Quantcast

OOPS SORRY. Didn't notice my post was at the top. lol

EDITED FOR SOME EYECANDIES (I can post more than 1, right?)

Miss Universe 2018 has just finished and these photos are so apt because she looks, in every way, like a beauty queen.

Wj3K9Cb.jpg

minWEUJ.jpg

On 12/15/2018 at 9:38 PM, immorethant said:

@Ni Wen 

Below is how to post image.

Reveal hidden contents

If the picture is already in the internet, you can just right-click and select 'Copy image address' and past the link here.

The picture will be shown automatically.

But if the image is in your computer/mobile device, then you must find some image hosting site to upload the image first. For example,   https://imgur.com/upload   or  https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

After you uploaded the file , right click at the uploaded image and select 'Open image in new tab' , the uploaded image will be opened new tab and you will see image link url (ended with '.jpg'  , for example "https://i.imgur.com/4QW7370.jpg")  which you can just copy and paste in your post.

Industry Reps Vote For 2018’s Best Actors, Dramas, And Rookies

https://www.soompi.com/article/1278559wpp/industry-reps-vote-2018s-best-actors-dramas-rookies

A recent survey by Korean media outlet News1 asked 25 industry representatives to vote for the dramas and actors that left their mark on 2018.

Actress of the Year

1. Kim Tae Ri (6 votes)
  2. Kim Nam Joo (5 votes)
  3. Son Ye Jin (4 votes)
  4. IU (3 votes)
  5. Han Ji Min (2 votes)
  6. Park Min Young, Yum Jung Ah, Jung In Sun, Nam Ji Hyun, Shin Hye Sun (1 vote each)

Note:  From all actresses who played in this year SBS's drama, SHS is the only actress who was voted for this Actress of the Year.  So SBS must love her so much. ^_^ 

Rookie Actress of the Year

1. Kim Tae Ri (6 votes)
  2. Park Se Wan (3 votes)
  3. Lee Seol, Jin Ki Joo (2 votes each)
  4. Shin Hye Sun, Seo Eun Soo, Chae Soo Bin, Seol In Ah, Lee Soo Kyung (1 vote each)

WHY IS SHE A ROOKIE? HOW? LOL

So thrilled with the news of LJH joining SHS as an emcee. :blush:

Re-watching HoD on Netflix this time. The visuals are like 10x better. lol 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

Hymn of Death Director's Cut Blu-ray.

Please help support if you can afford, because it's short drama and only order within Koran may not be sufficient to make the production happen.

COZWImy.jpg

Link --> http://m.cafe.daum.net/HehymnofdeathBD 

100,000 won could buy a lot of jjangmyeon. 

• LOL 4

How on earth are these blurays so expensive?!!!! 

And @kokkuri33, uh definitely not helping. :smirk:

Spoiler

'Innocent' crime-scene shooting.

SHS in 2nd clip. :scream::love:

That walk is so her. lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Previously I wanted to pre-order 30but17 blu-ray too, but for that price (USD 223.70)  I can buy my lunch for the whole month, so I didn't.  Now I regret that already :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, immorethant said:

Innocent' crime-scene shooting.

SHS in 2nd clip

Woo that is her in killer heels? She can finally wear heels :lol:

Can't wait to watch this! 

Now I regret that already :P

Me too. I regret because I love that drama so much. But... it is still.... extremely expensive :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Woo that is her in killer heels? She can finally wear heels :lol:

Can't wait to watch this! 

Watching 'Innocent' clip gives me goosebumps like seeing Young Eun-soo come back to life. I still imagine this movie as 'Secret Forest' spin-off sequel happened in parallel universe where she's still alive. :P

Is there any news of SBS drama nomination list released already ? 

Why today I saw a few news mentioned SHS as candidate ?   However, google translation is very difficult to read.

http://www.sisunnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=94452#closed

http://www.anewsa.com/detail.php?number=1447248

Good article of 2017 KBS drama awards (with nice pics and gifs)

https://m.blog.naver.com/kbjsy717/221178052872

• Like 1

5 hours ago, immorethant said:

Is there any news of SBS drama nomination list released already ? 

Why today I saw a few news mentioned SHS as candidate ?   However, google translation is very difficult to read.

http://www.sisunnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=94452#closed

http://www.anewsa.com/detail.php?number=1447248

Good article of 2017 KBS drama awards (with nice pics and gifs)

https://m.blog.naver.com/kbjsy717/221178052872

Those google translates did not work out well- it seemed like SHS (Seo Ri) was nominated against the guy from "Should we kiss first?" (Kam Woo Sung)??

