Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

41 minutes ago, InggridI said:

Strangely, this is the scene i love the most, the pacing of their conversation is like a couple in real life (what i mean is the pace) i know right away that the "shall i stop?" And "im embbarased" are adlibs. PHS reminds me of JJS the god of adlibs. 

Me too.. this is one of my most favourite scenes from the entire drama. The one that leave mark on me.

I always rewind and rewind and rewind this one scene and thinking "this was too perfect to be acted out from a script. This can't be acting. The banter, the timing, the body language and the face expression are all so natural"

Other bits of scenes that I think adlibbed were :

- The forehead kiss and the nose touch

- The "you go first, no you go, no you ..." when DBS send AMH home after he bring back her appa home.
  The way PBY laugh was so natural. It's PBY's laugh and not DBS's

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Ahpheng said:

So hard to decide :bawling: I got to say though.. I think my favorite kisses are the piano kiss, forehead kiss, beach kiss, proposal kiss and the chocolate kiss.. Oops I chose five.......

1 hour ago, Nouran Gamih said:

can someone please tell me what soundtrack isplaying during their goodbye ..can't find it anywhere :bawling:

I really want to know what this OST is. I'm guing this soundtrack is apart of the Various Artists OST.. I'm not sure if they're going to release those OSTs though...

9 minutes ago, libra22 said:

Can someone translate pls? Thanks

Hi @libra22, I won't translate the whole video word for word, but basically what the MC is saying that the chemistry between Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik is really good that even when they were doing rehearsal, people were wondering if the two of them are really dating or not. Also one thing people can misunderstand about is Park Hyung Sik's gaze since there is honey coming out of his eyes. Even female actresses see honey coming out of PHS's eyes so they could misunderstand.

This is just a rough translation! I think you would need the whole clip to understand what he's exactly talking about :)

• Like 11

13 hours ago, JenL said:

Not me, but I wasn't expecting to...how about you @xscalsve@blueroses87, @s00ki and @cpy95

I got leave by the way! But if I want to go, I still have to sort out quite a bit of stuff! What about everyone else?!

I didn't win as well :/ but I'll still be going!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ferily said:

The event is on April 23rd at Coco Bruni in Samcheong-dong :) I'm pretty sure there is more information about the event online.. You would just have to search for it if you really want to go to the event~

Thank you @ferily! I will check my iti later, but I wont die die must see PHS. Hahaha. Let destiny play its course, which is pretty obvious... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, libra22 said:

She was trying out the various emoticons...so cute

I can imagine Min Min's reaction when seeing these....lol

Thank you for keeping us updated with their news, especially PBY. She's super adorable. I have never been so impressed and fell so hard for an actress like this before but she got me in her corner. Will always support and love her. :heart:

• Like 11

Have a good Saturday everyone! Here's an interview on our lovely Bongbongie :):wub:

[Interview 3] Park Bo Young “I have never fallen in love at first sight before… I’m timid so I can’t date”

htm_2017041918543886687.jpg

- Is your criteria for selecting dramas different from films?

“Films are where I tend to bite off more than I can chew. For films, the audiences come to theatres and select us (our films) but for dramas, it feels just like personally looking for the channels (via which to air). So i thought of it as having a duty to show the audience an image which many wish to see, in dramas. For ‘Oh My Ghostess’, I appeared as a lovable character which many people loved. Thereafter I met Bong Soon. She has enormous strength which could look cool and I thought I could show that by mixing what I try to do (more than able to) with what the public wants.”

- Your most memorable partner?

“That would definitely have to be Cha Tae Hwan sunbae-nim. He exerted a great amount of influence. He gave me a lot of mental training so as not to be carried away by the ratings or the atmosphere. If I hadn’t worked with him I wonder if I would have become a person who is easily swayed.”

- In what ways are actress Park Bo Young different from the person Park Bo Young?

