

The five and twenty dollar bill says "In God We Trust". America was established on Christian principles.

On 8/1/2016 at 5:40 AM, orangeman said:

Is Clinton controversial? Huff pieces and hot air all day over nothing, she'll essentially be Obama but with a sex change and the same androgynous suit. We all have dirty laundry online, Snapchat banks off that. Manufactured outrage.

At the time of your post, the DNC emails had not been hacked yet.  Turns out, Bernie Sanders got jobbed.  Hillary had to cheat to win.  Suddenly, it's not all hot air but full of substance.  Wikileaks is set to release more damaging emails just before the first national debate.  Plus, there's already allegation of wrong doing by Hillary during her time as Secretary of State where emails appear to show she accepted donations to the Clinton Foundation in exchange for "favors".  This smells of corruption, if not outright illegal and criminal.  

Does this change your mind about Hillary for President?

21 hours ago, knockblock said:

The next president is going to be the 45th president. Unless Obama serves a third term. There were 8 presidents before George Washington. Before Washington became the president it wasn't called the presidency, it was more like a tryout before becoming a presidency. 

Once upon a time there was a city called Atlantis. Atlantis was a great big city that had a big empire. There was once a nation called Babylon. It was ruled by a powerful being named Nimrod. These places got punished by god for their sinful ways. Then there were places like Egypt and others. America is destined to have something tremendous happen to it like other famous nations/empires in the past.

Whoever becomes the next president is not going to be someone you'll like. The president is already determined before the election begins. Making our vote not matter. The illuminati controls everything in society. The illuminati are the 13 families of the royal bloodline. They are the ones who plan things hidden from the public eye.

The five and twenty dollar bill says "In God We Trust". America was established on Christian principles.

I'm always up for a great conspiracy.

I too thought elections are rigged and then lord behold, our thoughts were confirmed to us when we were presented with the DNC email hack that revealed election fraud and cheating.  The DNC was trying to put their pre-selected candidate on the ticket rather than let the American people choose.  I have no doubt the RNC was trying to do the same but failed miserably only to resort to plan B, help Hillary win.

That said, the DNC emails revealed something else.  It revealed that there weren't this so called "illuminati" running the show in the background because secret people at the very top were missing in the emails.  Instead, we see collaboration between several everyday individuals in high positions in the DNC trying to rig the elections in secret.  There were no "royal bloodlines" trying to dictate everything.

And if they were in control, then how can Donald Trump, an establishment outsider, win the RNC nomination?  Are the illuminati getting really bad at controlling everything?  Or Is this some kind of super reverse psychology and all that has happened is a part of the plan?  Makes no sense why they didn't just put their boy Ted Cruz up against Hillary if they were in full control.

If "the illuminati controls everything in society" then it sure looks like everything in society is out of control.

15 hours ago, singlebilingual said:

Who's Steve Bannon? I've never heard of him before. The news are saying that he is an anti-Semite. Is this true?

Steve Bannon is the executive chairman of Breitbart News.

No, he is not anti-Semite and neither is Donald Trump.  Breitbart does "investigative journalism" into what it believes is increasingly more corruption in government.  One big part of this problem it sees is the Federal Reserve and Central Banking in general, which happens to be run by Jewish people.  In fact, all the big banks in America are owned by Jews.  So, in attacking the big banks, Breitbart can't help but to look anti-Semite.  

And again, Donald Trump is not anti-Semite either.  He has visited Israel during his campaign to pledge support against a two-nation State of Israel and Palestine which is drastically different from Obama and Hillary's stance on Israel.

And no, the sky is not falling.  Just like the Left thought UK would collapse in the wake of Brexit, UK is still going strong and should benefit from leaving the EU.  USA will still exist after January 20, 2017 and life will go on in the USA.  Donald Trump is a step backwards in social progressiveness but a step in the right direction for anti-corruption in government and a return to Federal government focused on fiscal and economic recovery.

On ‎2016‎년 ‎11‎월 ‎16‎일 at 2:13 PM, Tuffcore said:

Steve Bannon is the executive chairman of Breitbart News.