Also saw this post on Instagram, but haven't seen this info anywhere else. Lee Dong Gun as SHS' non-angel interest? (the "Dr. Jang" character in the @kokkuri33 version, LDG seems more like fellow chaebol, though)

Don't know if this is true, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:
11 hours ago, immorethant said:

Those google translates did not work out well- it seemed like SHS (Seo Ri) was nominated against the guy from "Should we kiss first?" (Kam Woo Sung)?

Why do I interpret it as her vying for the daesang with Kam Woo Sung? :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

After trying to use translation program sentence by sentence. 

the 1st article may be correct, for this year SBS daesang's nominees.

The nominees for the 2018 SBS drama are Kam Woo-Sung from 'Should We Kiss First?' , Kim Yun-Jin from 'Ms. Ma, Nemesis'  and Park Jin-Hee from 'Return'. 

And it also mentioned SHS as an MC.

The 2nd article, I think the writer probably mixed up from the first one, saying that SHS will be candidate for daesang along with Kam Woo-Sung, which I don't think it's possible for her now. As I just saw the writer info at the bottom, the article was written by an intern reporter (which I think she is also SHS fan, so this can be forgiven).

So, I made myself embarrassed again (for how many times I can't count now). Sorry for false alarm :P

But this embarrassment can't stop me from giving another speculation.  

From my investigation and imagination (10% investigation and 90% imagination) I think that there might be reason that SBS decided to cut some episodes and ended '30but17' earlier, so that later they could have SHS available time to continue shooting/finishing and then aired 'Hymn of Death' within this year (and on the same Mon-Tue slot).  So that she can be nominated together for acting 2 different roles for 2 great dramas and probably has more chance to win Top Excellence actress . :innocent:

Last year gif.

GxaVwpt.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Don't know if this is true, though.

Thank you @immorethant. You are hard to keep up with. Confirmed according to https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001076872

His role name, 지강우, Ji Gang-Woo, ballet director, to show up as a classy attractive adult man. LoL

Spoiler

이동건은 극중 지강우 역으로 분할 예정. 지강우는 예술단 발레 감독으로, 매력적인 어른 남자의 품격을 선보일 것으로 기대된다.

Works for me. Being recently married to his kbs weekend drama costar from Wolgaesoo, he's only going to do 2nd fiddle now - no kissy kissy get the girl parts thanks to (rightly) jealous new RL wife.

This means the young looking angel will have to step it up, grow up!

I am looking forward to LDG (great name in any language, btw) portraying a tender man for a change.  I approve this 2nd fiddle.:phew:

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

The 2nd article, I think the writer probably mixed up from the first one, saying that SHS will be candidate for daesang along with Kam Woo-Sung, which I don't think it's possible for her now. As I just saw the writer info at the bottom, the article was written by an intern reporter (which I think she is also SHS fan, so this can be forgiven).

You were right the 1st time. She is, Daesang nominated. Why not? She already bagged the APAN top excellence prize.:w00t:

And I love your educated guess about why they rushed thru 30b17. SBS did the math, LJS + SHS while shes white-hot with 2018 momentum = $$$ for SBS. No brainer.B)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

33 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

Thank you @immorethant. You are hard to keep up with. Confirmed according to https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001076872

His role name, 지강우, Ji Gang-Woo, ballet director, to show up as a classy attractive adult man. LoL

Reveal hidden contents

이동건은 극중 지강우 역으로 분할 예정. 지강우는 예술단 발레 감독으로, 매력적인 어른 남자의 품격을 선보일 것으로 기대된다.

Works for me. Being recently married to his kbs weekend drama costar from Wolgaesoo, he's only going to do 2nd fiddle now - no kissy kissy get the girl parts thanks to (rightly) jealous new RL wife.

I am looking forward to LDG (great name in any language, btw) portraying a tender man for a change.  I approve this 2nd fiddle.:phew:

You were right the 1st time. She is, Daesang nominated. Why not? She already bagged the APAN top excellence prize.:w00t:

And I love your educated guess about why they rushed thru 30b17. SBS did the math, LJS + SHS while shes white-hot with 2018 momentum = $$$ for SBS. No brainer.B)

Are you serious SHS is nominated for Daesang award? This must be for her role in Death Song, but SERIOUSLY I am so proud and freaking excited for her. Cannot wait to watch SBS drama awards now and to be honest I don't care if she wins or not as it is an honour been nominated alone. 100% a testimony for her amazing and excellent acting skills.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

The way the previews are written it seems like LDG's character will be the first to fiddle, and the primary fiddler for the majority of the drama. Infinite's L's character will realize that he wants to be a fiddler late in the drama, will compete for fiddling rights, and will (likely) only be the primary fiddler for the last couple of episodes. (Though, being an angel, his ability to properly fiddle might be compromised.)