While fulfilling my role as an actress, I tend to have a mind of my own. Normally when I am (being) me I am really weak. I get swayed and have a lot of confusion. Recently, I get both mixed up and am confused. Prior to doing ‘Strong Woman Do Bong Soon’ I thought, this exact moment is great’. I thought it was a nice balance between an actor's life and his personal life. On normal days I went out and about as well. I went about within comfortable boundaries but now more people recognise me than before. The balance is leaning more towards the side of actress Park Bo Young. Because of my job as an actress, I can live more leisurely as compared to my same age friends and I know I need to bear the inconveniences in my usual day-to-day life, but it feels difficult when a person encounters a little bit of reality. Lately it became a lot like that and I feel very confused. When more emphasis is placed on my life this way, I try to read others’ minds a lot. I spend more time focusing on what others are saying since I am always being assessed in my job and as such my self-esteem seems to have been lowered. In order to not lose my ordinary self, I go to my very own healing place.”

htm_2017041918559152356.jpg

- Are you not dating in real life?

“I’m timid so I have a lot of suspicions towards new people. My dating style has always been like that too. I have never ever fallen in love at first sight. In particular, recently my desired ideal type is someone with a healthy mindset. Someone with proper thoughts and values is good. Because I am constantly suspicious (of others), it is not easy to date. I tend to kind of build barriers by myself. Occasionally there are people who say ‘I want to meet (date) you’, ‘I want to try contacting you’ but the people around me know very well that I’m like this and so they block (them) for me. That is why there are not many opportunities. But I am really feeling the need to date. No matter how i look at it, emotions are heavily dealt with in love, so for acting in which one handles love deeply - I don't think i am able to do it yet. To do that, I probably need experience.

- Is it because you are timid you do not use SNS as well?

“I am somewhat not a careful person. I lose my temper. So if I use SNS I would be in trouble. Because I am someone who has many things I wish to say, I probably shouldn’t use SNS. Instead, I write them in my diary. I can write based on how I am feeling at that moment and I don’t trust myself so I do not use SNS.”

- What are your goals for the second half of the year?

“To care more for my state of mental health than in the previous year and it would be great if I were healthier.”

Source: http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=21494629

(Sorry in advance for any mistranslated words!)

• Like 25

5 hours ago, bongsoonie said:

Have a good Saturday everyone! Here's an interview on our lovely Bongbongie :):wub:

[Interview 3] Park Bo Young “I have never fallen in love at first sight before… I’m timid so I can’t date”

- Is your criteria for selecting dramas different from films?

“Films are where I tend to bite off more than I can chew. For films, the audiences come to theatres and select us (our films) but for dramas, it feels just like personally looking for the channels (via which to air). So i thought of it as having a duty to show the audience an image which many wish to see, in dramas. For ‘Oh My Ghostess’, I appeared as a lovable character which many people loved. Thereafter I met Bong Soon. She has enormous strength which could look cool and I thought I could show that by mixing what I try to do (more than able to) with what the public wants.”

- Your most memorable partner?

“That would definitely have to be Cha Tae Hwan sunbae-nim. He exerted a great amount of influence. He gave me a lot of mental training so as not to be carried away by the ratings or the atmosphere. If I hadn’t worked with him I wonder if I would have become a person who is easily swayed.”

- In what ways are actress Park Bo Young different from the person Park Bo Young?

While fulfilling my role as an actress, I tend to have a mind of my own. Normally when I am (being) me I am really weak. I get swayed and have a lot of confusion. Recently, I get both mixed up and am confused. Prior to doing ‘Strong Woman Do Bong Soon’ I thought, this exact moment is great’. I thought it was a nice balance between an actor's life and his personal life. On normal days I went out and about as well. I went about within comfortable boundaries but now more people recognise me than before. The balance is leaning more towards the side of actress Park Bo Young. Because of my job as an actress, I can live more leisurely as compared to my same age friends and I know I need to bear the inconveniences in my usual day-to-day life, but it feels difficult when a person encounters a little bit of reality. Lately it became a lot like that and I feel very confused. When more emphasis is placed on my life this way, I try to read others’ minds a lot. I spend more time focusing on what others are saying since I am always being assessed in my job and as such my self-esteem seems to have been lowered. In order to not lose my ordinary self, I go to my very own healing place.”

