Quantcast

Here we are - she's on our screen again, moving about and transporting us to yet another place and another time. :innocent::skull::scream::bawling:

tumblr_pi1ygk1af01valxs7o7_r2_400.gif Top of new page - I'm getting lucky lately. Here she says of her 5Children mom role , Park Hye-Sook, "mother, as always, is still a sexy actress." (you know, just to balance it out a bit from the heavy drama coming).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@meechuttso  Oh...from the teaser, now I'm more confident that this will be a great drama.  

Just listening to her voice-over made me sad already  :bawling:

TX5bjiC.png
(credit: IWANNACU twitter)

(edited) 

Some comments from LJS's fan instagrams. Make me so happy.

"I heard their voices and gave me goosebumps"

"Shin Hye Sun look so pretty, elegant, and so tall. Can't imagine she matched quite well with Jong Suk. Now we just need to see their acting then. Since both has excellent skills I have a high expectation"

"Did u see her expression, towards the end.. no words needed.. oh my"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Translation of the poetic words beautifully spoken by the pair in the first trailer. Two key words sounded tricky, but as always, @meechuttso goes out on a limb to try for you, chingoos.B)

윤심덕:  막한 광야에 ... 달리는인생아. 너의 가는곳, 그게어데이냐?

김우진: 삶에 열중한 가련한 인생아. 너는 칼위??에 ... 춤추는자도다

Yoon Shim-Duk:

In an interminable desert place, running Thou ('life'). Goest Thou, Whither?

Kim Woo-Jin:

Living life, fully absorbed in, piteous Thou ('life'). (On??) a Knife Thou Art, ... one who dances.

광막한, 광막하다 - wider than appears

인생 - meaning a 'life', or lifetime, used in the third person here like 'soul' (referring to a person or an individual).

If you want the plain jane english:

Spoiler

YSD: Yo, you crazy one there running hard in the desolate place, what is your destination?

KWJ: You so zealously absorbed in living, you piteous life, ... are like one who dances on a knife.

Me, personally? She had me on 광 (first syllable).:wub::sweatingbullets::phew:

This is going to be GOOOOOOD! Worthy of every ounce of acting chops Shin Hye-Sun can muster with her 29 years on earth!

9998B74F5BE94D7309

Edited by meechuttso
Added youtube embed.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just hearing her narration gives me goosepimples. I can't wait to see her excel and impress even more people with this role.

This drama is definitely going to be VERY GOOD! Like I always say, and I'm not tired to repeat, her acting never ever disappoints. 

• Like 4

Thank you @meechuttso  Love this one. LOL :lol:  (When one fan asked her to draw the rabbit of "Thirteen but seventeen" !)

9VRyhV9.jpg

yZVk7k2.jpg

(edited)

And this is the moon rabbit that she draw (from https://twitter.com/piness81)

1NfzynS.jpg

(edited)

Oh, I just know from soompi's article here that the voice-over of both SHS and LJS in the 1st teaser are from 'Hymn of Death' lyric. 

link for lyric and translation

This sentence is so sad :bawling:

행복 찾는 인생들아
[The lives seeking for happiness]
너 찾는 것 허무--
[it is the emptiness that you are seeking.]

• Like 3

On 11/10/2018 at 7:55 PM, immorethant said:

Thank you @meechuttso  for Forever Young photos.

Love her short hair in this drama.  I think she's prettier than the female lead. :P

v5KJFO9.png

@immorethant

Good to see some "Forever Young" photos. The teacher from Vietnam (Kim Tuyến) finished in a distant 2nd to SHS in the FYPR- the FL wasn't even in the Top 3. Not sure if the versatility SHS displayed in playing two very different versions of "Mi So" helped her get future roles, but the experience probably helped her future performances. These were our first hints of SHS' Acting Power!

@sunshine92 

It was weird to see SHS show up on a K-poppers IG, but great to see her hanging out with an entertainment industry peer. (But would still bet that SHS prefers anime music over K-pop.)

@meechuttso

Thought you were going to get banned from that other thread!

This thread is ~ 3500 pages behind some of the other actor/actress threads- we need to recruit some IMMORTAL members, so we can close that gap!

