Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

15,225 posts in this topic

Posted

15 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

company signed JMK. He already did a commercial ad based on his bride kidnapper character - KJH.  It was hilarious :wink:

Speaking of him, here's some interview that Jang Mi Kwan did... its a while ago before he cut his hair. 

http://www.kcon.tv/media/HJeyfB2uhe

http://www.kcon.tv/media/r1yzS2u2g

Dont these boys look awesome together... :D

This pic is soooo funny, I knew PHS couldnt hold a straight face with ODP

They do look awesome :heart:.
Lol @ AMH & ODP Pic. Video BTS please ? :D.

Anyway there are JMK interviews posted  before, but nobody translate it yet. I think I'm gonna google translate it now. First time I am so addicted to google translate despite I don't know half of what they are saying. All because of SWDBS hahaha.

Anyway, I watched the interviews above..he is so handsome and kind ..:wub:. (how can korea produce that many handsome men btw. Is it the air ? ^_^)

Thanks for the link

6 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, iamcassandra said:

well this is PHS first time to be the main lead I guess and thus he spent most of his time with PBY all throughout the filming period..unlike his previous projects...PHS doesn't have much experience in dating and relationships, probably why he's amazed in AMH and DBS story in SWDBS...my take on his answers in his interviews is that he, as clear as the morning sun, adores PBY and respect her...as much as I ship these two, but I don't feel that he is in love with PBY is a romantic way...it's just MY intuition..even when I see those BTS videos..PHS continues to be in character during the entire filming period to convincingly portray and bring the drama character to life...I highly commend their professionalism...they're both my most favorite actor/singer and actress in Korea though... :):D 

WHTMF he was always with NJH but they are both so young..and Yes I'm pretty sure too he is not inlove with PBY but rather MH to BS.

4 people like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, Ahpheng said:

@Mojojojo123 I am stopping soon really....btw, please do not quote pictures, it's against Soompi's  rule. 

LOL. Ahpheng you really never cease to amaze me. this is the best one yet coming from you.

Damn that 0% interview hahaha

10 people like this

Posted

PHS has very nice jawline :heart::heart::heart:

15 people like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, sukma_shinhye said:

ODP is so me hahhaha

Me too .... and wow I changed my Ava twice in one night :D....I think I can sleep now with a smile on my face. It was a tough day knowing that there's no ep of SWDBS and being here made it easier. Good night Avengers!! 

vV3A2lR.gif

cr. DC gallery

22 people like this

Posted

Looks like PHS's flight details

16 people like this

Posted

Wedding collection video with OST 1 in the background...nice compilation

10 people like this

Posted

First BB gave us a wink during one of her interviews....:heart::heart::heart:

201704171054368688_1.jpg

Then MM gave us a wink too...and both of them wink with their left eye

AKR20170420108300005_06_i.jpg

20 people like this

Posted

24 minutes ago, libra22 said:

Poor guy, he basically went Bali to sleep 2 nights.

Why do I get the feeling that his passport picture will be exposed?

7 people like this

Posted

13 people like this

Posted

discussing bout uri puppy couple ㅇ ㅅ ㅇ

8 people like this

Posted

8 people like this

Posted

1 hour ago, libra22 said:

Whoever took this photo if ever this real is crazy.

8 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Not me, but I wasn't expecting to...how about you @xscalsve@blueroses87, @s00ki and @cpy95

I got leave by the way! But if I want to go, I still have to sort out quite a bit of stuff! What about everyone else?!

None of us won, quite sad though...

5 people like this

Posted

7 hours ago, bongsoonie said:

Really loving the influx of PHS's interviews since this morning!! Enjoying reading them as well :wub: AND the stills by JTBC :cry: feels as if the drama has yet to end cause we can't just let it go..!

[Interview 2] Park Hyung Sik “Dating style in reality? I think it depends on my girlfriend’s personality”

Actor Park Hyung Sik mentioned about his dating style in real life.

In an interview with The Star held on the 19th April, when asked if it was difficult to have had many sweet lines in the script for ‘Strong Woman Do Bong Soon’, he revealed, “There were many cringing lines. From the very first scenario watching Do Bong Sun (Park Bo Young) demonstrate her enormous strength i didn’t think it was excessive.”

“Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik) would rather be more expressive. I don’t think he is someone who would practise restraint. He is serious and in control when working but honest in expressing affections towards Bong Sun so i think i liked that more.”

From the point where both were casted in the drama they were termed as the ‘Eye Candy Couple’ with a good impression, causing viewers’ hearts to flutter. The two emitted perfect couple chemistry from the beginning of the drama right up to the end, leading staff on set to react with ‘Isn’t there something going on between them?’ among themselves.

Park Hyung Sik: “We acted according to what was given in the script but the director did not yell ‘Cut’ so some of the scenes that appeared happened while we were conversing naturally. (laughs) I recall that there was once the person recording said this the moment the scene ended, ‘Aren’t they dating? Aye I can’t watch this’. We conversed a lot on set and as we worked together synergy between us was created”.