“I’m timid so I have a lot of suspicions towards new people. My dating style has always been like that too. I have never ever fallen in love at first sight. In particular, recently my desired ideal type is someone with a healthy mindset. Someone with proper thoughts and values is good. Because I am constantly suspicious (of others), it is not easy to date. I tend to kind of build barriers by myself. Occasionally there are people who say ‘I want to meet (date) you’, ‘I want to try contacting you’ but the people around me know very well that I’m like this and so they block (them) for me. That is why there are not many opportunities. But I am really feeling the need to date. No matter how i look at it, emotions are heavily dealt with in love, so for acting in which one handles love deeply - I don't think i am able to do it yet. To do that, I probably need experience.

- Is it because you are timid you do not use SNS as well?

“I am somewhat not a careful person. I lose my temper. So if I use SNS I would be in trouble. Because I am someone who has many things I wish to say, I probably shouldn’t use SNS. Instead, I write them in my diary. I can write based on how I am feeling at that moment and I don’t trust myself so I do not use SNS.”

- What are your goals for the second half of the year?

“To care more for my state of mental health than in the previous year and it would be great if I were healthier.”

Source: http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=21494629

(Sorry in advance for any mistranslated words!)

I hate that her self esteem has lowered.  The drama was a success. She should give herself more credit! 

Edited by Berou
Mod edit : please don't quote pics
  • Like 10

PHS will be in korea tomorrow ..he just posted this. S9 fast like only 2 days holidsy

• Like 11

@fanie586 I love the wedding kiss too...!

@ferily can't blame you for choosing 5 really, it's so hard to decide really, they're all so so sweet! 

• Like 22

10 hours ago, Ahpheng said:

I like the chocolate and goodnight kisses...:) So impromptu...:)

Edited by Berou
  • Like 8

18 hours ago, fibdib said:

plus he is older now (and wiser).. I don't think he will say anything disrespectful about his noona :)

very true..as his fan since ZE:A days, I can see how he's matured and become wiser...PBY is a well-respected and an established actress already..I love her since Speedy Scandal 

..there would be a severe backlash if PHS answered  his interviews in a different way.. If he answers that he is just like that on the set and nothing's going on - people would surely call him arrogant, a playboy and he will be bashed BIG TIME...I'm glad that he answers the way he answered his interviews BUT people assume and say HE IS INLOVE WITH PBY..I hope people would consider that we are just depending on the translated report in TEXT and there's no way of knowing how did PARK HYUNG SIK verbally answered it..for me, there's a HUGE difference.. I read shippers making assumptions here and there just from the interview answers..I'm a big fan of AHN MIN HYUK and DO BONG SOON''s love story however I don't feel PARK HYUNG SIK romantically inlove with PARK BO YOUNG though...He adores her, no question to that..

This is one of the many reasons why tandems don't and can't hangout after the drama ended..it's because of the fear that people might mistake their friendship into something more that could jeopardize their career...just look at Park Shin Hye and Jung Hyong Hwa, they became close buddies after their drama, but both expresses that they couldn't hangout publicly because of how people would possibly perceive it...

I believe that this thread is created for event updates, photos, BTS of the drama and the leads which is why i'm here..if you want to ship these two, then might as well create your own forum..just my opinion

• Like 8

Park Bo Young Shares Her Thoughts On Her New Nickname And Almost Quitting Acting

Park-Bo-Young-1.jpg

Recently, Park Bo Young participated in a interview where she expressed her feelings on her new nickname and opened up about the hardships she faced in the past that almost convinced her to quit acting.

Spoiler

Park-Bo-Young-5-540x359.jpg

Park Bo Young’s recent success on the small screen started with tvN’s drama “Oh My Ghostess,” where she played a lovable aspiring chef that was possessed by a ghost. The drama was very successful, reaching a viewership rating of over 7%. Even more recently, Park Bo Young starred in JTBC’s hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” which broke JTBC’s record for the drama with highest viewership ratings.

Spoiler

Park-Bo-Young-3-540x361.jpg

Due to her success with the two dramas, she earned the nickname “rom-com fairy.” When asked about this nickname, Park Bo Young responded, “I’m not sure if I deserve to be called the “rom-com fairy” because I’ve only done two rom-com dramas so far. I think I’m just really grateful that people would even call me that. When I filmed my previous drama, ‘Oh My Ghostess,’ I was really worried that viewers would see me as too young and awkward for the role. I thought that they would critique me and say that it’s hard to focus on the story because of my looks. Now, I am happy with where I am and I don’t think that way anymore, so I would consider that a success.” She further stated that she had no idea that her works would be nearly as successful as they were.