• Like 3

A bespectacled SHS on the loose, actually instagramming for the second time in 7 days! Olive Young endorsement-related?

• Like 3

@kokkuri33  She's so cute with glasses :wub:.  I think it's Olive Young's Botanic Heal (boH) ad shooting.

Read a news saying that popular boy band  "god" will release a new album for 20th anniversary concert.

And SHS will play in the music video which will be shot on Nov 19.   (source)

Wow, god  vs goddess.  Really want to see this. :scream:

(edited)

New still cuts and article from  'Hymn of Death'

s5T0UPw.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1265349wpp/shin-hye-sun-doleful-soprano-death-song

Shin Hye Sun’s character Yoon Shim Deok is Joseon’s first soprano. She is a modern woman who stood in front of the crowd with her talent and effort. She was an outspoken person even though the norm of the era did not allow women to be active or independent. Viewers can feel the captivating charms of Yoon Shim Deok in her sorrowful attitude.

The production team of “Death Song” revealed, “Shin Hye Sun is an actress with great acting skills who captures the delicate changes in emotions and who has the power and energy to lead the drama. She is perfect for portraying Yoon Shim Deok, a woman who has the pain of being in a tragic relationship and living in a hopeless era. Please look forward to Shin Hye Sun’s perfect and unique acting in ‘Death Song.'

• Like 3

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

The production team of “Death Song” revealed, “Shin Hye Sun is an actress with great acting skills who captures the delicate changes in emotions and who has the power and energy to lead the drama. She is perfect for portraying Yoon Shim Deok, a woman who has the pain of being in a tragic relationship and living in a hopeless era. Please look forward to Shin Hye Sun’s perfect and unique acting in ‘Death Song.'

That is a pretty accurate description of SHS. Definitely looking forward to "Death Song."

Don't know anything about the boy band "God", that is the opposite of the music I listen to. But seems like a good/fun opportunity for SHS!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

Don't know anything about the boy band "God",

It's a polpular band durring 1999-2005 (the year that they broke up).  In 2014 they reunion again releasing new album for 15th anniversary.

Now they will release new album for 20th anniversary. The MV of new song 'Snow falls' starring SHS will be aired on Nov 27 at 6 pm. Wow, same day as 'Hymn of Death'.:love:

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000018326

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for keeping us posted on the latest. Fabulous job you guys are doing. I'm so happy for Shin Hye-Sun. :innocent:

EDIT

As for what's great about the music video news, both the actor Kim Dong-Wook and the group Gee-Oh-Dee (as they are known) are some of South Koreans' favorites (in a somewhat nationalistic but in a good and wholesome kind of way) and her work with them represent another heightened level of popularity class she's entering into, among the 30-40 year-old audience. I would love to see either/both KDW and Yoon Kye-Sang (successfully transitioned as the actor from the GOD group - he was excellent in 'the Good Wife') in future pairing with our Asia's finest actress.

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, immorethant said:

It's a popular band during 1999-2005 (the year that they broke up).  In 2014 they reunion again releasing new album for 15th anniversary. Now they will release new album for 20th anniversary.

Out of the past 20 years, they broke up for 10? Calling this a "20th Anniversary" seems rather questionable.

I hope, in this version of "Hymn of Death", that Yoon Shim Deok survives with Kim Woo Jin, and they hide out somewhere WW2-proof.

Not a fan of when SHS characters die, SHS characters being "doleful" is my limit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

(7 days before 'Hymn of Death')

Reading news about her new MV reminds me of my favorite MV scenes.

BGXOJo7.pngk9a3zNl.png

eZ1Gst9.pngrXNz8Rp.png

Top 20 2018 Korean TV Drama (only mini-series) with highest rating. (source).

Congratulations to SHS and 30but17 team for the 6th place. :w00t:

I noticed from this list,  the 1st-5th place are dramas which aired before 30but17.

That means after 30but17 ended there's no other drama got more average rating.