Being nominated for a Daesang Award is pretty impressive. Feels like only a few yesterdays ago that SHS was finishing tied for 4th place among rookie actresses in a poorly-constructed survey of insufficient sample size.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Here's a pic of SHS and Lim Ju-Hwan from OMG (2015) that I haven't seen before, and thought of @titania1000 - where are you lately?

8 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I'm missing @titania1000 too... where are you chingu?

Chingus, i miss you too!:heart:

Real life has been hard lately. I'm changing jobs often and have to work on a new degree.

So i wasn't really motivated to write in Soompi lately.

But to escape the pressure, i started a new drama, Children of nobody/Red moon Blue sun and got completely sucked in.

The discussions between my friends on twitter brought me back here, only few days ago. I wanted to share with them more comfortably the long and in depth thoughts that this little gem of thriller is inspiring.

I wasn't commenting  on SHS because i didn't have much to say: i'm still waiting for Netflix to air in my region Hymn of Death, to watch it.

I liked a lot the MV  Snowfall that she did with  Kim Dong Wook but it was too short and didn't allow them to bring out their chemistry or their acting skills.:(

I'm waiting with great hope for The Innocent (is it still the title?), her film with Bae Jong Ok to be filmed and released next year. 

But i hate her next drama project: i knew she was going to come back on tv with a rom com but the fact she picked one where her male costar is an idol is the worst choice ever.:wacko: 

No matter the quality of the content, i will never support her for wasting her time this way, so i'm just keeping my negativity for myself and  trying to not annoy my chingus here who still want to enjoy her work!:vicx:

Here few pretty gifs and pics to make up for my absence of activity! 

DutGhlkVYAAh1fi.jpg

DsM9x1uU0AEgIDp.jpg

giphy.gif

Source: OAO3017

I'm sure you're all tired of my endless praise of this drama but what can i do? My love for them refuses to fade away!  :bawling:

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

But i hate her next drama project: i knew she was going to come back on tv with a rom com but the fact she picked one where her male costar is an idol is the worst choice ever.:wacko: 

No matter the quality of the content, i will never support her for wasting her time this way, so i'm just keeping my negativity for myself and nto annoy my chingus here!:vicx:

It seems like SHS was faced with two sub-optimal options, for the timeframe after "Innocent" finishes filming in (late February 2019?):

1. wait for a better project to materialize in (August? October?) that she may/may not be selected for

2. take a less-than-ideal project in May

Option #1 has no guarantees, and it might not be a good idea to have a long stretch of time without working, if she wants to continue her growth as an actress/stay relevant.

Option #2 was the obvious choice. On the plus side, it is a lead role, and a blind (former?) ballerina/Chaebol could be an interesting role/acting challenge. The idol (co-star?) is not great, but SHS could be spending the majority of the drama acting with LDG.

SHS will certainly make the best of this role, and hopefully her following role (Fall 2019?) will be more "Secret Forest"-like.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Real life has been hard lately. I'm changing jobs a lot and have to work on a new degree.

So i wasn't really motivated to write in Soompi lately.

But to escape the pressure, i started a new drama, Children of nobody/Red moon Blue sun and got completely sucked in.

Glad to hear from you. RL is always not a bed of roses but hang on!

I'm also watching that drama now :lol:

49 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I hated it too. I was so looking forward to her next drama regardless the genre but alas her co-star was a idol that I wasn't too thrilled with. I was hoping for a more senior and experienced ACTOR. But since she had decided on that drama, i will just be watching for her since I will watch her in anything anyway:lol:!

She probably thinks the pros weigh more in terms of what this drama will bring her. She's rising but she knows she's still not yet on the ranks of those big stars who can get to choose their project and still get the limelight. She might just wish to keep working so that she's constantly active and establish herself and her popularity. Well, not finding any excuses for her, just trying to convince myself too. :P

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

I'm sure you're all tired of my endless praise of this drama but what can i do? My love for them refuses to fade away

Never tired for the SF team. :heart:

Do take care and drop by occasionally to say hi, alright? 

• Like 4