No, he is not anti-Semite and neither is Donald Trump.  Breitbart does "investigative journalism" into what it believes is increasingly more corruption in government.  One big part of this problem it sees is the Federal Reserve and Central Banking in general, which happens to be run by Jewish people.  In fact, all the big banks in America are owned by Jews.  So, in attacking the big banks, Breitbart can't help but to look anti-Semite.

Could you show me where Breitbart mentioned this?

On 2/10/2017 at 9:58 AM, singlebilingual said:

Could you show me where Breitbart mentioned this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitbart_News

Breitbart News is founded by Andrew Breitbart who launched the news site to unapologetically support the state of Israel among other conservative right wing ideologies.  He himself was raised Jewish and many interviews of him can be found on YouTube which unmistakably shows his biased love for Israel.

The mainstream narrative that Breitbart News is anti-semite is the definition of fake news and the truth cannot be farther from what the mainstream media wants to portray (much like nearly all their news against Trump).

On ‎2017‎년 ‎3‎월 ‎17‎일 at 7:41 AM, Tuffcore said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitbart_News

Breitbart News is founded by Andrew Breitbart who launched the news site to unapologetically support the state of Israel among other conservative right wing ideologies.  He himself was raised Jewish and many interviews of him can be found on YouTube which unmistakably shows his biased love for Israel.

The mainstream narrative that Breitbart News is anti-semite is the definition of fake news and the truth cannot be farther from what the mainstream media wants to portray (much like nearly all their news against Trump).

Yes, I've read the Wikipedia info before. I just don't know where in Breitbart News that the article is located.

45 minutes ago, singlebilingual said:

Yes, I've read the Wikipedia info before. I just don't know where in Breitbart News that the article is located.

What do you think of Trump in office so far?  

He has done a lot in a very short time (especially compared to Obama who wasn't as active).  Some of it has been good and others not so much.  I think overall he has to at least be given credit for following through on campaign promises.  Overall, it hasn't been a total disaster that the media wants everyone to think.

On ‎2017‎년 ‎3‎월 ‎18‎일 at 8:54 AM, Tuffcore said:

What do you think of Trump in office so far?  

He has done a lot in a very short time (especially compared to Obama who wasn't as active).  Some of it has been good and others not so much.  I think overall he has to at least be given credit for following through on campaign promises.  Overall, it hasn't been a total disaster that the media wants everyone to think.

I find Trump to be highly unpredictable because he really doesn't do what he said he'd do. Part of the reason for that is because he clearly didn't know both the domestic and international situations. So despite what he said during his candidacy, I get the feeling that he won't be able to or really had no intention to do most of what he said he'd do. There are so much to talk about Trump. I'll just choose a few for now and mention the others later

When Trump was running for the presidency, he believed and claimed that South Korea wasn't paying for the US bases in South Korea. He said that he'd make South Korea pay or just withdraw the US military. This hasn't happened because South Korea already started to pay for a huge proportion on the US bases a long time ago. And contrary to Trump's claim, South Korea has a large army and airforce, all paid by the South Koreans themselves. Trump's stance on Korea changed. He values the regional importance of Korea now, clearly after being debriefed by the CIA. The Japanese pay a huge sum for the US base in Okinawa, too. Although Japan's current military is mainly defensive and Japan's army is smaller than South Korea's, Japan's military spending is very high, all paid by the Japanese. The spending is high because Japan's military is highly advanced and strong, especially the navy. Note that the current US militaries in South Korea and Japan are much smaller than the South Korean and the Japanese ones.

The moment he claimed that he could make Mexico pay for the wall showed me how ignorant he was about the world. International diplomacy is very different from making business deals. The Mexican president refused to meet Trump after Trump said not to think of meeting him without agreeing to pay for the wall. Some of the Trump supporters told me that he could put tariffs on Mexican imports. What they didn't realize was that the Americans would be paying these tariffs, not the Mexicans. And if the tariffs make less Mexican imports enter the US, then that means less funds for the wall. The wall would be quite expensive. So far, Trump hasn't imposed any tariffs on Mexican imports as far as I can tell. Trump lowered the funds that benefit the Americans who are less fortunate. According to the media (depending on which media you look at), those funds might be used for the wall. By the way, illegal immigration from Mexico went down before Trump became the president. More are coming in from a few of the smaller countries south of Mexico. I'll talk about that some other time.

