113 posts in this topic

Posted

Cine-21 promo videos:

1 person likes this

Posted

Stage greeting pics and videos at Busan on 31-March yesterday:

17634417_1904693839809322_61035709269246

Posted

Today's stage greeting at Seoul (1st April)

17626664_1905179666427406_65821165422591

17626523_1905179676427405_23387237562279

17634777_1905179663094073_90763320043354

Credit : Opus facebook

Posted

Stage greeting at Suwon today (2 Apr)

Posted

Ordinary Person is now available on IPTV

Posted

[Interview] "Ordinary Person" Jang Hyeok, "I am not violent"

posterphoto836835.jpg

Actor Jang Hyeok takes on the character of Gyu-nam a spiteful prosecutor who has his own principles. He said he wanted to act out a huge system, a wall and he was determined to make this serious character work. Even so, he said, "I am not like him in real life. I don't act as violently as Kyu-nam".

"Ordinary Person" is based in the year 1987. An ordinary detective named Kang Seong-jin (Son Hyeon-joo) gets involved with a series of murders that puts the whole country in shock, which also shakes up his life. The movie came out on the 23rd of April.

posterphoto836836.jpg

Gyu-nam is a successful elite prosecutor who becomes the big shot of National Security Planning. Regarding the line "Sunny or shady, it's all for the nation's sake" shows what kind of a person Kyu-nam is. He doesn't do it himself, but he demands torture on people 'for the sake of the nation'.

He is merciless but his expression is peaceful. Jang Hyeok says, "I tried not to show emotion. I just talked and acted without emotion". He speaks slowly and his face doesn't move an inch when he speaks. Still, there's an undeniable aura about him and maybe it's because of the 'fist fight' at the beginning of the movie.

"In the movie when a singer named Ji Yeong-mi comes in to be questioned, I tried to express the human inside Kyu-nam (by looking interested in seeing a singer up close and personal). However, he said, "Ji Yeong-mi, you are a singer" and when he didn't cooperate with the investigation, Kyu-nam punched him in the face. I think that's what made up the tension".

posterphoto836837.jpg

"Kyu-nam is in the front but also at the back of the movie. He didn't fill up the density of the movie but just contained what the others did. The director wanted Kyu-nam to be a system, a great wall. Kyu-nam doesn't involve his opinions in things but just watch things happen objectively".

Jang Hyeok debuted in 1997 and it's been 21 years since he started acting. He still looks the same and still acts with the same mind he started with. What's the source of his never-changing energy?

"I work hard to make sure the energy never dies. The reason I box is because of passion. I train with the others to feel like an athlete myself and think about myself. Taking those thoughts to work makes things different. Not only boxing but horseback riding and even learning the piano is the same thing. Being an actor means being myself and someone else at the same time. But if I don't have the passion, it won't reach the viewers".

"I can't forget the morning air of my first day of working on my first drama "Model". I can't forget the mistakes I made and the first lines I spoke in front of my seniors. It's still vivid to me. The memories and experience built up and I look forward to acting every day".

source: http://www.hancinema.net/interview-ordinary-person-jang-hyeok-i-am-not-violent-104800.html

Posted

Google translated:

The film 'Ordinary Person' (directed by Kim Bong-han) was invited to overseas festivals such as New York, Moscow and Fukuoka.

According to the distributor Opus Pictures, "Ordinary Person" has been invited to the Asian Film Festival in New York, the Moscow International Film Festival and the Fukuoka Asian Film Festival to meet with audiences around the world.

It will be invited to the 39th Moscow International Film Festival (June 22 ~ June 29), the 16th New York Asian Film Festival (June 30 ~ July 15), the 31st Fukuoka Asian Film Festival (From July 6 to July 9). Kim Bong-han is scheduled to attend the Fukuoka Film Festival in Moscow.

'Ordinary Person' is a story of a homicide criminal Sungjin who has been living a normal life in the 1980s. Son Hyun-joo, Jang Hyuk, and Kim Sang-ho took the lead roles. It was released on March 23.

At the time of its release, it gave a glimpse of the era of modern times through Korea's modern history and the footsteps of ordinary people who changed the world 30 years ago.

source : http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2017052608054985530

2017052608054985530_1.jpg