It's a prove of either SHS's good project choosing or her acting power to gain this rating.  ^_^

V3R0gBq.jpg

P.S.  Been 2 months already, but I still can't get over 30but17. After it ended I watched many other dramas but can't finish any of them.   When I watched other dramas, don't know why I kept imagining if SHS plays this/that role how good she will be or how she will give more depth to emotional scenes.  :P 

• Like 3

tumblr_picayp6XfF1valxs7o4_r1_640.jpg

I love everything about this pic.:rolleyes:

tumblr_picayp6XfF1valxs7o5_r1_1280.png

And from some KDW fans posting scenes from the music video shooting they did today.:wub:

Here's the snow backdrop from one of her 2 managers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqXB_w4l7tq/

And the indoor studio or room pic from the other manager.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqWGy4jhnRv/

Hi everyone. Getting cold outside everywhere - but it's nice to know she's staying busy with all this good stuff going on.:sweatingbullets:

I wonder if they play the new song, 'Snow Falling' in the background as they do the video shoots. Maybe there'll be a BTS of that, too.:phew:

Regarding the Gee-Oh-Dee oldboy-band,

god의 신곡 뮤직비디오에는 영화 ‘신과 함께’ 드라마 ‘손 더 게스트’에서 활약한 배우 김동욱과 드라마 ‘황금빛 내인생’ ‘서른이지만 열일곱입니다’ 그리고 ‘사의 찬미’에 출연한 배우 신혜선이 남·녀 주인공을 맡은 것으로 전해졌다. 신곡의 무대는 20주년 콘서트에서 공개될 가능성이 높아졌다.

In g.o.d.'s new music video 'With the gods' drama and 'Hand the Guest' actor Kim Dong-Wook and drama 'MGL', '30but17' and 'Hymn of Death' actress Shin Hye-Sun will take on male-female leads it was announced. The new song is likely to be revealed at the 20th anniversary concert.

지난 1999년 데뷔한 god는 2019년 년 1월 13일이 20주년이지만 이에 앞서 올해 예능 프로그램, 완전체 앨범, 그리고 기념 콘서트 등을 통해 20주년 프로젝트의 퍼즐을 맞춰나가고 있다.

g.o.d. who debuted in 1999, while Jan 13th 2019 is their 20th anniversary, through variety program, full album, and anniversary concert, etc., are putting the pieces to the 20th anniversary project puzzle into place.

god 20주년 기념 콘서트 ‘그레이티스트’(god 20th Anniversary Concert ‘GREATEST’)는 11월 30일~12월 2일 올림픽공원 체조경기장에서 열리는 서울 공연을 시작으로 내달 22일에는 부산 벡스코, 24일 대구로 이어진다. 지난 2014년 12년 만에 완전체로 컴백하며 가진 데뷔 15주년 콘서트에 이어 매년 팬들을 만나고 있는 god는 매 공연마다 솔드아웃을 기록하는 가운데 이번 20주년 콘서트 티켓도 10분만에 전석이 매진됐다.

g.o.d.'s 20th anniversary concert, 'Greatest' will open on Nov 30 - Dec 2 at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena with Seoul concert then on Dec 22 at Busan Bexco, then to Daegu on Dec 24. ... Each concert g.o.d. has been sold out, and this 20th anniversary tickets also were gone within 10 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing her video play in the backdrop of these big venues. :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Credit to owner

Love her smile:wub: 

So I am hearing news of Lee Jong Suk working with his ideal... and all I have to say is #whenwillSHSever #WonBin #willpatientlywait 

I am so forever thankful to Won Bin for making our girl pursue acting. It would be her dream to work with him one day or maybe let’s start with a CF since he seems to love doing those primarily:sweatingbullets:

@meechuttso Leave it to you to know everything! Also thanks for plain Jane English...I needed that lol

Spoiler

I have never looked forward to a Tuesday as much next Tuesday!!! Thanks everyone for news, translations and pretty pics!! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, immorethant said:

(7 days before 'Hymn of Death')

Reading news about her new MV reminds me of my favorite MV scenes.

BGXOJo7.pngk9a3zNl.png

Been 2 months already, but I still can't get over 30but17. After it ended I watched many other dramas but can't finish any of them.   When I watched other dramas, don't know why I kept imagining if SHS plays this/that role how good she will be or how she will give more depth to emotional scenes.  :P 

I YouTubed some South Korean bands, and decided that SHS should do an MV for Gostwind or The Jaxx.

The only kdrama I liked since 3017 was "Terius." SHS picked a good drama season to stay on the sidelines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1