Another of his contradictions was that many of his supporters believed that he'd lower military spending and that he'd make the US less militarily involved around the world. Many of his supporters thought of him this way because he criticized the invasion on Iraq and because he said that he'd make the other countries pay for the US military deployed in their countries or make the US military leave. However, he also said that he'd make the US be more militarily involved in the Middle East, which contradicts the claim that he'd be less involved outside the US militarily. And I heard that he wants to increase the number of nuclear weapons.

This reminds me of what a WWII generation American told me many years ago. I myself really don't know what the answer to military aggression is. She said that what she learned from WWII was that the US should've been involved early on to prevent the war or to end it early before the war got bigger. This case is very different from Iraq, which was done over false claims about the WMDs that were supposedly over there. I think the older generation's experience with WWII is the main reason why the US has been involved militarily around the world. Of course, this isn't the only reason.

Btw, have you been paying attention to the news? I've never seen a US president in so much trouble early in his term as much as Trump is right now. He clearly has a bad relationship with the intelligence agencies and the press. The world leaders (and possibly even Putin in secret) look down on him. And the judges don't agree with him.

On 3/19/2017 at 8:14 AM, singlebilingual said:

What's going on with your avatar?

I was drying pants on a hanger on my wall.

12 or 13 years ago... ya... don't ask Lol.  I meant to change my avatar but didn't and now there is sentimental value just keeping it forever.

On 3/19/2017 at 11:03 PM, singlebilingual said:

he clearly didn't know both the domestic and international situations.

...clearly after being debriefed by the CIA...

I think you answered it right there.  

Trump wasn't briefed by the CIA during his campaign about the details of the situation, or any situation for that matter.  Trump was just a regular civilian like us and we can only run for President with the information we have been given by the mainstream media.  Yet, ever since this election cycle concluded, it's obvious we cannot trust the mainstream media at face value anymore and they clearly push certain narratives that favor them.  I'm not saying the Mainstream Media (MSM) outright lies or releases Fake News (which is a hot topic lately) but they lie through omission far too often and the focus of their journalism is too obviously partisan. 

For all we know, Trump probably wanted to withdraw all troops from South Korea until someone from the CIA gave him the *wink wink nudge nudge* double/triple conspiracy run down and explained to him the convoluted hidden handshakes under the table that is not suppose to see the light of day.  The South Korean President just got impeached so who knows how deep the corruption goes. 

I wouldn't even be surprised if the CIA continues to hide secrets from Trump to this moment given there may be some secret agencies within the CIA working alongside the deep state to overthrow Trump somehow.  At this point, why should we even be surprised?  Wikileaks just revealed the CIA illegally spies on all Americans by gaining access to their smart phones, smart TVs, smart homes, etc.  This is the biggest scandal to rock America in the last month but the MSM are quick to sweep it under the rug and discredit wikileaks instead.  The MSM are quick to re-focus the public on Trump's possible Russian ties.

James Comey, the director of the FBI, is a prime exhibit of MSM's bi-polar disease.  First, Comey explains there is not sufficient evidence to prove Obama ordered wiretapping of Trump hotel.  Comey and the FBI are praised for their work by the MSM.  Next article, Comey states they did not find any evidence to link Trump to Russian collusion during the campaign. Sudden, James Comey needs to be put behind bars himself.  Get serious.

The moment he claimed that he could make Mexico pay for the wall showed me how ignorant he was about the world.

Of all his campaign promises, i'm the most skeptical of this one myself.  He could perhaps get Mexico to pay for a portion of it or "some" of it but "ALL"?  I'm very doubtful.  He wants to impose a 20% tariff on Mexico with the money collected going to the wall but that hasn't been made to pass yet and like you said, it may not all be paid by Mexicans.  Some of that will be paid by Americans.