On this day, Park Hyung Sik said in regards to his ‘dating style in reality’ that “I don’t know how i go about dating. I think it depends on my girlfriend’s personality”.

Replying that he is not dating at the moment, “People say that I express affections but it may not be that way for the other party. So its difficult for me to say what type of (dating) style I have. Right now,  just like Ahn Min Hyuk, thoughts of loving someone comes to mind. Like, seeing no one else but her at first sight? Indeed, will that kind of love come? While having that kind of thoughts, I wish to experience that kind of love and was vicariously satisfied (through Ahn Min Hyuk)”.

In addition, Park Hyung Sik also mentioned about Writer Baek Mi Kyung’s words on “There is a difference in the sorrow in your eyes.” “During the end (of the drama) the writer said ‘Don’t do an obvious melodrama but one in which there are reasons as to why you ought not to do it. I was thankful for her kind words regarding the look in my eyes. Park Bo Young noona’s real sister said to her that ‘Hyung Sik’s expression in his eyes is good’ and to save my energy. ‘To an actor, isn’t it good that his eyes are expressive?’ she said, and i was really thankful for that.”

Source: http://m.the-star.co.kr/view.html?contid=2017042002287&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

(sorry for any mistranslated words if present)

2017042002190_0.jpg

@bongsoonie, thanks for your translation. I liked reading your translation of this interview, but the last paragraph confused me a bit. I went back to the original and translated it, and it came out slightly differently. I'm posting my translation of that last paragraph. I hope you don't mind. 

Additionally, Park Hyung Sik relayed what ‘Do Bong Soon’ Baek Mi Kyung said to him “Your eye gaze is of a different level”. He said “While we were broadcasting, the writer told him ‘Not an obvious melo, but do a melo with a story about something that shouldn’t be done’.  Because she was so complimentary about my eye gaze, I’m very grateful. Park Bo Young noona’s real sister apparently told Bo Young noona ‘Hyung Sik’s eye gaze is good’ and she (PBY) told me about it to raise my confidence. Saying also, ‘To an actor, isn’t it a good thing to have a good eye gaze.’ And, I’m very grateful to her for telling me that.”

Two quick notes about this paragraph. First thing, when Koreans talk about a "melo", they don't necessarily mean a straight melodrama as an English speaker might. Rather they seem to be referring to a romance drama. So "Romeo and Juliet" (without the second Romeo and without a Team Leader Oh showing up) is referred to as a melo. So, the writer was talking about PHS' range and intensity of expression in his gazes that would make him a good romantic drama lead, but telling him to do one with a complicated plot where he could put his range to good use rather than a simple, obvious plot which might be a waste of his talents. 

Second thing, saving (or raising) "ki" while the words translate literally into "saving energy", it actually means to raise their spirits or to raise their confidence. In this case, I think PBY may have told PHS about her sister complimenting his eye gaze as a way of reassuring him since he was so worried about doing well as an actor. 

26 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, penelop3 said:

I am torn. I'd like to see PHS doing another drama, but I'm still feeling the joy of seeing him with PBY that I dont want to see him paired of with someone else, not that soon anyway. Lets see where his new agency will plan his career. 

I still hope that by end of the holiday, when PBY is refreshed, she would do V Live in Bali though by then, no more PHS - he'll be in Korea for Primera event, right? Will he return to Bali or stay in Korea and later fly to Sg on 28? Hmm....:mellow:

Does anyone know where his Primera event will be held? I'll be in Seoul that day, it'll be nice if I can suddenly 'bump' into him somewhere. Wakakaa :lol:.. as if its thaaat easy to bump into PHS!

Here's hoping that you will really "bump" into him... Good luck!!!   

7 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, iamcassandra said:

well this is PHS first time to be the main lead I guess and thus he spent most of his time with PBY all throughout the filming period..unlike his previous projects...PHS doesn't have much experience in dating and relationships, probably why he's amazed in AMH and DBS story in SWDBS...my take on his answers in his interviews is that he, as clear as the morning sun, adores PBY and respect her...as much as I ship these two, but I don't feel that he is in love with PBY is a romantic way...it's just MY intuition..even when I see those BTS videos..PHS continues to be in character during the entire filming period to convincingly portray and bring the drama character to life...I highly commend their professionalism...they're both my most favorite actor/singer and actress in Korea though... :):D 

plus he is older now (and wiser).. I don't think he will say anything disrespectful about his noona :)

6 people like this

Posted

30 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@bongsoonie, thanks for your translation. I liked reading your translation of this interview, but the last paragraph confused me a bit. I went back to the original and translated it, and it came out slightly differently. I'm posting my translation of that last paragraph. I hope you don't mind. 

Additionally, Park Hyung Sik relayed what ‘Do Bong Soon’ Baek Mi Kyung said to him “Your eye gaze is of a different level”. He said “While we were broadcasting, the writer told him ‘Not an obvious melo, but do a melo with a story about something that shouldn’t be done’.  Because she was so complimentary about my eye gaze, I’m very grateful. Park Bo Young noona’s real sister apparently told Bo Young noona ‘Hyung Sik’s eye gaze is good’ and she (PBY) told me about it to raise my confidence. Saying also, ‘To an actor, isn’t it a good thing to have a good eye gaze.’ And, I’m very grateful to her for telling me that.”

