Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

3 hours ago, bongsoonie said:

Yay thanks for this i tuned it to her live chat for the first time!!! :wub:

[Donga Interview 2] Park Bo Young “I Am Not Pretty… Motivated to Diet Seeing Slim Park Hyung Sik”

“There is so much delicious food in the world (chokes up in emotion)”

Throughout 365 days in a year, actress Park Bo Young is on a diet for all three meals a day. After speaking about dieting in the midst of the interview, she took out some things from her bag one by one. Saying, “I eat one of these in a meal”, she showed what appeared to be a chicken breast shake pack.

I guess I should diet for my entire life but its really difficult. I tend to have a bit of weight in the lower part of my body but our country’s (beauty) standards seem to be inflexible. While filming ‘Strong Woman Do Bong Soon’ I dieted too. My acting partner, Park Hyung Sik, is so slim that all the more I think we would be compared”, she adorably expressed. Park Bo Young revealed, “There were many action (scenes) and while Do Bong Soon is a character with great strength, it is physically exhausting. When watching the drama there are instances where my face appears chubby, at that time I had thought ’Let’s live first and then see’, and I ate”.

“There is no one telling me to lose weight. Even my agency said, ‘It is an unnecessary worry. Study more on acting’. I worry on my own. I too wish to study more about acting in the time spent paying attention to my outer appearance, even if I diet I can’t do it to the point that I die (doing it excessively). While watching the drama alone I drink soju and then sleep”, she confessed.

On her outer appearance, Park Bo Young stressed that she is not a pretty face and made an unexpected (absurd) remark. She said, “I yearn for a glamorous (gorgeous) face. When I look at those who are tall and slim, they really look like celebrities. They give off a glittery vibe. At award ceremonies I think ‘That’s right. Those beautiful people are called celebrities. As for me, I have an easygoing and familiar face. As compared to the past, my actual look (in real life) seems to have become much prettier”.

Park Bo Young’s modest remarks continued. “There are fewer guys who ask me out than one thinks. Dating is difficult”, she confided.

“I am very timid. As much as I wish there has never been a time where I go, ‘Ah, its this guy’, and I have never fallen in love at first sight before. I have to know what kind of person the other party is well enough in order to understand his inner charms. For that I need to have experienced it for a long time, isn’t it. That is probably why it is more difficult to date. My ideal type? Someone who is sane. I think it is important to have a healthy mind.” 

Source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000559461

(Sorry for any mistranslations)

Seems like PBY has rather many insecurities :( Though she is truly a very beautiful and lovable actress to many out there. I hope she gains more confidence as time passes in future!!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/14/park-bo-young-park-bo-gum-cement-positions-best-dates-white-day/

She needs to see this!!  She was selected with 40% as best date for white day.  She is a freaking catch!!!  I don't get why she doesn't know this :( she is cute and sexy and she shouldn't diet all year. She is naturally slim. And I think her legs look hot. She really looks in shape!! Ughhh I am frustrated right now because of few people on v live she has insecurities like this.  It's ABSURD!!!!!!!! YOU WON'T EVER see these kind of comments about male celebrities.  Ok I am going to calm down but grrrrrrrrrr.  My Angel needs to get a boost in confidence asap! 

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images.
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, Kasmic said:

I love your post chingue and and i do understand your pov though given this drama and this plot I dont entirley agree about why we couldnt compliment both PBY and PHS as a "cute" pairing or that they should date in real life. Is it not a compliment that they did a suberb job in making their characters so believeable, that their love looked so real to a point that we would forget that it was purely script based or "just acting". I think both Parks worked really well together their chemistry made it possible that one cannot praise one without the other. Not all actors/ actresses can bring out the best of their partners as these two have and given that this is their 1st project together is just as remarkable and commendable. Who knew that this is PHS first leading role as I have totally forgotten about this up until now.  Im not shipping them for RL so Id like to make that clear - if it happens it happens and if it doesnt well I wont cry a river nor stalk them to see or read into it. Infact i rarely venture let alone comment into any shippers thread. 

Furthermore I do give them credit for their individual scenes and they truly shine in them as well but it could be more if given the chance. Again I blame  the writer and Ive made it clear that I dont like her writing. I dont know about how you felt about some scenes but to me the ones youve mentioned plus the one of MH and his father (hospital scene where he confronts his father) the build up to their emotional outcry from their family was lacking and that i blame the writer not the actors/ actresses because the build up would make those scenes much more meaningful. Eg. MH crying over finding out his brother's betrayal - why couldnt we see their rapport more? thats my gripe... As a viewer we only saw that geniune hyung at a young age then it all suddenly became pretentious at their current age/ time(the dinner scene where BS first met MH family and their phone calls.)

Next BS outburst of being treated unfairly by her mother. Why were those scenes of mom favouring Bk more not shown prior to that outburst and again we were led to her just holding in all her grudges until she suddenly burst and told us those feelings and past experiences. Does it not look over the top given that she always held it in so what made her say enough is enough? 