But what's most telling for me personally, and distracted away from attention by the MSM, is Mexico's reluctance to accept the wall and pay for a portion of it out of good faith to combat illegal migrants and the drug export problem.  It would have been big on them if they took the initiative themselves to build a wall and/or support the idea of the wall, at least in principle and then work with Trump to create a fiscal plan to accomplish it.  OR, counter propose another idea that they think may work even better.  Their refusal to participate in change is very telling.  To me, drug money is big money and the Mexican government knows it.  Again, it's too bad this is not a focal point of America's news organizations.

The idea of the wall is extreme and i know for a fact it turned off many voters but what turned off even more voters was Hillary's obsession with a no-fly zone in Syria.  There were many who understood the magnitude of direct engagement with the Russians.  America voted against Hillary and saved America from nuclear war with Russia.

Another of his contradictions was that many of his supporters believed that he'd lower military spending and that he'd make the US less militarily involved around the world. Many of his supporters thought of him this way because he criticized the invasion on Iraq and because he said that he'd make the other countries pay for the US military deployed in their countries or make the US military leave. However, he also said that he'd make the US be more militarily involved in the Middle East, which contradicts the claim that he'd be less involved outside the US militarily. And I heard that he wants to increase the number of nuclear weapons.

I don't ever recall him saying he will spend less on military but he did want to destroy ISIS.  He also spoke about modernizing America's nuclear arsenal because the Russians are upgraded and state of the art.  America's nuclear weapons technology is lagging behind according to him.

But speaking of the Middle East, 

It's pretty easy to connect the dots here.

- The Saudis and Qatar wanted a piece of the EU Natural Gas Market but a pipeline to Europe would have to go through Syria.  Their problem was Assad is Putin's friend and is used by Putin to protect Russia's near monopoly of Europe's Natural Gas markets.   Saudis and Qatar donated to the Clinton foundation and funded her Presidential campaign according to wikipedia.  They wanted to overthrow Assad and install a friendly puppet leader.  According to Wikileaks, Saudi and Qatar funds ISIS to destabilize Syria (i wish i was making this up but it's true). Hillary in return spoke openly about setting up a no-fly zone in Syria to engage the Russians in war and was willing to spill American blood in exchange for donations to her family foundation.

- In comes Trump to screw up all their plans.

- The media has since been recruited to create a false narrative that Trump is a Russian spy, basically.  Because it looks like it on the surface.  The biggest benefactor of Assad staying in power is Russia.

- There is no link between Trump and Russia.  Confirmed by the CIA.  It appears Trump is simply a patriot who does not believe American blood should be spilled for Saudi and Qatar.  He is a hero for breaking up their scheme but this will not be the mainstream narrative even though it should be.  The MSM continue to push the Russian link.

This reminds me of what a WWII generation American told me many years ago. I myself really don't know what the answer to military aggression is. She said that what she learned from WWII was that the US should've been involved early on to prevent the war or to end it early before the war got bigger. This case is very different from Iraq, which was done over false claims about the WMDs that were supposedly over there. I think the older generation's experience with WWII is the main reason why the US has been involved militarily around the world. Of course, this isn't the only reason.

Of course starting wars to prevent wars is not the reason for war. 

It can even be argued that Hitler merely wanted to reclaim German territories that were cut up and unfairly given to neighboring countries following World War One.  Hitler came from the streets and rose to political stardom in the early 30's and eventually took power in 1934.  When Hitler first took power, Germany was struggling with upwards of 30% unemployment rate but within 6 years under his leadership, Germany's unemployment numbers vanished to almost zero and Germany become the world's most financially powerful country in the world (meanwhile, America and the West was continuing to suffer as a result of the Great Depression).  It has been recorded in historical testimony that nearly all German's living in Hitler's Germany considered Hitler's Germany to be the greatest and most prosperous time of their life.  

