Quantcast

(edited - to start new page with beautiful smile)

1O9XmHr.jpg

Oh .... Shin Hye Sun.

Why you made me cry twice on the same day with your MV and your drama ?......  :cold_sweat::dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

It's so sad but I want more.

(very spolier alert).

Spoiler

Only 1st episode but this scene almost killed me.  Can't imagine how sad the other two will be. :bawling::heartbreak::skull:

gyXWAHJ.png

xemRKj3.jpg

Good night everybody :heart:

Bcdj0qD.jpg

qmbw3iy.jpg

Edited by immorethant
  • Like 3

Was trying to put a good pic at the start of Page 99, but the system kept on adding the pics to the current post, again and again and forever. Felt like I enter a Black Mirror episode.

SHS is, unsurprisingly, awesome in that video- the acting is at a much higher level than the music. My interpretation of the scenes:

KDW is a South Korean scientist. He has been captured and confined by an unknown organization.

The organization is attempting to condition KDW by altering his sense of reality, and providing him with memories. He thinks he is suffering from a cognitive illness... but actually he has been consuming psychotropic drugs by the pile.

SHS is a figment of his tortured, distorted mind. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

20181127225950777ryrl.jpg

Took time out of work to find a stream live.

Never has Shin Hye-Sun glowed radiantly like this on screen.

Every scene she sparkled and gleamed and took my breath away.

I am astonished at her genius. Her continually surprising new revelation with each new work she takes on.

Her Japanese, too, sounded wonderful to my ears.

Move over, Go Ae-Shin, here's Yoon Shim-Duck who slays us with her vocal cord. :skull:

• Like 3

For best results, watch the first video with no sound, while playing the second video:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

So is SHS really singing? Cause if so...wow.

Vocals by Cho Hanna.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

Never has Shin Hye-Sun glowed radiantly like this on screen.

Every scene she sparkled and gleamed and took my breath away.

I am astonished at her genius. Her continually surprising new revelation with each new work she takes on.

@meechuttso  Absolutely agreed.  Brilliant acting our goddess. :thumbsup::love::innocent: 

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

Move over, Go Ae-Shin, here's Yoon Shim-Duck who slays us with her vocal cord.

No offense here for Go Ae-shin's fan, I watched the scenes that Eugene and Ae-shin missing and longing for each other, those are very good.  However, I think those can't compare with the greatness of SHS's eyes emotional expression of today's 'Snowfall' and that ending 'Hymn of Death'  tearful scenes.  :bawling:

(I read some LJS fan comments and they said she also made them cry with the last scene.)

And another best thing of ep1 is .... "SHS eating scene".  Yeah !!!!   :w00t::P:wub:

Every male lead who saw her eating in drama will end up fall in love with her LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Vocals by Cho Hanna.

Ah, thanks. :) 

Her acting is really good. (I am one of those LJS fans, although I really loved SHS in 30 But 17.) The whole thing is very haunting and atmospheric.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, immorethant said:

And another best thing of ep1 is .... "SHS eating scene".  Yeah !!!!

Yes someone please do a gif of her stuffing herself with the noodles and talking with her mouth full as if Kim Woojin knows what's she talking about :joy:

SO cute! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Yes someone please do a gif of her stuffing herself with the noodles and talking with her mouth full as if Kim Woojin knows what's she talking about :joy:

As your request, my dear lieutenant. ^_^

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Her acting skill is more advance in this drama, now she can combine diction and eating in the same scene...LOL. :joy: What a pity we can't put sound in GIF file.

• LOL 3

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/11/he-hymn-of-death-pilot-ep-1-spoilers.html?m=1

So this is the first time I have ever seen people insulting her diction and acting:unamused:

Is it that bad? I wouldn’t know regarding the diction part, so please, anyone, enlighten me...I could have sworn she had awesome diction! Because this is upsetting to see...hope this doesn’t sadden her too much. 

They can’t deny that she’s gorgeous at least! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sunshine92 said:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/11/he-hymn-of-death-pilot-ep-1-spoilers.html?m=1

So this is the first time I have ever seen people insulting her diction and acting:unamused:

Is it that bad? I wouldn’t know regarding the diction part, so please, anyone, enlighten me...I could have sworn she had awesome diction! Because this is upsetting to see...hope this doesn’t sadden her too much. 

They can’t deny that she’s gorgeous at least! 

Reading some of those comments was a bit upsetting. But the bad comments seemed rather ill-informed.

A few comments:

4. [+45,-4]
I like everything, but the singing parts were too obvious that she lip-synced them

9. [+77,-12]
Because Shin Hye Sun says her lines pretty quickly, I don't think she fits the atmosphere that historical dramas have.. 

10. [+120,-39]
I was looking forward to this, but the female lead's diction doesn't match with historical dramas. What a pity. 

• The musical lip-synching did not come out well, but seems that would largely be outside of SHS' responsibility. It's not a reasonable expectation for any actress to sing at Shim Deok's level. No matter who was cast, they would be lip-synching to a professional soprano's voice. Sound engineers, etc. prob. should have cleaned that up a bit better.
  • If SHS' delivery/diction didn't fit the "atmosphere of the period", the director should have had her make adjustments. But the actual,  "real-life" Shim Deok probably didn't fit the "atmosphere of the period" she lived in, so SHS's direction was probably to act that way.
  • SHS' job wasn't "to be gorgeous", her job was to be Shim Deok. 

I'll trust the opinions of expert reviewers after the drama is complete, over the opinions of some random netizens one-third of the way through.

SHS's performance might be better-received/better understood when the entire drama is considered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, sunshine92 said:

I've read that too, but I rather think if it's other actress who plays this role they will also find something to complain eventually. Don't mind that comments, I think those are not her fan and never watched her previous drama either.

Only thing that it's not great in EP1 (but it's ok) , I admitted that the lip-sync scene is not believable enough. However I know it's difficult to find an actress who can sing soprano and can act well and with the short time given to shoot this drama.  (I agreed with @kokkuri33 that it's director's responsibility to make it believable or request re-take). Hope the singing scene will be better in the next EPs.  

About the atmosphere of that period, I think the production team said in the interview that she's the perfect cast.  So the way her acting is suitable for the period or not ,it's the interpretation of director, which we can see in the drama that he wanted Sim Deok to be portrayed as a modern woman (who spoke what she thought, who studied abroad and be able to sing and read foreign songs and even grasp man's arm first in public). So we can't compare her with other Joseon dramas which women is more shy and timid.

it's the thing that we and SHS must accept when our beloved actress became more famous. There're always admirers and haters. We can't change people's thoughts , we just can do our job which is posting all beautiful things and keep admiring and supporting our SHS and hope her acting will win and convert more fan's heart. :blush:

(I think SHS will not mind much about those comments, for her, I think just to be able to act in any drama already makes her happy. As Seo-ri once said, to be able to perform in front of audience is ok,  but be able to do what she loves is better).

(edited)

Yesterday's rating.  No 1 in timeslot.

Nielsen 

Nationwide 7.4/7.8

Seoul 8.3/8.9

YvbiG9L.jpg

TNMS

2ks2ZdZ.jpg

LJS IG said that he was happy with the rating. It's better than he expected. (I read translation from fan's twitter)

wiKIYDt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3