Another scene that Id like to add is MH hospital scene with his father. How sad was it that MH never saw or heard that his father burst in and beat BT for hurting his son? Furthermore how sad is it that their last scene of their father and son relationship ended like that... the son telling him to leave him alone and that he wanted nothing from him... *sigh* writer whats the point of having Chairman Anh beat BT i guess that scene was to emphasise how lonely MH has been. 

ohhhh just got a notification ..... PBY doing a Vapp interview right now.... YES!!!! I thought I read that she will do one in Bali.... thank you PBY. Now off to watch....um my post will TBC ok. :D

PBY is so pretty, even when shes holidaying in Bali

• Like 9

9 hours ago, soadako said:

Been a silent lurker here:

I can see some misunderstanding happening here about the interviews of our leads and just my 2cents here:

I believe that PHS Is SINCERE in those interviews.  I have seen his interviews before do bong soon and hwarang and he has shown that it is difficult for him to put up a show (just for promo) because his eyes will tell if he is lying or not.  It is a pity that his interviews here are on Text so we cannot see how he delivers it.

He has said that he loves PBY because she is lovable...and I know this is true because you can see it in his eyes how much he adores him during bts.  BUT What kind of love is he saying? Love of a dongsaeng to Noona?  Love a Hobbae to a sunbae?  Chingu love?  IS IT romantic love ? Maybe we just misinterpreted the translations and I believe PHS  JUST wants everybody to know that he has HIGH regards with PBY and loves her as her senior and friend.  MAYBE he was super duper thankful to this adorable noona because she helped him a lot and encouraged him to not worry.

What makes me interested in PHS' interview is that him saying cheesy words are just but normal and it is just part of him because they usually say those affections at home.  This reminds me of his phone call with his aboeji during real man talk show.  It is natural for them to say I love you dad and I love that he grew up in that kind of household.

i hope it is okay to share this video:

Let us just put everything in a positive light and let us enjoy these both amazing actors..

just want to share this though... :)

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote videos.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, libra22 said:

Can someone translate pls? Thanks

9 hours ago, ferily said:

Hi @libra22, I won't translate the whole video word for word, but basically what the MC is saying that the chemistry between Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik is really good that even when they were doing rehearsal, people were wondering if the two of them are really dating or not. Also one thing people can misunderstand about is Park Hyung Sik's gaze since there is honey coming out of his eyes. Even female actresses see honey coming out of PHS's eyes so they could misunderstand.

This is just a rough translation! I think you would need the whole clip to understand what he's exactly talking about :)

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote IG images/videos.
  • Like 5

[Donga Interview] Park Bo Young “Kiss Scene with Park Hyung Sik, (Were You) Nervous in Reality?”

83981418.2.jpg

Actress Park Bo Young conveyed the story behind her melo scene together with Park Hyung Sik.

In a post-drama interview that took place at a cafe in Seoul, Gangnam-gu, Nonhyeon-dong, she beamed with laughter while asking in regards to compliments on her kiss scene, “Did it improve a lot as compared to in my previous drama?” She then revealed stories behind the kiss scenes filmed at various locations from the seaside to Yeouido (where the cherry blossoms kiss scene was shot).

Park Bo Young confessed, “The scene by the cherry blossom trees was filmed at Yeouido Park where people who came out for a walk during their lunch time, gathered.” It was a situation over which they had no control so, “In the script, Park Hyung Sik and I looked at each other fondly with tears welling up in our eyes but in reality, people were exclaiming ‘Do Bong Soon’ from all around us. We heard sounds even from across the street. All we wanted was to ‘film it quickly’. It wasn’t an atmosphere where I (could) feel embarrassed or nervous.”

Likewise, for the chocolate kiss. Park Bo Young recalled, “We filmed on the street in Apgujeong. As shown on the screen, apart from the space we took up, the surroundings were filled by citizens. At that time too, we said between us, ‘let’s do it quickly and go’.” How was the fairy tale-like and charming scene by the seaside? Park Bo Young replied, "It was a scene where Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik) carefully approached her. Rather than a serious kiss scene it was filmed in a manner depicting their ‘first kiss’. I remember that the director did it via paying great attention to the (filming) angles.”

Park Bo Young mentioned about the scene where gazes were exchanged in the hospital ward, at the time where Do Bong Soon and Ahn Min Hyuk had something going on between them. In that scene, the set-up involved both individuals looking at each other without any words spoken, yet deep and affectionate emotions were shown, more than any other kiss scene.

She revealed, “The director contributed greatly to that melo scene. At that time, filming had been going on for several days and we couldn’t get off the set. Both of us had thoughts like ‘Let’s not come here tomorrow’. Later on, we felt really sleepy. After (we heard) ‘Cut’, Park Hyung Sik asked every now and then, ‘How was it, Noona? How did you accept it from Bong Soon’s point of view?’ Park Hyung Sik cared about my feelings and showed concern to that much extent”, conveying her gratitude.