Feeling great about his accomplishments, Hitler later acted on desires to bring back German territories lost to other countries as a result of WWI by first re-uniting with Austria and then Czechoslovakia. After that, according to the mainstream narrative, Nazi Germany began a propaganda to sell the idea the Polish were committing genocide in former German territories they currently held.  But reality is, it's a much more complicated story than that, https://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/articles/wrsynopsis.html

Ultimately, Germany invaded Poland in alliance with Russia to reclaim lost German territories (a lot of people didn't know Russia started WW2 on Germany's side).  Russia and Germany eventually fought one another and that's when all hell broke loose.  It has been noted that Germans captured many Polish soldiers and put them into camps.  When the German army retreated, they lost these camps to the Russians.  When the Germany army advanced, they reclaimed these camps.  Each time the German army retreated, the camps were full of Polish Soldiers.  Each time the German army reclaimed the camps, they found all the Polish soldiers dead.

History, as they say, is written by the winners.  Hitler's Germany was not allowed to narrate the war in Poland against Russia.  That honor belonged to Joseph Stalin, the most brutal dictator in history killing upwards of 50-million people during his reign.  His story of war events in Poland, the camps, the tactics, etc became the mainstream story.  He is where we got the story from.  Do you trust anything Stalin says?

The mainstream story goes something like, "first Austria, then Czechoslovakia, then Poland, and then the rest of the world."  But there is ample evidence to suggest Hitler merely wanted to reclaim German territory that he felt rightfully belonged to Germany and nothing more.  Yet, hey, winners write history, losers do not.  

There were about 12000 Jews serving in Hitler's army during WW2.  http://jbuff.com/c021606.htm 

The Nazi's also ran a program to help Jewish people in Germany settle in Palestine from 1933 to the start of WW2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haavara_Agreement  ...this agreement has been spun a hundred different ways but it shows an openness to "not kill Jews" and just relocate them out of Germany.  The history of Jews and the hatred of Jews in Germany is not so clearly black and white.  There was a lot of grey unlike what we've been told.  

Anyways, i can go on for pages but my point is, and you alluded to this a bit in your own post about the false narrative on Iraq's WMDs, you can't trust the mainstream story no matter how much you trust your local news organizations.  There is a war for your mind.  There is propaganda in news and they are so good at it that even the smartest people don't realize they were being lied to until decades later.

Btw, have you been paying attention to the news? I've never seen a US president in so much trouble early in his term as much as Trump is right now. He clearly has a bad relationship with the intelligence agencies and the press. The world leaders (and possibly even Putin in secret) look down on him. And the judges don't agree with him.

Four years from now, the Democrat candidate running against Trump's re-election will have the MSM behind them to push the narrative something along the lines of, "didn't the last 4 years feel like the American President got into so much trouble? Didn't it feel like he couldn't get along with his own party?  Didn't it feel like we were not respected around the world?" Etc, etc etc.  But stop and think about it.  Who is spreading this sentiment?  Trump got along great with Canada's Justin Trudeau. They even founded a program to help female entrepreneurs together.  Where is MSM on this?

This is like me asking you, "is your thigh itchy?  It's itchy right?  Like you need to scratch your thigh?"  And I do this for 3 months and you will subconsciously think about your thigh and have it in the back of your mind.

The GOP establishment elites have been fighting Trump since the Primaries so they will be in government pushing establishment agendas to counter Trump.  This is Trump resisting the deep state and fighting for the people of America but it will be written in the MSM as a fracturing GOP that's about to implode.

No, Trump is not perfect.  He has some serious character issues he has to resolve.  He makes himself an easy target.  He needs to stop fighting with lowly people like Arnold Schwarzenegger because he needs to be a bigger person than that.  He has made some crazy campaign promises that will either not happen or happen at an altered/reduced state.  He offered almost no details into all of his campaign promises and so that's a problem because he now has to actually put stuff into writing and push it through the branches of government.  

To end before this post gets seriously way too long, MSM cannot be trusted at face value.  Absolutely cannot be trusted at face value.  They don't outright release fake news but they definitely drive focus where they want it to be.  I would look for alternative news on youtube and other places to get the news "from the other side" and then decide what to absorb and what to reject.

• Like 1

^you made me google the hell out of nazi germany lol. so many different views and opinions. dont know what to believe in anymore. but i cant be bothered spending years reading well regarded unbiased sources on the topic.