Two quick notes about this paragraph. First thing, when Koreans talk about a "melo", they don't necessarily mean a straight melodrama as an English speaker might. Rather they seem to be referring to a romance drama. So "Romeo and Juliet" (without the second Romeo and without a Team Leader Oh showing up) is referred to as a melo. So, the writer was talking about PHS' range and intensity of expression in his gazes that would make him a good romantic drama lead, but telling him to do one with a complicated plot where he could put his range to good use rather than a simple, obvious plot which might be a waste of his talents. 

Second thing, saving (or raising) "ki" while the words translate literally into "saving energy", it actually means to raise their spirits or to raise their confidence. In this case, I think PBY may have told PHS about her sister complimenting his eye gaze as a way of reassuring him since he was so worried about doing well as an actor. 

No worries at all @stroppyse :) Thank you so much for the clarification as I was confused when trying to understand those parts too!!

7 people like this

Posted

2 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

I would have thought this is a shipper's thread than a drama thread. 

I read the same articles but since I am not a shipper, I obviously cannot understand your point. 

He did say he did not want to get his feelings confused but that didn't mean he did not love Ji Yi when he was Chang Soo. He was just very clear that once he was out of the role, he knew not to confuse the feelings.  

The drama ended also means he/AMH cannot continue to love DBS which is why, he started calling PBY his noona and sunbae. He didn't even call LJY his noona after High Society. He said to him, she is just Ji Yi. So does that mean anything?  

Hyungsik's personality is definitely closer to AMH than Chang Soo but AMH loving DBS doesn't necessarily mean PHS loving PBY. 

And what's wrong with him liking a kiss scene? He even uploaded the car kiss scene photo in High Society in his instagram once. 

I never said soompi is making up the articles. But there are more articles than the one translated by soompi. 

Well let's just agree to disagree. You won't be able to convince me just like how I won't be able to convince you. 

I don't mind him dating anyone but l don't like to speculate anything. I would give him my blessing when he is ready to tell the world who is his girlfriend.  

Completely agree that at times this thread has turned into a shipper's thread.  Which, is understandable and to be expected, but sometimes goes a little too far.  My take on this is that PHS has always been a method actor--he even admits so.  I wish he'd stop because I personally don't think it's healthy.  But, whatever, it's his life.  But he has always, always been really careful with his image and such.  With Nam JiHyun from What Happens to My Family, he was young and still being very careful.  He knows that he has to play to the fans that shipped them as a couple and he did.  Same with LJY, who he did seem to friend zone (bc while fans liked them as a couple on the screen if for no other reason than bc it was more interesting than the main couple, I don't think his fans really supported PHS being with LJY as a real couple).  I also think he's playing to public demands right now.  Yes, he said he loved PBY in the interview, but he also said he loved her because she was DBS.  Soompi isn't lying, but for me the tone of the original Korean article is a little different.  Not quite the shipper's dream statement that the Soompi translation makes it seem to be.  He knows (how could you not) that the Puppy Couple is what was driving the ratings up.  If he were to come out in an interview and say, "naw, we were just friends," that wouldn't come across too well.  Especially in view of the character that he played.  While he did so in the past, the difference now is that he's older, he's no longer an idol, and he's a guy.  Unfortunately, fans are for some reason okay with a male actor saying that he found his female costar to be charming, but those same fans can turn around and call the female co-star names if she says the same thing.  If he were to friend-zone PBY now, he would probably get more negative than positive publicity.  Also, the positions that they've taken in their interviews kind of mirrors their relationship in the drama: AMH loved BS and wasn't afraid to show it, whereas I'm still having my doubts about what BS felt for MH.

Personally, I don't understand the intensity with which some fans will ship a couple.  It's almost it's own form of stalking--dissecting every body movement, every interaction, every glance, every smile.  For all the good ratings it gets them, I bet it's the one question that each actor/actress hates to get but knows that they will and they prepare for it in advance with their agency. I don't like the question when it's asked because it's irrelevant and it puts the focus on the couple as a whole as opposed to other aspects of the drama, including the actor's acting ability.  Take SWDBS for example.  The couple scenes were cute, but I think that PHS' best acting moments came from his solo scenes, such as when he learned that it was his brother that was threatening him.  PBY's best scenes for me were when she cried, because she seems to cry with her whole heart.  Even some of the "couple" scenes, from the bts videos that JTBC released, some of the most poignant scenes were the actor staring into the camera.  When edited, it's as though the character was looking directly at the other character, but in reality the actor/actress is playing straight to the camera.  If I were an actress, I would want to hear comments such as, "oh that drama was so good, the plot, and your acting really improved..." and not so much, "you and your co-star are so cute together, you should really start dating in real life."

14 people like this