Source: http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20170421/83981427/2

(Sorry for any mistranslations in advance)

• Like 27

Thanks @Mojojojo123 for quoting my post.. I didnt get to finish it and just jump to watching PBY VApp interview. I love that she's looking well. I dont have a clue what she said but I was able to understand one sentence, her saying "gwaechanh-a" - meaning "It's okay" then Im happy. That's all I needed to hear her say. I was so worried about her leg but hearing her words (even if I dont know in what context she's referring) it's somehow felt soothing. 

Anyway what I needed to add is that I felt sad that MH and his family didnt have the time to reconcile...you could see that his half brother felt some remorse after what MH said to him. Even his father at that hospital scene... we saw that he does love MH. But MH never took that step to come closer to his father and see it...*sigh* or the writer never felt the need to explore it. <_< 

I dunno I dont think I can write more on this writer as my fumes will start to boil again...those scenes would've been so much more better if only??? *think happy thoughts* 

This will do the trick. SWDBS team is watching and participating in a performance

C-BYF-0UAAQFdlH.jpg

C-BYHZZUAAAompJ.jpg

Source from this IG whom is one of the crew of SWDBS

Spoiler

To respect her IG I wont post her actual images. But this is her acc here 

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

This will do the trick. SWDBS team is watching and participating in a performance

did the person who took these pics climbed a tree? XD looks like a private event.. glad to see they're getting the star treatment in their reward holiday lol.. aww, park hyungsik in my country, breathing the same air..  so near yet so far *sigh* seems like they're staying at nusa dua?

his legs in those fantaken pictures tho, so damned skinny! :( eat well in bali bb, plenty of spicy food there

i'm so envious of boyoung's super clear skin like whoa

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Nouran Gamih said:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/14/park-bo-young-park-bo-gum-cement-positions-best-dates-white-day/

She needs to see this!!  She was selected with 40% as best date for white day.  She is a freaking catch!!!  I don't get why she doesn't know this :( she is cute and sexy and she shouldn't diet all year. She is naturally slim. And I think her legs look hot. She really looks in shape!! Ughhh I am frustrated right now because of few people on v live she has insecurities like this.  It's ABSURD!!!!!!!! YOU WON'T EVER see these kind of comments about male celebrities.  Ok I am going to calm down but grrrrrrrrrr.  My Angel needs to get a boost in confidence asap! 

For all those that are confused about PBY's low self-esteem, I'm pretty sure it's not because she doesn't think she's pretty or a good actress. It sounds weird, but it's probably the pressure of being constantly told that she's a good actress and is well-loved - it gives her anxiety and a fear of not doing well/ not doing well enough. I can relate personally from my own struggles with perfectionism - it's such a catch 22, you're doomed if you do poorly, but if you do well, you're also doomed because you have to make sure that you do well next time and how do you know you'll do well next time? There's often a point when you continue doing so well that you feel a bit like a fake and you know one day something might go wrong and people will think you're not good enough. It can really give you low self-esteem, even if you seem like you're doing well on the outside.

With the good ratings for SWDBS, she's probably really happy, but it also sets up a pressure for the next project she takes on. Poor PBY. I hope she knows how many loyal supporters and fans she does have who would still watch her project regardless of ratings! But before people start getting too emotional, I'll also point out that if she can talk about it in an interview, it's a good sign that she has an open personality and knows herself well and is working towards building her self-esteem - all very positive things. It's good that she takes breaks in between her projects to look after her mental health and to put space between her works, so that there's less pressure for herself.

• Like 17

10 hours ago, ferily said:

Hi @libra22, I won't translate the whole video word for word, but basically what the MC is saying that the chemistry between Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik is really good that even when they were doing rehearsal, people were wondering if the two of them are really dating or not. Also one thing people can misunderstand about is Park Hyung Sik's gaze since there is honey coming out of his eyes. Even female actresses see honey coming out of PHS's eyes so they could misunderstand.

This is just a rough translation! I think you would need the whole clip to understand what he's exactly talking about :)

Thank you..... @ferily :)

• Like 14

Park Hyung Sik considers Park Bo Young as his 'Lucky Charm' 

News

On a recent interview with 'Strong Woman Do Bong Soon' actor PARK HYUNG SIK, he shared his experience as a KPOP Idol turned actor.

20170421095802_4.jpg

The actor said, there was a time in his life he wanted to search for himself and eventually, he found it on acting. He said, "I was so confident, but I was overburdened by the fact that the 'STRONG WOMAN DO BONG SOON' will be my first lead role. The person who helped to relieve the burden was PARK BO YOUNG.

20170421095731_1.jpg

He considers Park Bo Young as his 'Lucky Charm' as she turned things around. He added, "I've never seen such a lovely person before. If there is an 'aura' that each person has, I would say that the aura of the Park Bo Young is in a shape of a heart".

20170421095754_3.jpg

https://dispatch.cdnser.be/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/20170421095754_3.jpg

Thanks to Park Bo Young's extraordinary 'heart-shaped aura', Park Hyung Sik was able to portray his role easily.

cr : ilovekstars FB

• Like 24