Park-Bo-Young-4-540x361.jpg

Park Bo Young also cautiously opened up about the struggles she faced a few years back. “The past me would never be able to imagine receiving this much love for my acting. I always faced obstacles in my career. I had a big lawsuit with my previous company so I was extremely worn out by that. I was upset at all the bad people in the world and no longer felt the joy in acting that I experienced when I first started out. This lead me to consider quitting this profession altogether. I considered quitting and moving back home to the countryside in Korea. My parents saw how much I was struggling and agreed that I should live a normal life. But the sad thing was that when I tried to think about another career path, I couldn’t think of anything that I would want to do besides acting. Coming to this realization, I changed my mindset and started acting again. My attitude towards this profession changed after that,” shared the actress.

Park-Bo-Young-21-540x361.jpg

Park Bo Young concluded the interview by sharing her goals for the future.  “I want to be an actress that people are always curious about.  I want them wonder what kind of drama I will be working on next and look forward to the next character I will be portraying on screen.  In the past, I always set definitive goals for myself, but I’ve stopped doing that.  Now, I want to focus on putting all my effort into acting and loving myself. That is my goal for the future,” she stated.

Actress Park Bo Mi Reveals All The Things Park Bo Young Did For Her

Spoiler

park-bo-mi-park-bo-young1-e1492831235944.jpg

Park Bo Mi, who played Do Bong Soon’s best friend in “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” had nothing but love for her co-star Park Bo Young.

During an interview on April 17, Park Bo Mi revealed how she was able to successfully film her very first drama. “Park Bo Young gave me so much strength. If it wasn’t for her, it would’ve been really hard for me. She consistently helped me with my acting even though she was probably exhausted from filming all her scenes. There was one scene where I had to cry, but the tears just wouldn’t come out. Park Bo Young then came over and gave me a hug, and I started bawling. She somehow has the ability to bring out my emotions,” Park Bo Mi expressed.

Spoiler

park-bo-mi-park-bo-young.jpg

The actress further explained how Park Bo Young had helped her. “I was only used to acting in musicals and plays, so I had no idea where to look when I was in front of a camera. Whenever I had a hard time, Park Bo Young went over to a spot and just stood there so I could look at her while acting. I thanked her every single day. In one of the later episodes, there was a scene where my character thanked Do Bong Soon, and I was seriously about to cry because I was so grateful,” she shared.

Park Bo Mi concluded the interview by saying that Park Bo Young was a great friend and an amazing actress who never made it obvious that she was tired.

SOOMPI

• Like 27

3 hours ago, parmma said:

Park Bo Young Shares Her Thoughts On Her New Nickname And Almost Quitting Acting

Recently, Park Bo Young participated in a interview where she expressed her feelings on her new nickname and opened up about the hardships she faced in the past that almost convinced her to quit acting.

Reveal hidden contents

Park Bo Young’s recent success on the small screen started with tvN’s drama “Oh My Ghostess,” where she played a lovable aspiring chef that was possessed by a ghost. The drama was very successful, reaching a viewership rating of over 7%. Even more recently, Park Bo Young starred in JTBC’s hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” which broke JTBC’s record for the drama with highest viewership ratings.

Reveal hidden contents

Due to her success with the two dramas, she earned the nickname “rom-com fairy.” When asked about this nickname, Park Bo Young responded, “I’m not sure if I deserve to be called the “rom-com fairy” because I’ve only done two rom-com dramas so far. I think I’m just really grateful that people would even call me that. When I filmed my previous drama, ‘Oh My Ghostess,’ I was really worried that viewers would see me as too young and awkward for the role. I thought that they would critique me and say that it’s hard to focus on the story because of my looks. Now, I am happy with where I am and I don’t think that way anymore, so I would consider that a success.” She further stated that she had no idea that her works would be nearly as successful as they were.

Park Bo Young also cautiously opened up about the struggles she faced a few years back. “The past me would never be able to imagine receiving this much love for my acting. I always faced obstacles in my career. I had a big lawsuit with my previous company so I was extremely worn out by that. I was upset at all the bad people in the world and no longer felt the joy in acting that I experienced when I first started out. This lead me to consider quitting this profession altogether. I considered quitting and moving back home to the countryside in Korea. My parents saw how much I was struggling and agreed that I should live a normal life. But the sad thing was that when I tried to think about another career path, I couldn’t think of anything that I would want to do besides acting. Coming to this realization, I changed my mindset and started acting again. My attitude towards this profession changed after that,” shared the actress.

Park Bo Young concluded the interview by sharing her goals for the future.  “I want to be an actress that people are always curious about.  I want them wonder what kind of drama I will be working on next and look forward to the next character I will be portraying on screen.  In the past, I always set definitive goals for myself, but I’ve stopped doing that.  Now, I want to focus on putting all my effort into acting and loving myself. That is my goal for the future,” she stated.

Reveal hidden contents

Park Bo Mi, who played Do Bong Soon’s best friend in “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” had nothing but love for her co-star Park Bo Young.

During an interview on April 17, Park Bo Mi revealed how she was able to successfully film her very first drama. “Park Bo Young gave me so much strength. If it wasn’t for her, it would’ve been really hard for me. She consistently helped me with my acting even though she was probably exhausted from filming all her scenes. There was one scene where I had to cry, but the tears just wouldn’t come out. Park Bo Young then came over and gave me a hug, and I started bawling. She somehow has the ability to bring out my emotions,” Park Bo Mi expressed.

Reveal hidden contents

The actress further explained how Park Bo Young had helped her. “I was only used to acting in musicals and plays, so I had no idea where to look when I was in front of a camera. Whenever I had a hard time, Park Bo Young went over to a spot and just stood there so I could look at her while acting. I thanked her every single day. In one of the later episodes, there was a scene where my character thanked Do Bong Soon, and I was seriously about to cry because I was so grateful,” she shared.

Park Bo Mi concluded the interview by saying that Park Bo Young was a great friend and an amazing actress who never made it obvious that she was tired.

SOOMPI

I love you PBY! I hope she wont belittle herself anymore. She is a talented actress. She can still do more great dramas in the future. Fighting Mom! I'll support you all the way. 

Edited by Berou
  • Like 5

Park Bo Young latest two interviews have so much depth. She reveal so much about herself.

------------> > Why is she so hard on herself?. She think too much, she should just relax and believe in herself. Look at the way all the people around you talk about you Bo Young. They all love, cherish and adore you. Please love your sefl more..

and about her dating style :

“I’m timid so I have a lot of suspicions towards new people. My dating style has always been like that too. I have never ever fallen in love at first sight. In particular, recently my desired ideal type is someone with a healthy mindset. Someone with proper thoughts and values is good. Because I am constantly suspicious (of others), it is not easy to date. I tend to kind of build barriers by myself. Occasionally there are people who say ‘I want to meet (date) you’, ‘I want to try contacting you’ but the people around me know very well that I’m like this and so they block (them) for me. That is why there are not many opportunities.But I am really feeling the need to date. No matter how i look at it, emotions are heavily dealt with in love, so for acting in which one handles love deeply - I don't think i am able to do it yet. To do that, I probably need experience.

----------- >> Open your heart. Take down all that barrier. How can you find that special someone for you if you block him from trying to approach you. Just date, you only life once, better make the best out of it. All my best wish for you cute dongsaeng :heart:. ( sorry, the unnie side of me coming out)

Now where's jisoo interviews ?? 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, parmma said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

SOOMPI

Yes, well said and praised by Ms Park Bo Mi. PBY seems to have touched her co-stars, co-workers and the backroom personnel a lot. Can tell that PBY is indeed an angel. Though she has some misconception of herself, she doesn't pressure her colleagues in any way as the interviews from those who have worked with her have mentioned .In fact, she will guide them unselfishly. Isn't she one actress we should give support unanimously to. She had such lowdown time and so hard on herself but yet, she is so professional in her works. Doesn't let that affect her performance. PBY, I will always support you and do hope you can meet someone who truly loves like AMH. SARANGHAEYO:heart:

Edited by Berou
  • Like 7